PASTA WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM-PEA SAUCE
Peas combine deliciously with wild mushrooms, such as chanterelles, but they are hard to come by this early in the season. You can still get the depth of flavor from more available creminis.
Provided by EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories Healthy Spaghetti Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and peas; cook until the pasta is tender and the peas are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook prosciutto, stirring, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms; stir to coat. Add wine and let simmer for 1 minute. Add broth, return to a simmer and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in cream and pepper.
- Drain the peas and pasta; return to the pan, add the mushroom sauce and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 calories, Carbohydrate 65.5 g, Cholesterol 27.8 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 13.9 g, Protein 21.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 618 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS
- Pour enough boiling water over dried tomatoes to cover. Let stand 10 minutes; drain. Chop tomatoes.
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- While fettuccine is cooking, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, parsley and basil in oil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes are heated.
- Beat cornstarch, salt and pepper into wine and broth in small bowl with wire whisk; stir into vegetable mixture. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; boil and stir 1 minute. Serve over fettuccine. Sprinkle with nuts and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 580 mg
PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS, WALNUTS, ASPARAGUS AND APPLES
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with salt. Add the pasta and cook 1 to 2 minutes less than the package instructions so it still has a bite to it (al dente). Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring continuously, until toasted, about 1 minute; take care not to burn them. Transfer the walnuts to a dish and reserve. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel if needed.
- Heat the oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in the flour and apples and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, wine, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bring to a simmer. Add the asparagus and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the drained pasta and toss to coat. Add a tablespoon or two of the pasta water if it starts to get dry, or more as needed. Add the walnuts and parsley. Serve immediately, sprinkled with nutritional yeast if desired.
Asparagus is in season, so celebrate with this satisfying meatless dish from Genise Krause of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. The tender spears pair beautifully with the creamy white sauce, which is tossed with fettuccine right in the skillet.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and garlic in butter until tender. , Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with asparagus mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396 calories, Fat 17g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 388mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS
Finding a 30-minute dish that's elegant enough for a dinner party is no simple task, but this warm-weather pasta is one to fit the bill. It is gleefully easy to put together. Just toss slices of blanched asparagus with a tangle of cooked fettuccine slicked with butter. Shower with grated Parmesan and serve.
Provided by Pierre Franey
Categories dinner, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cut off tough ends of asparagus spears. Cut each on the bias into 1-inch lengths. There should be about 1 1/2 cups. Rinse well and drain.
- Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook about 2 minutes. Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Drop the fettuccine into salted boiling water. Let cook to desired degree of doneness (cooking time will range from about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes for fresh pasta to 9 minutes or more for dried). Reserve 2 tablespoons cooking water. Drain the pasta.
- Heat the butter in the pot in which the pasta was cooked. Add the asparagus pieces and the fettuccine. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the reserved 2 tablespoons of cooking water and basil. Toss to blend. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 324, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 14 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 350 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
BAKED ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOM PASTA
Take classic Mediterranean flavors and make American-style comfort food for your family! If you are looking for a meatless meal, serve this with a salad and crusty bread. If your family prefers a protein, a rotisserie chicken or a slice of ham would be an easy and tasty addition to the lovely flavors of this casserole.
Provided by Bibi
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 7x11-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook gemelli at a boil until flexible but still firm to the bite, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and stir for 2 minutes. Add asparagus and mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms begin to soften and asparagus is bright green, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into a large mixing bowl. Drain pasta and stir into the bowl.
- Melt butter in the same skillet. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture bubbles, about 4 minutes. Pour in milk, stirring briskly to avoid lumps. Continue to stir until sauce thickens and bubbles again, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano and provolone cheese until melted.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and vegetables and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Taste and adjust seasonings. Toss remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano with bread crumbs and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.4 calories, Carbohydrate 46.1 g, Cholesterol 21.3 mg, Fat 13.3 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 15.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 311 mg, Sugar 4 g
ASPARAGUS WITH MUSHROOMS
This side dish is not fussy, but looks and tastes special. People say it's delicious.-Betty Jean Nichols, Eugene, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, saute asparagus and ginger in oil for 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add the mushrooms, salt, sugar and pepper. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 92 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 599mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
- Steam the asparagus until tender but firm. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, bring four quarts of water to boil for the fettuccine.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and the shallots and saute for one minute. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender (three to four minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the asparagus and parsley and keep the mixture warm until the fettuccine is cooked.
