EASY PRAWN CURRY
This fragrant, perfumed curry has just the right amount of heat, allowing the delicate flavour of the prawns to still sing out. I love to serve it with a fluffy rice cake for a delicious quick and simple supper.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put 1 mug of rice and 2 mugs of boiling kettle water (600ml) into a medium nonstick pan with a pinch of sea salt. Boil for 10 minutes, then reduce to a low heat for 5 minutes, after which you'll be able to turn it out as a rice cake.
- Meanwhile, peel the garlic and finely slice with the chilli. Peel and matchstick the ginger. Trim the spring onions and slice into 2cm lengths. Put it all into a large non-stick frying pan on a high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and stir-fry for 3 minutes, then stir in the mango chutney. Carefully pour half the mixture into a blender, returning the pan to the heat and adding the prawns to stir-fry. Add ½ a mug of water (150ml) to the blender, blitz until smooth, then pour straight back into the prawn pan. Let it bubble and thicken slightly for 3 minutes, then, off the heat, ripple through the yoghurt. Serve the curry on top of your fluffy rice cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385 calories, Fat 2.7 g fat, SaturatedFat 1.3 g saturated fat, Protein 22.1 g protein, Carbohydrate 72.2 g carbohydrate, Sugar 8.1 g sugar, Sodium 1.4 g salt, Fiber 0.9 g fibre
I created this Indian-style shrimp when we were entertaining some friends, one of our favorite things to do. It works on the stovetop or the grill. -Shana Conradt, Appleton, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink., Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 293mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PRAWN FRIED RICE
Make this easy Asian-inspired dish in just 30 minutes. It's healthy and low in calories but big on flavour, making it perfect for a speedy family supper
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Dinner, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook the rice following pack instructions. Boil a separate pan of water and blanch the peas and mangetout for 1 min, then drain and set aside with the rice.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok over a medium heat and fry the onion for 10 mins or until golden brown. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a further minute. Tip in the blanched vegetables and fry for 5 mins, then the prawns and fry for a further 2 mins. Stir the rice into the pan then push everything to one side. Pour the beaten eggs into the empty side of the pan and stir to scramble them. Fold everything together with the sesame seeds, soy and vinegar, then finish with the spring onions scattered over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 54 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
CURRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP
One-pot cooking helps heighten flavor. In this recipe, rice, carrots, and shrimp simmer in delicious curry seasoning.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and curry and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, 2 1/2 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and nestle them in the partially cooked rice. Cover and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes. Fold in the basil and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354, Fat 5.7, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 214.9, Sodium 991.1, Carbohydrate 46.2, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 3.1, Protein 27.6
EASY CURRY RICE
- Stir the rice, water, and curry powder together in a rice cooker; cook for 1 full cycle or until all the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 282.4 calories, Carbohydrate 61.4 g, Fat 1 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 9.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
CURRY SHRIMP AND RICE
My family and I absolutely love curry shrimp and rice. I created this version so I I can make it in a hurry. Except for the butter and shrimp, all the ingredients are right in my pantry. To add a little heat, we like to stir in a tablespoon of fresh ground chili paste. -Angela Spengler, Niceville, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add broth, potatoes, corn, coconut milk, bamboo shoots, curry powder, chili paste if desired, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until flavors have blended, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally., Add shrimp; heat through. Prepare rice according to package directions; serve with curry. Sprinkle with additional curry powder. If desired, serve with lime wedges and basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354 calories, Fat 13g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 1112mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
EASY CURRIED PRAWNS & RICE
- Boil rice.
- Make up continental white sauce according to packet directions.
- Add curry powder to taste.
- Combine prawns and sauce and heat through.
- Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314.2, Fat 3.9, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 190.2, Sodium 912.5, Carbohydrate 42.8, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 0.8, Protein 24.6
ONE-PAN SPICY PRAWNS AND RICE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: onion, garlic, red chili, red pepper, chorizo, turmeric, salt, pepper, long grain rice, water, pea, prawn
Provided by Ellie Holland
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Fry the onions, garlic, chilli, and red pepper with a little olive oil.
