FAIRY BUTTER - FLORAL BUTTER WITH ROSE OR ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER
This is SUCH a wonderful old recipe! Fresh butter is mixed with floral scented waters, such as rose water or orange blossom water and is delicious as an alternative to clotted cream, especially when spread on freshly made scones. It is also wonderful with all types of griddle cakes, crumpets and traditional tea cakes and breads. This floral butter dates back to the 18th Century and is featured in Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management, as well as numerous other historical cookbooks. This recipe adapts well to modern cooking - and would make a stunning feature at any Victorian style Ladies' afternoon tea party or even a little girl's birthday party. Serve this with pancakes for breakfast or brunch, the possibilities are endless!
Provided by French Tart
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Pound the cooked egg yolks with the floral water, (rose water or orange blossom water) and the icing sugar. Make a fine paste with all of the ingredients.
- Add the egg yolk mixture with the softened butter and mix thoroughly. When it is well mixed and smooth, allow the butter to firm up in a cool place or the fridge.
- Take the block of firm fairy butter and push it through a sieve, so that the little "fairy" pieces of butter fall in a loose heap on to a pretty serving plate. I have also used a tea strainer; it is smaller and easy to use. If you are making a large batch, you can also use a potato ricer.
- Serve the Fairy Butter in a pretty dish and serve with hot scones, pancakes, griddle cakes, toast, crumpets, traditional tea cakes and loaves.
MAUREEN ABOOD'S LAVENDER AND ORANGE BLOSSOM COOKIES
These buttery, shortbread-like cookies, called graybeh, have a particularly crunchy texture that comes from clarified butter. If you've never clarified butter, this recipe is a good place to start, and the process is extremely simple (though you do have to plan it several hours ahead). If you're not a lavender fan, feel free to leave it out. And for a more familiar flavor, substitute vanilla extract for the orange blossom water. These cookies keep well, so you can make them up to a week in advance.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories snack, cookies and bars, dessert
Yield 2 dozen cookies
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 325 degrees with a rack in the center of the oven. Line two sheet pans (not dark metal) with parchment paper.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter on high for about 6 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add 3/4 cup (92 grams) confectioners' sugar, lavender and salt and beat another 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and with the mixer on low speed, add orange blossom water and mix to combine.
- Add flour to butter 1/2 cup (about 65 grams) at a time, until dough is crumbly and slightly dry but still able to hold together when squeezed, adding additional flour if necessary.
- Divide dough into quarters and press each into a long narrow log about 1 inch high and 1 inch wide. With a sharp knife, cut into log diagonally to make diamond-shaped cookies 1 to 2 inches long. Use a spatula to transfer cookies to sheet pans, spaced about 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Cookies should be golden brown at the edges.
- Sift remaining confectioners' sugar over baked cookies while still warm. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 135, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 49 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
ORGANIC FLOWER BUTTER
From Rosalind Creasy. Both savory and sweet butters can be made with flowers. Probably the most versatile savory butters are made from chive blossoms or nasturtium flowers. Serve these savory butters with a crisp French bread or melt them over vegetables, fish, or poultry. Or also add savory herbs, lemon juice, or other flavorings such as ground chipotle peppers or grated fresh ginger. Sweet flower butters can be made with roses, violets, lavender, and pineapple sage and are a treat on egg breads, sugar cookies, or as a mystery filling between layers of pound or sponge cake. Not all edible flowers are equally tasty. Before you prepare the blossoms taste a few petals to make sure they please your palate.
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 1/2 cup Organic Flower Butter
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Making any flower butter involves the same process. First, remove the petals from the flowers and wash them well in cold water-check for critters. Gently pat them dry in a towel or dry them in a salad spinner.
- Using a very sharp knife, mince the flowers and any leaves. (Mincing is easier if you roll the blossoms into a small ball before cutting them.)
- Cut a stick of room-temperature butter into 6 or 8 pieces and then mash them with a fork.
- When the butter is fairly soft, slowly incorporate any flavorings and the flowers and leaves.
- With a rubber spatula put the mixture into a small butter crock or decorative bowl.
- Refrigerate until serving time. Flower butters can be frozen in sealed containers for 2 months.
