DUTCH BABY PANCAKE WITH APPLES
Baked in a large, hot skillet, the thin, eggy batter puffs up like a popover. To serve, slide the pancake from the skillet onto a round serving platter, and present it apple side up.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a well-seasoned 10-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add butter. When melted, add apple wedges. Cook until softened and lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in honey and cardamom, and remove skillet from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, except confectioners' sugar, until smooth. Pour over apples. Bake until puffed and brown, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately, cut into wedges, with confectioners' sugar sifted over the top.
DUTCH APPLE BABY
No fresh milk? Don't despair! This quick and easy variation of the classic Dutch Baby pancake features ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
Provided by Mott's
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat applesauce in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Pour applesauce into blender. Add the eggs. Blend until combined; about 5 seconds. Add vanilla, sugar, salt and flour. Blend until evenly mixed. Add two tablespoons of melted butter. Blend another 30 seconds.
- Heat oven-proof skillet on medium heat. Pour a tablespoon of melted butter into skillet and swirl it around to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Immediately pour the batter into the skillet; place in middle rack of oven.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges and the pancake is puffed, about 20 minutes.
- Brush the last tablespoon of melted butter evenly over pancake. Sift powdered sugar over top, if desired.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the Dutch Baby. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.1 g, Cholesterol 199.6 mg, Fat 18.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 197.2 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
GERMAN APPLE PANCAKE
If you're looking for a pretty dish to make when having guests for brunch, try this. Everyone I've served it to has enjoyed it-except for one time, that is, when my husband tried to make it following my recipe, which I'd written down incorrectly! If you don't leave out the flour as I did, it'll turn out terrific! -Judi Van Beek, Lynden, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat a 10-in. cast-iron skillet in a 425° oven. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt and nutmeg; cover and process until smooth. , Add butter to hot skillet; return to oven until butter bubbles. Pour batter into skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until pancake puffs and edges are browned and crisp. , For topping, in a skillet, combine the apples, butter and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until apples are tender. Spoon into baked pancake. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 107mg cholesterol, Sodium 273mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
GERMAN APPLE PANCAKE
Also known as a Dutch baby, this is a terrific 'special day' recipe. If you are strapped for time, you can start it the evening before and pretty much pop it in the oven. The presentation is excellent! You can shorten the preparation time by using apple pie filling, but the crisp of new apples really makes it.
Provided by Mollie_Cole
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, blend eggs, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Gradually mix in milk, stirring constantly. Add vanilla, melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Let batter stand for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a 10 inch oven proof skillet, brushing butter up on the sides of the pan. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over the butter. Line the pan with apple slices. Sprinkle remaining sugar over apples. Place pan over medium-high heat until the mixture bubbles, then gently pour the batter mixture over the apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and bake for 10 minutes. Slide pancake onto serving platter and cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455.9 calories, Carbohydrate 51.5 g, Cholesterol 236.6 mg, Fat 24 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 10.3 g, SaturatedFat 13.5 g, Sodium 182.2 mg, Sugar 37.2 g
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKES
These are not your normal pancakes. Let them puff up as big as you want it just adds to the flavor and fun for young kids. This was a family favorite found in a vegetarian cookbook my mother had but we have our own variations. You'll probably want to make a double batch.
Provided by micregpri
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Melt 1 1/2 tbs butter in a regular size skillet.
- Mix Eggs, Flour, Milk, and Salt together in a bowl. When well blended put in skillet.
- Cook for 15 minutes in oven.
- Drop temp to 350 and cook for another 10 minutes.
- While pancake is cooking mix 4 tbs butter, Applesauce, honey or sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small sauce pan and warm.
- Cut pancakes like a pie and top with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.4, Fat 14.5, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 138, Sodium 337.6, Carbohydrate 38.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 11.9, Protein 6.1
DUTCH OVEN-PUFFED APPLE PANCAKE
I use my cast-iron skillet when I make this recipe, but an ovenproof, non-stick skillet would work just as well. This is a brunch favorite.
Provided by Alan in SW Florida
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, beat the 3 eggs and milk until well blended. Add the flour and salt; stir until batter is barely blended (the batter should be slightly lumpy).
- In another bowl, toss apple slices with sugar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Melt unsalted butter in a heavy, ovenproof 12-inch cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple mixture and saute 4 minutes, or until slightly softened. Spread out apples into an even layer; pour batter over apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until pancake is golden brown and puffed.
