EASY PIZZA CALZONES
These are yummy, quick, and easy calzones that can be eaten hot or frozen and taken for a easy heat up lunch. They're also versatile and you can put in any kind of pizza toppings you like!
Provided by The Milocat
Yield 4 calzones, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a large cookie sheet.
- Press the dough out so that it is about the same thickness all around and so that it covers the cookie sheet.
- Cut into 4 equal size rectangles.
- In a bowl, mix sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Spoon equal amounts of toppings into the middle the rectangles.
- Lightly spread out the sauce mixture.
- Fold one corner so that it meets with the opposite corner.
- Crimp the edges so that the calzones seal.
- Mix olive oil and parmesan cheese mix.
- Brush with olive oil and parmesan cheese mixture.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or freeze for later.
QUICK PEPPERONI CALZONES
This calzone recipe takes the Italian favorite to the next level with Parmesan and herbs sprinkled on top. -Shannon Roum, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix pepperoni, pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese., On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four portions. Roll each into a 6-in. circle; top each with a scant 1/3 cup pepperoni mixture. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet. , Brush milk over tops; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and, if desired, Italian seasoning. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540 calories, Fat 23g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 1573mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
PERFECT EVERY TIME PIZZA OR CALZONE DOUGH
Ready in a snap and my kids love it! This can be used for pizza dough too. My dear chef friend Darrin Gleason shared this recipe with me over ten years ago while attending college. It has been a go-to recipe for my family for all these years and I thought I should share it with my cooking community.
Provided by Angela
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix 1/2 cup lukewarm water and yeast together in a bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup water, olive oil, honey, and salt in a separate bowl; add 1 cup flour and mix well. Mix yeast mixture into flour mixture. Add remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough is well combined.
- Knead dough on a floured work surface until dough is soft, smooth, and elastic, about 8 minutes. Roll dough into 4 calzone shapes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Carbohydrate 80.9 g, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 10.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 295.8 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
EASY ITALIAN PIZZA CALZONES
Not really a traditional calzone, as there is no ricotta cheese or pizza dough in this recipe, but a quick and easy dinner idea, nonetheless. Adapted from menus4moms.com.
Provided by Karen..
Yield 8 calzones, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large skillet, brown and crumble sausage, pour off fat.
- Add 3/4 cup pasta sauce, mushrooms, green pepper and onion.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll crescent dough and separate into 8 rectangles. Firmly press perforations together and flatten slightly.
- In a small bowl mix egg and water, brush on dough edges.
- Stir cheese into meat mixture.
- Spoon equal amounts of meat mixture onto half of each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges. Fold dough over filling. Press to seal edges. Arrange on baking sheet; brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat remaining pasta sauce; serve with calzones.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 751.3, Fat 35.5, SaturatedFat 12.7, Cholesterol 174.8, Sodium 1828, Carbohydrate 77, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 17.7, Protein 29.4
More about "easy pizza calzones recipes"
EASY CALZONE PIZZA RECIPE (A FAMILY FAV!) - THRIFTY NIFTY …
Reviews 4Calories 777 per servingCategory Recipes
EASY HOMEMADE CALZONE RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (61)Calories 483 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course
- On half of each dough circle, add equal parts sauce, yellow onion, green bell pepper, and sliced pepperoni. Make sure to leave a little room around the edges so you can crimp the calzone shut.
- Sprinkle the toppings with equal parts shredded cheese. Then fold the other half of the dough over the toppings and crimp the edges.
EASY VEGETARIAN CALZONES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA CALZONES • THE PRAIRIE HOMESTEAD
PUFF PASTRY PIZZA CALZONES SMALL BATCH FOR TWO - ZONA …
EASY CALZONE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
PIZZA CALZONE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
PIZZA POCKETS - EASY CALZONE RECIPE - PICKLEBUMS
EASY CALZONE RECIPE (HOW TO FOLD - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA POCKETS OR CALZONES - LAURA …
EASY CALZONES RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
EASY PIZZA + CALZONES RECIPES & IDEAS | FOOD & WINE
QUICK + EASY CALZONE RECIPES AND MEAL IDEAS
VEGAN CALZONES (HOMEMADE VEGAN PIZZA DOUGH)
BEST CALZONES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CALZONES - DELISH
5/5 (29)Total Time 50 mins
CALZONE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY PIZZA CALZONES - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
72 HOUR COLD FERMENT PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - EAT LOVE NAMASTE
100 PIZZA & CALZONE RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 | RECIPES, PIZZA RECIPES ...
CALZONE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE FOR CALZONES | DEPORECIPE.CO
EASY HOMEMADE CALZONE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST EASY CALZONES • THE FRESH COOKY
900+ PIZZA & CALZONES IDEAS IN 2022 | RECIPES, PIZZA ... - PINTEREST
EASY RECIPE FOR PIZZA OR CALZONES FROM SCRATCH WITH BEST
HOW TO MAKE A CALZONE - 8 EASY RECIPES | GIORDANO'S
29 EASY HOMEMADE PIZZA AND CALZONE RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
HOMEMADE PIZZA CALZONES - SIMPLY SCRATCH
EASY CALZONES | MRFOOD.COM
10 BEST CHICKEN CALZONE WITH PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES | YUMMLY
PIZZA HUT CALZONE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY MINI CALZONES - EAT LOVE NAMASTE
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CALZONE PIZZA - THE DUCHEZ KITCHEN
20 HOMEMADE CALZONE RECIPES THAT COULDN’T BE EASIER
EASY PIZZA CALZONES - WE'RE PARENTS
KETO CALZONE RECIPE (EASY!) | WHOLESOME YUM
CALZONE RECIPES USING PILLSBURY PIZZA DOUGH | DEPORECIPE.CO
SIMPLEMILLS - CALZONES
SUPER EASY PIZZA POCKETS/CALZONES - EVERYDAY MADE FRESH
PIZZA AND CALZONES RECIPES - NYT COOKING
EASY RECIPE - HOMEMADE PIZZA AND CALZONES - KELLY THE KITCHEN KOP
EASY CALZONE PIZZAS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY CALZONE RECIPES FOR CALZONE PIZZA | OLIVEMAGAZINE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #lunch #main-dish #easy #european #beginner-cook #pizza
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a calzone pizza?How to Make a Calzone 1 Divide pre-made pizza dough into equal portions and roll into a circle. 2 On one half of the dough, spread the ingredients. Fold over and crimp the edges. 3 Cut air vents, brush with oil and bake (per recipe below).
How long do you cook calzone dough?Brush with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes or until the dough is fully cooked and the calzone is golden brown. Serve with warmed pizza sauce for dipping. Use homemade pizza dough or store bought.
What do you put in your calzones?These are yummy, quick, and easy calzones that can be eaten hot or frozen and taken for a easy heat up lunch. They're also versatile and you can put in any kind of pizza toppings you like! Join the conversation! tablespoon garlic parmesan seasoning (a mixture of finely grated parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and parsley flakes.
How do you make a pizza with mozzarella cheese?Stir in the mozzarella cheese and the 1/3 cup pizza sauce. Unroll pizza dough. Roll or stretch dough into a 10 x 15 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 6- 5 inch squares. Spoon some of the meat mixture onto one-half of each square. Brush dough edges with water. Lift a corner and stretch dough over meat mixture to opposite corner.