MEXICAN FISH STEW
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put the fish in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Add the lime juice and toss; set aside. Put the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and season with salt. Bring to a boil; add the corn and cook, covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add all but 1/3 cup of the chopped onion to the skillet along with the thyme and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, chile powder and half of the cilantro and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 4 minutes. Add the potatoes, corn and reserved cooking water. Add the fish and lime marinade to the skillet and simmer, spooning the sauce over the fish, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the stew among bowls and top with the remaining onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Per serving: Calories 381
- Fat 10 g (Saturated 2 g)
- Cholesterol 85 mg
- Sodium 333 mg
- Carbohydrate 36 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Protein 39 g
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381 calorie, Fat 10 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 85 milligrams, Sodium 333 milligrams, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 39 grams
TUSCAN FISH STEW
I spent a few days in Florence about 30 years ago, and while I don't remember much, I do recall my surprise at how delicious the Tuscan fish stew was. What I found so interesting was how herbs like oregano, sage, and rosemary, which I'd only associated with meat, were also used with seafood. Also, FYI just in case any old-school Tuscans are coming over: I hear that for this to qualify as an official Italian fish stew you need use at least 5 different types of seafood, which is both insane and adorable. Serve with crusty bread.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Puree cherry tomatoes and clam juice in a blender until smooth. Press mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, green onions, garlic, anchovy, and 1 pinch red pepper flakes in a cold plan. Place over medium heat. Cook and stir until garlic and onions just start to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato mixture. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer stew until color deepens, about 10 minutes.
- Add halibut and shrimp to the stew. Season with salt. Increase heat to high. Cover pan and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, basil, oregano, and rosemary. Pour stew into a warm bowl. Drizzle in remaining olive oil and sprinkle 1 pinch red pepper flakes on top. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 672 calories, Carbohydrate 14.3 g, Cholesterol 405 mg, Fat 34.1 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 76.3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 922.4 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
TOMATO FISH STEW
- In a medium Dutch oven, heat the oil over low heat. Add the onion and bell pepper, season with salt and black pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cayenne and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and 1 cup water, season with salt and black pepper, increase the heat to medium and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tilapia fillets one at a time and simmer until the fish is flaky and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.1, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 85.1, Sodium 258, Carbohydrate 12.4, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 2.4, Protein 36.7
TILAPIA IN STEWED TOMATOES
- Heat tomatoes in a large skillet over medium heat until simmering; add tilapia. Spoon tomatoes over tilapia to coat; cover skillet. Simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138.1 calories, Carbohydrate 6.3 g, Cholesterol 41 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 23.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 274 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
TURKISH FISH STEW
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil, and stir in the couscous. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion and green pepper about 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in the garlic, and continue to cook and stir about 2 minutes. Mix in the artichoke hearts with reserved liquid, capers with reserved liquid, and olives. Stir in the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, and 1 cup water (or enough to attain desired thickness). Season with sumac powder, red pepper, basil, cumin, ginger, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and mix in the fish chunks. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, or until the fish is easily flaked with a fork. Serve over couscous.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 456.4 calories, Carbohydrate 53.4 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 32.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 761.6 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
LEMON AND TOMATO FISH STEW
This stew is light enough for summer, yet it is very filling. This recipe is extremely versatile. You can add calamari, mussels, oysters, clams, or any kind of seafood that you enjoy, and exchange a few ingredients to make it your own.
Provided by sniggies04
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over high heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook and stir until edges of the onion are browned, about 5 minutes. Mix in chile pepper, tomato, and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, until softened, about 1 minute.
- Stir chicken broth, white wine, and bay leaves into the skillet; simmer until stew is evenly warmed, about 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Add salmon; season with salt and pepper. Cook, flipping once, until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Separate into small pieces.
- Stir sour cream and lemon juice into the stew; pour stew over salmon. Remove bay leaves. Add green onions.
