EASY CARAMEL CAKE
Need to make a celebration cake at short notice? This foolproof, showstopping caramel cake uses storecupboard ingredients and is quick to whip up
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Yield Serves 12-14
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter two 20cm springform tins and line the bases with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and both sugars in a bowl with an electric whisk for a few mins until lighter in colour and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour and beating in between each egg. Add the remaining flour and milk. Divide between the cake tins and bake for 25-30 mins until they're golden, spring back when pressed, and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Cool in the tins for a few mins, then tip out and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the icing, put the butter and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk for a few mins until light and airy. Whisk in the caramel briefly, adding 1 tbsp of boiling water to loosen, if needed. Set aside until the sponges are completely cool before assembling, or the icing will melt.
- Use half the icing to sandwich the cakes together, then spread the remainder over the top, smoothing it out with a knife or the back of a spoon. Leave in a cool place until ready to serve. Drizzle with the 3 tbsp extra sauce (warm briefly in the microwave if it's a little stiff), allowing some to drip down the sides if you like, and scatter over the toffee, chocolate or caramel pieces to serve. Edible glitter, birthday candles or sparklers, optional.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 62 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 49 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9-inch cake pans.
- Cream white sugar, 1 1/2 cups butter, and eggs together in a bowl. Beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add to the sugar mixture alternately with milk. Add vanilla extract. Beat until batter makes ribbons when falling from the whisk or beater. Divide batter among the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool layers on a rack before icing, at least 1 hour.
- Combine brown sugar, 1 cup butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until brown sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Add evaporated milk and continue stirring. Bring to a gentle boil and let bubble for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid sticking. Remove from heat and allow to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract into the butter-milk mixture using an electric mixer until icing caramelizes and thickens to the desired consistency.
- Spread icing onto the cooled cake layers. Stack layers; ice top and sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1019.4 calories, Carbohydrate 154.5 g, Cholesterol 185.8 mg, Fat 42.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 8.6 g, SaturatedFat 26.1 g, Sodium 455.4 mg, Sugar 125.7 g
GOLDEN CARAMEL CAKE
Want to hook up with a recipe that's got homemade taste and can be made with a beginner's skill? Then this is for you! This easy, moist yellow cake is covered with a rich, satin caramel frosting. The flavor goes for miles!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Remove 1/2 cup of batter; cover and refrigerate to use in icing. Pour remaining batter into pans.
- Bake and cool as directed on cake mix box.
- To make icing, in heavy 2-quart saucepan, heat butter over low heat, stirring constantly, until brown; remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, reserved cake batter and evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk, until smooth, bubbly and almost thick; remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly. Fill layers and frost cake with icing. Store loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 290 mg, Sugar 21 g, TransFat 0 g
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease two 9-inch round cake pans with solid vegetable shortening, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Set the pans aside.
- Place the cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minutes. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look well blended. Divide the batter between the prepared pans, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula. Place the pans in the oven side by side.
- Bake the cakes until they are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 27 to 29 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks to cool for 10 minutes. Run a dinner knife around the edge of each layer and invert each onto a rack, then invert them again onto another rack to that the cakes are right side up. Allow them to cool completely, 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Quick Caramel Frosting.
- Place one cake layer, right side up, on a serving platter. Spread the top with the warm frosting. Place the second layer, right side up, on top of the first layer and frost the top and sides of the cake with clean, smooth strokes. Work quickly, as the frosting will set. (If the frosting gets too hard to work with, place the pan back over low heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly, to soften it up.) Once the frosting has set, slice and serve.
- Store this cake, covered in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze, wrapped in foil, for up to 6 months. Thaw the cake overnight on the counter before serving.
- Place the butter and brown sugars in a medium-size heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir and cook until the mixture comes to a boil, about 2 minutes. Add the milk, stir, and bring the mixture back to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat. Add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until the frosting is smooth.
- Use immediately (while still warm) to frost the cake of your choice or the frosting will harden. If it does harden while you are frosting the cake, simply place the pan back over low heat and stir until the frosting softens up.
EASY CARAMEL CAKE - ATK
From America's Test Kitchen - frost with Easy Caramel Frosting - ATK, also posted on this site. Don't make frosting ahead of time, as it must be spread while it's still warm.
