FIRE-ROASTED CORN SALSA
Fire-roasted corn and jalapenos come together with cilantro, tomatoes, and lime for a perfect summertime salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin in a large bowl.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Coat corn and jalapeno peppers with olive oil.
- Place corn and jalapenos on the preheated grill and cook, turning every 3 minutes, until corn is charred, about 15 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool 5 minutes.
- Dice jalapenos and cut corn kernels from the cob. Add jalapenos and corn kernels to the bowl of tomato-onion mixture; stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.4 calories, Carbohydrate 15.3 g, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 39.1 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
FIRE ROASTED CORN SALSA
- Grill or broil the corn over high heat until it is speckled black on all sides, rotating each ear to make sure it roasts evenly. Allow the corn to cool enough to handle. Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels of corn into a bowl, then add the bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, salt and dried oregano. Stir to combine, taste for salt and adjust to taste.
TORTILLA CRUSTED SALMON WITH FIRE ROASTED CORN SALSA
- Mix all ingredients for Salsa and Let sit for 4 hours. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake Corn Tortillas in a 325 degree oven until crispy, cool. Then grind tortillas in a blender or food processor until pulverized into a dust. Place salmon, skin side up, into flour, then egg wash and finally the tortilla crumbs. After salmon is coated, heat oil in skillet and place salmon, tortilla side down into the hot oil. Pan fry until crust sets and a little browning occurs. Drain oil and flip salmon, then place salmon in a 325 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat salsa in a skillet and place over the salmon before serving.
ROASTED CORN SALSA
A fabulous and trend setting salsa just right for tortilla chips or served as a complement to grilled, roasted, or sautéed meats or poultry. Category: Appetizers, Dips & Salsa Think Variety; Think Color: uCps of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1 ½
Provided by karmakitchen gal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Inspect corn on the cob and remove a few outer leaves and as much silk as possible without completely removing husk. Wash and place on baking sheet, partially covered with aluminum foil, and bake on the middle rack in a preheated 375º F oven for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Once corn is roasted, remove baking sheet and allow corn to cool. Peel ears, removing all silk. If desired, place ears over an open flame (grill or gas stove), turn often, until somewhat colored. Cool completely and cut kernels from ear. Corn should measure at least 2 ½ cups.
- Combine corn with chopped onion, tomato, jalapeño pepper, and cilantro. Add olive oil and mix well. Add lime juice and cumin to taste; then stir in salt and ground pepper. Cover and chill, allowing flavor to blend for about 15 minutes, or more. This recipe may be made in advance but is best served the same day.
- Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamin C and fiber, and a good source of vitamin A.
- Credit: Recipe was developed for Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) by Chef Carmen I. Jones, CCP. This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- Nutritional Information per Serving.
- Calories: 204.
- Carbohydrates: 31g.
- Total Fat: 6.6g.
- Cholesterol: 0mg.
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g.
- Dietary Fiber: 8g.
- % of Calories from Fat: 29%.
- Sodium: 88mg.
- Protein: 6g.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176.6, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 99.5, Carbohydrate 32, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 11.9, Protein 5.6
SALSA - FIRE ROASTED - CORN & BLACK BEAN OPTIONAL
This is quick salsa that is quite flavorful. after chopping the cilantro and dicing the Serrano just plop it all in the food processor and blend. If you want it hot use the entire Serrano - I always take the seeds out. I hope you like it. The canned tomatoes make it quick. Take it up a notch and add volume by draining and adding canned corn or black beans.
Provided by bones58gdi
Yield 20 ounces, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Chop the cilantro and dice the Serrano.
- Add all ingredients (except corm and beans) in to the food processor. Blend. If you want more heat use the entire Serrano - I always take the seeds out.
- Take it up a notch and add volume by adding canned corn or drained black beans after the food processor. Just drain and discard the liquid and stir in beans and / or corn.
- If you have the will power let it chill 10-15 minutes to enhance flavors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 11.4, Fat 0.3, Sodium 118.5, Carbohydrate 2.1, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 1.4, Protein 0.4
Canned tomatoes never tasted better than they do in this restaurant-quality salsa you can have ready in 15 minutes flat. Cilantro and a splash of lime add refreshing flavor. -Missy Kampling, Mountain View, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, sugar and salt. Cover and process until desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 13 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 141mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges
AUTHENTIC FIRE-ROASTED TEX-MEX SALSA
It has taken me years to perfect this recipe. Los Cucos is my favorite TexMex restaurant in Houston, and I used to eat there every 2 weeks, just so I would order a pint of red salsa to go to take home with me. I was addicted to the stuff, it's the best salsa in the world. I finally mastered my own version, which tastes nearly identical to Los Cucos's red salsa.
