FALAFELS WITH HUMMUS & TABBOULEH
Make your own chickpea and butter bean fritters and serve with a herby couscous salad - the recipe makes enough for two meals
Provided by Jennifer Irvine
Categories Main course
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and put a non-stick baking tray inside. For the falafels, heat a large non-stick frying pan, add the cumin and coriander seeds and dry-fry until fragrant (1-2 mins), stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from the pan.
- Put the seeds, the remaining falafel ingredients and some seasoning into a food processor and blitz until you have a chunky paste. If it seems too dry, add 1 tsp water and blitz again until you have the consistency of damp sand. Using your hands, divide the mixture into 12 falafel balls and chill for 30 mins.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. When hot, add the falafel balls, pressing down into the pan to make patties. Leave to cook, without turning, for 2-3 mins, then check to make sure they're brown and crisp. Turn and cook the other side for 2 mins more. Remove from the pan, transfer to the baking tray in the oven and cook for a further 10 mins. Meanwhile, prepare the barley couscous following pack instructions.
- For the hummus, put all the ingredients, except the lemon, into a food processor and blitz to form a stiff paste. With the motor running, slowly add the lemon juice and up to 3 tbsp water to get it to the consistency of your choice.
- For the tabbouleh, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and some black pepper in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, combine the rest of the tabbouleh ingredients, along with the cooked couscous, and add the dressing. Mix well.
- Put aside 4 falafels and 4 tbsp hummus in the fridge for Stuffed Moroccan pittas (see 'goes well with', right). Serve the remaining falafels with the remaining hummus and the tabbouleh.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 509 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 73 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 14 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 1.6 milligram of sodium
FALAFEL WITH HUMMUS
Falafel makes a great appetizer when paired with hummus for dipping. For a quick meal, serve atop a salad or inside pita bread with lettuce, tomatoes, and a drizzle of tahini.
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Yield Makes 6 servings (3 patties each)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Puree canned garbanzo beans, chopped onion, 3 tablespoons all purpose flour, garlic pepper spice blend, ground cumin, baking powder, and salt in processor until coarse puree forms. Add chopped Italian parsley; process just to blend. Generously sprinkle plate with all purpose flour. Roll level tablespoonfuls garbanzo bean mixture into balls; transfer balls to plate. Roll falafel in flour to coat generously; flatten balls slightly.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into heavy large skillet to reach depth of 1/2 inch. Heat oil to 375°F. Working in 2 batches, fry falafel patties until deep brown, turning once, about 3 minutes. Transfer falafel patties to paper towels to drain. Serve falafel with hummus.
FALAFEL WITH HUMMUS AND TABBOULEH
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine beans, green onions, garlic, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, cumin, baking powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste in a food processor; pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped and beginning to come together.
- Form mixture into 8 golf ball-sized rounds. Place on a greased baking sheet; press to slightly flatten. Bake until crispy and light gold, about 18 minutes. Place baking sheet on a wire rack.
- While falafel bakes, heat a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Warm pita bread in batches, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to paper towels.
- Spread each round of pita with 2 tablespoons hummus; top with two falafel rounds. Top with 1 tablespoon tabbouleh and 1 tablespoon lettuce. Top with 1 tablespoon kalamata olives, a dash of hot sauce, tomatoes and cucumbers. Fold like a taco to eat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367.4, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 1213.8, Carbohydrate 65.5, Fiber 8.8, Sugar 1.3, Protein 13.9
FALAFEL WITH TABBOULEH AND TAHINI SAUCE
This recipe plays up Middle Eastern flavors and includes lots of fresh green herbs in the tabbouleh and falafel. Adding pomegranate molasses to the tahini lightens up the fat content and the yogurt also gives the sesame paste the lighter acidic kick it needs, helping the lemon juice.
Provided by Anne Burrell
Yield 4 servings (12 falafel)
Number Of Ingredients 33
- For the falafel: To the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, cilantro, parsley, chickpea flour, ground cumin, salt, baking soda, onions and garlic. Pulse until the mixture is a coarse paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and then pulse again to make sure the ingredients are fully combined. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and set aside to rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Add the sesame seeds, baking powder and cayenne. Mix to combine.
- Scoop the mixture using a 3-ounce cookie scoop and place onto a sheet tray. Roll each falafel into a ball and then lightly squish into patties. Dust each patty with chickpea flour.
