GREEN CURRY CHICKEN
- Place a large, deep skillet over medium heat and coat with the oil. Saute the onion and green peppers for 3 minutes to soften. Split the piece of lemongrass down the middle and whack it with the flat side of a knife to open the flavor. Add the lemongrass, ginger, curry paste and lime leaves to the skillet and stir for 2 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and chicken broth. Lay the chicken pieces in the mixture to poach; add a pinch of salt. Stir together and simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Squeeze in the lime juice and shower with basil and cilantro; serve in dinner bowls with lime wedges.
- Heat the coriander, cumin seeds, and peppercorns in a small dry skillet for 2 minutes until fragrant. Put the seeds in a clean coffee grinder or spice mill and buzz the spices to a powder.
- Put the spice blend and remaining ingredients in a food processor, and pulse to combine. Pour in the water to help grind everything down into a paste.
FRAGRANT GREEN CHICKEN CURRY
With the curry paste prepped ahead, this flavorful Thai-style curry comes together in just about 20 minutes.
Provided by Donna Hay
Categories HarperCollins Dinner Curry Chile Pepper Lemongrass Cilantro Chicken Cashew Coconut Lime Juice Quick & Easy
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the rice:
- Place the rice, water, and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 12 minutes or until just tender. Remove from the heat and allow to steam for 8 minutes. Fluff the grains with a fork to serve.
- Make the curry:
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and stock, stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken, return to a simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the fish sauce and stir to combine. Top the curry with the lime leaf, cilantro, cashews, and chile. Serve with the rice and lime wedges.
THAI GREEN CURRY WITH CHICKEN BY CHEF FERN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: thai eggplants, chicken breast, vegetable oil, coconut milk, green curry paste, fish sauce, granulated sugar, bamboo shoot strip, kaffir lime leaves, red bell pepper, coconut milk, fresh thai sweet basil, white rice, cumin seed, coriander seed, salt, white peppercorn, lemongrass, garlic, thai green chilis, small shallots, fresh cilantro stem, kaffir lime peel, galangal, kaffir lime leaf, fresh thai sweet basil, shrimp paste, fresh thai sweet basil, vegetable oil
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 29
- Cut the tops and bottoms off the eggplant and cut into quarters.
- Thinly slice the chicken breast crosswise. Set aside.
- Prepare the green curry paste. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds until golden and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a pestle or bowl.
- Add the salt and pound with a mortar until the spices are broken up. Continue pounding as you add the white peppercorns, lemongrass, kaffir lime peel, galangal, garlic, Thai green chilis, cilantro stems, Thai basil, kaffir leaves, shallots, and shrimp paste, until a coarse paste forms.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons of green curry paste, and 3 tablespoons of basil oil (if using).
- Add a splash of the coconut milk, stirring until it forms a paste.
- Add the sliced chicken breast, the rest of the coconut milk, and the eggplant.
- Season with the fish sauce and sugar. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the bamboo shoots, kaffir leaves, and red bell pepper, cooking for 3-4 minutes until bell peppers have slightly softened.
- Add the Thai basil. Remove the curry from the heat and serve with white rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 919 calories, Carbohydrate 77 grams, Fat 63 grams, Fiber 16 grams, Protein 25 grams, Sugar 27 grams
THAI GREEN CURRY CHICKEN
In this quick and easy recipe that never fails, the chicken stays moist and tender. Serve over jasmine rice for a satisfying meal.
Provided by laus
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian Thai
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Toss chicken first in 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, then in the flour, coating pieces evenly. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place chicken in the skillet, cook and stir chicken until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in curry paste. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant, then stir in green onions, garlic, and ginger; cook an additional 2 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet, stirring to coat with the curry mixture. Stir the coconut milk, fish sauce, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and sugar into the chicken-curry mixture. Allow to simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender. Serve garnished with cilantro leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 472.4 calories, Carbohydrate 14.6 g, Cholesterol 57.1 mg, Fat 40.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 27.1 g, SaturatedFat 24.3 g, Sodium 934.7 mg, Sugar 6.8 g
THAI GREEN CURRY WITH CHICKEN
This is a green curry recipe I've cobbled together over the years. The vegetables aren't completely traditional, but they give the whole thing a good texture and variety. Often asked for in my household, hopefully it'll become a favorite in yours. Serve over rice.
Provided by Galen Dobbs
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oil in a wok until it starts to shimmer. Add curry paste, garlic, and ginger; stir together and fry until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken breast slices, stirring until coated. Cook until just slightly pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, place baby corn and bamboo shots in a small saucepan, cover with water, and place over high heat. Bring to a boil. Drain then cover with water again.
- Pour coconut milk into the wok. Bring to a slow simmer, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drain corn and bamboo shoots and add in. Stir in fish sauce, palm sugar, and kaffir lime leaves. Bring back up to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper strips and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove curry from heat and stir in Thai basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 583.1 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Cholesterol 32.3 mg, Fat 57.9 g, Fiber 11.3 g, Protein 22.8 g, SaturatedFat 38.4 g, Sodium 931 mg, Sugar 12.9 g
FRAGRANT CHICKEN CURRY
I found this while looking for an easy curry recipe. I am putting it here to consolidate my recipes: From allrecipes SUBMITTED BY: USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Provided by Teddys Mommy
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Mix spices in small bowl.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or small soup kettle over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spices; toast until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add chicken; stir until completely coated with spices. Add coconut milk, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer; cook uncovered until flavors blend and stew is thick, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with cilantro and serve over rice.
