national antiguan dish (caribbean)
Time: 60 minutes
- preparations for making ducuna
- first grate
- the sweet potatoes and add sugar
- leave for a while it will spring water from mixture so
- you do not have to add water at anytime
- add spices and raisin , mix in the flour
- you may proceed to add a little bit of water , if the mixture seems to be too watery add a bit more flour
- spoon some of mixture in the foil paper
- you maybe able to make about 5 individual ducuna from the above recipe
- wrap the ducuna and place right into boiling water and boil for 45 minutes until they are firm
- it will be hot
- carefully unwrap and enjoy
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- sweet potatoes
Make and share this Ducuna recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Mand1642
Yield 5 serving(s)
- Preparations for making Ducuna. First grate.the sweet potatoes and add sugar. Leave for a while it will spring water from mixture so. You do not have to add water at anytime.
- Add spices and raisin, mix in the flour. You may proceed to add a little bit of water, if the mixture seems to be too watery add a bit more flour.
- Spoon some of mixture in the foil paper. You maybe able to make about 5 individual Ducuna from the above recipe.
- Wrap the Ducuna and place right into boiling water and boil for 45 minutes until they are firm. It will be hot. Carefully unwrap and enjoy.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 dash allspice
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 sweet potatoes (large)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation yams-sweet-potatoes healthy side-dishes potatoes vegetables low-fat dietary low-sodium low-cholesterol low-saturated-fat healthy-2 low-in-something
You'll also love
More recipes about ducuna recipes
Recipe From Afar: Ducana, Antigua and Barbuda | Eat Your ...
Recipe From : eatyourworld.com2019-01-22 · Recipe From Afar: Ducana, Antigua and Barbuda In honor of our month of Caribbean food on social media, we have a recipe for ducana, one of our favorite … ...
Ducana (Antiguan Boiled Sweet Potato) - International Recipes
Recipe From : tarasmulticulturaltable.com2016-09-14 · A recipe for Ducana (Antiguan Boiled Sweet Potato)! Grated sweet potatoes are mixed together with coconut, sugar, raisins (optional), spices, and flour, folded in banana leaves or foil, and boiled until firm. Ducana … ...
- In a large bowl, combine the grated sweet potato and coconut. Mix in the sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and raisins.
- Cut the banana leaves into squares, 6-10 inches depending on how large you want your Ducana. Rinse the banana leaves under hot water or heat lightly over an open flame until they are pliable.
Caribbean Recipes –Antigua’s Ducana
Recipe From : newsamericasnow.com2020-01-09 · Method: Sift flour, salt and spices in a bowl. Add potato, coconut and pumpkin and mix well. ... Show details
Antiguan Ducana and Salt Fish • Melinda Strauss
Recipe From : melindastrauss.com2018-08-02 · 1 pound mackerel (original recipe calls for cod-fish but my grocery store was not carrying it at the time I made this recipe) A lot of sea salt (to make the salted … ...
- hours before you plan to meat this dish, make the salt fish: pour a thin layer of salt on the bottom of a pan.
- Wash and dry the fish, being careful not to tear the fillets, and place the pieces on top of the salt layer. Completely cover the surface with more salt and toss until they are covered on all sides.
- Tightly wrap the pieces in plastic wrap and place the fish on a dish. If you would like, you can place the fish on a rack with a plate underneath it to catch the moisture released during the drying process.
- Place the plate in the fridge and let it be for 24 hours. Just be careful when you lift the plate 24 the following day since there will be liquid underneath the fish.
Recipe of the Week: Ducuna from Antigua and Barbuda - Food ...
Recipe From : wanderlustandlipstick.com2010-10-20 · Ducuna are sort of like sweet, large dumplings – ones that I would think of as more of a dessert, but apparently they pair well with salt fish and the like. Here is the recipe, be sure to let me know what you think, or if you’ve had them before. Ducuna Serves 3 Adapted from Caribbean Choice. Ingredients: 1 sweet potato (medium-large), grated ... Show details
How To Make Ducana / Duckna - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.com2018-08-28 · Please Make sure you subscribe to the Channel and Like the Video:Ingredients 1.4 Kg - Grated Sweet Potatoes 300g - Grated Coconut1 cup - Granulated White Su... ...
Good Friday Recipe: Ducana & Saltfish | CaribVue
Recipe From : caribvue.wordpress.com2011-04-22 · Soak the fish in water for about 4 hours or overnight. Boil fish in water for 45 minutes. Drain off hot water and pour cold water on fish to cool them down, making sure they get to a comfortable enough temperature to handle. Take out as many bones as possible. ...
