FISH TACOS WITH HONEY LIME CILANTRO SLAW
The BEST fish taco recipe! Perfectly cooked fish with a yummy cabbage slaw & tomatillo ranch. These are easy, fresh, and delicious. Feel free to use any flaky white fish here--cod, halibut, tilapia, mahimahi, etc. They all work! (PS - Don't miss the notes section for lots of tips on adding a little kick, different topping ideas, and more!)
Provided by Emily
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a medium or large bowl, combine green and white cabbage, cilantro, lime juice (start with 1 Tbsp), honey, salt and pepper. Taste and add additional lime juice or honey as desired. Stir to combine well and set aside until ready to serve. The salt and lime juice will help soften and break down the cabbage.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Place fish in a shallow container (or zip-tip bag). Pat dry with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel (this will help your seasoning mix stick). Rub with all of your seasoning blend, coating generously.
- Heat avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Working in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan, cook fillets 3-4 minutes per side or until fish is opaque and cooked through. Repeat with remaining fish. Gently separate cooked fish into small sections for tacos.
- To assemble your tacos, spoon slaw and fish into corn tortillas. Add your favorite extras, such as avocado slices, additional fresh cilantro, etc. Drizzle with tomatillo ranch, citrus avocado sauce, or a dollop of guacamole.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1/4 recipe, Calories 307 calories, Sugar 6.9 g, Sodium 678 mg, Fat 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 33.2 g, Cholesterol 78.2 mg
CILANTRO LIME FISH TACOS
Flaky white fish, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro and lime topped with avocado. A fresh and flavorful way to spice up fish, tacos quick enough to make for a busy weeknight!
Provided by Gina
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until translucent about 4 to 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Mix well.
- Place fish on the skillet and cook until the flesh starts to flake.
- Add jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking up the fish with the spoon to get everything mixed well; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas on a skillet or directly over the flame of the burner a minute or 2 on each side to warm.
- Serve a little over 1/4 cup of fish on each warmed tortilla topped with cabbage, avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 2 tacos, Calories 310 kcal, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 28 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 48 mg, Sodium 90 mg, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 3.5 g
WALKING FISH TACOS WITH CRUNCHY CABBAGE SLAW AND CILANTRO DRESSING
- For the cilantro lime sour cream: Combine the sour cream, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the red cabbage slaw: Combine the lime juice, cabbage, onion, oil, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl and massage for 2 minutes to soften the cabbage and distribute all ingredients evenly.
- For the fish: Mix the cayenne, cumin and paprika with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few turns of pepper in a dish and sprinkle all over the fish. Put the flour in a shallow dish and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon water in another shallow dish, then put the breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the fish all over in the flour and then the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a thin layer (about 1/4 cup) of oil. Fry the fish until golden and crispy, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and chop into strips.
- To serve: Fill paper bags with chips (or open small bags of store-bought ones) and crush them coarsely. Top with a big plop of cilantro-lime sour cream, some fish, a squeeze of lime, slaw, avocado, jalapeños and a pile of fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
EASY FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO-LIME DRESSING
- Combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, honey, garlic, seafood seasoning, cumin, chili powder, and black pepper in a nonreactive bowl or large resealable zip-top bag. Add mahi mahi and marinate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- At the same time, combine yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro for dressing in a bowl. Chill overnight while fish marinates.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove mahi mahi from marinade and place on a grill pan; discard excess marinade. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning as needed, about 5 minutes.
- Serve fish on warmed tortillas with dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435.6 calories, Carbohydrate 36.4 g, Cholesterol 83.8 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 27.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 625.2 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
CATFISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME SLAW AND CHIPOTLE CREAM SAUCE
- Catfish Tacos:
- For the chipotle cream sauce: Put all the ingredients in a blender, except the heavy cream and salt and pepper. Blend well. Remove from the blender to a mixing bowl and slowly whisk in the heavy cream. All the cream may not be needed. The correct consistency, is like a crema. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Add more chipotle in adobo for more spice, if desired. Cover and refrigerate.
