GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; add potatoes, and boil until soft, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Combine potatoes with milk, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix with an electric mixer or potato masher to your desired consistency. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416.6 calories, Carbohydrate 57.3 g, Cholesterol 32.9 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 8.7 g, Protein 12.6 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 107.5 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
CREAMY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
Six garlic cloves and Parmesan cheese add savory depth to Alton Brown's Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes, from Good Eats on Food Network.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- Heat the half-and-half and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan; stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then serve.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
- In a small saucepan, bring the garlic and oil to a boil, then turn the heat to low and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned. Turn off the heat and set aside. The garlic will continue to cook in the oil.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water, bring to a boil, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are very tender. With a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the water, reserving the cooking water, and remove the garlic from the oil, reserving the oil.
- Process the potatoes and garlic through a food mill fitted with the medium disk. Add the reserved olive oil, 2 teaspoons of salt, the pepper, cream, and 3/4 cup of the cooking water to the potatoes and mix with a wooden spoon. Add more cooking water, if necessary, until the potatoes are creamy but still firm. Season, to taste, and serve hot.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
- Peel potatoes and quarter lengthwise; cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick. In a 5-quart saucepan, combine potatoes and garlic cloves; cover with water (about 8 cups) by 1 inch. Add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain; return garlic and potatoes to pan. Stir over medium-high heat until dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil; pour over potatoes. Add butter and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mash until smooth and creamy.
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover, plus 1/2 tsp.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the tip of a knife inserted into the potatoes meets no resistance, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil shimmers, add the garlic and saute, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and reduce by one third over medium heat, about 12 minutes.
- Thoroughly drain the potatoes.
- Transfer them to a large bowl or the bowl of a mixer and add the cream mixture.
- Using a hand masher and wooden spoon, or a mixer with a paddle attachment, whip the potatoes until smooth.
- Fold in the butter, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.9, Fat 20.2, SaturatedFat 11.2, Cholesterol 62, Sodium 54.7, Carbohydrate 56.2, Fiber 6.8, Sugar 2.5, Protein 7.3
JOE'S ROASTED GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut top 1/4 inch off garlic head and wrap head in foil. Roast garlic 40 to 50 minutes, or until very soft, and cool. Squeeze roasted garlic from head and reserve.
- In a 4-quart saucepan cover potatoes with water by 2 inches and simmer until very tender, about 30 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander (do not peel). Transfer potatoes while still hot to a large bowl and add butter. With an electric mixer on low speed mash slightly. Beat in sour cream, buttermilk, chives, and oil until combined well. Add Parmesan, reserved garlic, pepper, and salt to taste, beating until smooth.
CREAMY GARLIC MASHERS
This is a mashed potato recipe from Good Eats. I love Alton Brown and thought I would give these a try... make sure you figure out how much garlic you like.
Provided by MindyP679
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine potatoes in a large pot and just cover with cold tap water.
- Place over high heat and season water with 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt (it should taste like sea water).
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine buttermilk, heavy cream and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Keep this mixture barely simmering until the potatoes are done.
- As soon as the water comes to a boil, remove the lid and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until a potato chunk can easily be crushed with a pair of tongs.
- Drain, then return potatoes to the pan, return pot to heat and shake for 30 seconds so the surface water can evaporate.
- Remove pot and set on a towel or hot pads.
- Pour about half the garlic mixture into the potatoes and mash with an old-fashioned potato masher.
- Start tasting and looking at the consistency right away. If mashers seem dry or bland, add more of the garlic mixture. Avoid over mashing or you'll end up with gluey instead of fluffy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.6, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 11.1, Sodium 264.5, Carbohydrate 54.5, Fiber 6, Sugar 4.1, Protein 7.2
More about "garlic mashers recipes"
INCREDIBLE, SKINNY ROASTED GARLIC MASHERS | WW POINTS …
10 BEST CHEESY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
SKINNY GARLIC MASHERS (DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE)
PARMESAN GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
EASY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY …
EASY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - WAITROSE
GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES - DAMN DELICIOUS
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - SIMPLY RECIPES
12 GARLIC MASHED POTATO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GARLIC SWEET POTATO MASHERS | OLIVELLE THE ART OF ... - YUMMY RECIPES
GARLIC MASHERS RECIPES | BIGOVEN
STEAKHOUSE STYLE GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - CULINARY HILL
GARLIC MASHERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
CREAMY ROASTED GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
GARLIC MASHED RED POTATO RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
JEAN PIERRE GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - THERESCIPES.INFO
15 DELICIOUS RECIPES THAT ARE HEAVY ON GARLIC - THE SPRUCE EATS
IRISH BANGERS & ROASTED GARLIC MASH RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | MCCORMICK
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
GARLIC MASHERS - DIET.COM
GARLIC MASHERS - PREVENTION.COM
CREAMY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
ROASTED GARLIC MASHERS - THE COOKING MOM
BEST GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | STEAKHOUSE STYLE POTATOES
GARLIC MASHERS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ROASTED GARLIC MASHED POTATOES | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES | RICARDO
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - SWANSON
THE BEST BUTTERY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - DINNER AT THE ZOO
GARLIC MASHER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GREEK GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - THERESCIPES.INFO
GARLIC MASHERS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
ROASTED GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - FOX AND BRIAR
INCREDIBLE, SKINNY ROASTED GARLIC MASHERS RECIPE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #potatoes #vegetables #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-in-something #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love