APRICOT BAKED BRIE
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil or cooking parchment paper; lightly spray foil or paper with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix preserves, pecans and onion; set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll pastry into 10x14-inch rectangle. Using the round of cheese as a pattern, cut a pastry circle 3 to 4 inches larger than the cheese. Set aside excess pastry.
- Spread half of the preserves mixture in center of pastry circle, leaving 3-inch edge. Place 1 cheese round (in rind) on preserves. Spoon remaining preserves over cheese. Top with remaining cheese round.
- Gently fold edges of pastry up and over cheese to cover, folding and pinching edges to seal. Place seam side down on cookie sheet. Cut out decorative pieces from excess pastry. Brush pastry with whipping cream; place pastry cutouts on top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 105 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 1/2 g
BAKED STUFFED BRIE WITH CRANBERRIES & WALNUTS
One of the most common mistakes people make when serving cheese is not letting it come to room temperature first, so that all the flavors can be fully realized. This beautiful baked stuffed brie takes that principle to the next level.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Score the side of a wheel of brie all the way around with a sharp paring knife. Cut directly on the "equator" through the rind. Using a long piece of string or dental floss, wrap the string around the brie on the newly made cut. Loop one end of the string over the other (a half knot). Then pulling the ends of the string in opposite directions, cut the brie in half.
- Press the dried cranberries on one cut side of the brie, and the walnuts on the other. Quickly put the 2 sides back together with the cranberries on top of the walnuts. Press together and stuff back in any cranberries or walnuts that fell out.
- Roll out a thawed sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface to about 1/8-inch thickness. Place brie in center of pastry. Gently pull up edges to ensure you have enough dough to entirely wrap the brie. You can trim off the corners if there is too much dough. Brush the dough with the egg wash. Fold one edge of the dough over the brie and then the opposite side. Fold over the remaining edges and complexly encase the brie. You can trim off excess pieces of dough, if necessary. Flip the brie over so the seam is at the bottom; gently press in the sides to snug the dough against the brie. Brush the top and sides of the wrapped brie with egg wash.
- If you choose to decorate the brie with cut-out shapes of additional puff pastry, use very cold (almost still frozen) dough to ensure sharp lines. Lightly brush the decorative pieces with egg wash. Place the brie in the freezer for one hour (this is a crucial step; see note below).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the brie on the prepared baking sheet. Bake on the center rack in preheated oven until it is browned and leaking cheese, about 20 minutes. (Only rarely does the brie not leak through, but 20 to 25 minutes is about how long it takes to melt the cheese and brown the pastry.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.4 g, Cholesterol 48.8 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 9.3 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 261.3 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
BRIE WITH APRICOT TOPPING
Folks will think you fussed over this pretty appetizer, but it took our Test Kitchen only minutes to top a round of smooth and creamy brie with warm sweet apricots. This is one easy appetizer certain to make any occasion "special."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, combine first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in rosemary. , Trim rind from top of cheese. Place cheese in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Spoon apricot mixture over cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is softened, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm, with crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 204mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
BAKED BRIE WITH DRIED APRICOTS AND PISTACHIOS
Inspired by mincemeat, the dried fruit and nut mixture piled on the brie in this recipe includes warm spices like allspice and pepper, while a bit of vinegar keeps the sweetness in check. Prepared pie dough keeps it all wrapped together and bakes up golden brown and flaky. If you are feeling artistic, save your pie dough scraps and add some decorations to your wrapped brie using the egg wash to secure them.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the dried apricots, apple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, allspice, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until the apricots are plump and all the liquid has been absorbed, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool; stir in the pistachios.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the pie dough on a clean surface; gently roll out the outer 2 inches of the dough to make the edges slightly thinner. Put the brie in the center of the dough and top with the fruit-and-nut mixture. Trim about 1 inch off the edge of the dough, all the way around. Brush the edge with some of the beaten egg. Pull the dough up and over the cheese to meet in the middle, folding and pleating as needed; pinch the dough at the top to seal. Transfer the wrapped cheese to the baking sheet and brush with the remaining beaten egg. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚ F. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the cheese is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve with apple and/or pear slices.
BAKED APRICOT BRIE
I served this at a Harvest Tea and everyone loved it. I originally found it at reciperewards.com I decided to post it for Zaar World Tour 05.
Provided by Amis227
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place cheese in small baking pan. Spread top of cheese with preserves; sprinkle with almonds. Bake about 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and lose its shape. Serve hot with assorted crackers. Refrigerate leftovers; reheat before serving.
More about "giant baked brie with apricots and walnuts recipes"
THE BEST EASY BAKED BRIE RECIPE 3 FLAVORFUL WAYS ...
4.2/5 (12)Total Time 20 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 64 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Use a sharp knife to cut along the top inside edge of the round of brie, then remove the top rind. If the top is shaggy or uneven, don't worry, it will smooth as it bakes. Place the brie in a 6-8 ounce gratin baking dish or cast-iron pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top the brie with fig jam, cranberries and the toasted pecans and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. Serve hot with fruit and nut crackers, baguette or kettle chips.
