STEAK GAUCHO-STYLE WITH ARGENTINIAN CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- Preheat a grill.
- Place all chimichurri sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed. Reserve.
- Dissolve cayenne pepper and salt in 1 cup hot water. Transfer to a squeeze container.
- Place the steak directly over a hot grill, baste with the chimichurri grilling sauce, and grill until the outer portion of the meat reaches the desired degree of doneness. Remove the steak from the grill and slice long strips from the outer edges of the steak. Instruct guests to pick up a steak slice from the cutting board with their fingers, place it on a slice of baguette, and enjoy. Return the remaining steak to the grill, baste, and grill until more of the steak is cooked. Remove and repeat the slicing and serving procedure until steak is consumed. For extra spicy steak, baste 2 or 3 additional times with the cayenne pepper mixture during grilling process. Spoon chimichurri sauce over steak. (Also brilliant on any grilled fish or chicken)
- Recommended beverage: Argentinian Malbec (red)
This recipe contains a flavorful and simple technique for grilling beef steak, which also works well on pork ribs. The result is savory, juicy meat.
Provided by Northwest Lynnie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Stir the hot water, salt, and cayenne pepper together and let stand, covered.
- Bring steaks to room temperature.
- Pat them dry with paper towels.
- Grill steaks over direct heat, basting each side twice with a small spoonful of the pepper mixture during grilling.
- Cook the steaks for about 10 minutes per side, depending on their thickness, the heat of your flame, and your preference for degree of doneness.
- I prefer to grill with charcoal for its added flavor.
GAUCHO-GRILLED STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- Combine the garlic, jalapeno and vinegar in a bowl. Stir in the parsley, oregano, and lime juice. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside at room temperature to allow the flavors to marry.
- Marinate the steak in olive oil for 30 minutes, turning to coat both sides.
- Preheat an outdoor charcoal grill or oven broiler to high. Remove the steak from the oil and season both sides with a generous amount of salt and pepper; you should see the seasoning on the meat. Grill the steaks on the hottest part of the barbecue for 4 minutes per side, until well charred. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut the steak across the grain on the diagonal and fan the slices out on a platter. Spoon some chimichurri over the meat and serve with the remaining sauce at the table.
GAUCHO STEAKS WITH CHIMICHURRI VINAIGRETTE
- For the chimichurri vinaigrette: Mix the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, cilantro, hoja sante if using, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Add the parsley just before serving. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- For the steaks: Using tongs, roast the chiles over a stove top flame, rotating so the chiles blacken evenly on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes. (Alternatively, place on a pan under the broiler and broil a few minutes each side until blackened.) Place the chiles in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand for 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel the charred skin. Stem and seed the chiles and slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- In the olive oil, slowly cook the garlic in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the cloves are fragrant and have softened, about 10 minutes. When cool, cut into thin slices, or you can also leave whole.
- Lay the steaks flat on a work surface. Make 3 incisions in each steak parallel to the work surface to create pockets. Stuff each with roasted chiles and garlic. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks over medium-high heat to the desired doneness, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve with the chimichurri vinaigrette.
GRILLED GAUCHO STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in the grill.
- Lightly brush the onion slices with olive oil. Place on the grill and cook about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter and reserve. Place the steaks on the grill. Baste a couple of times with Chili Water and cook until done, about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter.
- Lightly brush the pita bread with olive oil and grill for 1 minute to heat through.
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/4-inch slices and then cut the slices in half. Lay out the pita bread on 2 sheet pans and crumble the blue cheese on top. Transfer to the oven to keep warm. Slice the meat lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices and put into a bowl. Toss the meat with 1/2 cup Chimichurri Sauce. Remove the pita from the oven and divide the meat between them. Place the sliced tomatoes on the side of the meat and top all with rings of grilled onion. Spoon the remaining 1 teaspoon of Chimichurri Sauce over top and serve.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place the parsley, bay leaves, garlic, paprika, oregano, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Put the sauce in a glass or plastic container, using as needed. Chimichurri will last for up to 1 month, refrigerated.
GAUCHO STEAK WITH 4-HERB CHIMICHURRI - GUY'S BIG BITE
I love to try different variations of chimichurri, found this recipe on www.foodtv.com. Cannot wait to try it.
Provided by Cristina Barry
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- For the steak:.
- Combine all ingredients, and let steak marinate, refrigerated, for 1 to 3 hours.
- Heat grill or pan to high heat, cook skirt steak to medium-rare, let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then cut on bias in 1/4 inch pieces, and top with chimichuri sauce.
- For 4-herb chimichurri:
- Mix all ingredients lightly in food processor until a coarse sauce is formed.
