GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY SAUCE
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, and add oil to the pan, swirl to coat.
- Add onion to pan, and saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic to pan and saute 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in cherry cola, and the next 4 ingredients through and including chili powder, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce reduces to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally.
- Set 6 tablespoons of sauce aside.
- Combine sugar, and the next 3 ingredients through and including cumin, and stir well.
- Rub this mixture evenly over both sides of chicken.
- Arrange chicken on a grill rack, coated with cooking spray, and baste with 3 tablespoons of the remaining sauce.
- Grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, and baste with the remaining sauce, and grill chickenfor 5 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.8, Fat 18.5, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 109.7, Sodium 476, Carbohydrate 11.4, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 9.7, Protein 36.3
CHERRY BBQ CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 teaspoons chile powder, smoked paprika, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Season the chicken drumsticks and carefully loosen the skin to season the meat. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Meanwhile, add oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add onion, and garlic, and saute until onion is soft and translucent. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder, and tomato paste and toast for 1 minute. Add orange juice, lemon juice, ketchup, cherries, water, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Puree with a hand blender until smooth. Reserve 1 cup sauce for grilling and hold the rest for serving.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Oil the grill grate with olive oil to keep the chicken from sticking.
- Grill chicken, turning frequently, until cooked through and skin is crisp, about 25 minutes. Brush with reserved barbecue sauce and grill 5 minutes more.
- Serve the chicken with fresh cherries and a side of sauce.
CHICKEN WITH CHERRY SAUCE
This tender moist chicken bakes in a savory sauce that combines cherries with soy sauce, orange juice and ginger. It's sure to be a big hit at your house like it is at mine. -Linda Grubb, Poland, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Set aside 3/4 cup cherries. In a blender, combine orange juice and remaining cherries; cover and process until smooth. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, garlic and ginger; set aside., In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken on all sides in butter. Place chicken skin side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cherry sauce. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; turn chicken. Top with reserved cherries. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453 calories, Fat 21g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 103mg cholesterol, Sodium 1364mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
MY FAVORITE GRILLED CHICKEN EVER
Kelli Bhattacharjee gave me this recipe, which was a winner one year at Versailles Poultry Days. I made a few changes to it and this is hands down my favorite grilled chicken ever! I have literally been making it at least once a week since I've had the recipe. Try it. You won't be disappointed! This is absolutely delicious and makes a very moist and flavorful finished product.
Provided by stylingmom
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine vinegar, water, butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, pepper, sugar, and minced garlic in a pot. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let marinade cool to room temperature, at least 30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a resealable zip-top bag. Pour marinade over chicken, seal, and marinate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Transfer chicken pieces to the grill, shaking off excess marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center, 30 to 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.3 calories, Carbohydrate 3.6 g, Cholesterol 108.5 mg, Fat 24.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 21.1 g, SaturatedFat 12.2 g, Sodium 2040.4 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
CHICKEN WITH CHERRY WINE SAUCE
My dad's a chef, so I learned to cook at an early age. This saucy chicken was the first dish I made by myself. -Ben Diaz, Azusa, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Bake until a thermometer reads 165°, 12-15 minutes., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine wine and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half, 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; whisk in remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until blended. Stir in cherries; serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480 calories, Fat 25g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 179mg cholesterol, Sodium 418mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 46g protein.
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRIES
I got this off the DIY network website, and I'm storing it here so I can give it a try! I'm sure the cherry glaze would be equally good on baked chicken.
Provided by Kree6528
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small saucepan, combine sherry, chicken stock, cherries, vinegar and honey, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cherries soften, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While glaze is simmering, season chicken with salt and pepper, and grill until done.
- To serve, spoon cherry glaze on plate, place chicken breast in the middle and drizzle with more glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.7, Fat 7.5, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 53.5, Sodium 142, Carbohydrate 9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 7.1, Protein 13.4
GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH PEACH AND CHERRY SALSA
Toss together a lively peach and cherry salsa, and serve on top of grilled chicken thighs. We wait all year for fresh stone fruit, so take advantage of the abundance and dish up a slightly different take on salsa. Grilling chicken thighs seems to be a bit more forgiving than white meat. The marinade for the chicken is tasty, too!
Provided by Bibi
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Add olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, paprika, salt, and pepper to a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Seal and gently squeeze the ingredients together until combined. Add chicken thighs, press out most of the air, and seal.
