- Place the bulghur in a large bowl, pour in the boiling water, and add the lemon juice, olive oil, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir, then allow to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Add the scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper; mix well. Season, to taste, and serve or cover and refrigerate. The flavor will improve if the tabbouleh sits for a few hours.
A delicious and simple, yet exotic, vegetable rice dish! You can adjust the seasonings to suit your taste. My personal preference is to go light on the curry and heavier on the sage and tarragon.
Provided by Alskann
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook rice in water with bouillon cubes, uncovered until water boils out.
- Separately cook zucchini, green beans and onion in tomato sauce for 10 minutes.
- Add spices and cook 10 more minutes.
- Pour over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.4, Fat 2.2, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 0.1, Sodium 760.6, Carbohydrate 57.8, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 5.5, Protein 7.2
EGYPTIAN STYLE FATAH (RICE, MEAT, CRISPY BREAD, VINEGAR, GARLIC)
A must have dish in Eid el Adha (Islamic festival after hadj) I was disappointing not to see it here, so I had to post it.
Provided by EasyRecipe-Chef
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put pita bread in the oven for 3 minutes till it becomes crispy.
- Break into bite size pieces, put in a glass baking dish.
- Pour the soup (about 1 cup) from the boiled meat in the baking dish over the crispy bread.
- Add the cooked rice over the bread.
- Sprinkle a lot of black pepper over the rice.
- In a frying pan cut the garlic into small pieces fry with oil till it is golden; add the vinegar (this will smell very good).
- Take the mix. of vinegar and garlic pour over the rice.
- Place the meat over the rice.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.9, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 161.5, Carbohydrate 44.3, Fiber 1, Sugar 0.4, Protein 5.1
EGYPTIAN HOLIDAY COOKIES (KACH AL AYID)
- Prepare starter 30 minutes in advance. In a small mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water. Stir in the flour, salt and sugar and let stand until the mixture doubles in bulk and produces air bubbles.
- Meanwhile, to make the dough, melt the butter in a small saucepan and let it cool.
- Dough can be made by hand or in a food processor. To make it by hand, put the flour in a mixing bowl and make a well in the center. Pour the butter into the well and add the starter, rosewater and vanilla. Stir to blend. Rub the mixture between the palms of the hands until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Add lukewarm water a little at a time until the dough can be gathered together to form a ball. Use as little water as possible. Knead the dough until it is smooth and even in texture. To make dough in a food processor, put the flour into the container of the processor and add the butter, starter, rosewater and vanilla while blending. If necessary, add lukewarm water, a little at a time, until the dough can be shaped into a ball and kneaded briefly. If the dough is too soft, it may be necessary to chill it briefly. If you overchill, let it rest at room temperature until it can be shaped by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces of more or less equal size. Shape each piece into a ball.
- If you do not wish to use a filling, transfer the pieces of dough to a cookie sheet and flatten them into a cookie shape about half an inch thick or slightly thicker. Or if you use the filling, punch a hole partly down the center of each ball of dough. Shape the dough into a slightly curved saucer shape and put about one teaspoon or less of filling in the middle of the dough. Fold over the edges and seal. Place the dough, sealed side down, on the cookie sheet and press with the palms of the hands to flatten each into a cookie shape.
- Place the cookie sheet on the top rack of the oven and bake cookies 35 to 40 minutes. When done, cookies should have an even, golden color and the firmness of a cooked pie crust. Let cookies cool completely. Cover the top and sides of each one with a generous dusting of confectioners' sugar. If you plan to store the cookies, do not frost with confectioners' sugar until the day you use them.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 159, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 106 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
Tabouleh, also known as tabbouleh, is a classic Middle Eastern salad. The fresh veggies and mint leaves make it light and refreshing on a hot day. -Michael & Mathil Chebat, Lake Ridge, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Prepare bulgur according to package directions; cool. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 164mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EGYPTIAN LAHMA BIL BASAL (BEEF IN RICH ONION SAUCE)
This is AMAZING! Very popular, simple dish made in Egyptian households. Once you make it, it will become a favorite for sure. When finished, you should have super tender beef with a thick oniony sauce. The onions will have cooked down to a thick rich sauce.
