APPLE MINI TARTS
My 4 year-old son and I went to a Mommy and Me cooking class, and this is one of the recipes we made together. Great for kids, and fun to make!
Provided by bricookie55
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 12 mini tarts, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unfold 1 refrigerated pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Cut 12, 2 1/2 inch circles from the pie crust, re-rolling the dough if necessary. Press each into a cup of a mini muffin pan.
- For the filling, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Whisk in sugar until fluffy. Add egg; blend well. Stir in flour, cinnamon, and vanilla until combined. Stir apples into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon apple filling into 12 crusts.
- For topping, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until it forms a coarse crumb. Spoon topping evenly over each tart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132.7, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 24.1, Sodium 102.8, Carbohydrate 14.6, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 5.8, Protein 2
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares. Divide the pastry between the prepared sheet pans and refrigerate while you prepare the apples.
- Peel the apples and cut them in half through the stem. Remove the stems and cores with a sharp knife and a melon baller. Slice the apples crosswise in 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place overlapping slices of apples diagonally across the pastry and place one slice of apple on each side of the arranged slices. Sprinkle the apples evenly with the sugar and dot them with the butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the pastry is browned and the edges of the apples start to brown. Don't worry! The apple juices will burn in the pan but the tarts will be fine! When the tarts are done, heat the apricot jelly together with the Calvados until bubbly and brush the apples and pastry completely with the jelly mixture. Loosen the tarts with a metal spatula so they don't stick to the paper. Allow to cool and serve warm or at room temperature.
CLASSIC APPLE TART
Apple tart is my family's favorite dessert. I love it because it makes the house smell amazing and the tart looks so polished and beautiful (taking a few extra minutes to fan out the apples makes it look like it came from a bakery!). This is a French-style apple tart, not an apple pie, meaning a wedge of the tart is thinner and neater than a slice of all-American apple pie. Try it topped with ice cream for that delicious a la mode taste. Rolling the dough for the tart makes for a finer-textured crust, but on many occasions I have simply pressed the crust into place with great results.
Provided by Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network
Yield Makes one 9- or 91/2-inch tart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Set the cubed butter on a plate and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes. Fill a cup with ice and water and set aside. Place 1 1/2 of the flour, 1 8 teaspoon of the salt, and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Take the butter out of the freezer and add it to the flour. Pulse the mixture until it looks like wet sand, about 10 seconds. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the ice water and pulse until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Lightly flour your work surface and place the dough on top. Then lightly flour the top of the dough and roll to about a 10- to 11-inch circle, sprinkling more flour under and on top of the dough as necessary. Gently drape the dough over the rolling pin and transfer it to a 9- or 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan (ideally one with a removable bottom). Fit the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan as evenly as possible and press off excess dough from the fluted rim. Set the tart pan on a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350degreesF. Peel, core, and quarter the apples and then thinly slice them lengthwise. Place the apples in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice, the cinnamon, and the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 8 teaspoon salt. Remove the baking sheet with the tart shell from the refrigerator. Arrange the apples in concentric circles so they overlap slightly. Brush the edges of the crust with the melted butter and then bake until the edges are golden and the apples have cooked down, about 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
FRESH APPLE TARTS
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour but not more than 1 day.
- While the dough is chilling, prepare the apple filling.
- In a medium bowl, toss diced apples with sugar and cinnamon. Mix in walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 16 3-inch tart pans. Remove tart dough from the refrigerator and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling out.
- Knead dough briefly on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 16 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 6-inch circle, and carefully fit one circle into each tart pan.
- Spoon an equal amount of apple mixture into each tart pan. Fold pastry over filling. Place filled tarts on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Melt apricot jam and brush over finished tarts, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.9 calories, Carbohydrate 55.8 g, Cholesterol 78.9 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 60.4 mg, Sugar 25.9 g
- Roll puff pastry into a 14-by-16-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut a 1-inch-wide strip from each side of dough. Brush edges with egg wash, and top with cut strips to form a crust. Prick middle of dough all over with a fork, and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread applesauce onto middle of dough using an offset spatula. Arrange apple wedges over applesauce in 3 tightly overlapping rows. Brush apples with melted butter. Brush crust with egg wash, and sprinkle entire surface with sanding sugar. (Unbaked tart can be frozen for up to 3 days.)
