DIRTY RICE WITH BEANS AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE
Super simple to prepare and easily something that can be tackled in between assisting with homework during weeknights. It is filling and pairs well with a side salad or roasted broccoli for extra vegetables.
Provided by Katie
Categories Beans and Legumes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Prepare the sausage by browning it on all sides. When it is browned and cooked through, set aside on a cutting board until cool enough to handle. Then, slice into rounds about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch thick, according to your preference. Set aside.
- Prepare the rice as instructed according to the package, using 1 1/2 cups water and substituting the remaining amount of water that you would use with the 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth.
- In a cast-iron skillet or sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 - 7 minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic, celery, green bell peppers, Cajun seasoning, and thyme and sauté for 2 more minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, cooked and sliced sausage, kidney beans, the sautéed vegetable mixture, and the green onions. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 calories, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 47 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 25 grams fat, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 16 grams protein, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 1331 milligrams sodium, Sugar 6 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams unsaturated fat
SKILLET DIRTY RICE & BEANS
- In a large skillet with a lid heat the oil over medium heat. Saute the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes, stirring often.Add the diced sausage and give a stir or two.
- Sprinkle in all the seasonings and spices. Stir to coat the onions and sausage.Stir in the (uncooked) rice.
- Pour the chicken broth and tomatoes into the pot and scrape up and browned bits from the bottom of the pot.Turn the heat to medium high and bring the liquid to a hard simmer for a minute.Turn the heat to low and pop the lid on the pot. Cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the burner and let sit, with the lid on, for 5 minutes.Stir the bean into the mixture and serve.
This classic Cajun dish pays homage to the Louisiana holy trinity (onions, bell peppers and celery). The finely chopped proteins give the rice its signature "dirty" look. Traditionally, dirty rice includes chicken liver -- you can omit it, but don't fear the liver! It adds another layer of texture and depth of flavor.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, ground beef and chicken livers and cook, breaking the meat into small bits with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium heatproof bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Remove and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the Dutch oven. Add the onion, bell pepper and celery and cook down, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, thyme and bay leaves and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the rice, oregano, smoked paprika, cayenne, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and cook about 30 seconds. Stir the cooked meat back in, then add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer and cover. Cook until the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid, about 18 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Remove and discard the bay leaves, stir in the scallions and season.
DIRTY RICE WITH BEANS & SAUSAGE RECIPE - (4.7/5)
Provided by á-24918
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cut the sausage into coins and browned them in the Ninja on Stove Top High. Set aside. Turn your Ninja to Stove Top Medium and heat oil. Add the onion and sauté for 5 - 7 minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic, celery, green bell peppers, Cajun seasoning and thyme and sauté for 2 more minutes. Set aside. Add rice and about 3 cups chicken broth. Bring to boil, and turned down to Stove Top Low. The rice will need extra liquid in the Ninja. You may need to turn it back up to Stove Top Medium, if the rice still has a little bit of a "crunch." Check every 5 minutes or so and add liquid if needed (this also helps to ensure the bottom won't burn.) When there is about 5 minutes left in cooking add the sliced sausage, kidney beans, the sautéed vegetable mixture, and the green onions. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
DIRTY RICE WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE
- Make the rice, in a medium saucepan combine the rice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until all the stock is absorbed into the rice, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat. Brown the sausage. Once browned, add the garlic, onion, celery, and green bell pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup chicken stock and cayenne. Cook until the stock has reduced a little. Add the cooked rice and parsley and stir thoroughly. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
EASY RED BEANS & RICE WITH SAUSAGE
This recipe is a one dish meal. It's so easy to throw together and the cooking time just depends on the kind of rice you use. The flavor is great and this is easy to modify should you need to.
Provided by T-Logan
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut sausage into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Lightly brown.
- Add vegetables.
- Simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, cover with a tight fitting lid, and cook until rice is done.
