AUTHENTIC AND EASY SHRIMP CURRY
This is a home-style South Indian shrimp curry recipe from my husband's family. It is simple and quick to make. It contains no coconut so is not sweet, just mostly juicy and as hot as you like it. Serve with basmati rice or an Indian flatbread.
Provided by Anonymous
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan over nearly high heat. Add the onions; cook and stir until browned. Mix in the curry leaves, then season with the ginger garlic paste, coriander and salt. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and turmeric, then mix in the tomato, chile powder, shrimp and water. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until shrimp are opaque. Taste and adjust salt and chile powder if necessary. Season with garam masala, stir and remove from the heat. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with flat bread or rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267.7 calories, Carbohydrate 4.9 g, Cholesterol 276.6 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 30.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 734 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
EASY CURRIED SHRIMP
This is my mom's recipe - it's very quick to make. I used to make this in college every Friday during Lent. You can make the curry start to finish in the time it takes the rice to cook. The amount of curry and ginger is the starting amount; I use up to twice that much, but adjust it to taste.
Provided by ChrisMc
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter with curry, onion, and ginger and cook until onion begins to soften.
- Add the flour and stir to combine with butter.
- Add the broth, milk, salt, sugar and lemon and stir to combine with flour.
- Bring to a simmer and add the shrimp.
- Simmer until the shrimp is cooked.
- Serve over rice.
CRISPY CURRIED COCONUT SHRIMP
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse the coconut until coarsely ground and transfer to a shallow bowl. Mix coconut with bread crumbs, curry powder, and salt, and set aside. Beat egg whites until slightly foamy. Dip shrimp in egg whites and coat with coconut mixture. Repeat to form a double coating. Place shrimp on rack placed within a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, curry powder, and ginger. Cook, stirring to break up paste, until mixture is smooth and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes to skillet. Cook, stirring, until they begin to release their juices, about 1 minute. Add 1 1/2 cups water; simmer until tomatoes have slightly broken down, 3 to 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and lime juice to skillet; stir to combine. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237 g, Fat 12 g, Protein 21 g
EASY CURRIED SHRIMP
I like to serve this dish with grapes or green veggies for added color. It's also nice with dried coconut or pineapple instead of apricots. -Dona Stone, Clearwater, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the curry, cumin, salt, garlic powder, coriander and cinnamon; cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened., Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in apricots; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 145mg cholesterol, Sodium 316mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
I created this Indian-style shrimp when we were entertaining some friends, one of our favorite things to do. It works on the stovetop or the grill. -Shana Conradt, Appleton, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink., Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 293mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CURRIED SHRIMP WITH COCONUT MILK
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, then add 1 tablespoon butter. When foam subsides, add shrimp and cook until they just turn pink. Remove from pan and reserve. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan. When it melts, add onions and stir; cook 5 minutes until softened. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, curry powder, garlic and ginger over the onions, reduce heat to low, and cook gently 5 minutes until onions are softened and translucent. Add red pepper and chayote and cook 5 minutes. Add about 2/3 of the coconut milk and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes to bring flavors together. Add shrimp back to skillet along with scallions, cilantro leaves and lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning adding more pepper if necessary, adding more coconut milk if desired for a soupier consistency. Serve over rice.
CURRIED SHRIMP WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA
- Mix shrimp with curry powder and salt. In a large nonstick skillet, heat half the oil over medium-high. Cook half the shrimp until opaque, 4 to 6 minutes; remove. Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp. Toss with pineapple salsa; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 35 g
QUICK N' EASY CURRIED SHRIMP
- In a large non-stick fry pan, melt butter, stir in curry powder and cook and stir for 5 minutes to develop flavor of the curry powder.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic; cook and stir until onion is softened.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp have turned pink and are almost cooked.
- Stir in the flour until it has been absorbed.
- Add sour cream and whipping cream, stirring all the time until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Seve immediately over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 436.7, Fat 31.3, SaturatedFat 18.5, Cholesterol 254.1, Sodium 274.3, Carbohydrate 12.9, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 2.4, Protein 26.8
CURRIED BAKED SHRIMP
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer shrimp in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Mix butter, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, curry powder, salt, and paprika together in a bowl. Pour over shrimp.
