CHUNKY VEGETABLES WITH FUSILLI
Party on, pasta! Festive fusilli, tossed with roma (plum) tomatoes, garlic, chili peppers, olives and herbs, makes a dish just right for a casual get-together.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In 6-quart Dutch oven, cook pasta as directed on package; drain and set aside.
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add capers and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until garlic is golden. Stir in tomatoes and chili. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pasta, olives, oregano and basil. Cover; simmer 10 minutes. Serve with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435, Carbohydrate 73 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 6 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 800 mg
FUSILLI WITH CHICKEN AND PEPPERS
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pastaaccording to package instructions. Reserve1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oilover medium-high. Pat chicken dry with papertowels and season with salt and pepper. Cook chickenuntil golden and cooked through, about 2 minutesper side, flipping once. Transfer to a plate and let rest5 minutes. With two forks, shred chicken.
- Wipe out skillet and heat 2 teaspoons oil overmedium-high. Add bell peppers and onion, seasonwith salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally,until vegetables are lightly browned and softened,about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley. Add vegetables andchicken to pasta. Toss, adding enough pastawater to coat pasta, and season with salt and pepper.To serve, drizzle with oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 528 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 37 g, SaturatedFat 2 g
MEAN GREEN FUSILLI
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place a skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter. When the butter has melted, add the chiles, garlic, onion and jalapeno. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes to start softening the onions. Add the cilantro, broth and wine. Turn up the heat and cook for 3 minutes until the sauce has boiled and reduced slightly.
- Drain the pasta and stir it into the sauce. Add the cream, then the Monterey Jack. Stir to coat the pasta and add salt and pepper. When the cheese has melted into the sauce and everything is combined, serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.
SOUTHWEST FUSILLI WITH TOMATOES, GARLIC AND CHILIES
- Prepare tomatoes:
- Bring medium pot of water to boil. Fill medium bowl with cold water and place on work surface close to pot. Cut shallow X through skin at bottom of tomatoes. Working in batches, add tomatoes to boiling water and cook 30 seconds to blanch. Using slotted spoon, transfer each batch of tomatoes to cold water to cool quickly
- Using small sharp knife as aid and starting at X on bottom, pull skin off tomatoes. Using same knife, make neat sone-shaped incision around core at stem end of each tomato; remove cores. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise; squeeze out seeds. Cut tomatoes into small dice and place in large bowl. Season with salt.
- Make fresh tomato sauce:
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over high heat. Add garlic and sauté just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour garlic oil over tomatoes and toss to blend. Mix in cilantro, onion, lime juice, chilies, tomato paste and chili powder. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Make pasta:
- Cook fusilli in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain fusilli well. Add fusilli and half of cheese to tomato sauce; toss to blend. Season pasta to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer past to large shallow serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
FUSILLI AS MADE BY LADIES OF THE EVENING
Puttanesca sauce originated in Naples and derives its name from "ladies of the evening." The story goes that, between clients, the women of the evening in Naples would make this quick and delicious pasta dish. The easy procedure and simple ingredients-found in the cupboard, most likely-created a quick dish they could make without any major interruption of business. This dish was big on the Italian American restaurant scene in the seventies, I guess because it called for authentic Italian ingredients that were newly available then. Cured olives and cured capers are used a lot in southern Italy, to deliver a wallop of flavor with a small investment, and so this traditional dish continues today in Italian homes and restaurants across America.
Yield serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for pasta. When the sauce is about halfway done, stir the pasta into the boiling water.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss in the garlic, and cook until it sizzles and is just golden around the edges, about 2 minutes. Add peperoncino, let toast a minute, then add the tomatoes. Slosh out the tomato can with 1 cup pasta water, add it to the skillet, and stir. Season with the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in the tuna and olives, bring the sauce to a simmer, and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add the capers and parsley, and simmer a few minutes more.
- When pasta is al dente, transfer the pasta to the sauce with tongs. Cook and toss the pasta in the sauce until all of the pasta is coated. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and toss again. Remove from heat, and toss with the grated cheese. Serve immediately.
FUSILLI WITH BACON, ONIONS, AND MUSHROOMS
- While bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil, heat oil and bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until bacon fat is rendered and bacon is golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add onion and a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Pushing onion and bacon to edge of skillet, add mushrooms to center, in a single layer as much as possible. Raise heat to medium-high, and cook, without stirring, until mushrooms begin to sizzle and brown, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, sprinkle mushrooms with salt, and stir onion and bacon into mushrooms. Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes.