- **NOTE** The cayenne seasoning mentioned is NOT straight cayenne pepper. Try one of the seasonings such as Tony Cachere's or Emeril's cajun seasoning. Sorry for any miscommunication.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510.2, Fat 22.8, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 46.3, Sodium 1125.7, Carbohydrate 52.6, Fiber 9.9, Sugar 3.6, Protein 22.4
- In a heavy saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and the chopped onions; saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Mix in the bell pepper, chili powder, ground annatto, chili flakes, cumin, and cinnamon. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour the rice into the saucepan and stir to coat. Add the water and 1 teaspoon salt, and bring the rice to a boil over high heat. Cover the pan and turn the heat to low. Simmer the rice for 25 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, mix in tomatoes, corn, black beans, and pine nuts. Stir in salt, pepper and lime juice. When the mixture is heated through, spoon it onto plates and top with the sliced red onion and cilantro. Serve a wedge or two of lime with each plate to squeeze over the rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409.1 calories, Carbohydrate 71.4 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 9.1 g, Protein 13.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 424.2 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
DIRTY, DIRTY RICE
Believe it or not, the first place I ever had dirty rice was at Popeyes®. They were out of the red beans and rice. I'd never been a huge fan of liver before, but not only have I come to love dirty rice, I've also started to crave it with even more "dirt," i.e. more liver, pork, and aromatic vegetables, hence this redundantly named dish. While the traditional method cooks the rice first before "soiling" it, here we add all the "filth" at the beginning and cook it into the rice.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Heat oil in a high-sided pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir pork until well browned and fat is rendered, 5 to 7 minutes. Add onion, celery, and bell pepper; saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in paprika, cumin, black pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, oregano, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables continue to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add andouille sausage. Cook and stir to release some flavor, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chicken livers and rice until well coated. Season with salt, pour in broth, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce. Cover tightly; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, without stirring, until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is starting to get tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add green onions and parsley; mix well. Continue cooking over low to medium-low heat until rice is tender, about 10 minutes more. Taste for seasoning and remove bay leaf before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.8 calories, Carbohydrate 55.2 g, Cholesterol 151.5 mg, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 15.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 1479.9 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
DIRTY RICE WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE
I became a fan of dirty rice around 10 years old, thanks to my Aunt Eudocia (pronounced Dochie). This is a little different, but looks worth the try. Recipe is from the Neely's, of Food Network.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add sausage, and brown.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, celery, and green bell pepper. Cook until veggies soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, along with chicken broth and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in cooked rice and chopped parsley, and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1525.3, Fat 117.4, SaturatedFat 41, Cholesterol 244.6, Sodium 5493.7, Carbohydrate 28, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 3.2, Protein 83.2
EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE - (4.6/5)
Provided by á-2225
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the meat with the onions, peppers, garlic, and parsley. Add Creole Seasoning and stir. Stir in the rice and continue cooking over medium heat for 2 minutes. Make sure the rice is incorporated well with the meat and vegetable mixture.
More about "dirty rice with beans sausage recipe 47"
10 BEST DIRTY RICE WITH BEANS RECIPES - YUMMLY
DIRTY RICE RECIPE - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
DIRTY RICE (CAJUN RICE) - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
CAJUN DIRTY RICE - SEA SALT SAVORINGS
EASY DIRTY RICE AND BEANS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
DIRTY RICE AND BEANS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
DIRTY RICE WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE - PINTEREST
LOUISIANA DIRTY RICE - SOUTHERN DISCOURSE
“DIRTY” RICE SAUSAGE BAKE WITH VEGETABLES - A MEAL IN MIND
CLASSIC CAJUN DIRTY RICE WITH SAUSAGE
DIRTY RICE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
DIRTY RICE WITH SAUSAGE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
EASY SOUTHERN DIRTY RICE RECIPE WITH PORK SAUSAGE
DIRTY RICE WITH BEANS & ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE (VEGAN) - ERECIPE
DIRTY RICE - CRAVING HOME COOKED
EASY DIRTY RICE WITH CHICKEN & ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE RECIPE
DIRTY RICE WITH BEANS AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE - RECIPES
DIRTY RICE WITH SAUSAGE - EASY AND FLAVORFUL SIDE DISH OR …
DIRTY RICE RECIPE: A HEALTHY TAKE ON A LOUISIANA CREOLE CLASSIC
DIRTY RICE WITH ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE – IN DIANES KITCHEN
DIRTY RICE WITH SAUSAGE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BAKED LOUISIANA DIRTY RICE AND BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY BEEF AND SAUSAGE DIRTY RICE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
BOJANGLES DIRTY RICE RECIPE (EASY COPYCAT) - SAVORY WITH SOUL
DIRTY RICE WITH SAUSAGE | RECIPELION.COM
10 BEST DIRTY RICE WITH BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
DIRTY RICE | ANNA'S RECIPE BOX - WORDPRESS.COM
DIRTY RICE WITH SAUSAGE | UNCLE CHARLEY'S
DIRTY RICE WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE AND BACON - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
ONE POT DIRTY RICE AND BEANS WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPE FOR …
DIRTY RICE WITH ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE - A BIG MOUTHFUL
DIRTY RICE - BROWSE YOUR FAVORITE CATEGORY
RICE WITH SAUSAGE AND BLACK BEANS - THREE GUYS OUTSIDE
DIRTY RICE RECIPE SAUSAGE RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
10 BEST DIRTY RICE WITH SAUSAGE RECIPES - YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Dirty Rice with sausage?Add the garlic, sausage, and chicken livers. Break up the sausage and add the cumin, salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Cook until the sausage is browned and no pink remains. Add the hot rice and parsley to the meat mixture and combine. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh parsley and serve hot. What is dirty rice?
What do you put in Dirty Rice and beans?Skillet Dirty Rice & Beans is a super easy skillet dinner, made in one pan. The rice is cooked with warm aromatics like onions, garlic, Cajun seasoning, and smoked paprika. Then you add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and smoked beef sausage.
What is dirty rice&beans?Skillet Dirty Rice & Beans is a super easy skillet dinner, made in one pan. The rice is cooked with warm aromatics like onions, garlic, Cajun seasoning, and smoked paprika.
How do you make Cajun sausage rice?After browning, set the sausage aside. In the same pan, saute the onions, garlic, green bell peppers and celery until tender. Add the seasoned salt and Cajun Spice mix and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the cooked white rice and toss together.