EASY CREAM PUFF CAKE
Serve up something sweet and simple to prepare with our Easy Cream Puff Cake recipe. Our yummy Easy Cream Puff Cake takes only 20 minutes to prep.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Bring butter, water and sugar to boil in medium saucepan, stirring occasionally. Add flour; cook and stir 3 min. or until mixture forms ball. Spoon into large bowl.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating with mixer after each addition until all ingredients are well blended. Spread onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 32 to 37 min. or until golden brown. (Dough will puff up along sides of baking dish). Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese and milk in medium bowl until blended. Add pudding mixes; beat 2 min. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread pudding mixture over cream puff crust just before serving; top with COOL WHIP.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over dessert.
These versatile and tender pastry puffs are stuffed with a traditional cream filling. We also have many other tempting filler ideas for you.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 2 1/2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to rolling boil. Stir in flour; reduce heat to low. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs, all at once; continue beating until smooth.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool away from draft, about 30 minutes.
- Make one of the fillings (directions below). Cut off top third of each puff and pull out any strands of soft dough. Fill puffs with filling; replace tops. Cover; refrigerate until serving. Store covered in refrigerator. Eggnog Fluff Filling: In large bowl, beat pudding mix, milk, rum extract, nutmeg and ginger with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Add whipping cream; beat on high speed 1 to 2 minutes or until soft peaks form. Fill puffs. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar or brush tops with light corn syrup and sprinkle with colored sugar or nonpareils. Peppermint Whipped Cream Filling: In large bowl, beat ingredients with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fill puffs. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
CLASSIC CREAM PUFFS
The foundation of the perfect cream puff is light, airy pâte à choux, which is made with eggs, flour, and butter. Once the cream puffs are shaped and baked, they're filled with a rich homemade pastry cream.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 28
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, sugar, salt and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil and quickly stir in the flour with a wooden spoon. Continue to stir until a film forms on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and transfer contents to a bowl to cool slightly, about 3 minutes. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously to entirely incorporate egg after each addition.
- For the egg wash, whisk together the remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water. Set aside.
- Transfer the pate a choux to a large pastry bag fitted with a 5/8-inch plain tip. Pipe 1-1/2-inch rounds onto each prepared pan. Gently smooth the pointed peaks with a moistened finger, rounding tops to ensure even rising. Brush tops with reserved egg wash. Bake until puffs rise and are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Puffs can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 day.
- Transfer pastry cream to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/8-inch plain round tip. Insert the tip into the opening of each pastry, and pipe to fill with pastry cream. Serve immediately.
CREAM PUFF SHELLS
Talk about convenience! Just one easy batch of this mouthwatering recipe from our Test Kitchen yields 16 buttery cream puff shells that freeze beautifully for up to 3 months-and that's just about the whole summer! They thaw in minutes and taste as yummy as the day you baked them...we promise!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 cream puff shells.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. , Drop by 2 rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. In a small bowl, whisk the milk and egg yolk; brush over puffs. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs. Freeze for up to 3 months., To use frozen cream puff shells: Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before filling.
- To make the cream puffs: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, salt, and granulated sugar to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. When it boils, immediately take the pan off the heat. Stirring with a wooden spoon, add all the flour at once and stir hard until all the flour is incorporated, 30 to 60 seconds. Return the pan to the heat and cook, stirring, 30 seconds to evaporate some of the moisture.
- Scrape the mixture into a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix at medium speed. With the mixer running, and working 1 egg at a time, add 3 of the eggs, stopping after each addition to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix until the dough is smooth and glossy and the eggs are completely incorporated. The dough should be thick, but should fall slowly and steadily from the beaters when you lift them out of the bowl. If the dough is still clinging to the beaters, add the remaining egg and mix until incorporated.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip, pipe the dough onto the baking sheet, in 2-inch diameter rounds or balls. Whisk the remaining egg with 1 1/2 teaspoons water. Brush the surface of the rounds with the egg wash to knock down the points (you may not use all the egg wash). Bake 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees F and bake until puffed up, and light golden brown, about 20 minutes more. Try not to open the oven door too often during the baking. Let cool on the baking sheet.
- To fill the cream puffs, place a pastry tip on your finger and poke a whole in the bottom of each puff. Whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla until stiff. Pipe whipped cream into each cream puff and chill until ready to serve, no more than 4 hours.
- Notes about the recipe: The moisture in the eggs turns to steam and puffs the batter to try to release itself. You can fill them with anything.
CREAM PUFFS I
- For the custard: In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 5 tablespoons flour and a pinch of salt. Stir in milk, a little at a time, until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 60 seconds, then pour a small amount of hot liquid into the 2 egg yolks, and stir. Then return now heated egg yolks to saucepan and stir, over heat, until mixture starts to bubble again. Remove from heat, add vanilla. Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- For the pastry: In a medium saucepan, combine shortening and water and bring to a boil. Sift together 1 cup flour and a pinch of salt and pour all at once into boiling mixture. Stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat, and add eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously after each addition. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet, or pipe into desired shape.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and bake 25 minutes more, or until golden. Cool completely, split, fill with custard, and replace tops.
