FARFALLE WITH PESTO
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a food processor or blender, process the pine nuts, garlic and basil leaves until finely chopped.
- With the processor running, pour in the olive oil until combined.
- Add the cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss the pesto with the pasta.
- Mix in the peas, cucumber and green onions.
- Serve garnished with basil leaves.
FARFALLE PASTA SALAD WITH BROCCOLI PESTO
Broccoli pesto? Yes, please! Pulse florets with parsley, pistachios, Parmesan and dressing. It's a great sauce for this pasta dish.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium saucepan boil broccoli florets with enough water to cover. Approximately 5 minutes. Remove florets with a slotted spoon and place on a plate to cool. Reserve the water to cook pasta in.
- In a food processor, pulse broccoli, parsley, 2 tablespoons pistachios, parmesan cheese and dressing until finely chopped and combined; approximately 30 seconds.
- Cook farfalle pasta according to package. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water. Drain and return pasta to the pot.
- Over low heat, add the pesto and chopped peppers to the pot and ¼ cup of reserved water. Toss to combine. Add more water to thin out pesto if necessary. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until sweet peppers begin to soften.
- Serve with a baby arugula salad dressed with remaining Italian dressing. Sprinkle with remaining pistachios.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
FARFALLE WITH BROCCOLI PESTO
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Toast hazelnuts, shaking skillet often, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook broccoli in boiling water until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander with a slotted spoon. Bring water back to a boil and add farfalle; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop cooled hazelnuts. Place hazelnuts, broccoli, parsley, mint, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Season pesto with salt and pepper.
- Drain farfalle, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Toss farfalle with pesto, reserved cooking water, and capers until well coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 584.3 calories, Carbohydrate 70.3 g, Fat 29.2 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 15.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 104.3 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
FARFALLE WITH BROCCOLI
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally. After 5 minutes, add the broccoli florets to the pasta and stir and cook for another 4 minutes. Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, anchovies, and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, pasta, salt and pepper and toss. Add some of the reserved pasta water, if necessary, to make a light sauce. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan.
BROCCOLI, PASTA, AND PESTO SALAD
If you've never tried pesto before, this is the recipe to start with. Maybe, once you try pesto, you'll be encouraged to add basil to your kitchen garden!
Provided by wildheart
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook and drain pasta; cool.
- Combine pasta, meat, broccoli, and cheeses in large bowl.
- Put basil and garlic in food processor or blender; whiz.
- Add mayo to food processor or blender.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Stir into pasta mix.
- Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- During the last 1/2 hour of chilling time, toss once to mix.
- For color contrast, serve with cherry tomatoes, cut in halves.
- 1. Combine the peppers, onion, peas, scallions, and olives in a bowl. Reserve.
- 2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil with the olive oil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Remove the pasta to a bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- 3. Add the pesto and reserved vegetables to the pasta; toss to combine. Toss with cheese and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let it rest at room temperature. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature 30 minutes before serving. Add more pesto and hot water to thin if necessary.
FARFALLE AND BROCCOLI SALAD WITH GORGONZOLA DRESSING
- Cook broccoli stems in large pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes. Add florets and cook until stems and florets are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes longer. Using slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to strainer. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Bring same pot of water to boil. Add pasta; cook until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, and vinegar in large bowl. Add half of Gorgonzola cheese. Using rubber spatula, mash until cheese is almost smooth. Stir in remaining cheese. Add pasta, green onions, celery, parsley, and broccoli; toss to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
More about "farfalle pasta salad with broccoli pesto recipes"
FARFALLE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI PESTO - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Servings 6Total Time 30 minsCategory Dried Pasta-Vegetables
- Bring to boil, a large pot (pasta pot) of lightly salted water, and cook the broccoli for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon and set aside, and then add the pasta to the water the broccoli was cooked in and cook until "al dente".
- While the pasta is cooking, place the broccoli in a food processor with the parsley, pine nuts, lemon juice and zest, anchovy fillet, garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes.
FARFALLE WITH BROCCOLI RABE PESTO | BIG LOVE COOKING BY JOEY …
FARFALLE WITH SMOKE SALMON AND BROCCOLI PESTO | METRO
CREAMY ITALIAN PASTA SALAD - FARFALLE PASTA SALAD RECIPES
FARFALLE PASTA SALAD | SO DELICIOUS
LEMON BROCCOLI PESTO PASTA - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
10 BEST FARFALLE PASTA SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
FARFALLE PASTA SALAD WITH PEAS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
23 CLASSIC FARFALLE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
BROCCOLI STEM PESTO PASTA SALAD WITH GARLIC, BASIL, BROCCOLI …
BROCCOLI PESTO PASTA SALAD RECIPE - I HEART UMAMI®
LOW-WASTE BROCCOLI PESTO PASTA SALAD | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
CAPRESE PASTA SALAD WITH PESTO - JERSEY GIRL COOKS
ITALIAN FARFALLE PASTA SALAD RECIPE - SALTY CANARY
CAJUN CHICKEN FARFALLE PASTA SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
FARFALLE PASTA SALAD RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FARFALLE WITH BROCCOLI PESTO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FARFALLE PASTA SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FARFALLE PASTA SALAD BEST RECIPES
FARFALLE PASTA SALAD MEDITERRANEAN STYLE (W/ MINI BOW TIE PASTA)
BROCCOLI PESTO PASTA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BROCCOLI PESTO PASTA SALAD - THE LEAN GREEN BEAN
MEDITERRANEAN FARFALLE PASTA SALAD - COOK NOURISH BLISS
PASTA SALAD WITH PESTO - ONCE UPON A CHEF
20 FANTASTIC FARFALLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
BROCCOLI GRAPE PASTA SALAD - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
GLOBAL FEAST TABLE: FARFALLE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI PESTO
EASY PESTO PASTA SALAD - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
BOW TIE SHRIMP PASTA RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
PESTO BOWTIE SALAD - EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES
CHICKEN FUSILLI RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BARILLA® FARFALLE PESTO CAPRESE SALAD
FARFALLE PASTA SALAD RECIPES PERFECT FOR SUMMERTIME - BARILLA
ROASTED BROCCOLI PASTA SALAD WITH HEMP PESTO (V/GF)
WARM TUNA AND BROCCOLI PASTA SALAD | RICARDO
10 BEST ITALIAN FARFALLE PASTA RECIPES - YUMMLY
FARFALLE WITH CHICKEN, BROCCOLI WITH PESTO GENOVESE | RECIPE CART
FARFALLE AND BROCCOLI RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Broccoli pasta salad?Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the pasta and cook according to package directions. The last two minutes add in the broccoli. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl toss together pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and olives. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top of broccoli pasta salad.
What is farfalle pasta salad?This Farfalle Pasta Salad Mediterranean Style is great for entertaining! It tastes really fresh, and since it’s not mayonnaise based, this cold pasta salad can maintain much longer on those hot summer days. Therefore this Mediterranean pasta salad is the perfect option for summer parties or picnics.
Can you make Broccoli pesto ahead of time?Toss pasta with broccoli pesto, adding more pasta cooking liquid as needed to coat evenly. Toss in reserved broccoli florets and season with salt and pepper. Do Ahead: Broccoli pesto can be made up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then press plastic wrap directly on surface before covering to avoid discoloration and chill.
How to cook fresh Broccoli and broccoli Parmesan?Add the garlic, anchovies, and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, pasta, salt and pepper and toss. Add some of the reserved pasta water, if necessary, to make a light sauce.