SUMMER CORN CHOWDER
- Melt butter in a small stockpot over medium-low heat. Add onion, thyme bundle, and corn, and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft but not browned, about 20 minutes.
- Add stock and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and discard thyme. Puree one third of the mixture until smooth, using an immersion blender (use caution when blending hot liquids). Return to pot and stir in half and half. Cook until chowder is hot. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives and hot sauce, if desired; serve immediately.
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER
This Summer Corn Chowder is creamy, comforting and full of flavor. Made with bacon, garlic and cheese it's pretty hard to resist and can be enjoyed all summer long! Serve in big bowls with a side of crusty bread.
Provided by Jaclyn
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until onion has softened and just starting to brown around edges, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add in the flour and garlic and cook 1 1/2 minutes. While whisking, slowly pour in 5 cups water or broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, then stir in corn kernels and potatoes. Add in thyme and bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a light boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leave then transfer 2 1/2 cups of the chowder to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir the mixture back into the pot then stir in half and half and honey. Sprinkle each serving with chives and optional cheddar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364 kcal, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 10 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Sodium 225 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 11 g, ServingSize 1 serving
FRESH SUMMER CORN CHOWDER
- Remove corn kernels from cobs and place in a bowl. Scrape 'milk' from cobs into bowl with the kernels. Reserve 1 cob.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, scallions, and garlic; cook until soft but not brown, about 3 minutes. Add corn kernels, corn milk, potatoes, and jalapeno. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Add milk, broth, and reserved cob. Simmer until potatoes are completely soft and soup is slightly thick, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and discard cob.
- Season chowder with cilantro and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334 calories, Carbohydrate 40 g, Cholesterol 45.6 mg, Fat 18 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 8.4 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 175.8 mg, Sugar 9.7 g
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER
- In a large bowl, remove corn kernels from cob using a small knife. Set aside. In heavy pot saute onion in olive oil. Add garlic and red pepper. Stir. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook until vegetables are soft. Add corn and chicken stock. Add potatoes. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. Remove 2-3 ladles of soup to a blender and puree. Pour puree back in soup and stir. Serve hot with a dash of Tabasco.
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER
- Heat olive oil and butter in a Dutch oven over low heat. Add onion; cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle flour over onion; cook and stir until onion is coated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir vegetable broth and potatoes into the onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook partially covered until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add corn, red pepper, green pepper, half-and-half, ground black pepper, and salt. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until corn is softened, about 8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441.1 calories, Carbohydrate 65.3 g, Cholesterol 30.1 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 10.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 571.9 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER
- 1. Place the oil and butter in a pot over low heat. Add the diced onion and wilt for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the onion; cook, stirring, for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, partially covered, for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add the corn, red and green bell peppers, salt, pepper, and half-and-half; cook over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Ladle 2 cups of soup into each bowl. Before serving, place 1 tablespoon of diced tomatoes in the center of each and top generously with slivered basil. Serve immediately.
EASY SUMMER CORN CHOWDER
- Place bacon in small stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is deep golden brown and all the fat has been rendered, about 4 minutes. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel, and set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Add onions, celery, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste to stockpot; cook over medium-low heat until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, and chile; cook until potatoes are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and discard thyme. Add half-and-half, and simmer until soup is hot. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and garnish with the reserved crisp bacon pieces.
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON
- Sauté bacon in large pot over medium-high heat until crisp and brown. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Add corn, fennel, zucchini, and potatoes to drippings in pot; sauté 5 minutes. Add 3 cups broth and simmer uncovered over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer 3 cups soup to blender. Holding blender top firmly, puree until smooth. Return puree to soup in pot. Stir in cream and cayenne. Bring chowder to simmer, thinning with more broth if too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle chowder into bowls and sprinkle with bacon and chives.
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER WITH SCALLIONS BACON & POTATOES
The true taste of your summer favorites shine through in this wonderful chowder! Only two tablespoons of cream in this, pureeing one cup of the vegetables gives this chowder its creamy consistency. Be sure to use your fresh summer corn for a real treat! I ran across this wonderful recipe in the August Issue of Fine Cooking Magazine.