- Cook the fettuccine until al dente, drain and transfer to a heated serving bowl. Add the sauce, toss and serve. Pass the cheese separately.
FETTUCCINE WITH MUSHROOMS AND ASPARAGUS
- 1. Bring 6 quarts water to a boil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over high heat, then add 2 tablespoons salt.
- 2. While waiting for the water to boil, heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and pepper flakes and sauté quickly to keep the ingredients from scorching. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until the mushrooms darken slightly in color and are softened but still holding their shape, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and asparagus and cook, stirring gently, for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream, immediately reduce the heat to keep it from scorching, and cook for several minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a sauté pan over low heat, shaking the pan, just until they are warm and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente, 7 to 9 minutes from the time the water returns to a boil (10 minutes if you are using pappardelle).
- 5. Add the basil, butter, pine nuts, and cheese to the pan with the mushrooms and toss well.
- 6. Reserve a cup or so of the pasta's cooking liquid, then drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the mushrooms, asparagus, and sauce. If the sauce seems too dry, stir in a few tablespoons of the reserved pasta water. Toss, taste, and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, and more pepper flakes if necessary.
- 7. Present the pasta in a bowl and serve family style from the center of the table, or divide among individual plates.
- Your Nightly Specials
- Mushrooms: Instead of using the cremini, use 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms.
- Dried Mushrooms: Dried mushrooms like porcini, morel, and chanterelle offer a quick way to add flavor to cooking and are especially useful in the off season or winter months. Always rinse dried mushrooms under cold running water to remove any lingering dirt and sand, then reconstitute them in hot water for 20 minutes, drain, and strain the liquid. Save the liquid for soups and sauces. Keeping a small packet of dried mushrooms, which costs just a few dollars, in your pantry will five earthy flavor on demand.
- Use a spice grinder to grind dried porcini to a powder. This seasoning powder will very economically make a full pot of risotto taste like a much more costly version, something many restaurants do to make flavors pop. Add 1 tablespoon to the finished mushrooms for a powerful and full flavor at an economical price.
- Porcini Mushrooms: Fresh porcini are among the most delicious of mushrooms. When they are available each fall, by all means use them, although they are expensive and need to be cooked as quickly as possible because they are highly perishable.
- Add 1/2 cup of blanched and shocked fresh or frozen peas, spincach, and/or broccoli buds.
- Toss some shredded, leftover roasted turkey or duck meat into the pan along with the cooked pasta.
MUSHROOM AND ASPARAGUS PASTA
Simple and yummy pasta
Provided by rose.moon
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Cut the asparagus into 7.5cm/3in lengths. Very finely chop the garlic. Slice the mushrooms. Finely grate the cheese.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the pack.
- Meanwhile cook the asparagus stems in boiling water for 2mins. Add the asparagus tips and cook for a further minute. Drain.
- Heat the oil and cook the garlic and mushrooms for one minute, stirring.
- Add vegetable stock, black pepper and thyme. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and heat gently. Fold in the cooked, drained pasta and most of the cheese.
- Serve immediately with the remaining cheese sprinkled on top.
PENNE WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS
I love this pasta dish in the summer. It is filling without being too heavy, and fresh asparagus in season is the best. This is not meant to have a heavy sauce, just a light cream that's full of flavor to coat the ingredients. Proscuitto or ham may be substituted for the bacon, but you'll probably need to add a tablespoon of butter to saute the onion and mushrooms.