- Mix together vanilla instant pudding mix, cream and milk. Cover and refrigerate to set.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
- When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the pudding mixture, or use a pastry bag to pipe the pudding into the shells.
People also searched
More about "easy cream puffs recipes"
EASY CREAM PUFFS WITH A RICH, EASY CREAM FILLING ...
2020-06-12 · Easy Cream Puffs. Jump to Recipe. Crisp golden brown shells filled with rich cream filling and dusted with powdered sugar. A simple cream puffs recipe that is perfect for any occasion! We love light airy desserts around here. Seriously! Everything from eclairs, EASY chocolate mousse, and strawberry mousse, to raspberry chocolate mousse cake… we love them ALL! These simply delicious cream ...
- Once butter is melted, reduce heat to low, add flour, and stir vigorously for 1-2 minutes. This helps remove extra moisture and gives the flour time to cook.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Incorporate completely before adding the next egg. Add 4-5 eggs until the mixture turns into a soft paste that will still hold its shape.
CREAM PUFFS RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
2019-04-26 · How to Make Whipped Cream: In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups heavy cream, 4 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Beat on medium-high speed until …
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups heavy cream, 4 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Beat on medium-high speed until fluffy with stiff peaks (2 min). Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip.
HOMEMADE CREAM PUFFS - SUGAR SPUN RUN
2019-02-20 · Transfer to 400F (200C) oven and bake for 30 minutes or until cream puffs appear dry and light golden brown. Remove from oven and use a sharp knife to pierce …
- Combine cream, milk, ⅓ cup (67g) sugar, vanilla bean, and salt in a medium-sized heavy bottomed saucepan. Place on stovetop over medium heat. Stir frequently until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and line a large baking sheet or two smaller baking sheets² with parchment paper. Set aside.
EASY CREAM PUFFS - FAMILY FRESH MEALS
2020-02-06 · These Easy Cream Puffs taste a lot like the cream puff éclairs you can find in the freezer case at the supermarket – but they’re a lot cheaper and healthier. Plus, it’s easy to customize the recipe to fit your needs. You can make full sized cream puffs…
- Remove saucepan from heat. With wooden spoon vigorously stir in flour all at once until mixture forms a ball and leaves side of saucepan.
- Add eggs to flour mixture, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth and satiny. Cool mixture slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease and flour large cookie sheet or use parchment paper (as shown in picture.) Drop batter by HEAPING tablespoons into 10 mounds for large puffs. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Turn off oven and leave in oven 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
SIMPLE AND EASY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE - FLAVORITE
2020-08-03 · Cream Puffs: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt stick of butter and water to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and stir vigorously over low heat until mixture leaves the …
- Stir in flour and stir vigorously over low heat until mixture leaves the pan (comes off the sides) and is in a ball (about 1 minute)
EASY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
2020-05-19 · For the filling, whisk together the vanilla pudding mix with the vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream until blended. Refrigerate filling until puffs are completely cooled or for one hour. To assemble, slice each cream puff …
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter and water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. When it begins to boil, remove from heat and whisk in the flour and salt.
- Pour flour mixture into a mixing bowl and add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla extract at the end.
CREAM PUFFS - HOW TO MAKE CREAM PUFFS FROM SCRATCH
2018-05-22 · These Cream Puffs are made from scratch, and taste so delicious freshly baked out of the oven. Little bites of choux pastry are filled with an easy vanilla pastry cream and topped with chocolate! Cream Puffs are surprisingly easy …
- Dump the flour and salt in all at once and stir, on the heat, for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth and the dough falls away from the sides of the pan.
EASY HOMEMADE CREAM PUFFS | YOU'RE GONNA BAKE IT AFTER ALL
2020-06-08 · These Easy Homemade Cream Puffs are THE most requested recipe from our family. This is one of my mom’s signature desserts. Pretty much every social group of hers has had them and requests them again, and again, and again. My mom was famous for her Cream Puffs at my dad’s work. She has given out the recipe …
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the pudding mix and 1 cup of milk. Mix for a minute on low, scrape down the bowl, then mix for another minute, then add the 2 cups of chilled whipping cream and beat on medium until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- On the top of a double boiler or in the microwave, melt the chocolate and butter. If using the microwave only heat in 20 to 30 second intervals at 50% power to avoid overheating chocolate.
- Either dust cream puffs with powdered sugar or top with chocolate frosting. We usually do some of each.