Provided by Bev I Am
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut corn off the cobs, save two cobs.
- When slicing scallions, be sure to keep the dark green part separated from the white and light green, you will use all the onion.
- Cook bacon in a 3-4 quart saucepan over medium heat until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour off and discard all but about 1 TBS of the bacon fat.
- Return the pan to medium heat and add the butter.
- When butter is melted, add the white and light green scallions and the jalapeño, salt, and a few grinds of the black pepper.
- Cook stirring until the scallions are very soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, corn, corn cobs, potatoes, and thyme and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
- Discard the corn cobs.
- Transfer 1 cup of the broth and vegetables to a blender and puree. Return the puree to the pot and stir in the cream and all but 1/3 cup of the scallions and blend the flavors.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and served sprinkled with bacon and reserved scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.7, Fat 7.4, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 14.7, Sodium 482.7, Carbohydrate 23.8, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 3.7, Protein 6.9
More about "summer corn chowder recipes"
CHICKEN AND CORN SUMMER CHOWDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - BLOG.KSVADL.COM
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER - A FLEXITARIAN RECIPE - THE MOTHER ...
CHEF, LAUREN MOZER, SHARES TWO RECIPES FOR CORN CHOWDER ...
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
CORN CHOWDER RECIPE (WITH FRESH CORN) | KITCHN
CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
COPYCAT PANERA BREAD SUMMER CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SIMPLE SUMMER CORN CHOWDER - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
HEALTHY SUMMER CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | DAIRY FREE, GF
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER (PANERA COPYCAT) RECIPE - RECIPES.NET ...
22 SUMMER CORN RECIPES - FOOD.COM
MOST DELICIOUS SUMMER CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | LAURA IN THE ...
SUMMER ZUCCHINI CORN CHOWDER - LITTLE BROKEN
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
INDIAN SUMMER CORN CHOWDER - BIGOVEN
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER | OCEAN'S
SUMMER CORN AND CHICKEN CHOWDER RECIPE | LAURA IN THE ...
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER - MARTHASTEWARTWINE.COM
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER - CORN CHOWDER RECIPES
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - THE HUNGRY BLUEBIRD
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER (DAIRY-FREE + 10 INGREDIENTS!) - FROM ...
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER (PANERA COPYCAT) RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SUMMER ZUCCHINI CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | HEARTH AND VINE
CORN CHOWDER RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | RECIPELAND
RECIPE: SUMMER CORN CHOWDER | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER - HAMAMA
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER - SUGAR SPUN RUN
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON-STYLE SALMON | THRIFTY ...
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER WITH BASIL AND WHITE FISH | FEASTING ...
RECIPE FOR SUMMER CORN CHOWDER | ALMANAC.COM
25+ VEGGIE-PACKED SUMMER DINNER RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SUMMER CORN AND ZUCCHINI CHOWDER - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
SIMPLE SUMMER CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - SIMPLY PLANT BASED KITCHEN
SUMMER SQUASH AND CORN CHOWDER - COOKING CLASSY
SUMMER CORN AND ZUCCHINI CHOWDER - SIMPLY SCRATCH
SUMMERY CHIPOTLE CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make corn chowder?Four cups of corn stock and five ears of corn go into this satisfying, rich corn chowder. Melt butter in a small stockpot over medium-low heat. Add onion, thyme bundle, and corn, and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft but not browned, about 20 minutes. Add stock and potatoes and bring to a boil.
Is corn chowder good in the summer?This summer Corn Chowder is creamy, comforting and full of flavor! Made with an abundance of fresh sweet corn, tender potatoes, flavorful hearty bacon, and finished with chives and cheese. Truly this soup is too hard to resist and can be enjoyed all summer long!
What does corn chowder taste like?This summer Corn Chowder is creamy, comforting and full of flavor! Made with an abundance of fresh sweet corn, tender potatoes, flavorful hearty bacon, and finished with chives and cheese.
How to cook corn and potatoes in a crock pot?Directions. Stir vegetable broth and potatoes into the onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook partially covered until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add corn, red pepper, green pepper, half-and-half, ground black pepper, and salt. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until corn is softened, about 8 minutes.