BAKED BRIE WITH WALNUTS & APRICOTS - BRIE RECIPE ...
1/5 Category AppetizerCuisine French, AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
BAKED BRIE WITH MAPLE GLAZED WALNUTS - CALIFORNIA WALNUTS
10/10 (1)Calories 149 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
BAKED BRIE IN PUFF PASTRY WITH WALNUTS AND APRICOT
Cuisine AmericanCategory AppetizerServings 8Total Time 35 mins
- Spoon the apricot jam on the middle of the puff pastry sheet. Spread it in a circle the size of the brie wheel. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on the jam. Place the brie wheel on top.
EASY BAKED BRIE RECIPE WITH JAM AND NUTS | THE ...
4.8/5 (21)Calories 226 per servingCategory Appetizer
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced dried figs with the nuts. Add half of the fig jam and mix well to coat the nut mixture.
- Place the round of brie in a small cast iron skillet or oven-safe dish. Using a small knife, coat the brie with the remainder of the jam or honey.
BAKED BRIE WITH HONEY AND WALNUTS - MOUNTAIN MAMA COOKS
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Place the brie into a small oven proof dish or pan. Place into the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, until softened. I like mine oozy so go a few extra minutes. If you just want the brie soft, check at 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile toast walnuts by placing them in a skillet over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the nuts are fragrant and toasted. This will take 3-4 minutes.. Watch carefully as the walnuts can burn quickly. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine toasted walnuts, chopped rosemary, dried cranberries if using and the honey. Stir until completely combined.
- Remove brie from oven and spoon over the walnut mixture over the top. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of sea salt and serve immediately.
BAKED BRIE WITH APRICOTS, ROSEMARY, AND BALSAMIC - A ...
Servings 12Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a small sauce pan, combine all ingredients except Brie. Stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil, then turn the heat to low. Allow to simmer 5-7 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove the top rind from the Brie. (About 1/8" off the top.) Place the Brie in an oven safe baking dish, exposed cheese side up. Pour dried apricot sauce on top of the Brie, and bake for 10 minutes, until Brie is very soft and melty.
BAKED BRIE WITH BERRIES AND WALNUTS | CREATIVE CULINARY
5/5 (9)Total Time 30 minsCategory All RecipesCalories 546 per serving
EASY NUTS AND CRANBERRIES BAKED BRIE [WITHOUT PUFF PASTRY]
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 247 per serving
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar, nuts, cranberries, and Amaretto. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the brie is slightly softened. Spread the sugar mixture in an even layer on top of the warm brie and bake for 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until the sugar melts.
BAKED BRIE WITH FRUIT AND TOASTED WALNUTS |YOUR HOMEBASED MOM
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 87 per serving
GIANT BAKED BRIE WITH APRICOTS AND WALNUTS RECIPE | FOOD ...
5/5 (1)Difficulty EasyCategory AppetizerSteps 6
MAPLE WALNUT BAKED BRIE - THE WELL SEASONED MOM
Cuisine American, FrenchEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Appetizer
BAKED BRIE WITH TOASTED WALNUTS AND FRUIT COMPOTE ...
Estimated Reading Time 30 secsCalories 416 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
BRIE WITH WALNUTS RECIPES
GIANT BAKED BRIE WITH APRICOTS AND WALNUTS RECIPES
GIANT BAKED BRIE WITH APRICOTS AND WALNUTS – RECIPES NETWORK
SWEET AND SAVORY BAKED BRIE WITH PECANS & HONEY TOPPING
BAKED BRIE CHEESE APPETIZER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GIANT BAKED BRIE WITH APRICOTS AND WALNUTS RECIPES | FOOD ...
10 BEST BAKED BRIE WITH FRUIT AND NUTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BAKED BRIE WITH FRUIT RECIPES | YUMMLY
GIANT BAKED BRIE WITH APRICOTS AND WALNUTS | RECIPE | FOOD ...
GIANT BAKED BRIE WITH APRICOTS AND WALNUTS RECIPES | FOOD ...
GIANT BAKED BRIE WITH APRICOTS AND WALNUTS | JMO | COPY ME ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is apricot cranberry baked Brie?Apricot Cranberry Baked Brie is the ultimate appetizer with a sweet nut topping. This baked brie appetizer will be perfect for get togethers and small parties. Need something that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare?
How do you make a walnut and Brie sandwich?In a small bowl, combine toasted walnuts, chopped rosemary, dried cranberries if using and the honey. Stir until completely combined. Remove brie from oven and spoon over the walnut mixture over the top. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of sea salt and serve immediately.
How to make baked Brie recipe?Step-by-step Instructions for baked brie recipe. (scroll down for the print-friendly recipe) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the fig jam/preserves in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften. In a small bowl, combine the sliced dried figs with the nuts. Add half of the fig jam and mix well to coat the nut mixture.
What is brownbrown sugar walnut baked Brie?Brown Sugar Walnut Baked Brie is the perfect blend of savory and sweet and makes a delicious holiday appetizer recipe! Serve it with fresh bread, apple slices, or crackers for a quick and easy snack that's sure to please all your holiday guests! I partnered with Truvia to bring you this recipe.