EASY HOMEMADE PASTA DOUGH
Consistently great and easy pasta dough. This makes really great homemade linguine or ravioli for a manual pasta machine. If its too sticky, just roll a bit in flour. This recipe makes enough pasta for 24 small raviolis or 4 servings of linguine. Whatever pasta you make should take no more than 4 to 6 minutes to boil.
Provided by pho1962
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Beat flour, eggs, olive oil, and salt together in a bowl. Add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to flour mixture until a smooth and very thick dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a work surface and knead for 10 minutes. Let dough rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Divide dough into 8 balls and use a pasta machine to roll and cut dough into desired pasta shape.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.8 calories, Carbohydrate 48 g, Cholesterol 139.5 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 11.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 635.5 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
HOW TO MAKE HANDMADE PASTA RECIPE BY TASTY
Making fresh, homemade pasta dough doesn't have to be tedious! All you need is some flour, eggs, and a tiny bit of arm strength as you knead it all together - no food processor or fancy stand-mixer required. And once your noodles are ready, all it takes is 2-3 minutes of cooking before you can add your sauce, sprinkle your cheese, and open that wine.
Provided by Jody Duits
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- On a clean, sturdy work surface, turn out your chosen flour(s) and salt and make a large well in the middle with your hands.
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks, and olive oil together in a medium bowl until combined, then pour the mixture into the well.
- Using the same fork, whisk the eggs, slowly incorporating more and more flour into the eggs by moving your fork along the edges of the well.
- Once almost all of the flour is incorporated, start bringing the dough together with your hands. (The dough should be malleable, but not sticky--add more flour if the dough is sticking too much to your hands or the surface. Alternatively, if it's too dry and tough, whisk another egg with 1 tablespoon of water and use your hand to sprinkle some of the mixture over the dough, continuing to do so until the dough is easier to knead.)
- Knead the dough for 7-10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. When you poke the dough, it should spring back.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour, or until the dough does not spring back when poked.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into 8 equal pieces so that it's easier to work with. Take 1 piece and wrap the rest in the plastic wrap so that they don't dry out.
- Lightly flour your work surface, and begin rolling out the piece of dough into one long piece. Then, fold the top third down, and the bottom third over that, like a letter. Rotate the dough 90˚ and roll the piece back into a long shape. This helps form a more even rectangular shape and makes the dough a little bit easier to work with.
- Continue rolling out the dough until it is very thin. When you lift the dough, you should be able to see your hands through it.
- Fold the top and bottom of the rectangle to meet in the middle, then fold over again--this will make the dough easier to cut. Cut the dough to your ideal shape. Loosen or unravel the cut dough immediately, so it doesn't stick, sprinkle with a bit of extra flour, or semolina, if using. Let the pasta sit out for about 30 minutes to dry out slightly.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and stir to ensure it doesn't clump. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or 30 seconds to 1 minute after the pasta comes to the surface (fresh pasta will cook much faster than dried pasta!)
- Take out a noodle and taste for doneness. Once cooked to your liking, remove the pasta from the water, being sure to save at least 1 cup (240 ML) of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the cooked pasta into your preferred sauce and stir to coat, adding some of the reserved pasta water if needed to add a bit of body and silkiness to the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1401 calories, Carbohydrate 163 grams, Fat 48 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 69 grams, Sugar 2 grams
DUFF'S GOOD-ASS FUDGE
We all know Duff can bake cakes, but he can sure make fudge too! Prep time does not include 5 hours of sitting time before slicing.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 18 bars
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper; butter lightly.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk and corn syrup in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to combine. Insert candy thermometer; cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches 236-237 degrees F (soft ball stage). Remove pan from heat.
- Add cocoa powder, butter, vanilla and salt; stir 60 seconds. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Let sit 1 hour; cover and let sit at least 4 hours before placing. Slice into 18 3x1-1/2 inch bars.
EGG PASTA DOUGH
The pasta-bilities are endless with this recipe that yields a supple, springy fresh egg pasta dough that's so easy to work with, you won't even need a pasta maker-a rolling pin will do just fine. A combination of whole eggs and egg yolks contributes to the dough's easy workability and rich flavor. A blend of specialty flours, the super-fine "00" and coarser semolina, result in a pasta with a delicate texture and the perfect amount of chew. Give this dough a try when making Garganelli with Fennel Puttanesca or Ricotta Raviolo with Garlicky Greens.