Provided by Gatorbek
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large pot, prepare pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the bacon for 2 minutes. Add the onions and saute about 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until tender and the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in asparagus, chicken broth, and evaporated milk or cream and bring up to a simmer. Add pasta and stir. Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the asparagus is crisp-tender, but NOT mushy. Serve immediately sprinkled with parmesan cheese and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 519.4, Fat 21, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 33, Sodium 409.9, Carbohydrate 70.1, Fiber 10.6, Sugar 3.1, Protein 15.7
TAGLIATELLE WITH MUSHROOMS AND ASPARAGUS
- Remove the tough ends of the asparagus spears and chop into 1-inch pieces. Reserve the tips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-low heat and cook garlic until light golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add asparagus pieces and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and coat well with oil. Pour in wine and cook until liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes. Add reserved asparagus tips and cook for 2 minutes. Discard garlic and season sauce with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook tagliatelle at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Add tagliatelle to pot with the sauce, toss, and cook everything over high heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and add some cooking water to thin sauce. Distribute tagliatelle on serving plates and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 550.3 calories, Carbohydrate 87.1 g, Cholesterol 5.5 mg, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 19.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 145.5 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO WITH SHRIMP, ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS
Make and share this Fettuccine Alfredo With Shrimp, Asparagus and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
Provided by threeovens
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 pot, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, making the addition of the asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute mushrooms until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine cream, half-n-half, and lemon juice in another large, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes. Add pasta and asparagus and stir to coat. Add cheese, then season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, continuing to stir until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; add shrimp and mushrooms. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 616.9, Fat 29, SaturatedFat 16.6, Cholesterol 223.9, Sodium 497.1, Carbohydrate 61.7, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 3, Protein 28.7
CREAMY FETTUCCINE WITH PROSCIUTTO, ASPARAGUS, MUSHROOMS, AND PEAS
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl; set aside. Reserve water in pot.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add prosciutto and stir 1 minute. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden, about 3 minutes. Add asparagus, peas, and cream and simmer until cream is reduced by 1/3, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat. Mix in cherry tomatoes.
- Bring reserved water in pot to boil. Add pasta and cook until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Add pasta to skillet with sauce and toss to coat over low heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Transfer to large bowl; sprinkle with chives and serve.
More about "fettuccine with mushrooms and asparagus recipes"
GIADA'S EASY PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS AND ASPARAGUS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
10 BEST CHICKEN ASPARAGUS PASTA MUSHROOMS RECIPES
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS, MUSHROOMS, AND HERBS RECIPE | EAT …
SPRING ASPARAGUS PASTA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SPRING ASPARAGUS …
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND MORELS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH ASPARAGUS, PEAS, MUSHROOMS, AND BACON
FETTUCCINE WITH SHIITAKES AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PENNE WITH ASPARAGUS, PEAS, MUSHROOMS AND CREAM RECIPE
MUSHROOM & ASPARAGUS ONE-POT PASTA - THE PIONEER WOMAN
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND MORELS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
FETTUCCINE WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS & BASIL RECIPE - EATINGWELL
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CREAMY FETTUCCINE WITH PROSCIUTTO, ASPARAGUS, MUSHROOMS, AND PEAS
CREAMY MUSHROOM ASPARAGUS PASTA RECIPE - MINIMALIST BAKER
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS - THEKITTCHEN
BAKED ASPARAGUS MUSHROOM PASTA - COOK NOURISH BLISS
PASTA WITH PEAS AND PROSCIUTTO - CULINARY HILL
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - VEGKITCHEN
CREAMY BOW-TIE PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS AND ASPARAGUS
FETTUCCINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND MORELS - FOODCHANNEL.COM
PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS AND ASPARAGUS IN A PESTO SAUCE
ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOM PASTA - COOKING CHAT
PENNE PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOM - SUGARLOVESPICES
ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOM PASTA • SALT & LAVENDER
FETTUCCINE WITH PROSCIUTTO, ASPARAGUS, MUSHROOMS, AND PEAS
10 BEST CHICKEN ASPARAGUS PASTA MUSHROOMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FETTUCCINE WITH MUSHROOMS & ASPARAGUS RECIPE - ALDI
ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS PAIRED WITH RED WINE
MUSHROOM AND ASPARAGUS PASTA - EAT AT HOME
SPAGHETTI WITH ASPARAGUS, MUSHROOMS, PARMESAN, AND A POACHED …
PASTA SHELLS WITH PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS, ASPARAGUS, AND BOURSIN …
PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH MUSHROOMS, CARROTS, AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook asparagus?Sauté the asparagus pieces in butter and olive oil in a skillet for 5 minutes; add mushrooms and cook until softened. Add garlic, lemon juice, and salt & pepper.
How do you cook mushroom pasta?This mushroom pasta recipe is all about savory, buttery, creamy flavor! Mushrooms pair perfectly with garlic, lemon, and Parmesan. Cook the pasta (and save the pasta water!): Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
What is mushroom pasta with garlic butter sauce?Here’s the meal for you: this Mushroom Pasta with Garlic Butter Sauce! It’s creamy and savory, harnessing the power of lemon, butter and Parmesan cheese. It makes the most of the intense umami of mushrooms: one of the most powerful ingredients in all of cooking.
How do you cook bacon and asparagus together?Drain off all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat from the skillet. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium low, add the drained pasta and asparagus and toss until well coated and mixed with the bacon.