COD FISH CAKES
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of water, bring the water to a boil. Let the potatoes cook until they are almost tender.
- Add the fish to the pot and let the fish and potatoes cook until they are both soft. Drain well and transfer the potatoes and fish to a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, onion, parsley, and egg to the bowl; mash the mixture together. Mold the mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Fry the patties on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350.7 calories, Carbohydrate 38.8 g, Cholesterol 98.4 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 131.1 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
GREEK FISH BAKE
As a military spouse living overseas, I got the chance to try many styles of cooking. Here's a Mediterranean-inspired recipe that we still love today. -Stacey Boyd, Springfield, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place cod in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with green pepper, onion and olives., Pour tomato sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 706mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Cod cakes are terrific with cod, but can be made with any white-fleshed fish. Poach the fillets in bay-leaf-scented water, then flake the cooled meat into a New Englandish mirepoix of sautéed onions and celery. Eggs and cracker crumbs will help bind everything together below a drift of spice. Make sure to leave some time to chill the resulting patties in the refrigerator - the cold will help them set up so they don't fall apart in the sauté pan. A light smear of mayonnaise on the exterior of the cakes before you fry them will encourage the most glorious crust. Serve with a thatch of green salad, a bowl of chowder or a neat pile of slaw.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories cakes, appetizer, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings as a main course, 6 to 8 servings as an appetizer
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Fill a shallow, wide pan with high sides with about an inch of water, and set it over high heat. Add the peppercorns, bay leaf and 1 section of the lemon to the water, and allow it to come to a bare simmer. Place the fish into this poaching liquid, and cook, barely simmering, until the flesh has just begun to whiten all the way through, approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Using a wide spatula, carefully remove the fish from the water, and set aside to cool.
- Empty the pan, and return it to the stove, over medium-high heat. Add the butter, and allow it to melt, swirling it around the pan. When the butter foams, add the celery, onions and garlic, and sauté, stirring often, until the vegetables soften and the onions turn translucent, then transfer them to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, eggs, salt, pepper and seasoning salt (or paprika and hot-pepper flakes), then add this mixture to the bowl with the sautéed vegetables, pour the crushed saltines or bread crumbs over them and stir to combine. Add the parsley, and stir again.
- Flake the cooked fish into the binding sauce carefully, keeping the flakes as whole as you can manage, then gather them into small balls, and form them into patties, 4-6 for a main course, 6-8 for an appetizer. Place them on a sheet pan or platter, cover loosely with plastic wrap and transfer them to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Set a large sauté pan over high heat, and add to it the neutral oil. When the oil is shimmering, remove the fish cakes from the refrigerator, and carefully sauté the patties until they are golden brown, approximately 4 to 5 minutes a side. Work in batches if necessary. (A small smear of mayonnaise on the exterior of the patties will give them a crisp crust.) Serve them alone, or with greens dressed in a lemony vinaigrette, with the remaining wedges of lemon.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 361, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 28 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 443 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GREEK COD FISH CAKES WITH BEER RECIPE
Provided by BobLongo
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 6 1. Prepare the cod, in order to soak the salt out. Place it in a bowl filled with water and leave for 48h. Remember to change the water frequently. 2. Then flake the cod, removing the skin, and place it in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients leaving the flour for last. (In case you're in a hurry or just don't want to add the egg, you can omit it). Mix well, cover and leave the mixture to rest and the different flavours to mingle for 20 minutes. 3. Wet a spoon in water, take a spoonful of the mix and carefully place in frying oil. Saute'/ fry for a couple of minutes until golden and crispy. Remove and place on kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil. Serve with garlic sauce.
BAKED COD WITH GREEK POTATOES
This may seema plain way to serve cod, but the best, most translucent fresh and flaky fillet only needs these Greek potatoes to accompany it.
Provided by MarieRynr
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheatoven to 375*F.
- Put the potatoes into a roasting pan or gratin dish, then throw in the onion and garlic and scatter over the herbs.
- Season and pour over the olive oil.
- Spoon over the lemon juice and then add enough water to barely cover the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes,uncovered, for 45 minutes then turn them over and bake a further 25 minutes.
- Towards the end of this time, lay your slice of cod, skin side down, in a thickly buttered gratin dish.
- Dribble with a thin layer of best olive oil.
- Season well.
- Bake the fish and potatoes together for 15 minutes longer, til the fish is cooked.
- (test with a knife point or skewer, if it goes right through with no resistance, it is done) Slice the fish and serve with the gore=geously golden potatoes, together with plenty of lemony juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 635.2, Fat 26.9, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 110, Sodium 154.5, Carbohydrate 47.6, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 4, Protein 51
GRENADIAN COD CAKES
- Rinse the cod, place it in a glass bowl and add cold water to cover. Cover the bowl tightly and place in the refrigerator. Let the fish soak for 12 to 24 hours, or until it's softened, changing the water three or four times.
