YOGURT "TARTAR" SAUCE
This is great and way lower fat than the mayo based recipes. So far, I've had it on baked potatoes and green beans.
Provided by Barefoot Beachcomber
Yield 1 1/4 CUPS
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix with a whisk.
- Serve over fish or baked potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131.2, Fat 0.9, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 3.9, Sodium 493.9, Carbohydrate 17.7, Fiber 1, Sugar 15.9, Protein 12.2
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and season with salt.
FRIED FISH SANDWICHES WITH CUCUMBERS AND TARTAR SAUCE
- Tartar Sauce
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, relish, capers, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl to combine; season with salt.
- Fish and assembly:
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Whisk Old Bay seasoning, baking powder, cayenne, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/2 cup cornstarch in a medium bowl. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch in another medium bowl.
- Set a deep cast-iron skillet or large Dutch oven fitted with thermometer on grill; pour in oil to come 1" up sides. Heat until thermometer registers 375°F.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice cucumbers lengthwise. Toss in a third medium bowl with vinegar and gently massage with your hands to soften them slightly. Let sit, tossing occasionally, at room temperature at least 10 minutes.
- Lightly brush insides of rolls with butter and grill just until toasted, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- Gently whisk egg and beer in a small bowl to combine, then gently whisk into Old Bay mixture in 3 additions. Working in 2 batches, season fish lightly with salt. Dredge in flour mixture, knocking off any excess, then dip into batter and lift up with a fork, letting excess drain off and wiping against side of bowl to eliminate any thick drips. (Batter should completely coat the fish without looking clumpy.)
- Carefully lower fish into oil and fry, turning halfway through, until deeply browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each piece registers 125°F-130°F, 7-9 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a wire rack set inside a baking sheet.
- Drain most of vinegar from cucumbers and toss in dill. Build sandwiches with fried fish, cucumbers, lettuce, and tartar sauce.
- Do Ahead
- Cucumbers (without dill) can be pickled 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.
YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE
Using yogurt instead of oils to make tartar sauce does three things: it lowers the fat content; gives it a zingy yoghurt tang; and also brings probiotic cultures into your diet. It's a win, win, win.
Provided by Guy Turland
Yield Makes about 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put all of the ingredients in a large jar and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and store in the fridge in an airtight container.
More about "fishwiches and yogurt tartar sauce recipes"
RACHAEL'S CRUNCHY FRIED FISH SANDWICH WITH YOGURT TARTAR …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- For the sauce, in a medium bowl, stir the yogurt, lemon juice, dill, onion, pickle relish, Dijon, capers, and garlic; season with salt and pepper
EGG-BATTERED FISHWICHES ON TOAST WITH YOGURT TARTAR …
Category 30-minute Meals
- Preheat the oven to 200°. For the sauce, in a medium bowl, stir the yogurt, lemon juice, dill, onion, pickle relish, Dijon, capers, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- For the fish, sprinkle the fillets with the granulated garlic; season with salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice from the 1/2 lemon on top of the fish. In a shallow bowl, whisk the flour and cornstarch. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk; season with salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil, one turn of the pan, over medium-high. Add half the butter. Dredge 2 fillets in the flour; coat with the eggs. When the butter stops foaming, add the fish. Cook, turning occasionally, until opaque in the centers, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining butter, fish, flour, and eggs.
- Serve with lemon wedges. Top the toast with some shredded lettuce and the fish— and lots of tartar sauce.
CRISPY FISH SANDWICHES WITH TARTAR SAUCE - MEAL PLANNING MOMMIES
FISH FILLET SANDWICH WITH HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE - REAL …
GREEK YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GREEK YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
OUR 30 BEST FISH RECIPES WILL REEL YOU IN - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
FISHWICHES AND YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY | FOOD …
PANKO CRUSTED FISHWICHES WITH WASABI TARTAR SAUCE
HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
HEALTHY HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE WITH YOGURT
HOW TO MAKE AN EGG-BATTERED FISHWICH ON TOAST WITH …
TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE - RICARDO CUISINE
TARTAR SAUCE RECIPES | PUNCHFORK
GREEK YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE - IFOODREAL.COM
LIGHT TARTAR SAUCE WITH YOGURT | AMERICANWARMOMS.ORG
EGG-BATTERED FISHWICHES ON TOAST WITH YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE — …
FISHWICHES AND YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE | LISA | COPY ME THAT
RACHAEL'S EGG-BATTERED FISHWICH ON TOAST WITH YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE
FISHWICHES AND YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE | PUNCHFORK
RACHAEL RAY'S CRUNCHY FRIED FISH SANDWICH WITH YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE
FISHWICHES AND YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK …
PANKOCRUSTED FISHWICHES WITH WASABI TARTAR SAUCE
EGG-BATTERED FISHWICHES ON TOAST WITH YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE — …
YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TARTAR SAUCE | ALLRECIPES
WASABI TARTAR SAUCE RECIPES
EASY, HEALTHY TARTAR SAUCE FOR EVERY FISH—USING HOMEMADE YOGURT!
RACHAEL RAY TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RACHAEL RAY FRIED FISH RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
FISHWICHES AND YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE BY RACHAEL RAY | FOOD NETWORK ...
THE BEST HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE - SAVORY EXPERIMENTS
LIGHT CHIPOTLE TARTAR SAUCE - GREEK YOGURT CONDIMENT
CRISPY BAKED FISH STICKS WITH TARTAR SAUCE - THE LEMON BOWL®
HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RACHAEL RAY TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
BACON CHEESE YOGURT - TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE
FISHWICHES AND YOGURT TARTAR SAUCE | RECIPE | TARTAR SAUCE, SAUCE ...
You'll also love