- Sprinkle with the juice of half a lemon and dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422, Fat 23, SaturatedFat 13.2, Cholesterol 210.8, Sodium 369.3, Carbohydrate 46.5, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 23.2, Protein 9.1
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and slice the apple 1/8 inch thick. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a 9-inch ovenproof crêpe pan or skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the apple, 1 tablespoon of the granulated sugar, and the cinnamon and toss well. Sauté the apple for 5 to 7 minutes until tender, tossing occasionally. Spread the apple out in the pan and keep hot over low heat.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the microwave. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the flour, the remaining tablespoon of granulated sugar, and the salt. Whisk the flour mixture into the milk mixture, whisking until there are no lumps. Pour the batter over the cooked apple in the hot pan and immediately place in the oven.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the pancake is puffed and the edges start to get crispy and browned. Dust lightly with sifted confectioners' sugar, cut in wedges, and serve hot with maple syrup.
APPLE DUTCH BABY OVEN PANCAKES
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oven to 425 F. Put a cast-iron or ovenproof 9- or 10-inch skillet in the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the apple slices with brown sugar and cinnamon; toss gently to coat well.
- In another bowl, mix flour with salt. In a large cup or small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, and whisk until just combined.
- Carefully take the hot cast iron pan from the oven, set it on a cooling rack, and add remaining butter; swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange apple slices over the bottom of the pan.
- Pour batter over apple slices.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned.
- Serve with syrup or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 658 kcal, Carbohydrate 128 g, Cholesterol 167 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 352 mg, Sugar 73 g, Fat 14 g, ServingSize Serves 4, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKES
- Crepes: In an electric mixer mix together flour, milk, eggs, apple juice, sugar, beat until smooth. Add apple. In a hot, non-stick, crepe pan heat 1 teaspoon butter or vegetable oil. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into pan, spread batter evenly to cover entire surface. Cook until it browns around the edges, about 30 seconds. Flip it over with a spatula (or fingers) and cook until it starts to brown, another 30 seconds. Slide the crepe onto a plate and continue until all batter is used. Set aside.
- Filling: Peel, core and dice apples. Gently simmer apples, raisins, honey, cinnamon and apple juice until apples are soft but not mushy. Using a potato masher break up the apple mixture to make the apple pieces smaller.
- Spoon some sauce on a crepe and fold twice Dust with powdered sugar. Serve.
More about "dutch apple pancakes recipes"
DUTCH BABY APPLE PANCAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a blender, process half-and-half, eggs, vanilla and 2 Tbsp. butter until smooth. Blend in flour, salt and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, mix remaining butter and cinnamon with brown sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring. Stir in apples, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until apples are tender and liquid has thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Pour batter from blender over apple mixture; sprinkle with nuts, if desired. Bake until set and top is golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE - RENAL SUPPORT NETWORK
EASY DUTCH BABY PANCAKE WITH WARM APPLES RECIPE
THE BEST ONE-BOWL DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE RECIPE
DUTCH BABY PANCAKE WITH SAUTEED APPLES RECIPE - THE …
APPLE BACON DUTCH PANCAKE (PANNENKOEKEN) - THE …
OVEN-BAKED DUTCH APPLE PANCAKES | PAULA DEEN
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
OMA'S APFELPFANNKUCHEN ~ GERMAN APPLE PANCAKE …
APPLE DUTCH BABY PANCAKE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PANNENKOEK (DUTCH PANCAKE) • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
BIG APPLE PANCAKE (DUTCH BABY) | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
TRADITIONAL DUTCH PANCAKES - GRANDMA'S SECRET RECIPE!
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKES | MRFOOD.COM
APPLE DUTCH BABY PANCAKE - COOKING FOR MY SOUL
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
SPICED APPLE DUTCH BABY PANCAKE - INSPIRED TASTE
20 GERMAN APPLE PANCAKE RECIPES - HOME STRATOSPHERE
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKES MADE IN APPE / AEBLESKIVER PAN
GERMAN APPLE PANCAKE - SERVED FROM SCRATCH
DUTCH BABY APPLE PANCAKE | SOMETHING NEW FOR DINNER
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
THE BEST DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
APPLE GERMAN PANCAKE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
APPLE DUTCH BABY - CREME DE LA CRUMB
OVEN BAKED DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE - BOBBI'S KOZY KITCHEN
BAKED GERMAN APPLE PANCAKE (DUTCH BABY) RECIPE WITH NUTMEG …
DELICIOUS DUTCH PANCAKES (PANNEKOEK) WITH APPLE STROOP
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE DUTCH BABY | RECIPE FROM YOUR HOMEBASED MOM
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE | SAGE SPOONFULS RECIPES
BEST DUTCH PANCAKE RECIPE WITH APPLES - MY TURN FOR US
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE - MODERNIZED! - HURRY THE FOOD UP
DUTCH APPLE PANCAKES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GLUTEN-FREE TUESDAY: DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE - SERIOUS EATS
PANNEKOEKEN RECIPE (BAKED DUTCH APPLE PANCAKE) | FEASTING AT …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #pancakes-and-waffles #breakfast #desserts #fruit #german #easy #european #beginner-cook #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #vegetarian #dietary #comfort-food #inexpensive #apples #brunch #taste-mood #sweet
You'll also love