CHEF JOHN'S PITA BREAD
Unlike lots of other baked products which are better from a bakery, this is so far superior to the stuff you get at the grocery store, it's not even close. And in addition to being delicious to eat, it's also extremely easy to make!
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place yeast into the work bowl of a stand mixer and add 1 cup warm water and 1 cup flour. Whisk together and let stand 15 to 20 minutes for mixture to rise and make a loose sponge. Mixture will bubble and foam.
- Pour 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and salt into sponge; add 1 3/4 cup flour. Mix at low speed, using a dough hook attachment, until dough is soft, supple, and slightly sticky. If dough sticks to the sides of the bowl, add up to 1/4 cup more flour, a little at a time.
- Knead dough with machine on low speed until slightly springy and still soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and form into a ball.
- Wipe inside of bowl with 1/4 teaspoon olive oil. Turn dough around in bowl to cover with a thin film of oil; cover bowl with foil and let sit until dough has doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Remove dough from bowl and place onto a floured work surface. Lightly pat into a flat shape about 1 inch thick. Use a knife to cut dough into 8 pieces.
- Form each piece into a small round ball with a smooth top, pulling dough from the sides and tucking the ends underneath the bottom.
- Cover dough balls with lightly oiled plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour on a work surface and top of a dough ball; gently pat dough ball flat with your fingers, forming a flat, round bread about 1/4 inch thick. Let dough round rest for 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
- Brush a cast-iron skillet with remaining 3/4 teaspoon olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Lay pita bread into hot skillet and cook until bread begins to puff up and bottom has brown spots and blisters, about 3 minutes. Flip, cook 2 more minutes, and flip back onto original side to cook for about 30 more seconds. Pita bread will begin to puff up and fill with hot air. Stack cooked breads on a plate; when cool enough to handle, break breads in half and open the pocket inside for stuffing.
EASY PITA BREAD
Think this came from a MasterCook export. I have never tried making them but this recipe seems easy enough. Prep time includes rising time. Have fun!
Provided by Bitsie
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 16-32 rounds
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In mixing bowl, combine water and sugar; sprinkle yeast and let stand for 10 minutes or until dissolved and creamy.
- Using electric mixer, beat in 2 c.of the flour, oil and salt; beat for about 3 minutes or until smooth, scraping down side of bowl from time to time.
- With wooden spoon, beat in enough of the remaining flour to make stiff dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in lightly greased bowl, turning to grease all over.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Divide dough into 16 or 32 pieces.
- On lightly floured surface, roll each piece into 7" or 4" rounds.
- Cover and let rise for 15 minutes or until slightly risen.
- Meanwhile, heat ungreased baking sheet on lowest rack in 500 degree oven (240 C).
- Using floured metal spatula, quickly transfer 2 or 3 pita rounds to heated baking sheet; bake for 3 or 4 minutes or until puffed and light golden around edges.
- Repeat with remaining pita rounds.
- Let cool between damp tea towels.
- Pitas will collapse and soften slightly, but pocket will remain.
- (Alternatively, if crisp pitas are desired, let cool on racks) Pitas can be stored in plastic bags in freezer for up to 1 month.
- Makes 16 7" pitas or 32 4" pitas.
EASY AS PITA BREAD
this recipe is real easy. My mother in law came to visit once from jordan and ever since my husband refuses to eat toast. but hey! i usually do the dough at night and bake it in the morning. but you dont need to leave it so much. just make sure the oven is real hot and dont open it too much.
Provided by tabbakh
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 8 breads, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- add the first five ingredients together and leave them for at least ten minutes covered.
- mix with the flour. i usually use standard grade white flour and if i need more when im mixing up the dough i use wheatmeal flour.
- mix up the dough until you get it to bounce back slightly when you press it. it shouldnt be sticky.
- cover it with flour, leave it to rise covered for at least thirty minutes.
- divide up the risen dough into eight pieces and roll each one out.
- make each protion 15/18 cm in diameter.
- leave to stand for 10 minutes before baking.
- dont open the oven too much.
- take out the bread as soon as it has finished rising.
- you can freeze it after it has cooled down and reheat it for use later.
- note, its ok for the bread to go flat again after you take it out of the oven.