- Add the chorizo after a minute.
- Stir in the turmeric, salt, pepper, and long grain rice.
- Pour in the water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and prawns until prawns are pink and no longer translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Carbohydrate 54 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 22 grams, Sugar 6 grams
More about "easy curried prawns rice recipes"
CREAMY SHRIMP CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CURRIED RICE | RECIPETIN EATS
PRAWN CURRY AND RICE RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
10 BEST GARLIC PRAWNS WITH RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CURRIED PRAWNS | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
EASY SHRIMP OR PRAWNS CURRY IN LESS THAN 20 MINS - VEENA …
SIMPLE PRAWN CURRY - EASY PEASY FOODIE
QUICK AND EASY PRAWN CURRY - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
EASY CURRIED RICE RECIPE - MY ACTIVE KITCHEN
CURRIED PRAWNS WITH RICE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
EASY GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP AND RICE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
EASY CURRIED FISH STEW | FISH RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CURRIED RICE AND PRAWNS OR SHRIMP RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
QUICK PRAWN COCONUT CURRY - HEALTHY RECIPES UK
8 SIMPLE PRAWN RECIPES: DELICIOUS & EASY TO COOK - FOOD CORNER
5 INGREDIENT PRAWNS FRIED RICE - QUICK & EASY FRIED RICE RECIPE ...
EASY PRAWN CURRY RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CURRY PRAWN FRIED RICE | FRIED RICE RECIPES | FUSED BY FIONA UYEMA
CURRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
PRAWN FRIED RICE - KHIN'S KITCHEN - CHINESE RECIPES
PRAWN RICE - ONE POT TURMERIC RICE WITH PRAWNS 20 MIN ... - VEENA …
CURRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
BEST SHRIMP CURRY AND RICE RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
CURRIED PRAWNS WITH RICE RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
HOW TO MAKE EASY BUTTER PRAWNS (CURRIED PRAWNS) ON RICE.
THAI CURRY SHRIMP AND RICE (EASY ONE-POT RECIPE!)
30 MINUTE PRAWN RICE (USING ONLY ALDI INGREDIENTS) - SAVVY BITES
JAMIE OLIVER'S EASY PRAWN CURRY - CTV
CURRIED GARLIC PRAWNS RECIPE | COLES
EASY KERALA STYLE PRAWN FRIED RICE | YUMMY O YUMMY
PRAWN CURRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CURRIED PRAWNS | RECIPE - OZPIG AUSTRALIA
JAMIE OLIVER'S EASY PRAWN CURRY RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
EASY CURRIED PRAWNS BEST RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
EASY PRAWN FRIED RICE RECIPE - YOUR FOOD FANTASY
CURRIED RICE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
RED CURRY RICE WITH PRAWNS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
EASY SHRIMP CURRY | LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
CURRY PRAWNS AND RICE - 14 RECIPES | WOOLWORTHS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a healthy prawn curry?1 Heat a little oil (or use Fry Light for a Slimming World version) in a large pan or wok. ... 2 Add the curry powder, turmeric, garlic, chilli and fresh ginger. 3 Stir in the tomato paste and stock. ... 4 Add the prawns and cook until they just turn pink – a couple of minutes. ... 5 Finally, add the spinach and cook until it wilts. ...
How do you cook frozen prawns and rice?Stir for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in rice and 2 ½ cups water. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Un-cover. Add frozen vegetables. Cook, stirring for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Return prawns with coriander.
How do you cook prawns in a frying pan?Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add prawns in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove. Cover lightly with foil to keep warm. Add 2 teaspoons vegetable oil to same pan over a medium heat. Add paste.
How to cook rice with garlic and Curry?Add the garlic and curry and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add the rice, 2 1/2 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.