HEAVENLY BLUEBERRY TART
Mmm-this tart is bursting with the fresh flavor of blueberries! Not only do I bake berries with the crust, but I also top the tart with more just-picked fruit after I take it out of the oven. -Lyin Schramm, Berwick, Maine
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Add vinegar, tossing with a fork to moisten. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. , For filling, lightly smash 2 cups blueberries in a bowl. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into smashed blueberries. Spread mixture evenly into crust; sprinkle with 1 cup of the remaining whole blueberries. Place tart pan on a baking sheet., Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Remove from the oven; arrange remaining berries over top. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380 calories, Fat 16g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 173mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
BLUEBERRY RASPBERRY PIE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Mash shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture is crumbly. Gradually add cold water as needed, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a flat work surface dusted with flour. Divide dough in half and form each half into a ball. Roll dough ball from center to edges into a circle 2 inches larger than the pie plate and about 1/8 inch thick. Wrap dough around rolling pin, starting on one side of the circle. Unroll over pie plate and trim dough. Roll remaining dough ball into a crust to fit the top of the pie and set aside.
- Beat egg white and 1 tablespoon water; brush over bottom of crust and set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a bowl. Gently stir blueberries and raspberries into the mixture to coat; pour into the crust. Top with reserved pie crust. Brush top of pie crust with 1 tablespoon water; sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over the moistened top. Cut a few slits into top crust with a sharp knife.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 45 minutes. Set pie onto wire rack to cool completely before refrigerating.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401.6 calories, Carbohydrate 57.9 g, Fat 17.7 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 227.1 mg, Sugar 26.7 g
BLUEBERRY CORNMEAL SHORTBREAD TART
Part tart, part crumble, this blueberry shortbread is an excellent way to use up as many blueberries as you can get your hands on. The exposed surface allows the fruit to cook down, thickening and getting jammy with just a little bit of flour to help it along. It's ideal for baking, slicing and bringing to any and all outdoor gatherings, or serving at home with a ridiculous amount of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories pies and tarts, dessert
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the crust and topping: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, confectioners' sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add melted butter, then use your hands or a wooden spoon to combine ingredients until no dry spots remain.
- Press half of the cornmeal mixture into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom (alternatively, use a 9-inch cake pan or springform pan, lined with parchment), making sure the mixture is evenly pressed on the bottom and about 1/2 inch up the sides. (Using something large and flat, like the bottom of a measuring cup, will be helpful.) Reserve the remaining mixture.
- Make the filling: Toss blueberries, brown sugar, vinegar, flour and salt together in a medium bowl. Pour the fruit into the crust.
- Crumble the remaining cornmeal mixture over the blueberries, pressing bits of the mixture together into large clumps as you go, as you would with a crisp or coffee-cake topping.
- Bake tart until the blueberry filling is bubbly and thickened, and both the crust and top are nicely browned, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let tart cool completely before slicing into triangles and serving. The tart can be baked up to 2 days ahead and stored tightly wrapped at room temperature or refrigerated (especially if your kitchen is hot or humid).
FRESH NO-BAKE FRUIT PIE
- Thoroughly combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries in a bowl. Scoop out 3/4 cup of mixed berries and place into a saucepan with 1 cup water and sugar; set remaining berries aside. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Whisk cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a bowl until smooth and stir the cornstarch mixture into the hot fruit syrup; stir until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Let the mixture cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the thickened berry mixture into fresh berries until thoroughly combined; pour berries and sauce into shortbread pie crust. Place in refrigerator until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232.4 calories, Carbohydrate 44.2 g, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 103.8 mg, Sugar 27.4 g
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together until they are just combined. Add the vanilla. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together. Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Press the dough into a 10-inch-round or 9-inch-square false-bottom tart pan, making sure that the finished edge is flat. Chill until firm.
- Butter one side of a square of aluminum foil to fit inside the tart and place it, buttered side down, on the pastry. Fill with beans or rice. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and beans, prick the tart all over with the tines of a fork, and bake again for 20 to 25 minutes more, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Spread the tart with raspberry preserves and place the raspberries, stem end down, in concentric circles. If you are making a square tart, place the raspberries in rows. Serve immediately.
FRESH RASPBERRY AND BLUEBERRY TARTS
- To make Tart Dough: In a food processor bowl, add all ingredients. Continue to pulse in processor. Remove dough and knead with a little bit of flour until a smooth ball forms. Wrap in plastic and cool for 1 hour.
- To make Filling: Combine all ingredients gently.
- To make Crumb Topping: Combine all ingredients in a food processor, until crumbly.
- To make Lavender Creme Fraiche: Mix all ingredients well.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 24 mini muffin cups. Roll dough out on work board to less than 1/4-inch in thickness. Cut into 2 1/2-inch diameter circles. Place dough rounds inside muffin cups.
- Place berry mixture inside the shells and add crumb topping. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with lavender creme fraiche.
FRESH RASPBERRY BLUEBERRY TART WITH A SHORTBREAD CRUST
- To make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 with the rack in the center position. Line a heavy-duty baking sheet with foil (see note below). Place the flour, salt, and brown sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse a few times to mix. Add the butter and almond extract to the work bowl and process for about 30 seconds, adding just enough water to make a soft dough. Gather the dough into a ball and place it on the baking sheet. Dust lightly with flour, then cover with a sheet of plastic wrap. Use the palms of your hands to press it into a 12-inch disk, with the edges slightly higher than the center (to contain the filling). Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow the crust to cool on a wire rack before filling. To fill the tart: Mix the mascarpone, 3 tablespoons of the confectioners' sugar, and the zest in a small bowl just to combine. Spread over the cooled crust. Scatter the berries over the filling, and just before serving dust with confectioners' sugar.