More about "easy as pita bread recipes"
THE EASIEST HOMEMADE PITA BREAD RECIPE! - MY GREEK DISH
2014-10-11 · To prepare this pitta bread recipe add in a mixer’s bowl the yeast, sugar and water and blend to dissolve the yeast. Set aside for 5-10 minutes until yeast froths. Add the …
- To prepare this pitta bread recipe add in a mixer’s bowl the yeast, sugar and water and blend to dissolve the yeast. Set aside for 5-10 minutes until yeast froths.
- Add the flour and salt and mix using the dough hook for 6-8 minutes. Alternatively you could mix the ingredients by hand.
- Depending on the flour used, the dough may need a little bit less or more flour than this pita bread recipe calls for. After mixing for a while the dough for your pita bread should become an elastic ball and a bit sticky.
- When done, coat the dough with olive oil, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel. Let it sit in a warm place, for at least 20 minutes or until it doubles its size. (It could take up to two hours). This is an important step for this pita bread recipe, so that the pita bread becomes fluffy and soft. If it is winter, turn the oven on for a few minutes, until it’s a little warm, switch it off and then let the dough rise in it.
EASY PITA BREAD RECIPE (HOW TO MAKE PITA BREAD)| THE ...
2020-03-29 · To bake pita in the oven: Heat the oven to 475 degrees F and place a heavy-duty baking pan or large cast iron skillet on the middle rack to heat. Working in batches, place the rolled-out pitas directly on the hot baking baking …
- In a large mixing bowl add 1 cup lukewarm water and stir in yeast and sugar until dissolved. Add 1/2 cup flour and whisk together. Place the mixing bowl in a warm place, uncovered to form a lose sponge. Give it 15 minutes or so, the mixture should bubble.
- Now add salt, olive oil and almost all the remaining flour (keep about 1/2 cup of the flour for dusting later). Stir until mixture forms a shaggy mass (at this point, the dough has little to no gluten development and just looks like a sticky mess and you can easily pull bits off). Dust with a little flour, then knead the mixture inside the bowl for about a minute to incorporate any stray bits.
- Dust a clean working surface with just a little bit of flour. Knead lightly for a couple minutes or so until smooth. Cover and let the dough rest for 10 minutes, then knead again for a couple more minutes. The dough should be a little bit moist, you can help it with a little dusting of flour, but be careful not to add too much flour.
- Clean the mixing bowl and coat it lightly with extra virgin olive oil and put the dough back in the bowl. Turn the dough a couple times in the bowl to coat with the olive oil. Cover the mixing bowl tightly with plastic wrap then lay a kitchen towel over. Put the bowl in a warm place. Leave it alone for 1 hour or until the dough rises to double its size.
BEST PITA BREAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY HOMEMADE PITA BREAD
2021-06-11 · Directions In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar and stir until dissolved. Stir in ½ cup flour and let sit for 15 minutes, until mixture foams. Add oil, salt, and …
- Dust a clean surface with some of reserved flour and knead until smooth and elastic, about 7 minutes, adding more of the reserved flour if the dough is too sticky.
HOMEMADE PITA BREAD | MADE FROM SCRATCH | HILDA'S KITCHEN BLOG
2018-01-04 · How to Make the Best Pita Bread Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in honey and set aside for five minutes, or until the water is frothy. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the yeast and water mixture, along with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until mixed. Knead by hand, or use a mixer with a dough hook attachment. Mix until the dough is elastic and smooth, approximately five minutes.
- Add dough to a bowl, coated with the remaining oil. Roll the dough to coat evenly with the oil. Cover with a towel and allow to rest in a warm spot for two hours.
QUICK AND EASY HOMEMADE PITA BREAD RECIPE
Oil a large bowl and place the dough in the bowl. Turn to coat the entire surface with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and put the dough in a warm, draft-free place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size. Shape and Cook the Pita
PITA BREAD THE EASY WAY | SWATI'S KITCHEN
2014-10-02 · Step 5. I used an electric pizza pan to bake the Pita Bread, but you can use an oven, or cook it on the stove top. Wait for the dots to appear on both sides, and the bread to puff up. Since a very high temperature is used to cook Pita, it takes about 1.5 to 2 minutes for each bread …
10 BEST PITA BREAD DINNER RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-08-21 · Chicken Pita Bread Sandwich Munchkin Time salt, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, pita bread, olive oil, pepper and 5 more Healthy Pita Bread Pizza Tone and Tighten Alfredo sauce, olive oil, fresh Parmesan cheese, fresh mushrooms and 4 more
See details »
EASY HOMEMADE PITA BREAD (OVEN OR STOVE!) - I HEART NAPTIME
2019-06-03 · Instructions Combine the warm water, active dry yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup flour and let sit for 10 minutes, or until it has puffed up. Mix in the olive oil and salt.