- All three recipes make a little more than ½ cup (125g).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4917.4, Fat 551.9, SaturatedFat 349.5, Cholesterol 1463, Sodium 3919.6, Carbohydrate 9.1, Sugar 9.1, Protein 5.8
ORANGE BLOSSOM & ROSE PUDDING
BBC Good Food Magazine reader Alicia Saad shares her recipe for croissant bread and butter pudding with a Middle Eastern twist
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 180C/160 fan/gas 4. Tear the croissants into chunks and place in a 22cm round pie dish. Sprinkle over the orange blossom water and rose water, and scatter over the raisins. In a small pan, bring the cream and milk to the boil. Tip this over the chocolate chunks in a bowl and leave to stand for 1 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, sugar and lemon zest. Stir the milk and cream to dissolve the chocolate, then gradually pour over the egg mixture while whisking. Pour over the croissants to soak them completely. Cover with cling film and leave to soak for at least 30 mins. Bake for 40-45 mins until golden, puffed up and the custard has set. Lightly dust with icing sugar and serve while still warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 654 calories, Fat 37 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 69 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 47 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
More about "fairy butter floral butter with rose or orange blossom water recipes"
COLONIAL COOKING: FAIRY BUTTER | GREENWICH HISTORICAL …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
FAIRY BUTTER - COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG
RECIPE - ORANGE BLOSSOM HONEY BUTTER - THE LAND - ALLEARS.NET
BETTER BUTTER: BLOSSOM BUTTER AND HERB GARDEN BUTTER
FAIRY BUTTER FROM THE FLORAL BAKER: CAKES, PASTRIES AND BREADS BY ...
ORANGE BLOSSOM FLOWER WATER RECIPES | BEST FLOWER SITE
ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER - WAITROSE
KIM-JOY’S ORANGE BLOSSOM YORK BISCUITS - THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF
ORANGE FLOWER WATER MADELEINES - DEL'S COOKING TWIST
17 FLOWER BLOSSOM WATER RECIPES — BRIT + CO - BRIT + CO
FAIRY BUTTER W/ ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER | RECIPE
THE DOWNSTAIRS COOK'S RECIPES: ORANGE FLOWER WATER, FAIRY BUTTER …
FAIRY BUTTER · GEORGE WASHINGTON'S MOUNT VERNON
ORANGE BLOSSOM FLORAL WATER - ARCENSELS
ORANGE BLOSSOM AND ROSE WATER - TASTECELEBRATION.COM
ROSEMARY BUTTER SANDWICH COOKIES WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER …
10 BEST ORANGE FLOWER WATER DRINK RECIPES - YUMMLY
ORANGE BLOSSOM ICE CREAM (OR “IN PRAISE OF ARROWROOT”)
ROSEWATER VS. ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER FOR TONER: WHICH WORKS …
FAIRY BUTTER FLORAL BUTTER WITH ROSE OR ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER
PERIOD - FAIRY BUTTER | FOODS & RECIPES
ORANGE BLOSSOM CAKES - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
13 RECIPES THAT MAKE FLOWER WATERS WORTH BUYING - BON APPéTIT
LEBANESE BUTTER COOKIES, OR GRAYBEH - MAUREEN ABOOD
COOKING WITH FLOWERS: COMPOUND FLOWER BUTTER - HOME IS WHERE …
ORANGE BLOSSOM HONEY BUTTER — SMART IN THE KITCHEN
ORANGE-CARDAMOM BUTTER CAKES WITH ROSE WATER ICING
COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG FAIRY BUTTER - WILLIAMSBURG VISITOR
ORANGE FLOWER WATER - INGREDIENT - FINECOOKING
ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER RECIPE - THIS HEALTHY TABLE
ORANGE BLOSSOM SHORTBREAD - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
ORANGE FAIRY CAKES WITH FAIRY BUTTER FROM THE FLORAL BAKER: CAKES ...
ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER RECIPES AND ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER FOOD
MAKE YOUR OWN ORANGE FLOWER WATER - THE SPRUCE EATS
FLORAL AND FLAVOURED BUTTER: ROSEMARY FLOWER BUTTER WITH GRANA …
ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER, FOOD, RECIPES - PINTEREST
HOW TO MAKE BUTTER GARNISH FLOWER AND MORE - GALA IN THE KITCHEN
PASTRY AND SWEETS - MAUREEN ABOOD
10 WAYS TO USE ORANGE BLOSSOM WATER : PERFUME, BEAUTY, FOOD
ITALIAN ORANGE BLOSSOM AND ALMOND CAKE WITH ORANGE …
ORANGE BLOSSOM BUTTER COOKIES | BUFFALO FOODIE
You'll also love