- Bake in the preheated oven until shrimp are no longer transparent, stirring twice, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139.5 calories, Carbohydrate 3.2 g, Cholesterol 184.3 mg, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 18.6 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 468.6 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
- Put water on to boil for potatoes in covered pot.
- Scrub and halve potatoes but do not peel, and boil them in covered pot, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and saute onion, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne and black pepper in hot oil.
- When onions begin to soften add peas and break up.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and quarter and add to peas and onions along with shrimp and yogurt. Heat shrimp and yogurt through but do not allow to boil or yogurt will separate.
- Chop mint or fresh coriander.
- Serve shrimp mixture with sprinkling of mint or coriander.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 621, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 80 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 14 grams, Protein 37 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 922 milligrams, Sugar 26 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CRISP CURRIED SHRIMP
- In a bowl stir together flour, curry powder, cayenne, and salt to taste. Add shrimp to flour mixture, tossing to coat.
- In a large heavy skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté scallions until well browned and almost tender.
- Add shrimp to scallions and sauté, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque throughout.
- Serve shrimp with lemon.
More about "easy curried shrimp recipes"
EASY THAI SHRIMP CURRY - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CREAMY SHRIMP CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
EASY COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE - YANKEE MAGAZINE - NEW …
CREAMY CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE | RECIPELAND
10 EASY SHRIMP CURRY RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Category Recipe Roundup, Seafood
CURRIED SHRIMP WITH PEANUTS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - BE GREEDY EATS
BEST EASY COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
EASY THAI SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - JAMAICAN CURRY SHRIMP | HANK SHAW
5 INGREDIENT CURRY SHRIMP AND VEGGIES RECIPE - SWEETPHI
THIS EASY JAMAICAN CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE TAKES JUST 35 …
HOMEMADE CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - EASY GOOD IDEAS
EASY CURRIED SHRIMP - CHATELAINE
EASY CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
THE BEST EASY COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - CAFE DELITES
EASY CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE — MY SWEET RECIPES
EASY SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE (10 INGREDIENTS) - SAVORY SPIN
JAMAICAN CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE - JAMAICANS AND JAMAICA
EASY 20-MINUTE COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - LIFE AS A STRAWBERRY
SUPER EASY COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - SERVED FROM SCRATCH
CHINESE CURRY SHRIMP WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE BEST CURRIED SHRIMP ROLLS - SIMPLY STACIE
JAMAICAN CURRY SHRIMP - IMMACULATE BITES
JAMAICAN CURRY SHRIMP - MY FORKING LIFE
EASY SHRIMP CURRY | LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
EASY PRAWN CURRY | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
EASY CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
EASY CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
EASY CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE: 5 INGREDIENT CURRY ... - THE SOUTHERN THING
ROASTED CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE | NOOB COOK RECIPES
EASY ONE PAN COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - THE BUSY BAKER
#curries #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #eggs-dairy #seafood #asian #indian #easy #beginner-cook #shrimp #stove-top #dietary #spicy #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #shellfish #taste-mood #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook shrimp in a curry?Add the curry, cumin, salt, garlic powder, coriander and cinnamon; cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in apricots; heat through.
What is the best way to cook shrimp?—Shana Conradt, Appleton, Wisconsin In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
How to cook shrimp and rice for stir fry?DIRECTIONS 1 Melt butter with curry, onion, and ginger and cook until onion begins to soften. 2 Add the flour and stir to combine with butter. 3 Add the broth, milk, salt, sugar and lemon and stir to combine with flour. 4 Bring to a simmer and add the shrimp. 5 Simmer until the shrimp is cooked. 6 Serve over rice.
What are the ingredients in Shrimp curry?This shrimp curry packs heat along with a delicate sweetness. This recipe boasts an unbelievable blend of spices. Garam masala, ginger, garlic, and cumin combine for a deeply satisfying experience. It'll be easy to impress guests or family when you make this delicious shrimp curry.