- Fill a large high-sided pan with 1 inch of canola oil and add the olive oil. Turn on the heat to low and gently heat the oil until it shimmers. Test the oil with a pinch of flour; if it sizzles, the oil is ready. Working in batches, fry the falafel, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, season immediately with kosher salt, then transfer to a sheet tray lined with a rack. Repeat with remaining falafel patties.
- For the tabbouleh: Add the bulgur and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into a large, heat-resistant bowl. Mix with a spoon to coat the bulgur with the oil. Cover the bulgur with the boiling water, cover with plastic wrap and set aside to steam for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain the soaked bulgur through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the water. Spread the bulgur onto a quarter sheet tray to cool.
- Add the garlic paste, lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Put the cooled bulgur, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, scallions, parsley and mint into another large bowl. Fold the dressing into the bulgur mixture and season with kosher salt to taste.
- For the tahini sauce: Add the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses and kosher salt to taste into a bowl. Whisk to combine. If the mixture is too thick, you can thin it out with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water.
- To serve, plate the romaine lettuce and top with the falafel. Serve alongside the toasted pita bread, tabbouleh and top with a drizzle of tahini sauce.
BACON FALAFEL BITES WITH HUMMUS
- Position a rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Put the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and 1/3 cup water in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until completely smooth and slightly fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Place in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Put the bacon slices on a rack set over a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, and then crumble or cut with a knife into bite-size pieces.
- Prepare the falafel mix according to the package directions, adding the bacon to the mixture. Using a leveled tablespoon as a measure, form the mixture into small balls, about 24 total. Place the formed falafel balls onto a baking sheet.
- Fill a large skillet with 1/2 inch canola oil and heat until a deep-fry thermometer inserted in the oil registers 350 degrees F. In batches, fry the falafel balls until golden brown all over, 1 to 2 minutes total per batch. Use tongs or a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked falafel balls to a paper-towel lined plate to absorb any excess oil. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt.
- To assemble, place 2 to 3 slices of both tomato and cucumber down the center of each lettuce leaf. Top with a falafel ball. Drizzle with some hummus and garnish with a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper.
FALAFEL AND HUMMUS IN A BLENDER RECIPE BY TASTY
Did you know you could whip up an entire dinner in using your blender? We're not talking protein shakes or smoothie bowls, either. Think creamy, herby falafel, roasted red pepper hummus, and fresh tzatziki sauce. It's a meal that will leave your tastebuds spinning.
Provided by Tikeyah Whittle
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 31
- Make the falafel: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until it reaches 375°F (190°C).
- Add the shallot, parsley, and garlic to a blender and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the chickpeas, cumin, coriander, pepper, salt, flour, and olive oil and blend until combined, but still slightly chunky, 15-20 pulses, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and rinse out the blender.
- Scoop the falafel mixture into 2-tablespoon portions and gently roll into balls, then flatten slightly. Place on the prepared baking sheet. You should have about 12 balls.
- Working in batches, fry the falafel balls in the hot oil for 2-4 minutes, until dark golden brown. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain, then arrange on a serving platter, garnish with parsley, and set aside while you make the dips.
- Make the roasted red pepper hummus: Add the chickpeas, roasted red peppers, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, pepper, and salt to the blender. Purée until smooth, adding the water 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Transfer to a serving bowl and rinse out the blender.
- Make the tzatziki sauce: Add the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, mint to the blender. Purée until mostly smooth, but still with some texture. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with more dill.
- Serve the falafel, hummus, and tzatziki with pitas, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber.
More about "falafels with hummus tabbouleh recipes"
TABBOULEH, HUMMUS AND PITA PLATTER RECIPE
FALAFEL WITH HUMMUS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.4/5 (7)Total Time 55 minsServings 6
- Pulse garbanzo beans, onion, 3 Tbsp. flour, garlic pepper spice blend, cumin, baking powder, and salt in a food processor until coarse puree forms. Add chopped Italian parsley; process just to blend. Generously sprinkle plate with all-purpose flour. Roll level tablespoonfuls garbanzo bean mixture into balls; transfer balls to plate. Roll falafel in flour to coat generously; flatten balls slightly.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a heavy large skillet to reach depth of ½". Heat oil to 375°. Working in 2 batches, fry falafel patties until deep brown, turning once, about 3 minutes. Transfer falafel patties to paper towels to drain. Serve falafel with hummus.