- When water boils, add pasta to boiling water, and cook until almost al dente, about 10 minutes (do not drain water). Transfer pasta to skillet using a strainer. Reduce heat to low, and gradually stir in 1 cup pasta water, about 1/2 cup at a time. Toss over low heat until sauce is silky and pasta is well coated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Stir in mint or parsley, and half the cheese. Season with pepper. Divide among 4 bowls, and top with remaining cheese.
This light, healthy, meatless entree is quick and easy. We used low carb pasta. It came from Good Housekeeping.
Provided by Peprich
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Cook pasta according to directions, adding broccoli when 3 minutes of cooking time remain.
- Peel and smash garlic with side of chef's knife. Toss tomatoes with garlic, oil, and ¼ t. salt. Spread mixture in jelly-roll pan. Roast 15 minutes or until tomatoes wrinkle and begin to burst, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water; drain pasta and broccoli. Add reserved pasta cooking water to tomatoes, stirring to scrape up browned bits. Return pasta and broccoli to saucepot; stir in tomato mixture, cheese, ½ t. salt and ¼ t. freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445.9, Fat 9.1, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 14.7, Sodium 206.7, Carbohydrate 73.2, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 1.6, Protein 19.2
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Add pasta and cook as label directs, adding broccoli when 3 minutes of cooking time remain.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, toss tomatoes with garlic, oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Spread tomato mixture in 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan, and roast 15 minutes or until tomatoes wrinkle and begin to burst, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; drain pasta and broccoli. Add reserved pasta water to jelly-roll pan, stirring to scrape up any browned bits. Return pasta and broccoli to saucepot; stir in tomato mixture, Romano, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
More about "festive fusilli recipes"
FESTIVE FUSILLI - PASTA - HOLIDAY RECIPES - GOOD …
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main DishCalories 410 per serving
- Spread tomato mixture in 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan, and roast 15 minutes or until tomatoes wrinkle and begin to burst, stirring halfway through cooking time.
GLUTEN-FREE FESTIVE FUSILLI STUFFING FROM CATELLI®
FUSILLI WITH MEAT SAUCE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
FUSILLI PASTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SIMPLE FUSILLI PASTA RECIPE | SO CHEESY! SO CREAMY!
CREAMY TUSCAN SHRIMP FUSILLI IS AN EASY PASTA SHRIMP …
FUSILLI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FUSILLI SANS GLUTEN AVEC FARCE FESTIVE - CATELLI®
FUSILLI ALLA CAPRESE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HER TASTY LIFE FESTIVE FUSILLI | HOLIDAY TRADITIONS AT HOME
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
FESTIVE FUSILLI – COOKING WITH NIGELLA
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SPICY SEAFOOD FUSILLI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FUSILLI WITH CURRIED BEEF AND CAULIFLOWER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FUSILLI PASTA - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
LEARN HOW TO MAKE AND COOK FUSILLI PASTA. IT'S EASY! - GREEDY …
GLUTEN-FREE FESTIVE FUSILLI STUFFING FROM CATELLI® | RECIPE | PEANUT ...
BESTOFTHISLIFE.COM FESTIVE FUSILLI STUFFING RECIPES RECIPE
FESTIVE FUSILLI | JEANETTE | COPY ME THAT
10 AMAZING SPICY FUSILLI RECIPES - 800 HOT SAUCE
FESTIVE FUSILLI | RECIPE | HEALTHY RECIPES, EASY PASTA RECIPES, HEALTHY
SOUL-SATISFYING CREAMY GARLIC FUSILLI PASTA RECIPE
FESTIVE FUSILLI RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GLUTEN FREE FESTIVE FUSILLI STUFFING - CATELLI®
GLUTEN FREE FESTIVE FUSILLI STUFFING - CATELLI®
FUSILLI RECIPES - COOKING WITH NONNA
FESTIVE FUSILLI RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BEST FUSILLI WITH FRESH HERBS AND ARTICHOKES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ...
FUSILLI WITH CAULIFLOWER (FUSILLI CON CAVOLFIORE) - A FAMILY FEAST®
10 BEST FUSILLI ALFREDO RECIPES | YUMMLY
FESTIVE FUSILLI | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
10 FUSILLI RECIPES FOR THE WEEKEND - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
FESTIVE FUSILLI RECIPE
SPICED BROCCOLI FUSILLI RECIPE | PASTA RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
GLUTEN FREE FESTIVE FUSILLI STUFFING RECIPE LIST - SALEWHALE.CA
SPICY SHRIMP FUSILLI - THERE'S FOOD AT HOME
FUSILLONI RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
VACHON MINI FESTIVE LOG RECIPES - SALEWHALE.CA
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
#weeknight #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #main-dish #pasta #vegetables #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #broccoli #tomatoes #brunch
You'll also love