- Bake until edges start to puff, about 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees, and bake, rotating halfway through, until pastry is dark golden brown and apples have caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes more. Transfer sheet to a wire rack, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Warm apricot preserves and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Brush apples with warm apricot preserves. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired, and cut into squares using a pizza wheel or a knife. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.
EASY APPLE TARTS
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out to a rectangle about the size of this magazine and trim the edges to neaten. Place the pastry on a baking sheet and scatter with the almonds and 1 tbsp sugar. Score perforated lines to make 6 equal-size sections (this will make the tart easier to cut). Arrange each half of apple, sliced, in its own section of pastry. Can be made up to this stage the night before, covered with cling film and chilled in the fridge.
- Scatter the remaining sugar over the apples, dot with butter, then bake for 50-55 mins until the pastry is biscuity brown and the apples are tinged and soft. Cut the tart into 6 squares, dust with icing sugar, if you like, and serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.45 milligram of sodium
FRESH APPLE TART
I'm a desert person my self and love a traditional apple pie. I got this recipe from "Italian Cooking Forever" Nice twist to an old favorite. By the way serve it with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy a a cousin of mine would say. Lol
Provided by babyiguana
Yield 1 Pie, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the flour and salt in the food processor.
- Add the pieces of butter (or shortening) and briefly pulse for 5 to 10 seconds or until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
- Add the ice water spoonful by spoonful, pulsing briefly a second or two after each addition until the dough just holds together.
- Empty the dough out onto a lightly floured hard surface and shape the dough into a flat disk.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- Roll out the dough into a circle with a thickness of about 1/8 of an inch.
- Center the dough in a 9 inch tart or pie pan.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Peel the apples, remove the cores, and slice thinly.
- Mix the apple slices together with the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour the apples into the prepared pie crust.
- Dot the apples with butter.
- Trim the edges of the pie with a sharp knife.
- In a food processor, mix the flour, brown sugar and butter together until crumbly.
- Stir in the walnuts and spoon the topping over the apples in the prepared pie crust.
- Bake the tart for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until the crust is light brown and the apple filling is bubbly.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes and serve.
For 15 years my husband, daughter and I owned and operated an apple orchard, where we raised 27 variations of apples on 2,200 trees. This easy apple tart recipe is my personal favorite. My family even prefers this wonderful dish with tart apples over traditional apple pie. I hope you enjoy it, too. -Marilyn Begres, Dexter, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat 3/4 cup sugar, stirring constantly until it is liquefied and golden brown. Remove from the heat. , In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Arrange half the apples in a single layer in skillet. Sprinkle with half the sugar mixture. Arrange half the remaining apples in circular pattern over sugar; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Place remaining apples over all, keeping the top as level as possible. Dot with butter. , Roll out dough to 11-in. circle; place over apples, pressing gently to completely cover. Do not flute. Bake at 400° until apples are tender and golden brown, about 50 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 115mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
APPLE TART WITH CREME FRAICHE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch springform pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Turn out onto a clean work surface and quickly form into a ball. Dust a large piece of plastic wrap with flour and place pastry on top. Cover with a second piece of plastic wrap and roll out between the wrap to fit the 9-inch springform pan.
- Place pastry into the bottom and the sides of the prepared springform and prick numerous times with a fork. Line pastry with parchment paper and a layer of pie weights or dried beans. Bake in the preheated oven until the pastry crust is firm but not hard, about 15 minutes. Let the pastry cool for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the parchment paper and weights; continue baking until the crust sets, about 5 minutes more.
- Layer thinly sliced apples evenly over the pre-baked pastry crust.
- Whisk creme fraiche, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Pour over apples.