- Pass chutney separately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.3, Fat 19, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 87.7, Sodium 463.4, Carbohydrate 9.3, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 3.9, Protein 29.9
FRAGRANT CHICKEN CURRY WITH CHICK PEAS
A low-fat curry that's packed with full, fragrant flavour - you can make it in one pot, too
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Tip the onions, garlic, ginger, ground spices, chilli and half the coriander into a food processor. Add 1 teaspoon salt and blend to a purée. Tip the mixture into a medium saucepan and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Crumble in the stock cube, add the boiling water and return to the boil. Add the chicken, stir, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Chop the remaining coriander, reserve 2 tablespoons, then stir the remainder into the curry with the chickpeas. Heat through and divide between four bowls. Sprinkle with the reserved coriander and spoon over the yogurt, then serve with basmati rice, naan bread or poppadums.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 19 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 1.68 milligram of sodium
THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY
Don't call the local takeaway - impress friends and family by cooking this fragrant and creamy Thai green chicken curry. It's easy and quick to make
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put 225g new potatoes, cut into chunks, in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 100g trimmed and halved green beans and cook for a further 3 minutes, by which time both should be just tender but not too soft. Drain and put to one side.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil until very hot, then drop in 1 chopped garlic clove and cook until golden, this should take only a few seconds. Don't let it go very dark or it will spoil the taste.
- Spoon in 1 rounded tbsp Thai green curry paste and stir it around for a few seconds to begin to cook the spices and release all the flavours.
- Next, pour in a 400ml can of coconut milk and let it come to a bubble.
- Stir in 2 tsp Thai fish sauce and 1 tsp caster sugar, then 450g bite-size chicken pieces. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Tip in the potatoes and beans and let them warm through in the hot coconut milk, then add 2 finely shredded lime leaves (or 3 wide strips lime zest).
- Add a good handful basil leaves, but only leave them briefly on the heat or they will quickly lose their brightness.
- Scatter with lime to garnish and serve immediately with boiled rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 19 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
AUSTRALIAN GREEN CHICKEN CURRY
My mum and I have been cooking this curry for years. Although Thai in origin, it has become a regular feature in Australian cooking. I laughed when I read a book about an Australian girl living in Paris who cooked green chicken Curry for her startled Parisian friends. I laughed because I probably would have done the same thing! That or a lamb roast!
Provided by Kates Kitchen
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- If you are using dried lime leaves, soak them in hot water until they have softened.
- When the lime leaves have softened, remove them from water and slice.
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add the diced green chilies and sliced lime leaves and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add green curry paste and stir fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk. Add water to thin to desired consistency.
- Add fish sauce and sugar.
- Bring just to the boil and quickly reduce heat so as not to curdle the coconut milk.
- Add chicken and simmer on low. Add zucchini and and peas after about 10 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally, simmer on low for another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add basil right before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 515, Fat 40.3, SaturatedFat 23.4, Cholesterol 80, Sodium 468.2, Carbohydrate 11.1, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 6, Protein 30.1
More about "fragrant green chicken curry recipes"
FRAGRANT THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - WAITROSE
5/5 (119)Carbohydrate 20.8gServings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
FRAGRANT GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - DONNA HAY
FRAGRANT THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - ASTRAL CHICKEN
THAI GREEN CURRY WITH CHICKEN - INQUIRING CHEF
INDIAN GREEN CHICKEN CURRY | INDIAN RECIPES | GOODTO
EASY HARIYALI CHICKEN CURRY (GREEN CHICKEN) - I KNEAD TO EAT
HEALTHY THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE – KAYLA ITSINES
GREEN CURRY CHICKEN | SAVEUR
FRAGRANT GREEN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
GREEN CHICKEN CURRY WITH SWEET POTATOES AND SPINACH
CLASSIC GREEN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
THAI GREEN CURRY CHICKEN - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CORIANDER CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE, SPICY CHICKEN CURRY
BEST THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER
SKINNY THAI GREEN CURRY - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
FRAGRANT THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - WAITROSE.COM
FRAGRANT CHICKEN CURRY WITH CHARD, COCONUT AND CASHEW
EASY THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - THAT SPICY CHICK
THAI GREEN CURRY | RECIPETIN EATS
THERMOMIX RECIPE: FRAGRANT GREEN CURRY WITH CHICKEN | TENINA.COM
FRAGRANT COCONUT CHICKEN & GREEN BEAN CURRY RECIPE - WOOLWORTHS
JAMIE OLIVER CHALLENGE SUBMISSION 1: FRAGRANT GREEN CHICKEN CURRY
AROMATIC & FRAGRANT CHICKEN THAI GREEN CURRY | RECIPES | BLUE …
BILL GRANGER’S FRAGRANT CHICKEN CURRY | DINNER RECIPES | WOMAN
CLEAN EATING THAI GREEN CURRY - MY SUGAR FREE CHICKEN
FRAGRANT CHICKEN CURRY - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
CREAMY COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY - THE COOKING COLLECTIVE
GREEN THAI CURRY WITH CHICKEN - AVERIE COOKS
THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - THE LEMON APRON
EASY THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
OVEN BAKED THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - COOK REPUBLIC
THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY | ASIAN INSPIRATIONS
EASY FRAGRANT BALINESE CHICKEN CURRY FROM SCRATCH
GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
KETO THAI GREEN CURRY WITH CHICKEN - MY KETO KITCHEN
CURRY CHICKEN OR CHICKEN CURRY - THERESCIPES.INFO
THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE WITH COCONUT MILK - EVOLVING TABLE
BEST GREEN CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GREEN CURRY SHRIMP
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love