10-MINUTE TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP | MARION'S KITCHEN
Not got a lot of time for making dinner? You've got 10 minutes to make this super-speedy soup! Comforting, rich and insanely good, this is one quick fix the whole family will love.
Provided by Bee
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Step 1.Season the tomatoes with salt and allow them to sit for a couple of minutes before using.
- Step 2.Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the tomatoes start to soften. Stir through the garlic. Then add the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer. Then stir the soup to form a vortex in the centre. Pour the egg into the centre of the vortex and stir vigorously to form the lacy egg.
- Step 3.Add the corn flour, soy sauce and pepper. Simmer for another minute to thicken. Add the spring onion and season with salt to taste.
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan and stir-fry the spring onion until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth or stock into the pot or wok and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 1 to 2 minutes before you add the eggs.
- After adding the eggs to the soup, bring it to a boil again and season with sugar and salt.
- Garnish this soup with spring onions or a drizzle of sesame oil for seasoning.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94 kcal, Carbohydrate 4 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 1108 mg, Sugar 3 g, Fat 6 g, ServingSize 3-4 Cups (3-4 Servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP
- In a 4-quart saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until fragrant and soft. Add the tomatoes and salt, cover, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the tomatoes have collapsed into a thick mixture. Stir occasionally and, if necessary, lower the heat to prevent the tomatoes from sticking or scorching.
- Uncover and add the fish sauce and pork. Wield chopsticks or use a spoon to move the pork around the pan so that it breaks up into small pieces. This will make it possible to distribute the pork evenly among the bowls when serving. Add the water, raise the heat to high, and bring to a boil, using a ladle to skim and discard any scum that rises to the surface. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the flavors have developed and concentrated sufficiently to produce a rich broth. If you are not serving the soup right away, turn off the heat and cover.
- Just before serving, return the soup to a simmer. Taste and add extra salt or fish sauce, if necessary. Turn off the heat. Pour the beaten egg onto the soup in a wide circle, and then stir gently to break it up into chiffonlike pieces. Ladle the soup into a serving bowl. Garnish with the cilantro and a generous sprinkle of pepper and serve immediately.
CHINESE TOMATO AND EGG SOUP
You can't find this soup in Chinese restaurants in United States, but it's quite common in South China. It is really easy, and delicious for tomato lovers. Enjoy it.
Provided by EdwardHan
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes; saute until mostly melted, 5 to 10 minutes. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors are well blended, 5 to 10 minutes. Add eggs, stirring slowly and constantly for 1 minute. Add green onion; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in sesame oil, sugar, and salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.9 calories, Carbohydrate 8.5 g, Cholesterol 186 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 164.7 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
TOFU AND TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP
This soup offers the same sweet, tangy and savory flavor profile of the beloved Chinese dish stir-fried tomato and egg. Like the stir-fry, this tomato soup is on the sweet side, with sharpness from the untraditional addition of ketchup. There are several ways to drop an egg: Beating the eggs lightly will result in both white and yellow swirls, while running a chopstick or wooden spoon through the egg as it cooks will produce long, willowy strands. This recipe calls for dropping the egg into the hot soup and leaving it, which will give you chunks. A tip: If you have a liquid measuring cup with a spout, beat the egg in that, as it will give you more control when pouring the egg into the hot liquid. If you want the soup spicy, top with chile oil or chile crisp.
Provided by Hetty McKinnon
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When hot, add neutral oil and heat for 15 seconds. Add the scallion whites and ginger, and sizzle for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and vegetable stock, and stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 to 6 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Add the tofu, ketchup, salt, sugar and sesame oil, and stir to combine. Taste and add more sugar and salt if needed. It should be slightly sweet, savory and a little tart. Increase heat to medium-high.
- When it comes to the boil, very slowly trickle the beaten eggs into the soup, moving in a zigzag or circular motion, distributing it evenly all over the surface of the soup. You can leave the egg to set without stirring, and this will give you larger chunks of egg. If you like longer strands, run a chopstick or wooden spoon slowly through the eggs as they set. The eggs should only take 30 to 60 seconds to cook. Turn off the heat immediately.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with the green parts of the scallion. Eat immediately.
EGG DROP SOUP
We start many stir-fry meals with this easy egg drop soup, which cooks in just a few minutes. There are many recipe variations, but we like the addition of cornstarch to thicken the soup and give it a rich, golden color. I got the recipe from Grandma's old cookbook. -Amy Beth Corlew-Sherlock, Lapeer, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings (3 cups).