- Lay the bag flat in the refrigerator so that the chicken thighs are in a single layer. Marinade for at least 4 hours, turning the bag over every 2 hours.
- Prepare the salsa before lighting the grill. Combine peaches, cherries, cilantro, jalapeno, red onion, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Toss gently and refrigerate.
- Clean and preheat a gas grill to medium heat, about 20 minutes.
- Brush grill grates with olive oil. Remove chicken thighs from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Grill chicken in a single layer until no longer pink in the center, 5 to 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.7 calories, Carbohydrate 6.7 g, Cholesterol 42.5 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 12.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 61.3 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
More about "grilled chicken with cherry sauce recipes"
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY BALSAMIC SAUCE - GREENS
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 50 mins
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and salt. Pour over the chicken breasts and marinate for at least 20 minutes, up to overnight.
GRILLED HONEY CHICKEN WITH CHERRY SAUCE - RECIPE GIRL
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 268 per serving
- Combine the first 5 ingredients (through zest) in a medium saucepan; stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low; add the cherries, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pre-heat your grill. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice; stir well. Lightly brush the chicken with half of the honey mixture; grill on a grill rack sprayed with cooking spray for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over; brush with the remaining honey mixture. Grill 3 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is done.
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE - I NEED MEDIC
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 433 per serving
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH SPICY CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (2)Calories 189 per servingServings 4
- Lightly crush cherries in a small saucepan. Add the wine or water and next 6 ingredients (through preserves). Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Grill the chicken, covered, for 4 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through. Serve chicken topped with cherry sauce.
CHERRY SAUCE CHICKEN - SAFEWAY
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY AND ONION SAUCE - WE OLIVE
GRILLED HONEY CHICKEN WITH CHERRY SAUCE | RECIPE | CHERRY SAUCE …
GRILLED CHICKEN CUTLETS, PICKLED SWEET CHERRY PEPPER SAUCE
GRILLED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS WITH BOURBON-CHERRY BBQ SAUCE
GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST WITH BALSAMIC CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE - HOME …
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH SPICY CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH SPICY CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE | HEALTH.COM
BALSAMIC ROASTED CHICKEN WITH EASY CHERRY SAUCE
CHERRY-BALSAMIC SAUCE AND GRILLED CHICKEN
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH SPICY CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY-CHILE SAUCE IS A FABULOUS SUMMER DISH
SUPER EASY GRILLED CHERRY CHICKEN RECIPE - KITCHEN LAUGHTER
GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CHERRY-MOLASSES SAUCE
CHICKEN WITH CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
10 BEST CHERRY GLAZED CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
17 GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES THAT ARE DELICIOUS AND EASY
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH SWEET AND SOUR CHERRY SAUCE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY-CHIPOTLE BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY-CHIPOTLE BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE
GRILLED BALSAMIC CHICKEN WITH CHERRY SAUCE - THE COOKING MOM
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHICKEN WITH CHERRY SAUCE – RANTS RAVES AND RECIPES
CHERRY DR. PEPPER BBQ CHICKEN | NORINE'S NEST
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY BOURBON BBQ SAUCE #SUMMERGRILLING
CHICKEN WITH CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH QUICK CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE - GOYA FOODS
CHICKEN IN BALSAMIC CHERRY SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY CHIPOTLE BBQ GLAZE - VINDULGE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH SPICY CHERRY SAUCE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY BOURBON BBQ SAUCE - ELLIE KRIEGER
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY–BOURBON BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHERRY TOMATO VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #poultry #vegetables #chicken #dietary #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #chicken-breasts #onions #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook chicken and cherries?In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice, onion, orange zest, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced and sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in cherries. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and cook over low heat for 30-35 minutes or...
How do you make cherry sauce with soy sauce?In a blender, combine orange juice and remaining cherries; cover and process until smooth. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, garlic and ginger; set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken on all sides in butter. Place chicken skin side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cherry sauce.
What is the best way to cook chicken on a grill?I just 'mark' the chicken's vulnerable skin side, then cook it all the way through in a closed grill, brushing on the glaze as it cooks. This famous grilled chicken recipe was created by Dr. Robert C. Baker at New York's Cornell University.
How to cook punched chicken on the grill?Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper in a glass baking dish. Place the pounded chicken in the dish with the marinade and coat it thoroughly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes if you’re in a hurry. Heat the grill to medium.