LEMON COUSCOUS RECIPE
This is one of the fastest, easiest side dish recipes! Plus it's has a delicious bright flavor that pairs well with just about any main dish, it's incredibly versatile too.
Provided by Jaclyn
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant (not toasting and browning or it will be bitter!), about 20 seconds.
- Remove from heat, pour in chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice and season with salt to taste. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Pour in couscous, stir then remove from heat and immediately cover with lid. Let rest 4 - 5 minutes off heat.
- Add parsley and fluff with a fork. Finish with a little more olive oil or broth to moisten if desired and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234 kcal, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 159 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY LEMON COUSCOUS
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a medium sauce pot, bring the chicken broth, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, combine couscous and salt.
- Pour boiling broth over couscous and allow to sit, covered for 10 minutes, or until the broth is absorbed.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 kcal, Carbohydrate 22 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 171 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 1 g, ServingSize 6-8 portions (6-8 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
This is light and fresh and accompanies fish (i.e. habanero-lime butter grilled salmon) and chicken well. It is a refreshing change to the rice or potato side dish, and everyone always loves it.
Provided by redveeder
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Stir chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, and salt together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add couscous to the liquid and stir to coat completely. Place a cover on the saucepan, remove from heat, and let couscous soak in hot liquid until the moisture is mostly absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir pimento peppers, pine nuts, and parsley into the couscous.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224.6 calories, Carbohydrate 33.2 g, Cholesterol 11.8 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 549.4 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
LEMON & CORIANDER COUSCOUS
- Prepare 250g couscous with boiling water or stock, according to the packet's instructions.
- Add the lemon zest, fresh coriander, raisins and pine nuts. Season well and drizzle with plenty of olive oil. Goes really well with fish or lamb.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 43 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.03 milligram of sodium
- Cut lemons into eight. Combine with 8 cups water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan with sugar and salt, stirring to dissolve. Add lemon, cover and simmer over low heat until very tender (about 1 hour). Cool
- Remove lemon from syrup. Remove and discard flesh reserving lemon peel. Cut peel into small dice (you will need ½ cup).
- Bring stock to a boil. Stir in couscous, chopped lemon, oil, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and spread on a parchment lined pan to cool.
- Transfer couscous to a large bowl and fluff with fork. Add parsley, lemon juice and toss.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in onions and remaining ingredients.
More about "easy lemon couscous recipes"
EASY LEMON COUSCOUS RECIPE - THE GINGERED WHISK
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory Kid Friendly Side DishesCalories 134 per serving
- Cook isreali couscous according to package directions, adding in the 1/3 cup golden raisins to the pan.
HOW TO COOK COUSCOUS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
OUR FAVORITE LEMON HERB COUSCOUS SALAD - INSPIRED TASTE
EASY LEMON COUSCOUS RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE LEMON …
RECIPES WITH COUSCOUS : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
EASY LEMON COUSCOUS – CHAWTIME
LEMON COUSCOUS RECIPES EASY : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
LEMONY PEARL COUSCOUS - A QUICK & EASY SIDE DISH! - PIMP …
23 EASY COUSCOUS RECIPES TO TRY TONIGHT - INSANELY GOOD
EASY RECIPES FOR SMALL AND LESS THAN IDEAL KITCHENS - THE NEW …
EASY LEMON COUSCOUS RECIPE | RECIPE | COUSCOUS RECIPES, LEMON …
EASY COUSCOUS – A COUPLE COOKS
EASY LEMON COUSCOUS RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE LEMON COUSCOUS
EASY LEMON COUSCOUS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
COUSCOUS RECIPES LEMON – WATCH EASY COOKING VIDEOS
EASY LEMON COUSCOUS RECIPE – NORTHRICHLANDHILLSDENTISTRY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is lemon couscous easy to make?This Lemon Couscous is one of the fastest, easiest side dish recipes! Plus it has a delicious bright flavor that pairs well with just about any main dish, it’s incredibly versatile too. This simple couscous recipe is just one of those must have recipes!
How do you cook couscous with water?Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in onions and remaining ingredients. “This recipe goes with fish entrees, has a delicious lemon zip and is easy to make! From Cooking Light.”
How do you make couscous salad dressing?While the couscous cooks, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, mustard, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the drained couscous to the dressing and mix well.
How to cook couscous with chicken broth?Stir chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, and salt together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add couscous to the liquid and stir to coat completely. Place a cover on the saucepan, remove from heat, and let couscous soak in hot liquid until the moisture is mostly absorbed, about 5 minutes.