THREE CHEESE AND ARTICHOKE CALZONES
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Lightly sprinkle a heavy nonstick baking sheet with cornmeal. Set aside.
- In the bowl of the food processor, add the artichoke hearts, Pecorino Romano, ricotta, fontina, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Pulse until combined and chunky.
- Using a knife, cut the pizza dough into quarters. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into four 6-inch circles, each about 1/4-inch thick. Using a pastry brush, brush the dough with the egg white. Place a quarter of the filling on one side of each circle of dough. Fold the dough over the filling, forming a half circle. Pinch the edges of dough firmly together and crimp to seal. Place the prepared individual calzone on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle the calzones with extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Using a sharp knife, cut a slit on the top of each calzone. Bake until golden brown and the filling is bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve alongside warmed tomato-basil sauce.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Make the filling: Mix the mozzarella, ricotta, basil, scallions, 1/4 cup parmesan and the breadcrumbs in a medium bowl until combined. Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface into a 7-to-8-inch round.
- Spoon one-quarter of the filling onto one half of each dough round, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Lightly brush the edges of the dough with some of the beaten egg; fold the dough over the filling and crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Transfer the calzones to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the calzones with the remaining beaten egg and cut 2 slits in the top of each to let steam escape. Sprinkle the calzones with the remaining 2 teaspoons parmesan, then bake until golden brown and cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce, the salami and giardiniera.
GOAT CHEESE CALZONE
- Combine the yeast, sugar and one-third cup of water in a large bowl. Set aside about five minutes, until the mixture becomes frothy. Stir in the remaining water, the salt, three tablespoons of the olive oil and the pepper. Add the flour a cup at a time until the dough can be gathered into a ball.
- Knead the dough on a work surface dusted with flour, about six minutes, adding more flour as necessary to keep the dough from sticking. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, turn to oil all sides, cover tightly with a cloth or piece of paper towel and set aside to rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Meanwhile, heat half the remaining oil in a skillet. Add the red pepper and onion and saute until barely beginning to brown. Stir in the garlic, saute a few seconds longer, then remove from the heat.
- When the dough has doubled, punch it down and divide it into four equal portions. Roll each into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Oil a large baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the dough circles, to within an inch of the edges, with the remaining oil. Scatter the sauteed vegetables over half of each dough circle. Arrange the tomato slices on the vegetables, then spinkle with the prosciutto. Crumble the goat cheese on top, then add the mozzarella.
- Fold each dough circle in half, brush the edges with warm water and pinch them tightly closed. Cut one or two slashes in the top to make steam vents.
- Place on the baking sheet, place in the oven and bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Allow the calzones to cool briefly, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 941, UnsaturatedFat 23 grams, Carbohydrate 105 grams, Fat 41 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 36 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 1033 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
MUSHROOM & GOAT'S CHEESE CALZONE
- Make up the pizza dough following pack instructions. Meanwhile, make the filling. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the mushrooms until golden, about 8 mins. Add garlic, chilli and rosemary and cook for 1 min more. Stir in crème fraîche and 1 tbsp water and remove from heat.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Roll out the dough to a 30cm-diameter circle. Spread the mushroom mix across half of the circle, leaving a 2cm border from the edge, and scatter on the goat's cheese. Fold over and press to seal.
- Brush with remaining oil, transfer to a baking sheet and cook for 15-20 mins until risen and golden. Cut in halves and serve with rocket, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 66 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 20 grams protein, Sodium 3.21 milligram of sodium
DOUBLE-CHEESE AND PROSCIUTTO CALZONE
- Position rack in middle of oven; preheat to 425°F. Toss first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Season with pepper. Unroll dough into rectangle on rimmed baking sheet. Mound filling crosswise on lower half of dough, leaving 1-inch border on sides. Fold upper half of dough over. Crimp edges to seal; fold corners under to form half-circle. Bake until puffed and brown, about 18 minutes. Brush with oil. Transfer to platter and cut into 4 pieces.
BROCCOLI AND GOAT CHEESE CALZONES
- Cover half of each calzone with a thin slice of tomato, 2-3 broccoli florets, goat cheese, ½ teaspoon Parmesan, a basil leaf and fresh pepper.
- Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 41.9, Fat 2.9, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 62.3, Carbohydrate 1.6, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.9, Protein 2.7
FAMOUS CALZONE FROM CHEZ PANISSE RESTAURANT
This is a fixture on the Cafe menu at Chez Panisse. It has such great proportions, that I never change anything when making it. When you break the top of the calzone after it comes out of the oven, the aroma is dazzling. If you don't have Bucheron cheese, or prosciutto, or thyme and marjoram, wait until you do to make it. There are no substitutes for how good all these things go together.
Provided by Jangomango
Yield 4 small calzone
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine filling well and set aside.
- May be made several hours in advance and refrigerated.
- Preheat oven with pizza bricks already inside to 450* F.
- Roll the dough out into 4 circles.