SIMPLE AND EASY CREAM PUFFS - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE SUBURBS
2012-06-11 · dessert / In The Kitchen / recipe Simple and Easy Cream Puffs. Jump to Recipe · Print Recipe. 43.7K shares. Pinterest 42.4K; Facebook; Twitter; Don’t be afraid to make Cream Puffs! These little treats are so easy to make and taste as good, if not better than store bought ones. – – – – – – Mmmmm Cream Puffs…
See details »
EASY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE ON FOOD52
2015-08-19 · Bake 10 minutes; cool completely. Meanwhile, beat milk and dry pudding in a large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Cover …
EASY CREAM PUFFS | MYGREATRECIPES
Heat the butter and ½ cup water in a medium saucepan over low heat until the butter is melted. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Quickly add the flour and beat with a …
HOW TO MAKE CREAM PUFFS - EASY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
Print the recipe here: https://inthekitchenwithmatt.com/easy-cream-puffs-recipeIn this episode of In the Kitchen with Matt, I will show you how to make cream...
See details »
10 BEST CREAM PUFF FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-28 · Profiterole Cake Home Cooking Adventure. profiteroles, vanilla extract, chocolate, semi sweet chocolate and 25 more. Chocolate Covered Cream Puffs. Pretty Bee. cream puffs, sprinkles, chocolate chips.
See details »
BEST CREAM PUFF RECIPE FROM SCRATCH | MISSHOMEMADE.COM
Make the vanilla pudding first (recipe below) - let cool a bit and spoon into a resealable bag. Place in the refrigerator to set; approximately 45 to 60 minutes. PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees. Cut a piece of brown paper grocery bag and lay it flat on top of a baking …
See details »
CREAM PUFFS - EASY DESSERT RECIPES
2021-04-15 · While the puffs are cooling, whisk the heavy cream on high until it thickens and looks like shaving cream. Fold in the powdered sugar and mix gently. Once the puffs have cooled, cut each cream puff in half and pipe or spoon cream …
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and water, keep on medium heat and stir until it begins to boil. Once it starts a slow boil, add in the flour, and continue to mix with a spatula or wooden spoon, until the mixture begins to pull from the sides of the saucepan. Remove from the stove top.
- Add in the eggs, stirring constantly with a fork, until they are well combined into the batter. (The batter will seem “mushy” at first. But as you stir, it will thicken up and become a more solid dough.)
- Spoon or pipe the mixture onto a lightly sprayed baking sheet, or over parchment paper. Puffs should be about 1 inch in size.
EASY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE : 9 STEPS (WITH PICTURES ...
- Ingredients/Tools. Print this recipe here if you like. Ingredients: 1/2 cup of water (120ml) 1/4 cup of unsalted butter (55g) 1/4 tsp. of salt (1.5g)
- Add, Stir, Boil. First let's preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. (204 C). Now let's turn on the stove top to medium heat, then add our water, butter, and salt to a pot.
- Add and Stir. Now we add the flour all at once and stir until a dough forms, it won't take very long.
- Stir, Touch, Crack, Stir, Crack, Stir. Next we add the dough to a large bowl and keep stirring until the dough is only a little warm to the touch, we don't want the dough to be hot, otherwise it will cook the eggs.
- Stuff the Pastry Bag. Now we fill up our pastry bag or plastic bag with our choux pastry dough and use a round tip. A glass really helps with this process.
- Squeeze and Bake. Next squeeze out the dough in a circular motion, creating a little mound of dough. Once you are done, you will have around 12 of them, depending on the size.
- Whip That Cream. Now time to make our sweetened whipped cream, or you could make a custard if you like. For the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream to a bowl, add the sugar, and the vanilla extract, then mix it with a hand or stand mixer until peaks form.
- Cut, Fill, Toppings. Now we finish them off buy cutting them in half with a knife, then add some whipped cream with a spoon or pipe it in, then put the top on.
- Video Tutorial. Print this recipe here if you like. Now watch those steps in action and check out the video tutorial! Participated in the. Snacks Contest 2017.
CUSTARD FILLINGS FOR CREAM PUFFS FROM ABSOLUTE BOYFRIEND
Custard Fillings For Cream Puffs From Absolute Boyfriend. EASY CUSTARD CAKE FILLING. Use this delicious filling to fill cupcakes or your favorite layer cake. The microwave makes it fool-proof! Use different extracts to vary the flavor; almond and mint are both really good. Recipe From allrecipes.com. Provided by Melissa. Categories Desserts Fillings Cream Fillings. Time 43m. Yield 8. Number Of ...
See details »
SIMPLE PASTRY CREAM (CRèME PâTISSIèRE) - GEMMA’S BIGGER ...
2021-08-10 · Pastry Cream, also known as Crème Pâtissière (or even Crème Pât), is what fills some of your favorite desserts, like cream puffs, eclairs, and pastry tarts. What Is Crème Pâtissière? Also known as Pastry Cream, Crème Pâtissière (or Crème Pât) is a French thickened custard used to fill desserts. It’s so simple that it doesn’t ...
See details »
OUR BEST RECIPES FOR CREAM PUFFS - TASTE OF HOME
See details »
ROASTED PEACH CREAM PUFFS (CHOUX AU CRAQUELIN) - CLOUDY ...
2021-08-08 · These Roasted Peach Cream Puffs are the perfect easy cream puff recipe. These cream puffs are filled with a simple stable whipped cream recipe and roasted peaches which is a quick and easy cream puff filling. This cream puff recipe is super versatile so …
See details »