TEXAS DEER CHILI
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook venison, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned. Transfer to a slow cooker and stir together with chiles, beans, broth oregano, cumin, salt and paprika. Cook on medium 4 to 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.3 calories, Carbohydrate 19.6 g, Cholesterol 107 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 7.3 g, Protein 36 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 815.8 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
No one ever guesses the "secret ingredient" in this recipe that I created. A can of mushroom soup is what makes the chili so thick and creamy. Take this spicy concoction to a fall potluck or church dinner, and watch folks warm up to it! -Elizabeth Mays, Nunnelly, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook the sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292 calories, Fat 14g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 39mg cholesterol, Sodium 974mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar and saute for 2 to 3 more minutes. Then stir in the red wine, vinegar, tomato paste, chicken stock, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cilantro and salt. Simmer for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture is reduced by about half.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the bacon and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bacon is browned. Move the bacon to one side of the skillet and add the venison to the empty side of the skillet. Season the meat with salt to taste and saute the meat for 15 minutes, or until well browned. Stir in the beans and toss all together. Transfer this mixture to the simmering pot.
- Mix everything together thoroughly and let simmer for about 20 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 801.9 calories, Carbohydrate 49.7 g, Cholesterol 157.1 mg, Fat 36.9 g, Fiber 9.3 g, Protein 49.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 551.5 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
Some types of dinosaurs eat plants (zucchini), others eat meat (beef) and the not-yet-discovered Mole dinosaurs prefer chocolate! A fast, affordable one pot meal for kids of all ages. You can use any canned pasta for kids (Spaghetti-O or other shapes) to make it fun; shown in my photo are Annie's Organics All-Stars.
Provided by FLKeysJen
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat; add the chocolate chips and stir constantly until they melt. Add the onion and keep stirring - it will bubble and smell delicious as it caramelizes. Add the zucchini and keep stirring from time to time for 2-3 more minutes, until the veggies are cooked.
- Add the meat and taco seasoning. Stir together and cook for five minutes or so, until the meat appears cooked.
- Add the kidney beans, tomato paste, 1/2 cup water, cumin and full contents of the mini dinosaur can. Stir everything together.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve in bowls, topping with cheddar cheese if desired!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 456.8, Fat 13.7, SaturatedFat 5.9, Cholesterol 46.2, Sodium 912.4, Carbohydrate 62.1, Fiber 7.7, Sugar 11.1, Protein 22.6
- Arrange a rack at the bottom of the oven with a pizza stone if you have one (or a metal baking sheet if you don't) and preheat it to 500 degrees F, ideally for at least an hour.
- Divide the dough in half and stretch into balls, tucking the ends under and pinching them together so there's a smooth taught surface. Set each on a lightly floured large (roughly 10-inch square) piece of parchment paper, cover with plastic wrap or a dish towel and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Flatten each ball of pizza dough into a 9- to 10-inch round. Trim any excess parchment paper. Spread each with 1/4 cup of sauce, going almost all the way to the edge, top with the mozzarella and distribute the pepperoni, Canadian bacon and little pinches of the sausage evenly over top. Slide onto the pizza stone (the parchment goes with it to make things easier!) or baking sheet and bake until the crust is browned and the cheese is splotchy; begin checking for doneness at 7 minutes.
- Finish the pizzas with a few spoonfuls of giardiniera, loads of black pepper, crushed red pepper and Parmesan.
DINOSAUR BBQ MUTHA SAUCE
- Pour the oil into a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- After oil has heated, add the onions, green peppers, and jalapenos and stir.
- Add a pinch of sa1t and pepper and cook until vegetables are soft and onions are golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add remaining ingredients except the Liquid Smoke.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat so the sauce simmers.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add the Liquid Smoke and let the sauce cool.
