FAJITA SEASONING MIX
Rather than buying fajita seasoning, it's easy to make your own. Approximately 2 tablespoons equals 1 store-bought seasoning packet.
Provided by Kathy
Categories Tex Mex
Yield 10 teaspoons
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use as needed in recipes calling for fajita seasoning.
FLAVORFUL CHICKEN FAJITAS
This chicken fajitas recipe is definitely on my weeknight dinner rotation. The marinated chicken in these popular wraps is mouthwatering. The fajitas go together in a snap and always get raves! -Julie Sterchi, Campbellsville, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours. , In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. , Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through. , Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Fat 15g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 689mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
This is a great recipe to make your own fajita seasoning. No bouillon cubes means this is perfect for vegetarians too! Make up a larger batch and store in an airtight container for future use.
Provided by Traci Meeds
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Stir cornstarch, chili powder, salt, paprika, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin together in a small bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 20.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.6 g, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 595.8 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
Make your own spice mix using storecupboard staples. Use in fajitas instead of a ready-made spice mix, or rub onto meats and vegetables for an extra dose of flavour in other meals
Provided by Esther Clark
Yield Makes 1 small jar
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Tip into a small jar or container and store in a dark, cool place. Use as you wish, adding 1 tsp at a time to a dish according to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 14 calories, Fat 1 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.3 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.06 milligram of sodium
More about "fajita seasoning recipes"
THE VERY BEST STEAK FAJITAS RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
4.9/5 (182)Category BeefCuisine MexicanTotal Time 3 hrs 30 mins
- STEAK MARINADE: Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large shallow bowl. Give it a taste and check for seasonings, adjust to preference. Coat the steak with the marinade and let sit covered in the refrigerator for at least 2-4 hours and ideally overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minute prior to cooking.
- Set a large cast iron skillet or pan over high heat and let heat up for a couple of minutes. Add the steak to the pan and fry on each side for about 3-5 minutes or longer if you'd like it more done. Feel for desired firmness. The 3 minutes/side will yield a medium rare doneness. If the pan becomes too hot, reduce the heat to medium high. Remove the steak from the pan and allow to rest for several minutes tented with a piece of foil. Slice the meat against the grain into thin slices. I like to do so on an angle so the meat slices are tender and thin.
- FAJITA VEGGIES: Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan over high heat, add in the onions, poblano, and bell peppers. Let the veggies begin to sizzle and toss as necessary, cook for a total of 2-3 minutes or longer if you prefer them softer, season with a pinch of salt and pepper. [b]If your pan is small, cook the veggies in a few batches so they don't steam.[/b]
THE BEST FAJITA SEASONING RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
5/5 (5)Servings 20Cuisine MexicanCategory Dinner See details »
HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS WIFE
5/5 (13)Calories 22 per servingCategory Snack See details »
THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING FAJITA SEASONING RECIPE (+ VIDEO ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
FAJITA SEASONING (BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT) | DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
5/5 (14)Calories 39 per servingCategory Seasoning See details »
FAJITA SEASONING RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
Servings 8Total Time 5 mins See details »
THE BEST HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (2)Total Time 5 minsCategory SeasoningCalories 26 per serving See details »
HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Cuisine MexicanCategory Spice BlendServings 0.33Total Time 5 mins See details »
EASY HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (73)Total Time 5 minsCategory SeasoningsCalories 20 per serving See details »
FAJITA SEASONING - FOOD BLOG WITH AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RECIPES
3.6/5 (11)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory CondimentCalories 27 per serving
- Add the guajillo, arból chiles, coriander seed to your blender and blend for about 30 seconds until you have a fine powder.
HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING | LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
5/5 (18)Total Time 5 minsCategory SeasoningCalories 8 per serving See details »
HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING — SALT & BAKER
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 minsCategory SeasoningCalories 75 per serving
- Sitr the cornstarch, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onnion powder, and cayenne together in a bowl. Store in a ziplock bag or airtight container until ready to use.
HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING | ANYA'S COOKBOOK
Cuisine MexicanEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory SeasoningTotal Time 5 mins
- In a small mason jar or spice jar, combine together all of the above spices and mix well. Seal tightly. This recipe easily doubles.
- Store in an airtight container and use to season any meat, seafood, vegetables, soups, casseroles, rice and more!
HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING: A MEXICAN SPICE BLEND YOU'LL ...
Cuisine MexicanCategory Condiments And SeasoningsServings 6Total Time 2 mins See details »
20-MINUTE EASY CHICKEN FAJITA RECIPE WITH FAJITA SEASONING
Cuisine MexicanCategory Main DishServings 4Calories 601 per serving
- In a small mixing bowl combine 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lime juice, 2 teaspoons of fajita seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Give it a very good mix.
- Now, coat each side of chicken tenders with fajita seasoning marinate. Next, using a nonstick skillet or cast iron preheat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, add chicken tenders and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat or until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer to a cutting board. Once cooled, cut into bite size pieces.
FAJITA SEASONING DIY SPICE BLEND RECIPE - PRESERVED KITCHEN
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Store in dry, dark cupboard to last 6 months. Makes approximately 1 cup, 275 grams. Add 1 teaspoon into the dish per person.
HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING - QUICK AND SIMPLE FAJITA ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 5 minsCategory Mixes And SeasoningsCalories 19 per serving See details »
FAJITA SEASONING (EASY RECIPE!) | THE ENDLESS MEAL®
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 minsCategory SpicesCalories 20 per serving
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl. You can double or triple the recipe and keep the extra on hand for later.
SIMPLE HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING MIX RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
5/5 (6)Calories 5 per servingCategory Condiment See details »
THE BEST FAJITA SEASONING BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT ...
5/5 (6)Total Time 5 minsCategory Spice BlendCalories 38 per serving See details »
FAJITA SEASONING - JO COOKS
4.9/5 (15)Calories 1 per servingCategory Spice See details »
THE BEST FAJITA SEASONING RECIPE | SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 5 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 12 per serving See details »
FAJITA SEASONING | CULINARY HILL
5/5 (65)Calories 24 per servingCategory Pantry See details »
CROCKPOT CHICKEN FAJITA - RECIPEMAGIK
See details »
FAJITA RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
See details »
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #healthy #condiments-etc #mexican #easy #herb-and-spice-mixes #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #high-calcium #cooking-mixes #high-in-something #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love