Provided by severlysnaped
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler to high.
- Spray a 9x13-inch glass casserole dish with cooking spray. Arrange tomatoes in the prepared dish with cut sides down. Add onion and jalapeno.
- Broil until tomato skins are blackened and blistered, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove onion and jalapeno halfway through cooking time, once skins are slightly softened.
- Combine broiled vegetables in a blender; add cilantro, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon garlic salt. Pulse until smooth. Taste and season with remaining garlic salt as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 14.3 calories, Carbohydrate 3.4 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 0.6 g, Sodium 343.3 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
More about "fire roasted corn salsa recipes"
FIRE ROASTED CORN SALSA - NO RECIPES
Reviews 20Estimated Reading Time 1 min
FIRE-ROASTED CORN SALSA | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
EASY FIRE ROASTED SALSA RECIPE - ADREAMYLIFE
FIRE ROASTED SALSA - BBQ & GRILLING WITH DERRICK RICHES
ROASTED CORN AND TOMATO SALSA - THERESCIPES.INFO
FIRE ROASTED SALSA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ROASTED SALSA | HANK SHAW
ROASTED CORN SALSA FOR CANNING - CELEBRATION GENERATION
FIRE ROASTED SALSA RECIPE-SIMPLE, FRESH, DELICIOUS
FIRE-ROASTED CORN SALSA - HIGH HEELS AND GRILLS
FIRE-ROASTED CORN SALSA | STEPHIE COOKS
RESTAURANT STYLE FIRE ROASTED SALSA - LITTLE SPICE JAR
FIRE-ROASTED CORN PICO STYLE SALSA - THE WHOLE SERVING
FIRE ROASTED SALSA WITH CORN RECIPE - HELLO CREATIVE FAMILY
HOMEMADE FIRE ROASTED SALSA - BUTTER YOUR BISCUIT
FIRE ROASTED CORN AND HEIRLOOM TOMATO SALSA - COLLEGE HOUSEWIFE
FIRE-ROASTED CORN SALSA | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
FIRE-ROASTED CORN SALSA RECIPE (GLUTEN-FREE | VEGAN)
10 BEST FIRE ROASTED CORN RECIPES | YUMMLY
FIRE ROASTED SALSA RECIPE - MAGNOLIA
ROASTED CORN SALSA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FIRE ROASTED TOMATILLO AND CORN SALSA - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
FIRE-ROASTED CORN SALSA - RELISH
FIRE ROASTED CORN SALSA RECIPE
FIRE ROASTED CORN SALSA – TERSIGUEL'S
FIRE ROASTED CORN & TOMATO SALSA WITH TORTILLA CHIPS RECIPE
FIRE ROASTED SALSA - CREME DE LA CRUMB
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS FIRE-ROASTED CORN - DINNER PLANNER
FIRE ROASTED SALSA - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
FIRE-ROASTED CORN PICO STYLE SALSA RECIPE | SIDECHEF
FIRE ROASTED CORN RECIPE WITH JALAPEñOS - COOKING ON THE …
FIRE ROASTED CORN AND TOMATO SALSA RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
FIRE-ROASTED POBLANO AND CORN SALSA RECIPE BY HANNAH HOSKINS
FIRE ROASTED CORN AND TOMATO SALSA | EMERILS.COM
THE BEST FIRE ROASTED SALSA - KIM'S CRAVINGS
FIRE ROASTED SALSA - GRILLED SALSA RECIPE - BEYER BEWARE - RECIPES …
SALMON CAKES WITH POTATO AND FIRE ROASTED CORN SALSA
ROASTED CORN SALSA - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
MEXICAN FIRE-ROASTED SALSA (ROASTED TOMATO SALSA)
FIRE ROASTED POBLANO & CORN SALSA - WITH SALT AND WIT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook corn on the cob with tomatoes?Let cool, then cut off kernels from each ear (you'll have about 3 cups). In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. Add parsley and stir well. Chill until ready to serve.
How to cook corn and jalapeno on the grill?Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Coat corn and jalapeno peppers with olive oil. Place corn and jalapenos on the preheated grill and cook, turning every 3 minutes, until corn is charred, about 15 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool 5 minutes.
What are the ingredients in a tomato and corn casserole?Ingredients 1 3 ears corn, shucked 2 4 medium tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.), chopped 3 2 onions, diced 4 ¼ cup olive oil 5 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar 6 salt and black pepper 7 ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste) 8 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley More ...