- Combine the warm water, active dry yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup flour and let sit for 10 minutes, or until it has puffed up.
- Mix in the olive oil and salt. Then stir in the remaining flour. Once it becomes to hard to stir, start to knead with your hands. You may also use an electric mixer with a dough hook. Knead for 3-5 minutes. Form the dough into a ball and lightly cover with oil. Place in a bowl and cover with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap. Allow to rise for 1 hour in a warm place, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and divide the dough into eight pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and then cover with a damp paper towel for 10-15 minutes.
HOMEMADE WHOLE WHEAT PITA BREAD - AS EASY AS APPLE PIE
2015-07-09 · Preheat the oven to 230 degrees C (450 degrees F) and place a baking stone or a baking sheet on the middle rack. When the oven is ready, transfer 3 pitas at a time (or more if your oven is big) onto the baking surface and bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the pitas …
EASY PITA BREAD - AN AUTHENTIC MIDDLE EASTERN RECIPE ...
2021-05-25 · While the dough is rising, heat your oven to 245°C (225°C fan or 475°F). Heat your tray a little, then place your pita on it and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they puff up and their top is slightly golden. This …
- Put the yeast, 1tsp of the sugar and 50ml (approx. ¼ cup) of the lukewarm water in a small bowl and mix until the yeast and sugar dissolve. Set aside for about 5 minutes until the mixture starts to bubble up.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the salt and the remaining sugar. Add the oil, yeast and half of your remaining lukewarm water, and mix. It will start to form a shaggy mess at first, but keep mixing. Slowly add more water until the dough comes together as a ball. You need it to be smooth and elastic, and for the dough not to stick to your fingers when pinched. (Do not add all your water in at once. Keep mixing and adding some water until the dough starts to get the shape. It depends on your flour, so you might need less or more water than in the recipe.)
- Transfer the dough to lightly floured surface, and cut into 7 pieces, each piece about 95g. Shape them into round balls, cover them in a clean slightly damp towel, and leave them to rest about 7 to 10 minutes.
EASY RECIPE FOR PITA BREAD | PITA BREAD - GINGER SKILLET
2020-08-20 · Heat a cast-iron skillet until nicely hot, place each rolled out pita disc and cook on one side for a few minutes. Flip and cook for a few more minutes and then flip it back again to the original side which you …
- In a clean large mixing bowl, add the sugar, salt, yeast, whole wheat flour and the all-purpose flour. Mix it all thoroughly.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and give it a quick mix. Then pour in the warm water and swiftly mix it through the dry ingredients.
- Once the dough is formed, move it to a board or counter and begin kneading the dough by pushing and pulling it.* Continue kneading for 20 minutes. Take rest in between and ensure you cover the dough with a damp cloth while you do.
LEBANESE PITA BREAD - DELICIOUS AUTHENTIC OVEN BAKED PITA ...
2020-09-11 · This Lebanese pita bread recipe is super tasty and delicious, it is easy, although you must allow time for it to rise. Lebanese pita is a basic Arabic bread recipe. It is used in all sorts of Arabic and Lebanese cooking, from baking it as pita bread…
- Add the sugar and active dry yeast to ½ cup of the warm water and give it a quick stir, let it sit for ten minutes or until the yeast activates
- Either knead with your hands for 10 minutes or until all of it comes together well, or use a KitchenAid mixer with the dough attachment on low for 3-4 minutes. It should be a very elastic dough when it comes together
THE GREEK FOODIE - GREEK PITA BREAD RECIPE
2020-04-21 · Place a cast iron pan over high heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil. Cook each pita bread for 1-2 minutes on each side in the pan, until it puffs up a little and starts browning. (Add a little olive oil to the pan after cooking …
EASY PITA BREAD RECIPE - EVOLVING TABLE
2020-08-10 · This easy homemade pita bread recipe is made with flour, baking powder, oil, egg, and milk! Yup! There’s absolutely no yeast in this recipe which also means there is no waiting time for the dough to rise. No rise time means you are less than 30 minutes away from having a batch of ultra fluffy pita …
EASY PITA BREAD RECIPE - VEENA AZMANOV
2021-02-25 · Easy Stovetop Pita Bread Recipes Cook - Stovetop. Heat a cast-iron skillet or frying pan on medium-high. Each pita will take about 2 minutes cooking 30 secs at a time on each side. 1. Place the pita bread on the skillet let cook 30 secs. 2. Flip once - let cook another 30 secs. 3. Flip again - cook 30 seconds - the pita should now start to puff up. 4. and flip again - the pita …
- Yeast - Combine warm water, yeast, honey, and oil. Stir well and leave to rest/prove for 5 minutes until foamy.Pro-tip- instant yeast does not need to be activated but I like to ensure my yeast is good and working for me. You may choose to add all ingredients directly to the flour.
