- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook, skin-side down, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Separate the heads of garlic into cloves but do not peel. Flip the chicken; add the garlic and rosemary to the skillet and transfer to the oven. Roast until the chicken is cooked through but still moist, 15 to 20 more minutes.
- Place the bread on a platter and top each slice with a chicken breast. Add the vinegar to the skillet and scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add 3 tablespoons water and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Pour the sauce and garlic over the chicken and bread.
- Tip: You can squeeze the garlic out of its skin and spread on the chicken or bread.
GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS
- Mix olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a bowl or resealable bag; add chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator, 3 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Transfer chicken from marinade to a shallow baking pan. Discard remaining marinade. Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 calories, Carbohydrate 4 g, Cholesterol 64.6 mg, Fat 29.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 58.1 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
GARLIC-ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS
In this Garlic-Roasted Chicken Breasts dish, roasting softens and mellows the garlic. The garlic tops serve as a rack for the chicken. Garlic bottoms are flipped halfway through to soak up juices. Leftover chicken can be used in dishes like chicken enchiladas.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice tops from garlic heads, reserving the bottoms; arrange tops, cut sides down, in the center of an 11-by-17-inch roasting pan. Place 1 sprig of oregano over each garlic top, and arrange chicken breasts over garlic.
- Place reserved garlic bottoms, cut sides up, next to chicken in the pan. Drizzle chicken and garlic bottoms with the olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper; place remaining 4 sprigs of oregano on top.
- Roast chicken for 30 minutes; turn garlic bottoms cut sides down, and rotate the pan. Continue roasting chicken until skin is browned, juices run clear, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the meat registers 165 degrees, about 30 minutes more.
- Pour pan juices into a measuring cup; skim fat from the top. Serve juices with chicken and roasted garlic.
GARLIC-ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS
Thick chicken breasts can be hard to get just right; often you're left with a too-dry, too-bland dinner. But this high-heat roasting method results in crisp, crackly skin that gives way to moist flesh, perfumed throughout by a pocket filled with herbed garlic paste.
Provided by Ian Knauer
Yield Makes 4 (main course) servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 500°F with rack in upper third.
- Mince and mash garlic to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in oregano, red-pepper flakes, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Cut a 2-inch-long pocket (about 1 1/2 inches deep) horizontally in side of each breast half and spread 1/2 teaspoon garlic mixture into each pocket. Coat chicken with remaining garlic mixture.
- Roast chicken, skin sides up, in a foil-lined large shallow baking pan until just cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN
- As soon as you get the chicken home, salt it inside and out, wrap it and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, first preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pat the outside of the chicken dry with paper towels. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken and stuff the cavity with the all the garlic and lemon. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place it in a roasting pan just large enough to hold it and the vegetables. Scatter the onion slices, carrots and potatoes around the chicken. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter and cover with aluminum foil. Place the vegetables back in the oven and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked, carve the chicken and place the slices on the platter surrounded by the vegetables. Drizzle some pan juices over the chicken and vegetables.
ROASTED GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS
This is a quick & easy recipe that is full of flavor. It can be served alone or over rice. This recipe was passed on to me by a friend a few years ago and has been in my head ever since. I am finally putting it in writing, hope everyone enjoys it!
Provided by dsptchr_911
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat, add onions and saute for two minutes. More butter can be used if desired.
- Add chicken and season with pepper and season all to taste. Cook until no longer pink.
- Using a knife, cut a few small slits in each chicken breast. This will allow the flavor to absorb into the chicken.
- Poor chicken broth over the chicken and simmer for at least 15 minutes, turning occasionally to avoid scorching. More seasoning can be added while simmering if desired. If serving over rice, prepare rice while chicken is simmering.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.8, Fat 19.8, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 108.1, Sodium 469.6, Carbohydrate 2.6, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 1.2, Protein 32.7
JUICY BAKED CHICKEN BREAST WITH GARLIC AND PARMESAN
- Season chicken breasts with a little salt.
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Dip chicken breasts in the garlic oil, then into the bread crumb-Parmesan mixture. Place chicken in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.4 calories, Carbohydrate 15.5 g, Cholesterol 76 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 31.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 398.8 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN
This recipe is deceptively simple, yet it never fails to get rave reviews from family and friends alike. Any leftovers can be reheated for another night's meal.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup wine or broth, lime wedges, garlic, bay leaf and thyme. Pour into cavity of chicken. Pour remaining wine or broth in roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken with paprika. Loosely tent with foil. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes, basting occasionally. Remove foil; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally. Add additional wine or broth to pan of liquid evaporates. , Discard bay leaf and lime wedges. Remove chicken to a serving platter and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat. In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, bouillon and sherry or juice until smooth. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with chicken.
Nutrition Facts :
GARLIC-ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
The first time my Greek father-in-law made this chicken, he proudly shared the recipe with me. It's my favorite way to roast chicken.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Rub inside of chicken with 2 tablespoons butter. With a sharp knife, cut 16 small slits in chicken breast, drumsticks and thighs. Place a halved garlic clove in each slit. Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; tie drumsticks together. , Place remaining garlic in pan. Pour half of the broth over chicken. Combine oil and lemon juice; pour half over chicken. Rub remaining butter over chicken. Combine the oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder; sprinkle half over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes., Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in pan. Drizzle remaining oil mixture and broth over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle remaining oregano mixture over chicken. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer; baste. Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting several times. Thicken pan juices if desired. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 calories, Fat 26g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 103mg cholesterol, Sodium 567mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
ROASTED GARLIC CHICKEN
Killer roasted chicken infused with garlic and herbs. This has become a family favorite that was inspired by a couple of different garlic chicken recipes (either the garlic was overcooked or the skin was not so good and crisp). Serve it with the baguette to sop up the juices and smear with garlic.