- It has to be as thin as possible otherwise the dough doesn't cook on the inside.
- Put 1/4 of the filling on one half of one circle of dough, leaving an inch of margin space all around the edges.
- Moisten the edges with water and fold the other half over the filling to make the edges meet.
- Seal it tightly.
- Repeat this with the other three dough circles.
- Do not prick holes in it, and patch any holes you've accidentally made as tightly as you can.
- You are aiming for a steam-tight calzone.
- Put the calzones gently onto a pizza paddle, two at a time, on which you've flung some polenta, flour or cornmeal for ball bearings and slide them onto pizza bricks.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until quite brown on top.
- At the restaurant, it always arrives just a little charred on top.
- Remove from oven and brush with a little olive oil.
CHEZ PANISSE CALZONE
- Mix one-fourth cup of the lukewarm water, yeast and rye flour. Let rise 20 to 30 minutes, then add the rest of the water, the milk, olive oil, salt and the all-purpose flour.
- Mix the dough with a wooden spoon, then knead on a floured board. It will be soft and a little sticky. Use quick motions so the dough will not stick. Add more flour to the board as needed, but no more than absolutely necessary. Knead for 15 to 20 minutes to develop the dough's strength and elasticity. Put it in a bowl rubbed with olive oil and oil the surface of the dough to prevent a crust from forming.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and put it in a warm place. Let the dough double for two hours, then punch it down. Let it rise about 40 minutes more.
- Crumble the goat cheeses and grate the mozzarella. Julienne the prosciutto. Finely cut two tablespoons of chives and mince the same amount of parsley. Chop the thyme and marjoram and mince the garlic. Blend all these ingredients and season with black pepper.
- Roll the dough into a circle 14 inches in diameter, or divide it in two or three pieces to make small calzones. Put the filling on half the dough in a semicircle, leaving a one-inch margin at the edge. Moisten the edge with water and fold the other half of the dough over to make the edges meet. Fold the edges up to form a running curl, pinching it tight. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until browned and crisp. Serve whole and cut with a serrated knife at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 559, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 26 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 651 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "goat cheese calzone recipes"
GOAT CHEESE CALZONE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
4.2/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 1Calories 1974 per serving
CARAMELIZED ONION GOAT CHEESE CALZONES | PRETTY PLAIN …
GOAT CHEESE, BASIL AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE CALZONES
HOW TO MAKE CALZONES (AND FREEZE THEM FOR LATER)
SAUSAGE AND CHEESE CALZONE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
BEET CALZONE WITH BACON, GOAT CHEESE AND DILL - ZEST …
GOAT CHEESE CALZONE - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Dish
SAUSAGE, BROCCOLI & HERBED GOAT CHEESE CALZONE | RECIPE IN 2022 ...
EASY CALZONE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
DOUBLE-CHEESE AND PROSCIUTTO CALZONE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BUILD YOUR OWN CALZONES - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
PROSCIUTTO AND GOAT CHEESE CALZONE, IT’S AS EASY TO MAKE AS IT IS TO …
GOAT CHEESE CALZONE - AMERICANRECIPES.EU
SWEET POTATO, BLACK BEAN AND GOAT CHEESE CALZONES - MINCED
THREE-CHEESE CALZONES | RICARDO
HOW TO MAKE A CALZONE - 8 EASY RECIPES | GIORDANO'S
CHEZ PANISSE'S FAMOUS CALZONES - ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
SPINACH AND GOAT CHEESE CALZONE | HOMEMADE CALZONE RECIPE
SAUSAGE, BROCCOLI & HERBED GOAT CHEESE CALZONE | FOODTALK
RED ONION AND GOAT'S CHEESE CALZONE - FRUGALFEEDING
GOAT CHEESE CALZONE - PLAIN.RECIPES
GOAT CHEESE CALZONE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
MUSHROOM & GOAT’S CHEESE CALZONE | RECIPE CART
CALZONE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HAM AND CHEESE CALZONE - EASY LUNCH OR DINNER - JENAHOWARD
RECIPES > MAIN DISH > HOW TO MAKE GOAT CHEESE CALZONE
LAMB, GOAT CHEESE, AND ROASTED PEPPER CALZONES RECIPE
GOAT CHEESE CALZONE - BEYONDMEALS.COM
ITALIAN MEAT AND CHEESE CALZONE
HERBED SPINACH AND GOAT CHEESE CALZONE | RECIPE CART
BEST THE PIONEER WOMAN'S CALZONES RECIPES | THE PIONEER WOMAN …
EASY, CHEESY CALZONE RECIPE - DELISHABLY
CALZONES WITH RICOTTA, RED PEPPERS, SPINACH, AND GOAT CHEESE
BEST CALZONE WITH SAUSAGE RAPINI AND GOAT CHEESE RECIPES
ZUCCHINI CALZONE RECIPE - LOSTMEALS.ORG
PEPPADEW PEPPER, OLIVE & GOAT CHEESE CALZONES
You'll also love