- Pour it into a container, cover, and store in the fridge until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407.3, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 1.4, Sodium 2348.6, Carbohydrate 81.5, Fiber 4, Sugar 64, Protein 4.5
More about "dinosaur chili recipes"
BEST TEXAS CHILI RECIPE - CRAVING TASTY
BEST EVER CHILI RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
DINOSAUR-STYLE BBQ BEANS - RIPEN UP YOUR LIFE!LIFE'S A …
DINOSAUR BAR-B-QUE’S GARLIC DILL PICKLES - ANDREA MEYERS
DINO BITES! DINOSAUR PARTY FOOD FOR A ROARINGLY GOOD TIME
RAWRLICIOUS IDEAS AND RECIPES FOR A DINOSAUR THEMED …
REVEALED: DINOSAUR BAR-B-QUE TOP-SECRET PULLED PORK …
10 BEST DINOSAUR BBQ RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST VENISON CHILI RECIPE - NELLIEBELLIE
DINOSAUR BBQ RIBS - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
HOMEMADE VEGETARIAN CHILI - COOKIE AND KATE
10 BEST DINOSAUR KALE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHILI CHOCO DINOSAUR DRINK RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
12 DINOSAUR BIRTHDAY CAKE IDEAS WE LOVE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER …
VIEW DINOSAUR CHILI RECIPE IMAGES - CHILLI RECIPES
DINOSAUR BBQ CHILI RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
DINOSAUR BARBECUE CHILI RECIPE - SHARE RECIPES
DINOSAUR BBQ CHILI RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
VENISON CHILI - CULINARY HILL
10+ DINOSAUR BBQ AK CHILI RECIPE PNG - CHILLI RECIPES
ULTIMATE VEGETARIAN CHILI - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
DINOSAUR BBQ - THE DINOSAUR BAR-B-QUE'S RECIPE FOR TEXAS.
DINOSAUR BAR-B-QUE MUTHA SAUCE RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT …
DINOSAUR CHILI - PLAIN.RECIPES
VEGAN DINOSAUR CHILI - LITTLE MOUNTAIN COHOUSING
DINOSAUR BAR-B-QUE DIRTY RICE RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT RESTAURANT …
DINOSAUR CHILI | CHAR | COPY ME THAT
DINOSAUR BAR-B-QUE CHILI WITH BEANS, SEASONED WITH GIANELLI ITALIAN ...
CHILI CHOCO DINOSAUR DRINK | YUMMY.PH
SHORT RIB CHILI - MIDWEST FOODIE
DINOSAUR KALE CHIPS - SIMPLE AND SWEET FOOD
DINOSAUR CHILI RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPES, COOKING, CHILI RECIPES
DINOSAUR BBQ AK CHILI RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
25 FUN AND YUMMY DINOSAUR SNACK IDEAS FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY!
EASY VEGETARIAN CHILI - EATING BIRD FOOD
DINOSAUR BEEF RIBS - STUBB'S
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #healthy #main-dish #kid-friendly #chili #dietary
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a good recipe for Texas chili?This Texas chili recipe won't disappoint. Large chunks of seared beef are seasoned with ancho and guajillo chiles which lend it earthy, deep and sweet taste with a good amount of spiciness that anyone will enjoy. Season the beef with 1 tablespoon each of salt and pepper and set aside. Heat a large dutch oven.
How many calories are in Dinosaur Bar-B-Que chili?Personalized health review for Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Chili with Beans, Seasoned with Gianelli Italian Sausage: 290 calories, nutrition grade (A), problematic ingredients, and more. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products.
What are the ingredients in chili?Here's a chili recipe you'll love, combining ground beef and cubed top sirloin. Other ingredients include beer, strong-brewed coffee, unsweetened cocoa powder and ground cumin. This is an easy chili recipe that you can throw in the slow cooker and forget about all day.
How do you make chili with oregano?Add the oregano, lime juice and cilantro. Check for salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Add more ground chiles for more heat if desired. Stir well and turn off heat. Ladle chili into bowls and top with chopped red onions, green onions and cheddar cheese.