- Preheat pizzelle baker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir white sugar, brown sugar, molasses, and orange zest into saucepan until well-combined. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Add eggs; mix until smooth. Stir in remaining flour mixture, mixing until batter is smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the preheated pizzelle baker. Bake until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85.7 calories, Carbohydrate 12.2 g, Cholesterol 26.7 mg, Fat 3.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 62.8 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
Hailing from Abruzzo in Central Italy, pizzelle are crisp, flat waffle-esque cookies made in a special hot iron. Like mostaccioli, these cookies predate Christmas -- in fact, it is said that this is the oldest known cookie recipe on earth, dating back to the 8th century BC. In olden times, presses were made from cast iron and would be heated over a fire, or directly on the stovetop. You can still find those irons if you're up to the challenge, but electric irons are much easier to use, and very easy to find both online and at major retailers.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 to 4 dozen cookies, depending on size of iron
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk together the sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, anise extract if using and eggs in a large bowl. Add the flour, baking powder and salt, and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth. Allow to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour so the batter can hydrate.
- Heat the pizzelle iron, and cook your pizzelles according to the manufacturer's directions.
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLES RECIPE - (3.6/5)
Provided by Okcoja
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix together the eggs and sugar. Mix in the spices and molasses. Mix in the melted butter and then the baking powder. Finally add the flour and mix well. Bake the batter in your pizzelle iron and let cool. The flavor is best a few days after they are made. Store in an airtight container or cookie tin.
This recipe was adapted from one that my Italian-born mother and grandmother followed. They used old irons on a gas stove, but now we have the convenience of electric pizzelle irons. These delectable cookies are still a traditional treat in our family. —Elizabeth Schwartz, Trevorton, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oils until smooth. Gradually add flour and mix well., Bake in a preheated pizzelle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 113 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 15mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
PIZZELLE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- To make the pizzelles: Preheat the pizzelle iron to medium-high heat. Whisk the sugar, egg whites, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl to blend. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the flour and whisk just until blended.
- Brush the pizzelle cooking surfaces with some of the remaining melted butter. Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter in the center of the pizzelle iron. Close the iron and cook until deep golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer the pizzelles to a cooling rack. Cool completely. Trim off any excess pizzelle along the edges. Store the pizzelles airtight at room temperature.
- To make the ice cream sandwiches: Gently spread the chocolate-hazelnut spread over 1 side of 12 pizzelles. Cut the ice cream carton to remove the ice cream from the carton in one piece. Starting at the widest end of the piece of ice cream, cut the ice cream crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Place 1 slice of ice cream atop each coated pizzelle. (Alternately, the ice cream can be scooped atop the pizzelle.) Top each with a second pizzelle, pressing gently to adhere. Arrange the sandwiches on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight and keep frozen,)
- Dust the ice cream sandwiches with powdered sugar and serve.
- Cook's Note: If the ice cream sandwiches are eaten immediately, the pizzelles will be crisp. However, if the sandwiches freeze overnight, the pizzelles will soften just enough to allow the sandwiches to be cut into wedges, if desired.
More about "gingerbread pizzelle recipes"
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLES TO HELP WITH THE AFTER-TURKEY BLOAT
Reviews 4Category DessertCuisine ItalianEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Grease the plates of the pizzelle iron generously with butter or coconut oil. Preheat the pizzelle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Set up a cooling rack close to where you are baking the pizzelles. Once you start cooking them you need to work fast.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and maple syrup together until light and fluffy. I use a wire whisk and beat it by hand. It’s not a difficult batter to work with by hand.
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLE AT MARCELLINA IN CUCINA
4.8/5 (6)Total Time 50 minsCategory Cookies, DessertCalories 131 per serving
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLE WITH EGGNOG BUTTERCREAM FILLING
GLUTEN-FREE PIZZELLE RECIPE: THIN AND CRISP PIZZELLES
THE VERY BEST PIZZELLE RECIPE - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
LEMON-VANILLA PIZZELLES, TAKE 1 - THE SPICED LIFE
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLE - MANGIA BENE PASTA
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLE CANNOLI WITH CARDAMOM FILLING
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN PIZZELLE RECIPE | HILDAS KITCHEN BLOG
PIZZELLE COOKIES - SKINNYTASTE
GINGERBREAD AND CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT PIZZELLES BY …
CLASSIC PIZZELLE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
10 BEST PIZZELLE FLAVORING RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: GINGERBREAD PIZZELLES | PIZZELLE RECIPE, PIZZELLE, PIZZELLE …
ALMOND PIZZELLES | RICARDO
GINGER MOLASSES PIZZELLES - SERENA LISSY
GINGERBREAD COOKIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FAMILY FAVORITES: GINGERBREAD PIZZELLES - BLOGGER
PIZZELLE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLES - PREGO PIZZELLE BAKER - APPLIANCE.RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE PIZZELLE AT HOME - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLE | RECIPESTY
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLES RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | PIZZELLE RECIPE ...
PIZZELLE DELLA NONNA: A CLASSIC ITALIAN COOKIE! - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
LEMON PIZZELLE RECIPE | MARCELLINA IN CUCINA
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLES - CINNAMON AND SUGAR
RECIPE: GINGERBREAD PIZZELLES - RECIPELINK.COM
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLE BEST DISHES - BEST RECIPES FOR HOME COOKING
GINGERBREAD PIZZELLE - PLAIN.RECIPES
GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GINGERBREAD PROTEIN PIZZELLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are gingerbread pizzelles made of?Gingerbread Pizzelles are natural digestive aids. They traditionally include anise seed, lemon peel, bitter chocolate, ginger, cinnamon, or cardamom. These are spices that fit into the bitter and/or carminative actions of herbs and spices.
How do you cook pizza batter in a pizzelle?Add the flour, baking powder and salt, and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth. Allow to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour so the batter can hydrate. Heat the pizzelle iron, and cook your pizzelles according to the manufacturer's directions.
Are gingerbread pizzelles good for digestion?Or you can nibble some digestive aids like these gingerbread pizzelles and skip the sluggish bloat. Ginger is a prime digestive. It stokes the inner fire and warms up sluggish digestion, which makes you feel better. Ginger pizzelles are good for upset stomachs and nausea, too. Or just enjoy them as a light snack at any time of day.
What are pizzelle cookies?Watch how to make this recipe. Hailing from Abruzzo in Central Italy, pizzelle are crisp, flat waffle-esque cookies made in a special hot iron. Like mostaccioli, these cookies predate Christmas -- in fact, it is said that this is the oldest known cookie recipe on earth, dating back to the 8th century BC.