St. Vincent and the Grenadines Flavours: Ducuna - A Vincy ...
Recipe From : svgflavours.blogspot.com2015-09-24 · Ingredients: Banana leaves 2 cups of sugar 1/4 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper 1/2 tsp. nutmeg 1 cup of grated tannia 1-1/2 cups of grated coconut 4-1/2 cups of grated sweet potatoes ... Show details
14 Favorite Duck Recipes for Special Dinners | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-10-22 · "This recipe uses duck legs, which makes a particularly rich and satisfying adobo," says Chef John. Brown the duck before sautéing onions and garlic with soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and crushed chilies! This technique works equally well with any stewing or braising meat -- duck legs, chicken thighs, pork chops. 8 of 14 View All . 9 of 14. Pin Share. Facebook Tweet. Email. Send Text ... ... Show details
Ducana Recipe St Vincent | Bryont Rugs and Livings
Recipe From : bryont.net2018-07-16 · St Vincent And The Grenadines Flavours Ducuna A Vincy Favourite. Ducana Antiguan Sweet Potato Dumpling Tara S Multicultural Table. Delightful Creole Caribbean Flavours Ducuna St Vincent And. Ducana Antiguan Sweet Potato Dumpling Tara S Multicultural Table. Good Friday Recipe Ducana Saltfish Caribvue. ... Show details
🇻🇨How To Make Ducuna/Ducana: St Vincent and the Grenadines ...
Recipe From : youtube.comSubscribe for more videos and everyone is welcome.Recipe 3 cups of grated sweet potatoes 1 cup of grated tania. You can use pumpkin, carrots, a green plantai... ... Show details
Caribbean Island Recipes and Cuisine | Whats4eats
Recipe From : whats4eats.com...
- Pan-Caribbean Recipes. Foo-Foo (Mashed plantains) Pepper Vinegar (Vinegar infused with hot chilies) Pepper Wine (Rum infused with hot chilies) Planter's Punch (Rum with fruit juice)
- Antigua. Conch Fritters. Ducuna (Boiled sweet potato cakes) Fungi (Cornmeal mush) Bread Pudding. Papaya Pie.
- Aruba. Keshi Yena (Stuffed cheese shell) Webo Yena (Deviled eggs) Funchi (Cornmeal mush) Sopito (Fish and coconut milk chowder) Sancochi di Galinja (Chicken stew)
- Bahamas. Cracked Conch (Deep-fried conch strips) Pea Soup with Dumplings. Souse (Pickled pork) Ham Loaf. Boiled Fish with Grits. Crab 'n' Rice (Crab simmered with rice)
- Barbados. Salt Fish Cakes (Salt cod fritters) Jug-Jug (Meat stew with pureed pigeon peas) Rice and Stew (Beef stewed with vegetables and rice) Cornmeal Fried Chicken.
- Curacão. Keshy Yena (Baked stuffed edam cheese) Pastechi (Meat- or cheese-filled pastry) Jambo (Seafood and okra soup) Kadushi (Cactus soup) Sopi Mondongo (Tripe stew)
- Dominican Republic. Frituras de Ñame (Yam fritters) Asopao de Mariscos (Seafood stew) Sanchoco de Seite Carnes (Stew of Seven Meats) Sopa Boba ("Silly" vegetable soup)
- French Antilles. Fricassée de Poulet (Chicken fricassee) Féroce (Salt cod with hot peppers) Christophene au Gratin (Baked chayote stuffed with cheese)
- Grenada. Oildown (Saltbeef, saltfish and breadfruit simmered in coconut milk) Roast Pork with Orange Sauce. Stuffed Breadfruit (Breadfruit baked with a ground beef stuffing)
Delightful Creole Caribbean Flavours : Ducuna - St ...
Recipe From : caribbeanflavours.blogspot.com1 day ago · Ducuna is very popular in St. Vincent and Antigua. It is made with sweet potato, coconut, spices and tannia, wrapped and boiled in banana leaves. It is also steamed in banana leaves and has a finished look like paime, pastelles or conkies. Ducuna as I … ...
22 Cultural Recipes: Saint Vincent ideas | recipes ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comDucuna is very popular in St. Vincent and Antigua. It is made with sweet potato, coconut, spices and tannia, wrapped and boiled in banana leaves. It is also steamed in banana leaves and has a finished look like paime, pastelles or conkies. Ducuna as I know it was made by the older persons while growing up. ...