More about "fresh raspberry blueberry tart with a shortbread crust recipes"
BLUEBERRY TART - ERREN'S KITCHEN - RECIPES TO RELY ON
4.9/5 (29)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 388 per serving
- Using a food processor, or mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind, and brown sugar vigorously until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. It’s an important step to beat the butter and sugar well together when making shortbread as this ensures the shortbread is light, crisp, and will hold together.
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind, butter and one tablespoon of the milk. If it looks too thick, you can add a second tablespoon of milk.
RASPBERRY TART WITH A SHORTBREAD CRUST - THIS IS HOW I COOK
Reviews 1Servings 8Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 c sugar and salt. Cut in the butter, until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in the flour. Reserve 1/2 the mixture.
RECIPE: RASPBERRY TART WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST | INSTYLE.COM
- Whisk in the cornstarch. In a saucepan, warm the milk and pour it slowly over the egg mixture while whisking constantly.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until very thick, about 5 minutes.
SUMMER BERRY TART WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST | FEASTING AT …
5/5 (6)Total Time 3 hrs 5 minsCategory DessertCalories 285 per serving
- To make the crust, place butter, sugar and salt in a stand mixer, and with paddle attachment, whip on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down sides if necessary, about 3 minutes.
- Pat crumbled dough down into a 9 or 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom, then prick bottom all over with fork. Bake 20 minutes until golden. Remove and let cool. You can make this ahead.
BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE TART WITH A SHORTBREAD CRUST ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCalories 359 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 40 mins
- Put the flour, salt, and icing sugar into the bowl of a food processor and mix to blend. Add the butter chunks and pulse until a coarse meal forms with a few pieces of pea sized butter left.
- Press the mixture into the bottoms and sizes of a tart shell so that it is at least ¼" thick everywhere.
- Lightly cover the tart with foil and add pie weights (or dried beans) to ensure that the tart shell doesn't bubble up. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until light golden brown. Cool completely.
RASPBERRY BARS WITH BUTTERY SHORTBREAD BASE AND STREUSEL ...
Reviews 31Calories 358 per servingCategory Bar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour and cover a 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together just until combined. Add vanilla. Sift flour and salt together and, with mixer set on low, slowly add to butter until almost comes together as a dough ball.
- Separate dough and pat two-thirds into the prepared pan for the crust. Place remaining dough in refrigerator to chill. Bake crust for about twenty minutes or until lightly golden, then remove to a cooling rack.
- Mix fresh raspberries into the jam, mashing them with a fork. Some lumps will remain. Spread raspberry jam mixture over warm crust.
RUSTIC RASPBERRY TARTS - TWO CUPS FLOUR
5/5 (2)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
RASPBERRY PIE WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST - COOKING WITH ...
Reviews 3Servings 8Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- Add the flour, egg, sugar, cream and lemon juice, and salt to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse for a few seconds to combine the ingredients then add the butter and pulse again until the dough comes together in large chunks.
LEMON BLUEBERRY SHORTBREAD TART • WANDERLUST AND WELLNESS
Reviews 6Category DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- In a food processor, add the flour, sugar, and salt. Pulse to combine. Add in the 1/2 cup cold butter,one small chunk at a time. Continue to pulse until the dough starts to come together in clumps.
RASPBERRY BLUEBERRY TART - KIWI AND CARROT
Servings 8-10Total Time 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
SHORTBREAD CRUST FOR BARS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
LEMON TART WITH RASPBERRY SHORTBREAD CRUST RECIPE | I CAN ...
FRESH RASPBERRY TART RECIPE - STARK BRO'S
LEMON AND BLUEBERRY TART - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
VERY BERRY TART | BLUEBERRY BLACKBERRY RASPBERRY ...
LEMON TART RECIPE : ULTRA UNCOLA RECIPE | 7UPÂ® - SUBBUTTER
FRESH FRUIT TART CRUST RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
RECIPES FOR BLUEBERRY TARTS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
FRESH RASPBERRY AND BLUEBERRY TARTS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make blueberry tarts with blueberries?tart pan with removable bottom. For filling, lightly smash 2 cups of blueberries in a bowl. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into blueberries. Spread mixture evenly into crust; sprinkle with 1 cup blueberries.
How to make blueberry raspberry pie crust?Beat egg white and 1 tablespoon water; brush over bottom of crust and set aside. Combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a bowl. Gently stir blueberries and raspberries into the mixture to coat; pour into the crust. Top with reserved pie crust.
What do you put on a raspberry tart?This raspberry tart begins with a shortbread crust which is then topped with berries of your choice. Add a vanilla cream filling, a streusel topping and sprinkle with sugar to create a creme brulee type upper crust. Easy to do and perfect for Spring!
What is the difference between a raspberry tart and a galette?A Raspberry Tart is made with short crust pastry either shaped by hand or in a tart pan with a shortbread crust. Raspberry Galettes are open faced pies free formed with pie crust that fold over the center. So I guess this recipe is both!