Provided by Stephanie in Pittsb
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 F Lightly coat the bottom of your roasting pan with olive oil, place garlic in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Remove pan from oven.
- While your garlic is roasting, wash and pat dry the chicken.
- Loosen the skin around the breasts and place 1/3 of the thyme and tarragon under the skin.
- Squeeze half of the lemon juice into the cavity then sprinkle coarse salt and pepper inside to season.
- Place another 1/3 of the herbs inside the cavity; fill the rest of the cavity with as many cloves of garlic as will fit, setting the rest aside.
- Tie the legs together with cooking twine.
- Place the chicken in your roasting pan and surround with the remaining herbs.
- Drizzle skin with olive oil; massage to coat and then sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken for an hour and 10 minutes.
- Add remaining garlic to the pan around the chicken and continue roasting for about 20 more minutes.
- Your total roasting time should be around 1 1/2 hours, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thigh reads between 170- 175 F or the thigh juices run clear when pricked.
- If the chicken is looking too brown (or just brown enough) when you add the garlic for the final 20 minutes, just loosely cover it with foil for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest, covered with foil, for at least 15 minutes.
- In the meantime skim the fat from the pan juices.
- Place the chicken on a platter surrounded with roasted garlic cloves, and spilling out from the cavity.
- Spoon pan juices over the chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 984.6, Fat 56.1, SaturatedFat 14.1, Cholesterol 207, Sodium 662.9, Carbohydrate 57.7, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 0.7, Protein 61.4
GARLIC-ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle chicken with sage, salt and pepper. Heat oil in medium oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, boil garlic cloves in small saucepan of water for 2 minutes; drain. Rinse under cold water to cool; peel.
- Arrange garlic cloves around chicken in skillet. Pour wine over. Cover skillet; bake chicken and garlic 10 minutes. Uncover; baste chicken with pan juices. Bake chicken uncovered until cooked through, about 8 minutes longer. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plates.
- Boil pan juices over high heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon garlic sauce over chicken.
More about "garlic roasted chicken breasts recipes"
EASY LEMON GARLIC BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - INSPIRED TASTE
10 BEST BAKED GARLIC CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
PERFECT GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES - THE …
GARLIC-BREADED ROAST CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - PUREWOW
10 BEST OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED SPLIT CHICKEN BREAST - REAL FOOD WHOLE LIFE
GARLIC BUTTER BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - LITTLE …
GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH VEGGIES | BUSY BUT …
ONE PAN CREAMY GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
GARLIC BUTTER BAKED CHICKEN BREAST (HELATHY & DELICIOUS)
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
CRISPY GARLIC BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS - THE LEMON BOWL®
GARLIC, LEMON & THYME ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS - DELISH D'LITES
GARLIC BUTTER ROAST CHICKEN - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST | NOT TOO SWEET
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN BREAST | RECIPETIN EATS
15-MINUTE GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN (EASY STOVETOP RECIPE ... - AVERIE …
BEST ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH GARLIC & ROSEMARY RECIPES ...
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC BUTTER - CLASSIC SUNDAY DINNER RECIPE
30-MINUTE GARLIC HERB BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - BUDGET BYTES
GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
LEMON GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN - STEP BY STEP PHOTOS - BUDGET BYTES
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - EATWELL101
CREAMY ROASTED GARLIC CHICKEN | KEVIN IS COOKING
ROASTED GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN WITH LEMON OLIVE DRESSING.
GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS BEST RECIPES
BEST GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
GARLIC-ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS - BIGOVEN.COM
CRISPY ROASTED GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE | GIMME SOME OVEN
GARLIC AND HERB BAKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - SCRAMBLED CHEFS
CREAMY GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS - CAFE DELITES
LEMON GARLIC BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS - THE ROASTED ROOT
CHICKEN BREAST WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES AND GARLIC BUTTER
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC & HERBS - FEELGOODFOODIE
GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN - GIRL WITH THE IRON CAST
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken and garlic Roast in oven?Directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice tops from garlic heads, reserving the bottoms; arrange tops, cut sides down, in the center of an 11-by-17-inch roasting pan. Place 1 sprig of oregano over each garlic top, and arrange chicken breasts over garlic. 2. Place reserved garlic bottoms, cut sides up, next to chicken in the pan.
What is garlic-roasted chicken breasts?In this Garlic-Roasted Chicken Breasts dish, roasting softens and mellows the garlic. The garlic tops serve as a rack for the chicken.
How do you cook chicken breast in a roasting pan?Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice tops from garlic heads, reserving the bottoms; arrange tops, cut sides down, in the center of an 11-by-17-inch roasting pan. Place 1 sprig of oregano over each garlic top, and arrange chicken breasts over garlic.
How do you cook chicken breast with garlic and Rosemary?Separate the heads of garlic into cloves but do not peel. Flip the chicken; add the garlic and rosemary to the skillet and transfer to the oven. Roast until the chicken is cooked through but still moist, 15 to 20 more minutes. Place the bread on a platter and top each slice with a chicken breast.