EASY APPLE STRUDEL
My family always loves it when I make this wonderful dessert. Old-fashioned strudel was too fattening and time-consuming, but this revised classic is just as good. It's best served warm from the oven. -Joanie Fuson, Indianapolis, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place raisins, water and extract in a large microwave-save bowl; microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain. Add apples, 1/3 cup sugar, flour and cinnamon; toss to combine., In a small bowl, mix melted butter and oil; remove 2 teaspoons mixture for brushing top. Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush lightly with some of the butter mixture. (Keep remaining remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Layer with 7 additional phyllo sheets, brushing each layer with some of the butter mixture. Spread apple mixture over phyllo to within 2 in. of 1 long side., Fold the short edges over filling. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from the side with a 2-in. border. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with reserved butter mixture; sprinkle with remaining sugar. With a sharp knife, cut diagonal slits in top of strudel., Bake until golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 92mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
APPLE STRUDEL EASY!
This is made easy with store bought puff pastry. I used a mix of dried nuts and dried fruit but you can use either or.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Stir sugar cinnamon, lemon juice, salt, nuts, vanilla, and flour together.
- Mix in apples gently.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 16 x 12-inch rectangle. With the short side facing you, spoon the apple mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry sheet to within 1 inch of the edge. Roll up like a jelly roll. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Tuck the ends under to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Cut several slits in the top of the pastry. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the strudel is golden brown. Let the strudel cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
EASY APPLE STRUDEL
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place apples in a large bowl. Stir in brown sugar and golden raisins; set aside. Place puff pastry on baking sheet. Roll lightly with a rolling pin. Arrange apple filling down the middle of the pastry lengthwise. Fold the pastry lengthwise around the mixture. Seal edges of pastry by using a bit of water on your fingers, and rubbing the pastry edges together. Whisk egg and milk together, and brush onto top of pastry.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.2 calories, Carbohydrate 87.9 g, Cholesterol 31.8 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 130.3 mg, Sugar 62.2 g
EASY APPLE STRUDEL
Strüdel is a hearty apple dessert, wonderful served topped with cream. Sprinkling the pastry with breadcrumbs stops it becoming soggy as it bakes.
Provided by BBC Food
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Place the apple, orange juice and zest, sugar, nutmeg and sultanas into a large bowl and mix well.
- Brush each sheet of filo pastry with melted butter, then place the sheets of pastry on top of each other onto a large sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Sprinkle the top sheet of filo with some dried breadcrumbs, then spoon the apple mixture down the middle of the filo sheet.
- Carefully roll the pastry up around the filling like a cigar, using the greaseproof paper to help.
- Place the filo roll onto a greased baking tray, brush with any remaining melted butter and cook for 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned and the filling is hot.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, create a slurry by combining 1/4 cup of the apple juice with the cornstarch. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the apples with the remaining 1 cup apple juice, raisins, sugar and cinnamon until the apples are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir the cornstarch slurry (it may have settled) and add it to the apple mixture, stirring constantly until smooth and lump free. Simmer for 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and cool. Stir in the pecans, cover and chill.
- Lay out 1 phyllo sheet on a clean, flat, lightly floured surface. Brush with some melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs. Repeat this procedure with two more layers of phyllo, butter and breadcrumbs. Top with the fourth sheet of phyllo. Spread the apple filling evenly onto the phyllo surface, leaving a 1/2-inch clean edge on all sides. Roll into a log, folding the edges at each end beneath the log and brush with some melted butter. Carefully place the strudel on the prepared baking sheet, seam-side down. Bake the strudel until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes before cutting into 2-inch slices. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar just before serving. Serve plain or with ice cream.
EASIEST APPLE STRUDEL
This recipe came out of the puff pastry box and couldn't be easier. It makes a nice dessert and could probably be done with any pie filling. Prep time includes thaw time.
Provided by Ducky
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Thaw pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix egg and water and set aside.
- Roll pastry into 16x12-inch (approx) rectangle.
- Starting at the short side, spoon filling over half the pastry to within 1 inch of edges.
- Starting with the short side, roll up pastry like a jelly roll.
- Place seam-side down on a baking sheet, tucking in ends to seal.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Cut several 2 inch slits, 2-3 inches apart, on the top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on baking sheet.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.4, Fat 16.5, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 35.2, Sodium 157.5, Carbohydrate 44.7, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 14.2, Protein 4.1
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl; set aside 3 tablespoons mixture. Peel and core apples; cut into quarters, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Toss with lemon juice; stir into sugar mixture with apricots and breadcrumbs.
