EGG DROP SOUP
I first learned to like this soup at a Chinese restaurant called Nong Chin's in Marion Illinois. I had to try my hand at copying it, as I love it--this is the result. AND these people DO NOT give out their recipes.
Provided by Darlene Summers
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in soup pot.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt & mix.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir into boiling broth.
- Stir a small amount of hot broth into slightly beaten egg. Add egg mixture into hot broth slowly, stirring all the time. Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Garnish with scallion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 112, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 93, Sodium 1738.8, Carbohydrate 5.8, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 1.3, Protein 10.7
EGG DROP SOUP (BETTER THAN RESTAURANT QUALITY!)
After many many trips to different Chinese restaurants looking for a good bowl of egg drop soup, I decided to take it upon myself to create what I feel is the ultimate in egg drop soup. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Provided by Darren
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small saucepan, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Stir together the cornstarch and water to dissolve cornstarch; pour into the boiling broth. Stir gently while you pour in the egg and yellow food coloring if using. Season with chives, salt and pepper before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.8 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Cholesterol 191 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 7.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 1395.7 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
EGG DROP SOUP (WITH A TWIST)
- Heat chicken broth to boiling.
- Add peas and return to boil.
- Stir in ginger, seesame oil, and soy sauce.
- Remove from heat; drizzle in egg in slow steady stream while whisking or stirring with a fork. Let sit for 1 minute for egg to set.
- Add sliced green onion and serve.
ASIAN EGG DROP SOUP
- Bring soup stock, grated ginger and soy sauce to a boil. In a small cup, make a slurry by combining the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of chicken stock. Stir until dissolved. Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture while stirring the stock, until thickened. Reduce heat to a simmer. Pour in the eggs slowly while stirring the soup in the same direction. The egg will spread and feather. Turn off the heat and add the green onions. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
RESTAURANT STYLE EGG DROP SOUP
This Egg Drop soup is born from a love of the soup and MANY trips to my favorite Chinese restaurant (asking them many questions) resulting in this variation. Compare it to your local restaurant...The simplicity is the key. Soup can be re-heated or frozen and re-heated.
Provided by W.J. Cory
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan. Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork. Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture. Egg should cook immediately. Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76 calories, Carbohydrate 4.2 g, Cholesterol 149.2 mg, Fat 4.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 1142.7 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
ROMAN EGG DROP SOUP
Stracciatella alla Romana, or Roman egg drop soup, can be made in any season, and goes together quickly, as long as you have the most important ingredient: good homemade chicken stock. Parmesan and eggs are whisked together and poured into the bubbling broth to make "i straccetti," or savory, eggy little rags.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a soup pot over high heat, bring chicken broth to a boil. Season to taste with salt and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Crack eggs into a medium-size bowl and beat lightly with a wire whisk. Whisk in about 1/2 teaspoon of grated nutmeg, the lemon zest, a large pinch of salt, several twists of the pepper mill and 1 3/4 ounces grated Parmesan.
- Pour egg mixture into simmering chicken broth and stir gently until mixture forms little rags. Simmer for another minute or so.
- Ladle the soup into individual bowls and sprinkle parsley over each serving. Pass more grated Parmesan separately.
EGG DROP SOUP
We start many stir-fry meals with this easy egg drop soup, which cooks in just a few minutes. There are many recipe variations, but we like the addition of cornstarch to thicken the soup and give it a rich, golden color. I got the recipe from Grandma's old cookbook. -Amy Beth Corlew-Sherlock, Lapeer, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings (3 cups).
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. , Reduce heat. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 39 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 714mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
EGG DROP SOUP WITH A LATIN TWIST
- 1. Combine broth, garlic, and ginger in a pot and bring to a boil. 2. In a bowl whisk eggs, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper, just until yolks and whites are blended but don't foam. 3. Slowly pour the eggs into boiling broth stirring constantly. 4. Bring back to boil continuously stirring. 5. Remove from heat, garnish with cilantro, onion and add hot sauce to taste. Serve Hot. **Gluten Free be sure to check the label of the Worcestershire/Broth, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire is gluten free, other brands vary.
More about "egg drop soup with a latin twist recipes"
10 BEST EGG DROP SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE EGG DROP SOUP - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
ONE-EGG EGG DROP SOUP - SOUP RECIPES
EGG DROP SOUP - CHINESE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
RECIPES FOR EGG DROP SOUP - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ASIAN EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
EGG DROP SOUP - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE - TASTE OF ASIAN FOOD
EGG DROP SOUP: EASY, AUTHENTIC 15-MINUTE RECIPE - THE …
EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE | SIDECHEF
EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
ITALIAN STYLE EGG DROP SOUP - PINCH OF ITALY
EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - SOUP
RESTAURANT QUALITY EASY EGG DROP SOUP - PINCH ME, I'M …
EGG DROP SOUP | RECIPE | EGG DROP SOUP, EGG DROP, SPICY EGGS
10 BEST EGG DROP SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
EGG DROP SOUP WITH A TWIST RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE - 19+ BASIC FOOD VIDEOS - JAY C VINCENNES …
EGG DROP SOUP - FOOD RECIPES
EGG DROP SOUP - JO COOKS
ROMAN EGG-DROP SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RESTAURANT STYLE EGG DROP SOUP - WOK & SKILLET
CHINESE TOMATO EGG DROP SOUP - THE WOKS OF LIFE
EASY ITALIAN EGG DROP SOUP: STRACCIATELLA RECIPE
QUICK AND EASY EGG DROP SOUP - FOOD RECIPES
EGG DROP WONTON SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PERUVIAN EGG DROP SOUP (SOPA FUCHIFU) - MAMIVERSE
EGG DROP SOUP (20 MINUTE MEAL) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CABBAGE EGG DROP SOUP - GIMME SOME OVEN
EGG DROP SOUP - EASY AND AUTHENTIC! - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
EGG DROP SOUP - RECIPE LIST
EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
EGG DROP SOUP (BETTER THAN RESTAURANT QUALITY!) - SOUP RECIPES
EGG DROP SOUP - RECIPE LANDS
EGG DROP SOUP (BEST CHINESE RECIPE) - RASA MALAYSIA
CHINESE EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the recipe for egg drop soup?Egg Drop Soup Recipe Instructions. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a medium-sized soup pot. Stir in the sesame oil, salt, sugar, and white pepper. Add in the turmeric or yellow food coloring, if using. Using turmeric or yellow food coloring gives the soup that rich restaurant-style yellow color but this is optional.
How to make severance sorrow egg drop soup?Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality!) Severance Sorrow In a small saucepan, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Stir together the cornstarch and water to dissolve cornstarch; pour into the boiling broth. Stir gently while you pour in the egg and yellow food coloring if using.
Is egg drop soup the same in Chinese?But actually, the direct translation in Chinese is egg flower soup, because the egg creates large and small swirls in the soup in a flower-like pattern (scroll down to the recipe video below to see that in action). There are many variations of egg drop soup, but this recipe is a classic restaurant-style egg drop soup that you can make at home.
What is the ratio of egg to broth in this soup?This soup was quick and easy, and best of all, it tasted great. It is very creamy with the corn starch and ratio of 1 egg per cup of broth. Thank you for a delicious recipe!