- Electric mixer - In the bowl of a stand mixer with the hook attachment, combine the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and knead until all the flour is incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Pro tip - do not add flour unless necessary. First, scrape the sides of the bowl and let it all come together. You may need the additional flour for kneading, no more.
- When the dough is double in volume transfer to a well-dusted floured surface. De-gas, reshape into a ball. Then roll into a small log.Pro-tip - at this point there is no need for additional flour. So use a light dusting as needed.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or frying pan on medium-high. Each pita will take about 2 minutes cooking 30 secs at a time on each side.1. Place the pita bread on the skillet let cook 30 secs.2. Flip once - let cook another 30 secs.3. Flip again - cook 30 seconds - the pita should now start to puff up.4. and flip again - the pita should now puff up completely - cook 30 secs or less.
PITA BREAD RECIPE (OVEN OR STOVETOP) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
2021-07-16 · How to Make Pita Dough: In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water, sugar, yeast, and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour. Whisk to combine then set aside for 15 minutes until puffy and foamy on top. Add olive oil, 2 1/2 cups flour and salt and stir together with a wooden spoon until shaggy.
10 BEST PITA BREAD EGG RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH PITA BREAD RECIPES
Steps: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Warm pitas in the preheated oven or in a microwave for 1 minute, or until soft. Spread lightly with tomato sauce, pressing to flatten while spreading. Sprinkle with black olives, pimento peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, blue cheese, basil, oregano and coriander.
See details »
PITA BREAD EASY RECIPE | SHAWARMA BREAD | شوارما بریڈ گھر ...
Assalamu Alaikum! today I am going to share with you Pita Bread (Shawarma Bread ) recipe you can make it at home easily .It's very easy to ma...
See details »
EASY PITA BREAD RECIPE | GREEK POCKETLESS FLATBREAD FOR ...
2021-06-02 · Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Take one of the dough pieces and form it into a ball by rolling it on the surface. Using your fingers form it into a flat round pita bread. Place the pita bread on the heated pan and let it cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
See details »
EASY AS PITA BREAD RECIPES
Lay pita bread into hot skillet and cook until bread begins to puff up and bottom has brown spots and blisters, about 3 minutes. Flip, cook 2 more minutes, and flip back onto original side to cook for about 30 more seconds. Pita bread will begin to puff up and fill with hot air. Stack cooked breads on a plate; when cool enough to handle, break breads in half and open the pocket inside for ...
See details »
PITA BREAD / HOMEMADE PITA BREAD, SIMPLE AND EASY.
2021-08-27 · overview. Labels. Barrister Babu (3) bhagya lakshmi (3) bigboss (9) Choti Sarrdaarni (2) Dance Deewane (2) Hercai (43) Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 11 (8) khawab ki tabeer / Dreams Interpretations (17) khawateen ky masail bayans (5) kumkum bhagya (2) Kundali Bhagya (3) Meet (5) rishtoon ka manjha (5) shakti (3) Strawberry Smell in Hindi (43) super dancer (1) super model (1) Teri Meri Ik Jindri
See details »
RECIPES WITH PITA BREAD | TASTE OF HOME
44 DELICIOUS RECIPES WITH PITA BREAD - TASTE OF HOME
EASY HOMEMADE PITA BREAD RECIPE – 247 TASTY RECIPES
2021-08-30 · How to make Easy Homemade Pita Bread. Step 1: Place the flour, salt, and instant yeast in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the water along with the oil, then whisk using a spatula until it forms a shaggy dough. Briefly knead the dough in the bowl using your hands until the flour is absorbed and you have a sticky ball. This takes about 30 seconds. On top, drizzle a bit of olive oil, turning the ...
See details »
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course cuisine preparation for-1-or-2 healthy libyan breads african moroccan egyptian dietary low-cholesterol low-saturated-fat healthy-2 yeast low-in-something number-of-servings