- Bake tart in the preheated oven on top of a baking sheet (in case some filling spills) until tart is set and the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. The filling should still be a little wobbly, as it firms up while cooling.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Strain apricot jam through a sieve. Combine apricot jam and water in a saucepan and heat until runny, about 3 minutes. Brush the jam over the top of the tart. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over tart.
- Place tart under the broiler until the top is golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271.3 calories, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 80.4 mg, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 11.6 g, Sodium 21.6 mg, Sugar 13.8 g
FRESH APPLE TARTS
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Brush bottoms and sides of crusts with egg yolk. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes.2. In medium bowl toss together apples, brown sugar, flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into crusts.3. In small bowl combine pecans, granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over tarts. Bake on baking sheet for 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cool.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
More about "fresh apple tarts recipes"
10+ EASY APPLE TART RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE APPLE …
APPLE TART RECIPE (APPLE ROSE TART)
RUSTIC FRENCH APPLE TART - ONCE UPON A CHEF
THIN FRENCH APPLE TART RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
SIMPLE APPLE TART WITH FLAKY CRUST - INSPIRED TASTE
FRESH APPLE TARTS | RECIPESTY
QUICK APPLE TARTS RECIPE - MOMSDISH
FRESH APPLE TART RECIPE WITH OATMEAL AND ALMOND CRUST
FRESH APPLE TARTS - PLAIN.RECIPES
WINTER CITRUS TART RECIPE
THE EASIEST FRENCH APPLE TART | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
APPLE TART RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BEST APPLE PIE BUTTER TARTS RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
FRESH APPLE AND TOFFEE TART RECIPE | HERSHEY'S KITCHENS
APPLE TART WITH CRUMB TOPPING | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
APPLE TARTS RECIPES WITH FRESH APPLES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
DELICIOUS BAKED APPLE TART RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
15 EASY APPLE TART RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE APPLE TARTS
FRESH APPLE TARTS - FRUIT TART RECIPES
APPLE TART RECIPES WITH FRESH APPLES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
FRESH APPLE TARTS | RECIPE | APPLE TART, FRESH APPLES, BUTTER TARTS
EASY FRENCH APPLE TARTS RECIPE - INTERNATIONAL DESSERTS BLOG
CLASSIC IRISH APPLE TART - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
RUSTIC APPLE TART RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY APPLE TART WITH CARAMEL SAUCE | MOM ON TIMEOUT
SIMPLE APPLE TART RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
QUICK & APPLE TART RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE APPLE PUFF PASTRY
APPLE PIE TARTS - HOOKED ON HEAT
RUSTIC APPLE TART | MCCORMICK GOURMET
MINI APPLE TARTS - ACCIDENTAL HAPPY BAKER
5 INGREDIENT APPLE AND WHITE CHEDDAR TART - TASTING WITH TINA
FRENCH APPLE TART RECIPE WITH PASTRY CREAM - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY APPLE TART | GIMME SOME OVEN
FRESH APPLE AND TOFFEE TART | RECIPES - HERSHEYLAND
FRESH APPLE TARTS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES - MORE USEFUL INFORMATION HERE
EASY PUFF PASTRY APPLE TART - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
APPLE TART RECIPES - FRENCH, RUSTIC, MINI & MORE | TASTE …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best apple tart recipe?In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. While the dough is chilling, prepare the apple filling. In a medium bowl, toss diced apples with sugar and cinnamon. Mix in walnuts. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 16 3-inch tart pans.
How do you cook a frozen apple tart in the microwave?Brush dough with 1 teaspoon ice water, and sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. Bake the tart at 400° for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Place the preserves and 1 teaspoon water in a small microwave-safe bowl.
What is a French apple tart made of?Like an apple pie without the pan, this French apple tart consists of a thin layer of cinnamon-scented apples atop a buttery, flaky crust. Make the crust: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine the flour, salt and sugar.
How do you make pleated apple tart dough?Fold the edges of the dough over the apples in a free-form fashion, working your way around and creating pleats as you go. Patch up any tears by pinching a bit of dough from the edge. Using a pastry brush, brush the pleated dough evenly with the beaten egg.