DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in cocoa and baking powder. Beat for 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in flour by hand. Mix in white chocolate and chocolate chips. Cover dough, and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Divide dough into two parts, and roll each part into a 9 inch long log. Place logs on lightly greased cookie sheet, about 4 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool for one hour.
- Cut each loaf into 1/2 inch wide diagonal slices. Place slices on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C) for 9 minutes. Turn cookies over, and bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12.7 g, Cholesterol 17.8 mg, Fat 5.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 53 mg, Sugar 7.4 g
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
Not fond of biscotti? Try this moister version that's especially good with a hot cup of coffee. It has such a chocolaty taste and sweet drizzle on top that you won't even know it's been lightened up.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and extracts. Beat in sugar. Combine the flour, pecans, cocoa and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips., On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape dough into a 14x3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes., Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool., For icing, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in milk, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until hardened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 67mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
FANTASTIC DOUBLE CHOCOLATE-PECAN BISCOTTI
Since biscotti is a huge favorite at my house I am always searching for good biscotti recipes, this one is fantastic! --- if you make biscotti and love chocolate, then this is a recipe you should try! --- since the batter is quite stiff this dough is best prepared on a heavy-duty stand mixer, the recipe can be completely doubled to make four logs, they will keep tightly covered at room temperature for one week, or frozen for one month, feel free to use any other chopped nuts that you desired, walnuts work great with this also :)
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 30 biscotti
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a large baking/cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl with an electric mixer beat together 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons softened butter with 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add in eggs and beat until well combined.
- Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough.
- Stir in chopped pecans and mini chocolate chips; mix to combine.
- Divide the dough in half or you can make 4 smaller logs for easier handing and cutting if desired).
- On the greased baking sheet, shape into two slightly flattened logs (about 12-inches long and about 2-inches wide).
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Bake logs for 35 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Cool the logs on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove logs to a cutting board.
- Cut the logs diagonally into about 3/4-inch slices.
- Place back on the baking sheet.
- Return to oven and bake for about another 7-10 minutes (depending on how crisp you like them).
- Cool on a rack.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE, ORANGE AND HAZELNUT BISCOTTI
Biscotti are easier to make than you might think, and they're delicious with breakfast or as a snack. They store well for over a week in a sealed jar or bag. I came up with this recipe when trying to use odds and ends I had in the house. Although we love to munch on all kinds of biscotti, this variety is especially amazing-just try one with coffee or espresso! -Sarah Knoblock, Hyde Park, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place hazelnuts in a resealable plastic bag; crush nuts using a mallet or rolling pin., Beat egg, sugar and milk until light and thick; add vanilla. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir in orange zest. Gradually beat into egg mixture (dough will be thick). Fold in chocolate chips and crushed hazelnuts by hand., On an ungreased baking sheet, shape dough into a 9x5-in. rectangle. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool on pans on wire racks until firm, 5-10 minutes. , Reduce oven setting to 325°. Transfer baked rectangle to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on baking sheet, cut sides down. Return to oven and bake until crisp, 6-8 minutes on each side. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 112 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 105mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic exchanges
CHOCOLATE PECAN BISCOTTI
- Place the yeast, instant coffee, cocoa, four, sugar, ricotta cheese, butter, eggs, milk and chocolate hazelnut spread into the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Set the machine for DOUGH and press the START button. At the beep- or at the end of the second knead, add the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Grease a large baking sheet. Form the dough into two thick logs about 3 1/2 inches wide and 12 inches long. Cover and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake biscotti for 40 to 45 minutes, until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Using a sharp serrated knife, slice the logs into 1/2 inch wide slices. Lay the slices cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, turn and bake 5 minutes more, until dry. Do not brown.
- When the biscotti are completely cool, make the chocolate dip. In a small saucepan, heat cream until scalding hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the semisweet chocolate until smooth. Allow to cool slightly. Dip biscotti halfway into the chocolate and set onto waxed paper to dry. Store in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate. These will keep for several weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105.6 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Cholesterol 14.9 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 6.7 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Finely chop half the pecans, and leave remaining ones in halves; set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine baking powder, flour, sugar, and salt. In a bowl, beat eggs, yolks, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; mix on medium low until sticky dough is formed. Stir in pecans, cranberries, and zest.
- Turn dough out onto well-floured board; sprinkle with flour, and knead slightly. Shape into 9-by-3 1/2-inch logs. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 275 degrees.
