BAKED FISH WITH TOMATOES
Another simple, yummy recipe for cod. Please feel free to use fresh herbs in place of the dried. I usually sprinkle the top with some fresh parsley. Can also use fresh tomatoes when they are in season.
Provided by Kozmic Blues
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat your over to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and pepper and saute until softened.
- Stir in flour, brown sugar, herbs, salt and pepper to taste, and combine well.
- Gradually stir in tomatoes with juice.
- Bring sauce to a boil.
- Keep stiring until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Place fish fillets in baking dish and top with the sauce.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily.
FISH WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES AND CAPERS
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over a medium-high heat. Add fish and cook until opaque in the center, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a platter and tent with foil to keep the fish warm.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the same skillet; add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives and capers and crushed red pepper, if using, and cook for 3 minutes more. Stir in the spinach and cook until it is wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve.
JERSEY FRESH STEWED TOMATOES
- Combine tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, and celery in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat and cook until green bell pepper and onion are soft, about 5 minutes more. Stir in sugar, salt, oregano, basil, and pepper.
- Whisk water and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Stir into the skillet. Simmer tomato mixture until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 37 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 159.1 mg, Sugar 5 g
SPICY SEAFOOD STEW WITH TOMATOES & LIME
- Toast the chillies in a hot dry frying pan for a few moments (they will puff up a bit), then remove. Deseed and stem chillies, and soak in boiling water for 15 mins.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, season and cook for about 5 mins or until softened. Add the chipotle paste, reconstituted chillies, cumin, stock and tomatoes. Sauté for 5 mins, then purée until very fine in a blender. Pour back into the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins. When close to eating, add the prawns, fish fillets, clams and potatoes. Place a lid on top and cook for 5 mins over a medium-high heat. Add the lime juice and serve with lime wedges, avocado, coriander, red onion and tortilla chips for sprinkling over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 28 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 44 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
TOMATO FISH STEW
- In a medium Dutch oven, heat the oil over low heat. Add the onion and bell pepper, season with salt and black pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cayenne and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and 1 cup water, season with salt and black pepper, increase the heat to medium and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tilapia fillets one at a time and simmer until the fish is flaky and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.1, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 85.1, Sodium 258, Carbohydrate 12.4, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 2.4, Protein 36.7
TOMATO-RICH FISH STEW
- In a pan, simmer sun-dried tomatoes in 1 1/2 cups water until very soft; discard water.
- In a large pot, saute onion and green pepper in oil until softened.
- In a food processor or blender, combine sun-dried tomatoes and 1 bottle clam juice until smooth; add to pot. Stir in remaining clam juice, diced tomatoes, wine, garlic, herbs, bay leaves and olives. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add beans, fish, fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Simmer until fish is done, about 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves. Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 26.5 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 20.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 839.9 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
HOMEMADE STEWED TOMATOES
- To peel the tomatoes, place them in boiling water for 1 minute and then immediately transfer to cold water. Peel and quarter tomatoes, and place in a large saucepan with the salt. Slowly simmer over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 13.8 calories, Carbohydrate 3.1 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 0.7 g, Sodium 480.6 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
ONE-PAN ROASTED FISH WITH CHERRY TOMATOES
In this quick, elegant dinner, cherry tomatoes are roasted with garlic, shallots, sherry vinegar and a drizzle of honey, turning them into a sweet and savory condiment for simple roasted fish. This versatile, year-round recipe is delicious with juicy end-of-summer tomatoes or even with a pint from the grocery store. Thick white fish such as cod or halibut work best here. Serve with rice, couscous or your favorite grains, and a green salad.
Provided by Lidey Heuck
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the tomatoes, shallots and garlic in a 9-by-13-inch nonreactive baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over the tomatoes and toss to combine. Roast until the tomatoes have collapsed and the shallots are translucent, about 15 minutes.
- While the tomatoes roast, pat the fish dry with paper towels, brush all over with olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss the tomatoes, move them to the sides of the dish and place the fish fillets, evenly spaced, in the center. Roast until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the entire dish with the lemon zest, basil and mint. Serve the fish with the tomatoes, spooning any remaining juices on top.
SICILIAN FISH STEW WITH TOMATO AND PARSLEY
- Heat olive oil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté 4 minutes. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato and cook 2 minutes longer. Add 1 1/3 cups cold water and dry white wine and simmer until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season stew to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve.
More about "fish stewed in tomatoes and chilies huanchaco style recipes"
SICILIAN-STYLE FISH STEW RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
Calories 320Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in 5-quart Dutch oven (like this one) over medium heat. Add onions, celery, and a little salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each). Cook, stirring regularly, until softened (about 4 minutes). Add thyme, red pepper flakes and garlic and cook briefly until fragrant (about 30 more seconds).
- Now, stir in the white wine and reserved tomato juice from can. Bring to a simmer, and cook until the liquid is reduced by about 1/2. Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, raisins, and capers. Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat until flavors combine.
- Pat the fish dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Insert the fish pieces into the cooking liquid, and give everything a gentle stir so that the fish pieces are nicely covered in the cooking liquid. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the Dutch oven from the heat and cover. Let sit off heat for another 4-5 minutes so that the fish will finish cooking. Fish should be flaky when gently pulled apart with a paring knife. Finally, stir in the chopped parsley.
- Ladle the hot fish stew into serving bowls, top each with a few toasted pine nuts, if you like. Serve with your favorite crusty bread! Enjoy!
FISH STEW WITH TOMATOES | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION RECIPES
Servings 4 See details »
CANNED STEWED TOMATOES RECIPE - OLD WORLD GARDEN FARMS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
HOW TO MAKE THE TASTIEST GHANAIAN FRIED FISH STEW ...
See details »
SAVORY TOMATO SEAFOOD STEW - AN OREGON COTTAGE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, potatoes, carrots, and peppers. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the seafood, replace cover and simmer for 5 minutes more or until fish is cooked through and opaque in the center.
FISH STEW - IMMACULATE BITES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Pour tomato sauce, white pepper and bouillon powder. Stir for about a minute and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Add about 3 cups of water season with salt according to preference and stir .
FISH STEWED IN TOMATOES AND CHILIES - HUANCHACO-STYLE
See details »
35 FRESH TOMATO RECIPES FOR PEAK TOMATO SEASON | ALLRECIPES
See details »
SUDADO DE PESCADO (HUANCHACO-STYLE FISH STEWED IN TOMATOES ...
See details »
10 BEST SEAFOOD STEW NO TOMATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
FRESH FISH WITH STEWED TOMATOES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
See details »
FISH STEWED IN TOMATOES AND CHILIES - HUANCHACO-STYLE RECIPE
See details »
You'll also love
Want to buy ingredients ?