EASY HUMMUS FALAFELS - THE ADVENTURE BITE
CRISPY BAKED FALAFELS WITH WINTER TABBOULEH, TAHINI + ZA’ATAR
RECIPE FOR CAULIFLOWER TABBOULEH WITH HUMMUS AND FALAFELS
TOFU FALAFEL WITH HUMMUS AND TABOULI RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
TABBOULEH STYLE HUMMUS | 12 TOMATOES
MINI FALAFEL WAFFLES WITH TABBOULEH SALAD - HOPE FOODS
FALAFEL WITH HUMMUS AND TABBOULEH.
HUMMUS, TABBOULEH & BABA GANOUSH - SIPS, NIBBLES & BITES
FALAFEL, HUMMUS AND TABBOULEH WRAPS — ZACCHARY BIRD
VEGAN HUMMUS PLATTER WITH FALAFEL, TABBOULEH & MAKALI
FALAFEL PLATE RECIPE WITH HUMMUS SAUCE | SIMPLE FALAFEL PLATTER
FALAFEL SALAD BOWL - VIKALINKA
FALAFEL WITH HUMMUS AND TABBOULEH.
KALE FALAFEL HUMMUS WRAPS (30 MINUTES!) - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
FALAFELS WITH HUMMUS & TABBOULEH – COOKER APP
FALAFEL WITH COUSCOUS TABBOULEH SALAD - OH SO DELICIOSO
HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE FALAFEL PLATTER MENU | EPICURIOUS.COM
WHAT GOES GREAT WITH FALAFEL? TABBOULEH OF COURSE!
FALAFEL TABBOULEH BOWLS WITH TZATZIKI RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HUMMUS 3 WAYS — GEE SO SIMPLE
EASY AUTHENTIC FALAFEL RECIPE: STEP-BY-STEP - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
HEALTHY FALAFELS WITH HUMMUS & TABBOULEH | RECIPES UPDATE
FALAFEL SOUVLAKI WITH TABBOULEH AND HUMMUS - MY FOOD BAG
FALAFELS WITH HUMMUS & TABBOULEH | RECIPE | WHOLE FOOD RECIPES, …
EASY VEGAN FALAFEL RECIPE (BAKED) - LETTUCE VEG OUT
FALAFEL AND HUMMUS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FALAFEL WRAP - A MUST-TRY VEGAN MIDDLE EASTERN RECIPE
BAKED PUMPKIN FALAFEL BOWL WITH HERBY HUMMUS AND ROASTED …
FALAFELS WITH HUMMUS & TABBOULEH | RECIPE | WHOLE FOOD RECIPES, …
FALAFEL WITH HUMMUS AND TABBOULEH | RECIPES
TABBOULEH HUMMUS - FOXES LOVE LEMONS
FALAFEL BOWL WITH “TABBOULEH” RICE - COOKING WITH COCKTAIL RINGS
SWEET POTATO FALAFELS WITH TABBOULEH - GEE SO SIMPLE
FALAFEL PLATE (WITH HUMMUS AND TAHINI) - THE FAST RECIPE FOOD BLOG
FALAFEL BOWL WITH “TABBOULEH” RICE | RECIPE | GREEK RECIPES ...
FALAFEL AND HUMMUS BUDDHA BOWL RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make hummus and tabbouleh at home?For the hummus, put all the ingredients, except the lemon, into a food processor and blitz to form a stiff paste. With the motor running, slowly add the lemon juice and up to 3 tbsp water to get it to the consistency of your choice. For the tabbouleh, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and some black pepper in a small bowl.
How to make falafel with tahini sauce?For the tahini sauce: Add the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses and kosher salt to taste into a bowl. Whisk to combine. If the mixture is too thick, you can thin it out with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. To serve, plate the romaine lettuce and top with the falafel.
What is the best way to make falafel?For the falafel: To the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, cilantro, parsley, chickpea flour, ground cumin, salt, baking soda, onions and garlic. Pulse until the mixture is a coarse paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and then pulse again to make sure the ingredients are fully combined.
What goes well with tabbouleh?For the tabbouleh, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and some black pepper in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, combine the rest of the tabbouleh ingredients, along with the cooked couscous, and add the dressing. Mix well. Put aside 4 falafels and 4 tbsp hummus in the fridge for Stuffed Moroccan pittas (see 'goes well with', right).