- For the slaw: Add the cabbages to a mixing bowl. Toss with the carrot, onion, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice, to taste. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
- For the catfish balls: In a hot skillet, over medium heat, add the butter, onion, jalapeno, and garlic. As it is cooking, add a pinch of salt, cracked pepper, paprika and cumin. Saute until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat enough peanut oil in a deep-fryer or heavy-bottomed pot, to come halfway up the sides of the pot, to 350 degrees F.
- Remove any silver skin from the fillets. Pulse the catfish in the food processor until it is chopped, about 30 seconds. You don't want to puree the fish, just chop it into small chunks. Put the fish in a mixing bowl and add the cilantro, Creole mustard, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise and Jack cheese. Add the cooled onion mixture to the bowl along with another pinch of salt and pepper. Mix gently with a spoon, then gently mix in 1 cup of the panko bread crumbs. The consistency will still be wet, but still formable for the catfish balls. Put the remainder of the bread crumbs into a bowl. Scoop out the catfish mixture using a 2 tablespoon-size scoop and form into a ball shape. Don't make the catfish balls to be too big, they won't cook all the way through.
- Roll the balls in the panko bread crumbs, and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Carefully drop them into the hot oil and fry in batches of 5 or 6 depending on your fryer. Do not crowd. Fry the balls for about 3 to 4 minutes. They are done when they are slightly more than golden brown. Remove from the oil and let cool on a paper towel lined sheet pan. Check the first batch to make sure they are cooked through. Repeat the process with the remaining fish mixture.
- Remove the chipotle sauce and the slaw from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature to remove some of the chill. Heat the tortillas. Stack 7 or 8 tortillas and wrap in a damp kitchen or paper towel and microwave for about 15 seconds. Repeat with remaining tortillas. They can also be wrapped in foil and heated in the oven.
- Add 2 or 3 catfish balls, depending on the size, to a tortilla, and slightly crush them. Some people tear them completely apart, it is up to you. Top with a little grated Jack cheese, chipotle cream sauce and slaw. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings. Arrange on a serving platter and enjoy with a nice cerveza.
EASY FISH TACOS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: green cabbage, red onion, sour cream, lime, salt, tilapia fillets, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, corn tortillas, cilantro, lime
Provided by Claire Nolan
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine green cabbage, red onion, sour cream, lime juice, and salt. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, mix cayenne, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Season each tilapia fillet on both sides with the seasoning mix.
- Over medium-high heat, cook 2 fillets at a time for 8 minutes, flipping halfway. Repeat for the remaining fillets.
- Using a fork, break apart the fillets into bite-size pieces.
- Right before serving, heat the corn tortillas in the pan over high heat. Remove from the pan and assemble the tacos with the cabbage slaw and tilapia.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 24 grams, Sugar 4 grams
FISH TACOS AND CILANTRO COLESLAW, 20 MINUTES MAX
This is one of my best-kept secrets recipe for serving a healthy, easy and really flavorful dinner in about 20 minutes.
Provided by fluffernutter
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 tacos
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bake fish fillets according to package directions.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place them in the oven to heat.
- Or heat them at the last minute in a microwave in plastic wrap.
- Shred or chop the cabbage.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage with all the remaining ingredients.
- Cut each hot fish fillet into 6-8 pieces, then pile into a hot tortilla with lots of slaw.
FISH TACOS WITH LIME-CILANTRO CREMA
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare crema, combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- To prepare tacos, combine cumin and next 5 ingredients (through garlic powder) in a small bowl; sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1 tablespoon crema.
More about "easy fish tacos with cilantro lime dressing recipes"
FISH TACOS WITH LIME-CILANTRO CREMA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (140)Calories 394 per serving
- To prepare tacos, combine cumin and next 5 ingredients (through garlic powder) in a small bowl; sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1 tablespoon crema.
