CHILEAN-STYLE CHEESE EMPANADAS (FRITAS DE QUESO)
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- Gently mix the vegetable shortening into the flour.
- Place the milk and water in a saucepan and heat until almost boiling.
- Stir the hot liquid into the flour mixture. Add more water (1 tablespoon at a time) if the mixture seems too dry and crumbly, or add more flour if the mixture is too wet and sticky.
- Knead dough gently until well mixed and homogenous.
- Divide dough into 16 portions, and roll each piece into a ball. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Grate or finely chop cheese.
- Roll each ball of dough into a 6- to 7-inch circle.
- Place 1 ounce of cheese in the center of each dough circle.
- Fold the dough in half over the cheese to form a semicircle.
- Press down firmly along edges to seal.
- Roll the edge inward over itself and press down again to seal.
- Crimp edge decoratively with a fork, pressing to seal.
- In a deep-sided skillet, pot, or deep-fat fryer, heat several inches of vegetable oil to 350 F. Fry empanadas in batches, turning at least once, until golden brown.
- Drain empanadas on paper towels.
- Empanadas can be kept warm in a 200 F oven for up to 1 hour before serving. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 492 kcal, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 48 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 634 mg, Sugar 3 g, Fat 35 g, ServingSize 16 empanadas (8 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO
These empanadas use queso chanco, but a good substitute is a mixture of Swiss and Havarti. I usually bake mine, but they are really good fried. I serve these with a chile-Chile sauce.
Provided by damasio
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Pastries
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Combine the lard and milk in a saucepan, and heat until the milk is hot. Pour the hot milk into the flour mixture, and stir until a dough forms. Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic. Cover, and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface 1/4-inch thick. Cut into 4-inch rounds. Brush the outer edges of each circle with beaten egg, and fill with a small mound of cheese. Fold each circle in half to form a half-moon; press the edges with your fingers or a fork to seal. Place the empanadas onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with remaining egg.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden-brown, about 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, the empanadas may be deep fried in 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil. If deep frying, do not brush the outsides of the empanadas with egg. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 57.4 mg, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 14.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 286.7 mg, Sugar 2 g
EMPANADA DE QUESO: CHEESE TURNOVERS
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the chilled butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the egg and vinegar. Slowly add the water, as needed, mixing to form the dough, until well blended. Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and knead gently until the dough becomes smooth, only a few seconds. Wrap well and chill for 30 minutes.
- Saute onion in butter and add spinach over medium heat. Cool and then combine with cheese, hazelnuts, and raisins.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the chilled dough to 1/8 inch thick (keep the other half refrigerated until ready to use). Cut out 3-inch circles. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into the center of each circle. Brush egg wash around the edges of the dough. Fold the edges up forming a pouch, and seal.
- Refrigerate the empanadas on greased or parchment lined baking sheets at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush the empanadas with egg wash and bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
EMPANADAS CON QUESO
These present an absolutely addictive and intriguing blend of flavours! Unlikely sounding, but delicious! Cooking time includes chilling time. If you want to freeze them, freeze uncooked seperately the filling and pastry. When defrosting, you don't need to defrost the filling, but definitely defrost the pastry or you won't be able to fold it! You might like to have it already cut in circles before freezing for convenience. You might need to bake a little longer - I didn't, but I have a fan-forced oven.
Provided by melting pot
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut in 1/2 pound butter to the flour to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add egg and vinegar. Combine.
- Knead lightly for a couple of seconds before covering in cling wrap and refrigerating for 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Saute the onion and spinach. Set aside to allow to cool, approx.20-25 minute.
- Normally I use this time now to grate the cheese and chop the hazelnuts. When the spinach is cool, mix with hazelnuts, raisins and cheese.
- Remove pastry from fridge. Using a 3 1/2 inch circle cutter, cut out circles. Place approximately 1 tablespoon in the middle of each circle, brush edges with egg wash and fold to enclose. Do not discard egg wash. Place on greased baking tray.