Provided by cathyfood
Yield 1 cake, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine dry ingredients and sugar in mixer bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk in large measuring cup; set aside.
- Make batter using Reverse creaming method:.
- Start mixer on low speed. Add butter 1 TB at a time mixing constantly, until butter is incorporated into flour mixture. Should not be any large pieces of butter left. Mixture should appear yellowish and dry.
- Add half of the egg/buttermilk mixture. Beat on low to medium speed until smooth but thick.
- Add remaining egg mixture, beat about 15 seconds until smooth.
- Divide batter between pans & spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 on middle rack, until toothpick in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove and cool completely on racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348, Fat 17.3, SaturatedFat 10.3, Cholesterol 103.1, Sodium 280.4, Carbohydrate 43.7, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 25.7, Protein 5
OH-SO-EASY CARAMEL SAUCE
This is a rich, sweet caramel sauce that can be made at the last minute that is great on bread pudding, gingerbread, apple pie, chopped apples, ice cream, and anything else you want to put it on.
Provided by BARB MAXWELL
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Bring brown sugar, butter, and milk to a gentle boil and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla extract.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.6 calories, Carbohydrate 27.4 g, Cholesterol 31.1 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 92.6 mg, Sugar 27.1 g
More about "easy caramel cake recipes"
EASY CARAMEL CAKE - COOKIES AND CUPS
4.7/5 (3)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth. Turn mixer to low and add in the vanilla and powdered sugar until combined.
CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (1)Category Cakes
QUICK-AND-EASY CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE - TASTE OF THE …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
EASY CARAMEL CAKE - THE FIRST YEAR
SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CAKE - BAKER BY NATURE
CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE BEGINS WITH A CAKE MIX - AN ALLI …
SALTED CARAMEL CAKE - THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE W/ CARAMEL FROSTING- THE FOOD …
EASY CARAMEL APPLE CAKE - THE TOUGH COOKIE
EASY CARAMEL BUNDT CAKE | BAKE OR BREAK
CARAMEL CAKE (SALTED CARAMEL CAKE) - LIV FOR CAKE
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CAKE - CAKEWHIZ
SOUTHERN CARAMEL CAKE - WITH HOMEMADE CARAMEL ICING
CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE FOR QUICK, EASY DESSERTS - SWANS …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CARAMEL CAKE | KITCHN
CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SIMPLE CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE | NEW IDEA MAGAZINE
REAL DEAL CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE | EASY RECIPE FROM GRANDBABY CAKES
CARAMEL MUD CAKE | MELT & MIX - BAKE PLAY SMILE
CLASSIC SOUTHERN CARAMEL CAKE
EASY CARAMEL APPLE CAKE (JUST 3 INGREDIENTS) - WONDERMOM …
CARAMEL CAKE (SEMI-HOMEMADE) - CLEVERLY SIMPLE
CARAMEL CAKE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
EASY SALTED CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE - FRUGAL MOM EH!
CARAMEL CAKE - A CLASSIC SOUTHERN DESSERT - THE SEASONED MOM
THE BEST EGGLESS CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
CARAMEL PECAN CAKE [EASY BAKING RECIPE] - THEEATDOWN
TOP 50 BEST CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE-RECIPES
10 PERFECTLY SWEET CARAMEL CAKE RECIPES [INCLUDING …
EASY CARAMEL MUD CAKE RECIPE - CREATE BAKE MAKE
BEST CARAMEL RECIPES FOR CARAMEL CAKES AND BAKES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
EASY CARAMEL APPLE DUMP CAKE RECIPE • THE FRESH COOKY
CARAMEL CREAM CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE - THE BAKING CHOCOLATESS
REAL DEAL SOUTHERN CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE - GRANDBABY CAKES
DELICIOUSLY EASY CARAMEL LOVER'S CAKE - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
EASY CARAMEL BROWNIE CAKE - THE COUNTRY COOK
EASY CARAMEL APPLE CAKE - THE COUNTRY COOK
27 EASY CARAMEL DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
EASY CARAMEL SHEET CAKE - SOUTHERN BITE
SOUTHERN CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - CONFESSIONS OF A BAKING …
EASY CARAMEL CUPCAKES (SOFT AND MOIST) - SWEETEST MENU
You'll also love