Provided by Greg Lofts
Yield Makes about 1 pound
Number Of Ingredients 4
- On a clean work surface or in a large bowl, combine both flours. Make a well in center; add eggs and yolks, 1 tablespoon warm water, and oil. Using a fork and whisking outward from the center of well, gradually incorporate flour mixture into egg mixture until a ragged dough forms.
- Transfer to a lightly floured work surface and knead until dough is smooth and springs back when pressed with a finger, 8 to 10 minutes. While kneading, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if dough feels too dry; or add more "00" flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, if dough feels too sticky.
- Divide dough in half. Pat each half into an approximately 1-inch-thick square; tightly wrap in plastic and let stand at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours before using.
HOMEMADE PASTA DOUGH
- Place flour in a mound on clean large work surface. Make a well (hole) in center of flour. Crack eggs into center of well. Sprinkle salt over eggs.
- Using fork, gently break up eggs. With fork, begin to incorporate flour into eggs. Once mixture is somewhat combined, use hands to squeeze and work dough into a ball. (Dough should be tacky but not sticky.)
- Knead pasta dough like bread dough-push down dough with palm of hand, fold dough over itself and repeat-until dough is smooth, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover dough with clean kitchen towel. Let rest about 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Remove 1 piece of dough; cover remaining with towel. Flatten piece of dough with palm of hand. Using rolling pin or pasta machine, roll to about 1/16-inch thickness or to desired thickness. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
PERFECT PASTA DOUGH
After not making pasta for 15 years, I have made it three times in the past week and this, my final attempt was the best and rolled perfectly for linguine. Posting so I remember the next time I make pasta......probably tomorrow! I used a mixer to assemble the ingredients, and a hand crank pasta machine to roll and cut the pasta.
Provided by Cook4_6
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a mixer using the paddle attachment (not dough hook).
- Gradually add the water (you may not need it all) until the dough begins to form a ball and is sticky.
- Remove and place on floured service; kneed for 4-5 minutes incorporating enough additional flour into the dough until the tackiness is gone.
- Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into 6 pieces, and flatten (with roller or by hand) into a rectangular shape. Keep a dish towel over the other pieces to keep them from drying out.
- Run through the pasta machine at the widest setting 6-10 times until the dough is smooth. If one end is narrower than the other, fold the narrow end until the width evens a bit. To make linguine, I then begin narrowing the roller width step by step, sending the noodle though once on each setting, through the second thinnest setting. (Thinnest setting for spaghetti) Place on a lightly floured baking sheet and cover with another towel.
- Repeat with the remaining pieces, slightly flouring in between noodles as you stack them. If the noodles are longer than your baking sheet, cut them in half with a pastry cutter.
- Allow the noodles to sit for 10 minutes before cutting them. It usually takes me longer than 10 minutes to roll the noodles, so I flip the noodles over and start cutting the first one rolled.
- Your sheets of noodles should no longer be tacky, and should process through the cutter without sticking. If the noodles are still sticky, you may want to flour them a bit before putting them through your cutter.
- Place noodles through desired cutter and lay on baking sheet to dry for 10-20 minutes before cooking. Dust each batch with a tiny bit of flour and separate them with your fingers to ensure they don't clump.
- Place in boiling, salted water and cook until they float to the top; 5 minutes or until your desired tenderness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194.7, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 62, Sodium 412.1, Carbohydrate 31.2, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 0.1, Protein 6.9
THE LAST PASTA DOUGH RECIPE YOU'LL EVER NEED RECIPE BY TASTY
As a chef who has spent years and years perfecting the art of pasta, I'm often asked for my go-to recipe. The most basic ratio is 1 whole egg for each 100 grams of flour; however, I prefer a ratio of more yolks and whole eggs for an easy to work with dough, that doesn't get too sticky. This recipe works best using a scale, not cups and teaspoons, to measure the flour,. The amounts will vary slightly depending on the humidity, the brand of flour, and the brand of eggs you use, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be turning out perfect pasta in no time.
Provided by Joe Sasto
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mound the flour on a clean surface and make a well in the center. Add the egg yolks, eggs, and salt to the well and slowly beat with a fork, gradually incorporating flour from around the edges of the well. When the dough starts to come together, switch to your hands and knead until the dough is smooth and supple, 20-30 minutes. Alternatively, combine the ingredients in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook and beat on low speed until smooth and pliable, about 15 minutes.
- Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Sheet the dough with a pasta roller or roll out with a rolling pin on a wood surface. Fill with cacio e pepe filing and cut into ravioli, if desired, or cut into your desired shape.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 4-6 minutes, depending on shape.
- Toss with sauce of your choice and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 724 calories, Carbohydrate 87 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 39 grams, Sugar 1 gram
More about "duffs pasta dough recipes"
DUFF - THE RECIPE ISLAND
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine CaribbeanCalories 584 per serving
DUFF - RECIPES
DUFF’S CURRIED PASTA SALAD – RECIPES NETWORK
BEST BASIC PASTA DOUGH RECIPE FROM 'BOBBY AND GIADA IN ITALY'
DUFF’S BREAD PUDDING - COPYKAT RECIPES
PASTA DOUGH RECIPE | EASY, HOMEMADE AND DELICIOUS!
BASIC PASTA DOUGH - AUSTRALIAN EGGS
HOMEMADE PASTA DOUGH RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
HOMEMADE PASTA DOUGH - HOW TO STEP BY STEP - INSIDE …
10 BEST FLAVORED PASTA DOUGH RECIPES | YUMMLY
DAVID ROCCO'S FRESH PASTA DOUGH - HOUSE & HOME
GORDON RAMSAY’S EASY HOMEMADE PASTA DOUGH RECIPE
PERFECT PASTA DOUGH | CANADIAN LIVING
BASIC PASTRY DOUGH | RICARDO
GUYANESE DUFF (STEAMED DUMPLINGS) - METEMGEE
RECIPES - DUFOUR PASTY KITCHENS INC
PASTA DOUGH - KENWOOD RECIPES
FRESH PASTA DOUGH | RICARDO
NEWFOUNDLAND DOUGH BOYS...FLUFFY DUMPLINGS FOR SOUP OR STEW
PASTA | DUFF'S HAPPY FUN BAKE TIME | FOOD NETWORK
DUFF GOLDMAN RECALLS HIS GREAT-GRANDMOTHER’S BAKING RECIPES — …
HOMEMADE PASTA DOUGH RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
TRADITIONAL NEWFOUNDLAND ROAST AND DUFF - BONITA'S KITCHEN
PASTA DOUGH RECIPE - PREPPY KITCHEN
DUFF'S PASTA DOUGH | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, RECIPES, PASTA …
DUFF ABC'S: ONE DOUGH, FOUR RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE FRESH EGG PASTA DOUGH: A TRADITIONAL ITALIAN RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE PUFF PASTRY DOUGH FROM SCRATCH | ALLRECIPES
DUFF - FOCACCIA
BASIC PASTA DOUGH MADE WITH ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, EGGS AND OIL
BASIC PASTA DOUGH | TLN
PASTA DOUGH WITH MILK – CHEF'S PARADISE
DUFF'S PASTA DOUGH | RECIPE IN 2021 | PASTA DOUGH, BUTTER …
DUFF GOLDMAN PIE CRUST RECIPE - RECIPESCHOICE
BASIC PASTA DOUGH - CHIAPPAS SISTERS
DUFF'S PESTO | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, RECIPES, PASTA DISHES
RECIPES - HOME & FAMILY: DUFF'S BRIOCHE ROLL - HALLMARK CHANNEL
GUAVA DUFF RECIPE ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS.COM
DUFFS WING SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Duff?Classic Duff recipe from the Bay Islands of Honduras. Mix dry ingredients together. Add water and oil then knead them together. Place dough in the bowl and let rise for one hour. Prepare a pot with water and place a can in the center of the pot. Bring water to a boil. Once the dough has risen, place the mixing bowl with the dough on top of the can.
How long do you cook Duff dough?Then add the duff dough over top leave uncovered and place back in oven, for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy with a side of boiled vegetables, carrot, turnip and potatoes.
What is the best way to make homemade pasta dough?Extra Tips For Making Homemade Pasta Dough Use 00′ flour for the best results when making pasta dough from scratch. Use the highest quality free range eggs possible. Knead the dough for no less than 10 minutes. It should be smooth and elastic in texture. Make sure to rest the pasta dough for 30 minutes before rolling out.
What to do with Duff pastry?( Keep some gravy in a pot for extra gravy if needed ) Then add the duff dough over top leave uncovered and place back in oven, for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy with a side of boiled vegetables, carrot, turnip and potatoes. Follow duff pastry recipe for top of roast. Serve hot with roast, vegetables, gravy and duff.