- Divide brown rice evenly between 4 bowls; ladle stew over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444.6 calories, Carbohydrate 48.1 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 17.6 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 18.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 402.2 mg, Sugar 5 g
SICILIAN FISH STEW WITH TOMATO AND PARSLEY
- Heat olive oil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté 4 minutes. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato and cook 2 minutes longer. Add 1 1/3 cups cold water and dry white wine and simmer until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season stew to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve.
More about "fish stewed in tomatoes and chilies huanchaco style recipes"
FISH FILLET RECIPE, SHAKSHUKA STYLE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
SICILIAN-STYLE FISH STEW RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
TRINIDAD STEWED FISH RECIPE - COOKING WITH RIA
FISH STEW WITH COD, VEGETABLES AND POTATOES (CREAMY OR …
FISH STEW RECIPE - AN EASY, HEALTHY, ONE POT DINNER
FISH STEW (PLUS VIDEO) - IMMACULATE BITES
STEW FISH II - SIMPLY TRINI COOKING
TRINIDAD SALTFISH AND TOMATOES - COOKING WITH RIA
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED FISH RECIPE WITH TOMATOES AND …
FISH STEW - FOOD FROM PORTUGAL - GREAT RECIPES FROM …
EASY OVEN BAKED FISH WITH TOMATOES - BUDGET BYTES
FRESH FISH WITH STEWED TOMATOES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PAN SEARED FISH WITH TOMATOES & OLIVES - CAFE DELITES
FISH STEWED IN TOMATOES AND CHILIES - HUANCHACO-STYLE
TOMATO POACHED FISH RECIPE - PLATINGS + PAIRINGS
BEST MOROCCAN FISH RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
EASY STEWED FISH (MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE STEW) - WHERE IS MY SPOON
10 BEST CHILI WITH STEWED TOMATOES RECIPES - YUMMLY
FISH STEW WITH TOMATOES | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION
10 BEST CHILI WITH STEWED TOMATOES RECIPES - YUMMLY
JAMAICAN BROWN STEW FISH - THISBAGOGIRL
FISH RECIPES: HOW TO MAKE THE SALT COD STEWED WITH TOMATOES, …
FISH STEWED TOMATO - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
SUDADO DE PESCADO (HUANCHACO-STYLE FISH STEWED IN …
FISH STEW WITH GINGER AND TOMATOES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CARIBBEAN FISH STEW - IMMACULATE BITES
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
20 FISH STEW RECIPES THAT ARE WARM AND COMFORTING | ALLRECIPES
PORTUGUESE FISH STEW (CALDEIRADA) - FEASTING AT HOME
10 BEST FISH STEW WITH TOMATOES AND OKRA RECIPES - YUMMLY
STEAMED FISH WITH CHILI SAUCE - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
RECIPE: SHRIMP DELICIOUS (WITH STEWED TOMATOES, CHILE PEPPERS, …
FISH STEWED IN TOMATOES AND CHILIES - HUANCHACO-STYLE RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook fish in a stew?Heat olive oil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté 4 minutes. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato and cook 2 minutes longer. Add 1 1/3 cups cold water and dry white wine and simmer until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season stew to taste with salt and pepper.
What kind of fish is in John's Fish Stew?Chef John 's fast and easy fish stew calls for an array of seafood, including sea bass, shrimp, calamari, mussels, and clams. "I love the quick simplicity of this soup," says reviewer shelley . This tomato-based fish stew will make you feel like you're vacationing in Italy.
What do you serve with fish stew?Recipe creator Kristin recommends serving with jasmine rice, steamed broccoli or salad, and a crusty baguette. Make this 45-minute fish stew with couscous, tilapia, artichokes, capers, tomatoes, and lots of warming spices (like sumac powder and ginger root).
What to do with Mahi mahi stew?Lovely, fragrant, healthy stew. Used mahi pieces and head-on shrimp to add flavor. Also substituted home-made chicken stock for the water. Delicious with a french Sancerre.