- On cutting board, cut logs on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Return pieces cut side down to baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, about 20 minutes. Turn over. Bake until slightly dry, about 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9x5x3-inch metal loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl to blend. Beat in eggs, then chocolate syrup. Beat in flour, baking powder and salt (dough will be soft). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread half of batter in each prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Turn loaves out onto rack and cool 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Using long serrated knife, cut each warm loaf crosswise into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, on 2 baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes. Turn slices over. Bake until just golden, about 10 minutes. Cool biscotti completely. Store airtight at room temperature up to 3 days.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE WALNUT BISCOTTI
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and butter and flour a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined well. Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- On prepared baking sheet with floured hands form dough into two slightly flattened logs, each 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Bake logs 35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool biscotti on baking sheet 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Cool biscotti on a rack. Biscotti keep in airtight containers 1 week and frozen, 1 month.
More about "fantastic double chocolate pecan biscotti recipes"
CHOCOLATE PECAN BISCOTTI - BAKER BY NATURE
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Breakfast
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium-sized microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, on low power, in 15 second increments, stirring after each increment, until completely melted; whisk smooth. If you do not own a microwave, you may do the previous step on the stove top using a double boiler. Once cooled, carefully dip one side of a biscotti into the melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl before immediately sprinkling it with pecan bits and placing it back on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Repeat with all biscotti cookies. Once all cookies have been dipped, place the baking sheet in the fridge for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertsCalories 110 per serving
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl and mixing well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and stir on low speed until just combined.
- Dust a work surface with flour. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the sticky dough out onto the work surface and dust the top of the dough lightly with flour. Using your hands, shape the dough into a rough ball (if it's still too sticky, dust with a bit more flour) and cut in half. Form the dough pieces into two short logs by rolling back and forth. Place the logs onto the prepared baking sheet and shape into longer logs about 3/4-inch high and 2 inches wide. Allow enough space for the logs to spread a few inches while they bake. Bake for about 35 minutes, until firm to the touch. Let the biscotti logs cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, or until just cool enough to touch (if you wait any longer, the biscotti will be difficult to cut); then, using a sharp knife, slice the logs on the diagonal into 3/4-inch slices (I do this right on the baking sheet). They will crumble just a bit; don't worry about it. Turn the biscotti on their sides (so that the cut sides are down) and place back in th
CHOCOLATE-PECAN BISCOTTI RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (1)Category Food, Desserts, CookiesServings 48Total Time 2 hrs 5 mins
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP & PECAN BISCOTTI - VEGANOSITY
Reviews 8Category DessertCuisine Italian, VeganTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together and make a well for the wet ingredients. Pour the orange extract, vanilla and the aquafaba into the well and stir until just combined. Add the pecans and chocolate chips and stir until combined. Make sure your hands are clean and begin kneading the dough until the flour is fully incorporated and it forms a ball. If the dough is too crumbly, the flour may be too dehydrated. Add a tbsp of water at a time until the dough forms a solid ball. You don’t want it to be wet, just pliable.
- Divide the dough evenly into two pieces and form two logs on the cookie sheet that are approximately 12x3 inches. Bake for 25 minutes and remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F
- Gently remove the logs from the cookie sheet and place on a clean hard surface and slice diagonally into 1-inch slices. For best results use a sharp serrated knife and gently saw through the log. Don’t press to hard or you may crack the log. Patience is key! Lay the cookies flat on the cookie sheet and bake for approximately 20 more minutes or until lightly golden brown and firm.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ALMOND BISCOTTI, BEST BISCOTTI | JENNY ...
Servings 24Total Time 1 hr 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
BUTTER PECAN BISCOTTI | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.9/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 22 minsServings 60Calories 78 per serving
FANTASTIC DOUBLE CHOCOLATE-PECAN BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD ...
FANTASTIC DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PECAN BISCOTTI
FANTASTIC DOUBLE CHOCOLATE-PECAN BISCOTTI RECIPE - FOOD ...
FANTASTIC DOUBLE CHOCOLATE-PECAN BISCOTTI RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
CHOCOLATE PECAN BISCOTTI- TFRECIPES
FANTASTIC DOUBLE CHOCOLATE-PECAN BISCOTTI RECIPE - GENIUS ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #desserts #fruit #oven #easy #dinner-party #holiday-event #kid-friendly #cookies-and-brownies #chocolate #nuts #dietary #biscotti #brunch #taste-mood #sweet #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make chocolate pecan biscotti?Save some for yourself, because these Chocolate-Pecan Biscotti taste great with an afternoon cup of coffee. Start by blending softened butter and sugar until creamy, then add eggs and vanilla. Stir dry ingredients together and gradually blend into the butter mixture, then add chopped nuts.
How to bake double chocolate biscotti?Double Chocolate Biscotti. Ingredients. Instructions. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
How do you make cookie dough with pecans?In a large bowl, beat the eggs and extracts. Beat in sugar. Combine the flour, pecans, cocoa and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape dough into a 14x3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
How long does it take to bake pecans and biscuits?Yield: about 60 biscotti. Toast pecans by placing them in a single layer on an ungreased pan and baking them in a preheated 350°F oven for 7 to 9 minutes, or until they smell "toasty" and are beginning to brown.