- Set aside for 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 488.7, Fat 30.8, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 100.3, Sodium 1007.2, Carbohydrate 4.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 0.7, Protein 46.4
GAUCHO CAYENNE STEAK DIABLO
- Place the parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, oregano, shallots, olive oil, sherry, and lemon juice, in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped well, but not pureed. Reserve.
- Dissolve cayenne pepper and salt in 1 cup hot water. Transfer to a squeeze bottle container.
- Place the steak directly over a hot grill, baste with the cayenne grilling sauce, and grill until the outer portion of the meat reaches the desired degree of doneness.
- Remove the steak from the grill and slice long strips from the outer edges of the steak. Instruct guests to pick up a steak slice from the cutting board with their fingers, place it on a slice of baguette, and enjoy. Return the remaining steak to the grill, baste, and grill until more of the steak is cooked.
- Remove and repeat the slicing and serving procedure until steak is consumed.
- For extra spicy steak, baste 2 or 3 additional times during grilling process.
- Serve the chimichurri sauce alongside the steak.
More about "gaucho steak recipes"
GAUCHO STEAKHOUSE RUB - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
COWBOY STEAKS | RECIPES | KALAMAZOO OUTDOOR GOURMET
GAUCHO GRILLED STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE RECIPE RECIPE
GAUCHO STEAK RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
STEAK GAUCHO RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
GAUCHO STYLE STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE - THE GOURMANDISE …
GAUCHO STEAK WITH FOUR-HERB CHIMICHURRI BY GUY FIERI
GRILLED GAUCHO STEAK WITH 4-HERB CHIMICHURRI RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GAUCHO STEAK WITH FOUR-HERB CHIMICHURRI RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
RECIPES ARCHIVES - EL GAUCHO
GAUCHO CHEESESTEAKS RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
GAUCHO STEAK WITH FOUR-HERB CHIMICHURRI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GAUCHO STEAK RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TRUST THE GAUCHO | FLANK STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
COWBOY STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI
TOP 7 STEAK RUB RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRIDDLED GAUCHO STEAK WITH BREAD-AND-BASIL SALAD RECIPE
GRILLED GAUCHO STEAK WITH BLUE CHEESE AND PITA - WHAT I REALLY THINK
GAUCHO STEAK WITH 4-HERB CHIMICHURRI - FOOD NETWORK
GAUCHO STEAK | RECIPES | KALAMAZOO OUTDOOR GOURMET
GAUCHO-STYLE FLATBREAD FOR #KIKKOMANSABOR - EASY AND DELISH
GRILLED GAUCHO STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE - RECIPE TALK
GRILLED GAUCHO STEAK WITH 4-HERB CHIMICHURRI RECIPE - DELISH
RECIPES - GAUCHORANCH.COM
COOK LIKE A GAUCHO WITH THESE ARGENTINE STYLE GRILLING TIPS
GAUCHO STEAKHOUSE ROTISSERIE PICANHA W/GRILLED GARLIC
GRILLED GAUCHO STEAK WITH BLUE CHEESE AND PITA | COOKSTR.COM
GAUCHO STEAKS WITH CHIMICHURRI VINAIGRETTE - GOING MY WAYZ
GAUCHO-STYLE FLATBREAD - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
GAUCHO GRILLED STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE VIDEOS RECIPE
GRILLED GAUCHO STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI - COOKING AT THE CABIN
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #barbecue #easy #meat #steak #equipment #grilling
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you serve Gaucho Steak with chimichurri?“Cut the steak across the grain on the diagonal and fan the slices out on a platter. Spoon some chimichurri over the meat and serve with the remaining sauce at the table. ” Guy Fieri’s Gaucho Steak with 4-Herb Chimichurri.
What is a Gaucho Steak in Argentina?The Gaucho Steak. Quick Summary: Grilled steak with chimichurri is not called a gaucho steak in Argentina. Often refers to grilled steak that is marinated, basted, or served with chimichurri.
How do Gauchos eat their meat?They were known to slaughter a cow in the middle of nowhere, cut out the best parts, roast them, and eat until their bellies were full. The remaining carcass was left for the critters in the wild. Gauchos didn’t have Weber grills to sear rib-eye steaks for 3 minutes per side with a bowl of chimichurri waiting on the side.
Did the original Gauchos have Weber grills?Gauchos didn’t have Weber grills to sear rib-eye steaks for 3 minutes per side with a bowl of chimichurri waiting on the side. In fact, they didn’t even cut and cook steaks as many do today. Gauchos took their large chunks of meat and secured them to metal or wooden spits next to a fire.