Duck Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comRating: 4.8 stars. 7. Duck rillettes is one of the most amazing culinary magic tricks of all time. Even though most of the spread is made up of fairly lean duck meat, by emulsifying it in a little butter, duck fat, and duck gelatin, you'll swear the final product has the fat content of the finest foie gras torchon. ... Show details
Recipe: The national dish of Saint Kitts and Nevis ...
Recipe From : ingmar.app2015-09-16 · Recipe: The national dish of Saint Kitts and Nevis - Stewed saltfish with spicy plantains and coconut dumplings. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Cook Time 1 hr 30 mins. Total Time 1 hr 30 mins. … ...
Ducana Recipe | Bryont Rugs and Livings
Recipe From : bryont.net2017-11-22 · St Vincent And The Grenadines Flavours Ducuna A Vincy Favourite Ducana Search Antigua Caribbean Island Guide Ducana antiguan sweet potato dumpling tara s multicultural table antiguan ducana and salt fish kitchen tested good friday recipe ducana saltfish food recipes indian ducana antiguan sweet potato dumpling recipe. Share. Tweet. Google+. Pinterest. Email. Prev … ...
Ducana & Salt Fish | Cordy's Corner
Recipe From : cordyscorner.wordpress.com2009-08-09 · Thank you for your recipe and futher explanation will be greatly appreciated. By: Nikki on June 18, 2012 at 12:48 am. Reply. Hi Nikki, FOIL SIZE: As for wrapping the ducana; first cut the foil to about a letter sized sheet of paper (8 ½” X 11”). Then, place approximately 2/3 cup of batter into the center of the foil paper. Now fold the foil in half. You then fold the top edge 3 or more ... ...
Ducana Recipe St Vincent | Dandk Organizer
Recipe From : dandkmotorsports.comSt vincent and the grenadines flavours ducuna a vincy favourite how to make ducana caribbean food dukana recipe you antiguan ducana and salt fish kitchen tested ducana alchetron the free social encyclopedia. Facebook; Prev Article Next Article . Related Posts. Storage Units Midvale Ut. Domenica Maynez June 11, 2018. Storage Units Monterey California. Shira Sleigh June 8, 2018. Patron Cafe … ... Show details
22 Antigua and Barbuda Recipes ideas | recipes, antigua ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caRecipe of the Week: Ducuna from Antigua and Barbuda - Food Freeway. Ducana. Italian Polenta My Favorite Food Favorite Recipes Pineapple Salsa National Dish Vegetable Stew Caribbean Vacations Grilled Meat World Recipes. Antigua and Barbuda Inspired Burger. Side Dish Recipes Side Dishes Italian Polenta National Dish Caribbean Recipes Food Science International Recipes Vegetarian Healthy Recipes ... ... Show details
Ducuna - Recipe
Recipe From : pinterest.caMay 27, 2013 - CaribbeanChoice is a website that promotes all that's Caribbean, all Caribbean islands, it's people, it's culture, it's products and generates interest … ... Show details
Ducana Recipe | Dandk Organizer
Recipe From : dandkmotorsports.comSt Vincent And The Grenadines Flavours Ducuna A Vincy Favourite READ Michelada Mix Recipe. Ducana Search Antigua Caribbean Island Guide The World S Fare Ducana Ethnojunkie Recipe Ducana Antiguan Sweet Potato Dumplings Eat Your World Blog Antiguan Ducana Recipe READ Meatless Dirty Rice Recipe. Ducana Antiguan Potato Dumpling Recipe Epersian Food Second Spin Country 6 … ... Show details
Duncana (Antiguan Sweet Potato Dumplings): Ginormous ...
Recipe From : foreignfork.com2018-10-03 · Duncana are an Antiguan side dish made by combining grated sweet potatoes, grated coconut, and spices. The dumplings are wrapped in banana leaves (or aluminum foil) and boiled. Wash banana leaves and remove central stems. Cut leaves into 5 … ...
Ducuna - TfRecipes
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comYou maybe able to make about 5 individual Ducuna from the above recipe. Wrap the Ducuna and place right into boiling water and boil for 45 minutes until they are firm. It … ... Show details
Kittitian Style Conkies in Banana Leaf - Tasteeful Recipes
Recipe From : tasteefulrecipes.com2020-04-08 · 1/4 tsp Almond essence. 1/4 tsp Fresh or ground nutmeg. Banana leaves or foil paper. Water (for boiling, enough to cover the conkies) Instructions. Making the batter: In a bowl mix together the grated coconut, pumpkin, sweet potato, flour, spices, sugar, … ...