EASY FISH TACOS IN IMITATION OF CILANTRO-LIME DRESSING
FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME COLESLAW – RECIPES AND FLAVORS
SHRIMP TACOS WITH SPICY CILANTRO LIME SAUCE - THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
SPICY FISH TACO BOWLS WITH CILANTRO LIME SLAW - PINCH OF YUM
THE BEST FISH TACOS WITH CREAMY AVOCADO LIME SAUCE
CRISPY FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME SAUCE - TASTY KITCHEN
EASY LING COD FISH TACOS RECIPE WITH FRESH AVOCADO SAUCE
EASY FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO-LIME DRESSING - TACO RECIPES
BAJA FISH TACOS WITH CREAMY CILANTRO LIME SLAW - SAVORY NOTHINGS
FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME SAUCE | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
FISH TACOS WITH LIME CREMA - AHEAD OF THYME
GRILLED FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME CABBAGE SLAW …
CHEF BECKY’S FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO-LIME RANCH DRESSING
FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME RANCH DRESSING - TERRAPIN RIDGE
BEST CILANTRO-LIME SHRIMP TACOS RECIPE - DELISH
EASY CHILI LIME FISH TACOS RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
BAKED FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO DRESSING - PLATING PIXELS
GRILLED FISH TACOS WITH LIME-CILANTRO SAUCE
FISH TACOS W/ CILANTRO LIME SAUCE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
HEALTHY FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO-LIME CREMA - PALATABLE PASTIME
FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME CREAM SAUCE | FROM SCRATCH …
SKILLET CILANTRO AND LIME FISH TACOS | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
CRISPY FISH TACOS WITH HONEY-LIME CILANTRO SLAW - MARISA MOORE …
FISH TACOS WITH LIME-CILANTRO SLAW - HEALTHY EATING FOR FAMILIES
EASY FISH TACOS WITH LIME SLAW - SLENDER KITCHEN
GRILLED FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME DRESSING | FRONTIER COOP
FISH TACOS WITH LIME DRESSING - MOSSY OAK
PAN SEARED FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME SLAW - THEMAMASGIRLS
FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME RANCH DRESSING - TERRAPIN RIDGE
FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO MARINADE | SOMETHING NEW FOR DINNER
HOW TO MAKE EASY FISH TACOS - TASTE OF HOME
EASY FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO-LIME SLAW - TWO OF A KIND
MEXICAN SLAW DRESSING RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRILLED FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME DRESSING - FRONTIER COOP
HOMEMADE FISH TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME RICE AND CHIPOTLE AOLI
HOW TO COOK FISH TACOS WITH LIME-CILANTRO CREMA - MYRECIPES
COLESLAW WITH CILANTRO RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make fish tacos?Easy fish tacos, grilled with an awesome marinade and great cilantro lime dressing. Use Asian slaw (from Wegmans), fresh salsa, and avocado to dress. Combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, honey, garlic, seafood seasoning, cumin, chili powder, and black pepper in a nonreactive bowl or large resealable zip-top bag.
What is in a fish taco with lime and cilantro?Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Crema. Cumin, coriander, and paprika lend these fish tacos a delightfully warm, smoky flavor. They're the perfect pairing for the tangy sour cream sauce. The spice on the fish can be used on other taco variations such as chicken, shrimp, ground beef or even fajita vegetables.
How to cook shrimp with lime and cilantro?Directions In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, olive oil, lime zest and season with salt. Add shrimp and cover with plastic wrap. Make slaw: in a large bowl combine all slaw ingredients. Toss gently to combine and season with salt. Make garlic-lime mayo: in a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
What is the best sauce for fish tacos?The fish is perfectly seasoned and paired with the tangy Cilantro Lime Slaw and optional Fish Taco Sauce Chipotle Mayo (Mexican Secret Sauce) and/or avocado, the combination is out of this world! I seriously could eat this every day! Why this recipe works! Besides the flavor, what I love most about these fish tacos is how adaptable they are!