- Rinse the cod again and place in a saucepan. Add boiling water to cover and let the fish steep over low heat until very soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well, then flake into small pieces into a bowl.
- Add the calabaza, thyme, scallions and garlic and toss together to mix. Combine the flour and baking powder and add to the bowl, tossing again. Add the butter and the egg and mix with your hands until all the ingredients are well combined. Season with pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture into 8 patties, about the size of biscuits, and lay them into the bread crumbs to coat on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over a medium-high flame until it sizzles. Gently lay the cakes into the oil and fry until crisp and browned on both sides, about 5 or 6 minutes total. Drain on paper towels and serve hot, with a spoonful of hot sauce alongside each one.
More about "greek cod cakes recipes"
GREEK CODFISH CAKES WITH LEMON CAPER AIOLI - THE GREEK …
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 395 per serving
- Wash potatoes well and cut them into squares. Place them in a saucepan, cover with cold water—boil potatoes for 20 minutes. Drain and mash potatoes in a bowl with a potato masher or a fork.
- Place the codfish fillets in a saucepan and cover with the milk. Poach fish for 5 minutes. Let it cool, and then pluck it with your fingers into pieces.
- Add fish to the same bowl as the potatoes.Add the diced hot pepper, the scallions, the chopped parsley, dill, thyme, red pepper flakes, one teaspoon sea salt, and ground a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.
- Mix everything very well and shape the mixture into patties - about 18 pieces. Arrange them on a baking sheet or plates, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow them to firm up.
GREEK COD CAKES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (10)Total Time 42 minsServings 4Calories 266 per serving
- Bring milk to a simmer over medium heat in a medium, heavy saucepan. Add fish; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drain well. Combine fish, 1/4 cup panko, and next 8 ingredients (through 1 garlic clove); stir in 1 tablespoon juice. Divide fish mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Dredge patties in remaining 1/4 cup panko, pressing to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 patties to pan, and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining olive oil and patties. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon juice.
- To prepare sauce, combine canola mayonnaise and remaining ingredients. Serve sauce with cakes.
COD CAKES - THIS LITTLE ITALIAN
BAKED COD RECIPE GREEK STYLE - FIVE SILVER SPOONS
GREEK-STYLE BAKED COD RECIPE WITH LEMON AND GARLIC
BAKED COD RECIPE WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - THE …
GREEK-STYLE BAKED COD RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
EASY GREEK FISH CAKES | OLIVE & MANGO
Servings 8-10Category Appetizers
GREEK STYLE BAKED COD RECIPE WITH LEMON AND GARLIC
GREEK BAKED COD RECIPE ULTRA DELICIOUS AND EASY TO PREPARE
COD CAKES IN TOMATO SAUCE FROM OTTOLENGHI'S 'JERUSALEM'
GREEK STYLE BAKED COD RECIPE WITH LEMON & GARLIC
NEW ENGLAND COD AND POTATO CAKES | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
GREEK COD CAKES RECIPE | RECIPE | COD RECIPES, COD RECIPES …
COD POTATO CAKES - MIA KOUPPA, GREEK RECIPES AND MORE
GREEK COD CAKES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
GREEK BAKED COD RECIPE ULTRA DELICIOUS AND EASY TO PREPARE
GREEK COD CAKES - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
COD CAKES WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
SALTED COD WITH GARLIC SAUCE - ZELOS™ AUTHENTIC GREEK ARTISAN
DELICIOUS GREEK TRADITIONAL COD FRITTERS – CROQUETTES. AUTHENTIC …
BEST GREEK-STYLE BAKED COD RECIPE EVER! - SMARTBLEND
RECIPE FOR GREEK STYLE FISH ROE CAKES
COD FRITTERS WITH GARLIC POTATO PUREE (BAKALIAROS SKORDALIA) - MY …
GREEK COD CAKES RECIPE
38 OF OUR FAVORITE GREEK-INSPIRED DISHES | COOKING LIGHT
GREEK COD RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GREEK-STYLE BAKED COD RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
GREEK-STYLE BAKED COD RECIPE WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - QUINLANS …
TOP 50 GREEK COD RECIPE RECIPES
GREEK STYLE BAKED COD WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - SASHA'S FINE FOODS
GREEK COD CAKES - STICK OF BUTTER
GREEK-STYLE BAKED COD RECIPE | CALGARY CO-OP
COD CROQUETTES | MEDITERRANEAN DIET, HEALTHY GREEK & BLUE ZONE …
SPRING GREEN ALASKA COD-POTATO CAKES - ALASKA SEAFOOD …
13 EASY GREEK DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
You'll also love