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. , Reduce heat. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 39 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 714mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
EGG DROP RAMEN NOODLE SOUP
- Pour chicken stock and water into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove about 1 cup of the boiling liquid and stir in the cornstarch until dissolved. Add back into the pot and season with Thai seasoning and white pepper.
- While the liquid is boiling, start stirring it in one direction quickly. When the liquid is moving in one direction, without you stirring it, pour in the eggs.
- Reduce temperature so liquid is simmering and add ramen noodles (discard flavor packets unless you want extra seasoning. In that case, use as much of the flavor package as you like). Cook until noodles are soft and eggs have cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238.8 calories, Carbohydrate 37.5 g, Cholesterol 112.5 mg, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 1414.1 mg
More about "easy egg drop tomato soup recipes"
CHINESE TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - THE WOKS OF LIFE
4.9/5 (23)Total Time 15 minsCategory Soups And StocksCalories 110 per serving
- Heat the oil in a soup pot or wok over medium low heat. Add the tomato chunks and stir-fry for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are softened and start to fall apart.
- Add in 1 cup chicken stock, 2 cups water, 2 teaspoons light soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, and then lower the heat so that the soup is simmering with the lid on.
- Use a ladle to slowly swirl the soup in a whirlpool motion. Keep swirling as you pour in the cornstarch slurry until well incorporated. Now pour a thin stream of egg into the middle of the whirlpool as you slowly swirl the soup. This is how you get that pretty egg drop effect.
SIMPLE 15-MINUTE CHINESE TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - FOOD …
4.8/5 (20)Total Time 15 minsServings 4
3 TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP RECIPES - HOMEMADE CHINESE SOUPS
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - COOK N' SHARE
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - ALIYAHSRECIPESANDTIPS.COM
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP BY KHIN'S KITCHEN - FOODRHYTHMS
EASY EGG DROP TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY KETO EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
TOMATO TOFU EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - ALIYAH'S RECIPES AND TIPS
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP WITH CANNED TOMATOES | KITCHEN …
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - COOK REPUBLIC
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP (15 MINUTES ONLY!) - TIFFY COOKS
TOMATO EGG SOUP(EGG SOUP RECIPE) - FOOD NEWS
CHINESE-INSPIRED EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE - YOUTUBE
EGG AND TOMATO SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - COOKING IN CHINGLISH
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP — THE PALMIER
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE WITH BACON - SOUPER DIARIES
TOMATO AND EGG DROP SOUP | MISS CHINESE FOOD
EGG DROP SOUP: EASY, AUTHENTIC 15-MINUTE RECIPE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE - LIN'S CHINESE KITCHEN
TOMATO AND EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE BY EMIE - COOKPAD
20-MINUTE TOMATO SOUP - GIMME SOME OVEN
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP (KETO, PALEO, WHOLE30) - I HEART UMAMI®
THIS EGG DROP SOUP IS WAY EASIER THAN IT LOOKS - VIDEO DAILYMOTION
HEALTHY HOMEMADE EGG DROP SOUP WITH TOMATO RECIPE
15 MIN TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP WITH SHRIMP - SIMPLEFRESHNYUM
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - KHIN'S KITCHEN
EGGE DROP SOUP - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - DELIGHTFUL PLATE
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP-THE BEST EVER - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
EGG FLOWER SOUP KETO - BELLA STACKHOUSE
TOMATO EGG SOUP (SOUPER EASY, SOUL FOOD) - 3JAMIGOS
TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP 番茄蛋花湯 • OH SNAP! LET'S EAT!
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook tomato soup with eggs?Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken broth or stock into the pot or wok and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 1 to 2 minutes before you add the eggs. After adding the eggs to the soup, bring it to a boil again and season with sugar and salt.
What is the recipe for egg drop soup?Egg Drop Soup Recipe Instructions. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a medium-sized soup pot. Stir in the sesame oil, salt, sugar, and white pepper. Add in the turmeric or yellow food coloring, if using. Using turmeric or yellow food coloring gives the soup that rich restaurant-style yellow color but this is optional.
How do you make tomato soup with tomatoes?Scallions and cilantro can be added for brightness, and you have a soup that’s the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a soup pot or wok over medium low heat. Add the tomato chunks and stir-fry for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are softened and start to fall apart.
How do you make chicken soup with soy sauce and eggs?Heat chicken broth and green onions in a large pot over medium-high heat. Mix sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and 1/3 cup of cold water in a bowl until smooth. Reduce heat and stir soy sauce mixture in to the broth. Boil soup on high for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium-low. Beat 3 eggs with 2 tablespoons of cold water.