- Refrigerate for 30 minute.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove empanadas from fridge and brush egg wash lightly over the tops. Bake for about 25 min or until lightly golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 800.3, Fat 52.2, SaturatedFat 26.6, Cholesterol 166, Sodium 501.7, Carbohydrate 64.1, Fiber 5, Sugar 12.7, Protein 22.7
CHEESIEST FRIED CHICKEN EMPANADAS WITH QUESO DIP
This is a recipe from Paula Deen, foodnetwork.com. I made this for tonight's dinner & served with a side of my recipe for spanish rice (http://www.recipezaar.com/280608). It was great! My husband said it was a 4 our of 5 star dinner. Although, I tweaked the sauce to my own tastes.
Provided by Concoctionista
Yield 12-15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl using a rubber spatula, combine the chicken, colby and Monterey cheese, cream cheese, red pepper, jalapeno, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Remove 1 pie crust from pie tin onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 15-inch circle.
- Cut out rounds, using a 3-inch cookie cutter. Re-roll dough as needed.
- Repeat procedure with remaining pie crusts, making 12 to 15 circles total.
- Arrange 1 round on a clean, flat surface.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the edges of crust with water.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of chicken mixture in the center of the round.
- Fold the dough over the filling, pressing the edges with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining rounds and chicken mixture.
- Place empanadas in deep-fryer for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with queso dip.
- Note: Up to this point, the recipe can be made ahead and frozen for up to 1 month.
- In a medium sauce pot, slowly heat cheese over medium/low heat.
- When cheese is fully melted add tomatoes, stirring with spoon until combined well.
- Pour cheese dip into a small casserole dish and serve as a dip for the cheesy empanadas or pour on top for a real cheesy effect.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285.4, Fat 19.7, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 22.5, Sodium 732.4, Carbohydrate 20.9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 2.4, Protein 6.3
More about "empanadas fritas de queso recipes"
BEST EMPANADAS DE QUESO (CHEESE EMPANADAS) RECIPE
Servings 12Category Mains
FRINKFOOD - EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO
RECIPE OF EMPANADAS DE QUESO FRITAS BOLIVIANAS - ARTCLYDEPIC00
EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO | RECETARIO THERMOMIX
FRITAS DE QUESO (CHEESE EMPANADAS) | FOOD, APPETIZER RECIPES ...
RECIPE CHILE-STíL EMPANADAS (FRITAS DE QUESO)
EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO | RECIPE | FOOD, RECIPES, MEXICAN FOOD …
EMPANADITAS DE QUESO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FRIED CHEESE EMPANADAS--EMPANADAS DE QUESO FRITAS
EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO - PASTRIES - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
RECETA DE EMPANADAS DE QUESO FRITAS CHILENAS
RECIPE FOR BAKED CHEESE EMPANADAS OR EMPANADAS DE QUESO
RECETAS DE EMPANADAS DE QUESO FRITA (26) - COOKPAD
CHILEAN CHEESE EMPANADAS - BAKERITA
EMPANADAS DE QUESO + VIDEO | MAMá MAGGIE'S KITCHEN
EMPANADAS DE QUESO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MOST POPULAR MENU EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO :: BEST FAMILY …
PASTRIES RECIPE: EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO BY DAMASIO – REDCIPES
CHEESE EMPANADAS - COSTA RICA - PURA VIDA MOMS
TASTY RECIPES: EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO
CHEESE-STYLE EA CHEESE EMPANADAS (FRITAS DE QUESO) RECIPE
EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO - COCINA CHILENA - IRENE MERCADAL
EMPANADAS DE QUESO(CHEESE EMPANADAS) - LA PIñA EN LA COCINA
EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO | RECIPESTY
HOW TO MAKE SOUTH AMERICAN EMPANADAS - THE SPRUCE EATS
EMPANADAS FRITAS CON QUESO - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO – DRSTARVE
BOLIVIAN CHEESE EMPANADAS - CHIPA BY THE DOZEN
EMPANADAS SALTENAS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO - YUM TASTE
CHILEAN-STYLE CHEESE EMPANADAS (FRITAS DE QUESO) RECIPE
EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO | RECIPE | FOOD, RECIPES, YUMMY FOOD
EMPANADAS DE QUESO | COMO HACER EMPANADAS BONITAS Y …
FRIED CORN EMPANADAS WITH QUESO FRESCO | AUTHENTIC MEXICAN …
10 EMPANADAS FRITAS DE QUESO IDEAS | MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES, …
RECIPE-CHEESE EMPANADAS (FRITAS DE QUESO) RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love