- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt together the caramels and heavy cream, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in the melted butter until well blended. Press Half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Reserve the rest.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour the caramel mixture over the top and then crumble the remaining crust mixture over everything.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 12 minutes, or until the top is lightly toasted. Cut into squares while it is still warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194.8 calories, Carbohydrate 23.7 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 127.5 mg, Sugar 15.2 g
COCONUT WALNUT SQUARES
- Combine flour, brown sugar and butter in a bowl with a pastry blender or by cutting butter into dry ingredients with two knives until the largest lumps are the size of peas. Pat mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). While baking prepare topping.
- Topping: Stir together brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring until blended. Add corn syrup, walnuts, coconut and vanilla. Pour mixture over Base. Bake until set and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.7 calories, Carbohydrate 25.6 g, Cholesterol 35.7 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 110.7 mg, Sugar 13.1 g
CARAMEL SHORTBREAD SQUARES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2/3 cup butter, white sugar, and flour until evenly crumbly. Press into a 9 inch square baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes. Pour over baked crust (warm or cool). Cool until it begins to firm.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute, then stir and continue to heat and stir at 20 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour chocolate over the caramel layer and spread evenly to cover completely. Chill. Cut into 1 inch squares. These need to be small because they are so rich.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.7 calories, Carbohydrate 13.2 g, Cholesterol 16.7 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 44.5 mg, Sugar 9.3 g
- Grease a 12x15 inch pan.
- In a medium-size pot, combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk, whipping cream, and butter. Monitor the heat of the mixture with a candy thermometer while stirring. When the thermometer reaches 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and let the mixture cool completely. When cooled cut the Carmel into small squares and wrap them in wax paper for storage.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114.6 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Cholesterol 20.2 mg, Fat 6.3 g, Protein 0.5 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 30.4 mg, Sugar 10.7 g
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES
A walnut-packed caramel tops a buttery crust in this decadent candy.-Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Line a 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside., In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into prepared pan; prick crust with a fork. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown., Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over crust; set aside., In a large heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook sugar until melted. Do not stir. Reduce heat to low; cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown., In a large saucepan, combine the butter, cream and corn syrup. Slowly pour in cooked sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Pour over prepared crust., In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm., Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut candy into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 27mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
- Mix the water and sugar in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until the sugar dissolves. Do not stir. Increase the heat to medium and boil uncovered until the sugar turns a warm chestnut brown (about 350 degrees F on a candy thermometer), about 5 to 7 minutes, gently swirling the pan to stir the mixture. Be careful - the mixture is extremely hot! Watch the mixture very carefully at the end, as it will go from caramel to burnt very quickly. Turn off the heat. Stand back to avoid splattering and slowly add the cream and vanilla. Don't worry - the cream will bubble violently and the caramel will solidify.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, until the caramel dissolves and the sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature, at least 4 hours. It will thicken as it sits.
More about "golden walnut caramel squares recipes"
CARAMEL WALNUT BARS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
5/5 (2)Calories 130 per servingServings 48
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over edges. Spray foil with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup butter and brown sugar in bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into prepared pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Place caramels, whipping cream and 3 tablespoons butter into 1-quart nonstick saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 7-8 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted caramel mixture over hot, partially baked crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts over caramel. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Continue baking 13-16 minutes or until topping is golden brown and caramel is bubbly around edges. Cool completely.
50+ BEST SQUARES AND BARS RECIPES - ONE LITTLE PROJECT
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 1 min
25 EASY WALNUT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Published 2021-08-04Category Recipe Roundup
- 5-Minute Candied Walnuts. Caramelized nuts are a lovely little snack and a simple yet delicious cake decorating option. Typically, you would boil sugar and water until the sugar dissolves and then add in your nuts, constantly stirring until everything turns golden.
- Cinnamon and Walnut Porridge. I know how easy it is to microwave a bowl of instant oats, but I promise this homemade oatmeal recipe is worth the extra time.
- Vegan Walnut Cheese Sauce. Vegan “cheese” can be a tough sell to meat-eaters, and I totally get it. I mean, how can a bowl of nuts, water, and seasonings taste anything like a hot dish of Qdoba queso?
- Basil Walnut Pesto. If you love pesto as much as I do, I’m sure you’ve looked online for some tasty DIY recipes. The only issue with that is the cost of pine nuts.
- Apple Walnut Salad. The combination of fresh, crisp apple slices, toasty walnuts, and smooth blue cheese in this salad will leave you wanting more. As with any recipe like this, you’ll need to toast the nuts before adding them to the bowl.
- Walnut Pasta Sauce. Ask any vegan, and they’ll tell you: you can have your creamy mac and cheese and eat it too! What’s the secret to vegan pasta sauce?
- Chocolate Chip Walnut Pumpkin Bread. Pumpkin bread is moist, spicey, super flavorful, and one of my all-time fall faves. I love it with brown sugar crumble on top and plenty of dark chocolate chips inside.
- Best Ever Banana Nut Muffins. Banana nut muffins work as a sweet breakfast option, tasty mid-morning snack, and even as a midnight treat in front of the tv.
- Cranberry and Walnut Stuffing. If your family is anything like mine, you’ll probably need a few dishes full of stuffing to keep everyone happy. After all, it’s one of the best holiday sides, so it’s crucial everyone gets their fair share.
- Carrot Slaw with Cranberries, Toasted Walnuts & Citrus Vinaigrette. How many times have you been subjected to watery, bland coleslaw? It’s sad because slaw is so easy to get right.
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES RECIPE FROM H-E-B
Servings 16Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 550 per serving
APPLE WALNUT CHEESECAKE BARS • FLAVOR FEED
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 228 per serving
GOLDEN SQUARES RECIPES
WALNUT CARAMEL SLICE RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES RECIPES
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES | RECIPE | SWEET RECIPES ...
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT ...
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES ON BAKESPACE.COM
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES - WEBKNOX.COM
COOKERY ART - GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES RECIPE
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES
GOLDEN WALNUT CARAMEL SQUARES RECIPE FROM H-E-B | RECIPE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make caramels for cookies?Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into prepared pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Place caramels, whipping cream and 3 tablespoons butter into 1-quart nonstick saucepan.
How do you make coconut and Walnut squares?These squares are a tasty way to enjoy a treat. The combination of coconut with walnut makes these squares a delicious delight. Combine flour, brown sugar and butter in a bowl with a pastry blender or by cutting butter into dry ingredients with two knives until the largest lumps are the size of peas.
What do you put on top of a caramel cake?Pour melted caramel mixture over hot, partially baked crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts over caramel. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Continue baking 13-16 minutes or until topping is golden brown and caramel is bubbly around edges.
How long do you cook caramels for?Place caramels, whipping cream and 3 tablespoons butter into 1-quart nonstick saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 7-8 minutes or until melted and smooth. Pour melted caramel mixture over hot, partially baked crust.