Provided by chaka
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine beef, butter, and canola in a large saucepan; cook and stir beef over medium heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add onions, chicken bouillon, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to beef; pour in water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until beef is tender and onions have reduced into a thick sauce, at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394.1 calories, Carbohydrate 21.8 g, Cholesterol 78.1 mg, Fat 24.9 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 21.3 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 672.7 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
More about "egyptian tabilch recipes"
TABBOULEH OR TABOULI SALAD + VIDEO - ENRILEMOINE
EGYPTIAN TABOULEH RECIPE - ALTERNATIVE EGYPT TRAVEL …
10 BEST EGYPTIAN FOOD RECIPES | YUMMLY
EGYPTIAN DRINKS | TOP 15 EGYPTIAN DRINKS | EGYPTIAN …
12 DELICIOUS EGYPTIAN DESSERTS YOU SHOULD TRY - CULTURE TRIP
TOP 10 EGYPTIAN DESSERTS TO TRY | BASBOUSA, KANAFEH, UMM …
EGYPTIAN FOOD; FATTAH - AMIRA'S PANTRY
KOSHARI (NATIONAL DISH OF EGYPT) RECIPE - THE DARING …
EGYPTIAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
29 EGYPTIAN RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | EGYPTIAN FOOD, RECIPES, MIDDLE ...
EGYPTIAN RECIPES: THE EASY GUIDE TO EGYPTIAN RECIPES: TEMPLETON, …
Reviews 4Format PaperbackAuthor Mary Ann Templeton
LEMONY LEBANESE TABOULI (TABBOULEH) - FEASTING AT HOME
ULTIMATE EGYPTIAN PISTACHIO DUKKAH WITH HAZELNUTS
TABBOULEH — THE EGYPTIAN EPICUREAN
RECIPE: EGYPTIAN FALAFEL PLATTER - BEST RECIPES EVER
EGYPTIAN COOKBOOK: ENJOY AUTHENTIC EGYPTIAN COOKING WITH 50 …
MSHABAK (EGYPTIAN RECIPE) (ARABIC FOOD RECIPES)
900+ EGYPTIAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN IDEAS IN 2022 | MIDDLE EASTERN …
EGYPTIAN DUKKAH RECIPE (EASY & AUTHENTIC) - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
EGYPTIAN RECIPES: MOUTHWATERING AND LOW BUDGET EGYPTIAN …
EGYPTIAN TABILCH RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
120 EGYPTIAN RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES ... - PINTEREST
EGYPTIAN COOKING VEGETABLES PULSES CHICKPEAS CABBAGES TURNIPS …
EGYPTIAN TABILCH - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ASSYRIAN KITCHEN QUICK RECIPES SERIES | TABOULEH - YOUTUBE
7 EGYPT RECIPES | RECIPELAND
130 EGYPT RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | RECIPES, EGYPTIAN FOOD, FOOD
TABOULI SALAD (TABULAH/TABBOULEH) - AMIRA'S PANTRY
THE VARIETY OF EGYPTIAN RECIPES IS ENDLESS
EGYPTIAN TABILCH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
14 EGYPTIAN FOOD IDEAS | EGYPTIAN FOOD, FOOD, RECIPES
FOOD OF EGYPT - EGYPTIAN RECIPES | CATEGORY ARCHIVE | EGYPTIAN …
EGYPTIAN BREAKFAST RECIPE | DELICIOUS RECIPES
BABA GONOUSH (EGYPTIAN DISH)
EGYPTIAN FOODS RECIPE
RECREATE THE ANCIENT EGYPTIAN RECIPES PAINTED ON TOMB WALLS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #vegetables #african #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #egyptian #dietary #green-yellow-beans #squash #taste-mood #savory
You'll also love