- Brush 1 sheet phyllo with butter, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon reserved sugar mixture. Top with remaining 5 sheets phyllo, layering with butter and sugar mixture. Scatter filling on phyllo, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Starting with a long end, roll up to enclose filling; place strudel, seam side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush top with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into slices; serve warm with whipped cream.
MINI VANILLA APPLE STRUDELS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: apples, lemon juice, sugar, almond, puff pastry dough, cream, water, egg, cook and serve vanilla pudding, whole milk, powdered sugar
Provided by Eva Merz
Yield 12 strudels
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Peel and dice apples and put them in a large bowl. Set apple peel aside for decoration, if desired.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, and almonds, and mix.
- Roll out half of the puff pastry until thin, and cut into three even, long slices. Coat the slices with cream.
- Spread half the apple mixture on all three slices, covering three quarters and leaving about an inch (2 ½ cm) empty at the sides.
- Brush all the edges except the bottom one with water.
- Roll the dough over the apple mixture from bottom to top, until you have even rolls. Pinch the sides of the rolls to seal them with dough.
- Cut rolls in the middle and transfer with the closed side down into a greased muffin pan. Repeat with second half of puff pastry and apple mixture until you have 12 strudels.
- Mix vanilla powder with half of the milk described in package, usually 1 ½ cups (355 ml).
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons into each strudel.
- Spread egg wash over strudels.
- Bake at 400˚F(200˚C) for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Take strudels out of the pan and dust with powdered sugar. The leftover apple peel can be rolled into "roses" for decoration.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381 calories, Carbohydrate 40 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 17 grams
More about "easy apple strudel recipes"
7 APPLE STRUDEL RECIPES THAT ARE IRRESISTIBLY FLAKY
AUTHENTIC GERMAN APPLE STRUDEL (APFELSTRUDEL) - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
CLASSIC APPLE STRUDEL [HOMEMADE] - RECIPES FROM EUROPE
THE EASIEST APPLE STRUDEL – CATHERINE'S PLATES
EASY APPLE STRUDEL WITH CANNED FRUIT AND PUFF PASTRY
OMA'S APFELSTRUDEL ~ GERMAN APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE
EASY APPLE STRUDEL - PEPPERIDGE FARM
BEST APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE — HOW TO MAKE APPLE STRUDEL - DELISH
EASY APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE APPLE STRUDEL
EASY APPLE STRUDEL WITH FLAKY PHYLLO CRUST - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
CLASSIC VIENNESE APPLE STRUDEL – THE SECRETS TO EASY, CRISPY …
DELICIOUS AND EASY APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE - COOKIES AND CUPS
EASY APPLE STRUDEL MADE JUST LIKE OMA
APPLE STRUDEL - ONCE UPON A CHEF
EASY APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE WITH FILO PASTRY - VEENA AZMANOV
EASY APPLE STRUDEL PUFF PASTRY - GATHER FOR BREAD
APPLE STRUDEL RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
MINI APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE - CAKEWHIZ
EASIER APPLE STRUDEL | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
EASY CZECH APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE - COOK LIKE CZECHS
EASY APPLE STRUDEL - EASY MEALS WITH VIDEO RECIPES BY CHEF JOEL …
APPLE STRUDEL #SHORTS #STRUDEL #APPLE - YOUTUBE
EASY APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE • RED CURRANT BAKERY
APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE • A WEEKEND COOK®
ITALIAN APPLE STRUDEL—AN EASY DESSERT TO MAKE - STEFANIA'S …
EASY APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
EASY APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE - A MOM'S TAKE
EASY APPLE CREAM CHEESE STRUDEL - EASY PASTRY RECIPE - SAVORY …
EASY APPLE STRUDEL - MOM ON TIMEOUT
EASY APPLE STRUDEL | CRAZY FOR CRUST
EASY APPLE STRUDEL - ANNIE'S NOMS
THE EASIEST APPLE STRUDEL | KITCHN
EASY APPLE STRUDEL - PROPORTIONAL PLATE
EASY APPLE STRUDEL - STRESS BAKING
PUFF PASTRY APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE: QUICK AND EASY - BEYOND KIMCHEE
EASY APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SIMPLE APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE - TASTING TABLE
APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
EASY 30-MINUTE APPLE STRUDEL - REAL FOOD BY DAD
You'll also love