GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES
I don't have the energy or courage to cater for a living but, if I did, this Greek lemon chicken and potatoes would be one of my go-to entrees, and not just for big, fat weddings. It's a proven crowd-pleaser, simple to make, and easy on the wallet.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly oil a large roasting pan.
- Place chicken pieces in large bowl. Season with salt, oregano, pepper, rosemary, and cayenne pepper. Add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Place potatoes in bowl with the chicken; stir together until chicken and potatoes are evenly coated with marinade.
- Transfer chicken pieces, skin side up, to prepared roasting pan, reserving marinade. Distribute potato pieces among chicken thighs. Drizzle with 2/3 cup chicken broth. Spoon remainder of marinade over chicken and potatoes.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Toss chicken and potatoes, keeping chicken skin side up; continue baking until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Transfer chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
- Set oven to broil or highest heat setting. Toss potatoes once again in pan juices. Place pan under broiler and broil until potatoes are caramelized, about 3 minutes. Transfer potatoes to serving platter with chicken.
- Place roasting pan on stove over medium heat. Add a splash of broth and stir up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Strain; spoon juices over chicken and potatoes. Top with chopped oregano.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1138.8 calories, Carbohydrate 34.5 g, Cholesterol 283.6 mg, Fat 74.5 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 80.4 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 1865.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES (KOTOPOULO LEMONATO)
Juicy and tender and super easy! This is a delicious Greek lemon chicken roast recipe (kotopoulo lemonato) garnished with extra crispy potatoes!
Provided by Eli K. Giannopoulos
Number Of Ingredients 10
- To prepare this Greek lemon chicken recipe, divide the chicken into 8 portions and wash thoroughly. Peel the garlic and rub on the chicken. Place on a large baking tray and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and place them between the chicken. Pour in some water, enough to cover half the chicken and add the lemon juice, the white wine vinegar, the olive oil, the chopped garlic and the peppercorns. Season with salt and pepper and add a good pinch of oregano. (Tip: sprinkle the potatoes with 1 tsp semolina for crispier results)
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven 180C / 350F for 60-75 minutes in total. 50 minutes into the bake remove the aluminum foil and top the chicken with some feta cheese. Bake for another 15-20 minutes (the remaining time), until your Greek lemon chicken is nicely coloured and crispy on the outside.
- This Greek lemon chicken is ideally served with a refreshing Greek feta salad and lots of sourdough bread aside to dig into all the delicious sauce!!
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATO BAKE
I love one-pan meals, especially when no measuring and exact ingredients are involved. I made this one Sunday when I didn't want to babysit my food in the kitchen! Turned out great, and I served it with tzatziki sauce.
Provided by Chef V
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet with sides.
- Place chicken quarters on prepared baking sheet. Stir potatoes, olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and lemon herb seasoning together in a large bowl to coat potatoes. Arrange potatoes around chicken on baking sheet. Pour about 3/4 of oil mixture over chicken, reserving remaining oil; drizzle remaining lemon juice over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes; shake baking sheet to loosen potatoes, then continue baking for 15 minutes. Place green beans in reserved oil mixture; toss to coat. Remove chicken mixture from oven; pour green bean mixture over chicken and potatoes.
- Return pan to the oven; bake until green beans are tender with a bite, chicken is no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 551.1 calories, Carbohydrate 41.9 g, Cholesterol 102.8 mg, Fat 29.1 g, Fiber 8.5 g, Protein 34.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 1858.5 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN WITH POTATOES
Lemony-herbal chicken that roasts painlessly...oven-roasted garlicky potatoes - crisp on the outside, butter-soft on the inside. This recipe never receives anything but raves!
Provided by evelynathens
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- (I often add about 1 tsp of crumbled, dried rosemary to the potatoes and 1/2 a teaspoon to the chicken- this is fantastic and it then becomes oregano-rosemary-lemon-garlic chicken).
- Wash the chicken well and pat dry.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and massage the chicken, inside and out, with this mixture. Put the chicken in a big bowl and put in the fridge while you prepare the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes and all remaining ingredients into a large baking pan. Wash your hands and put them in the pan and toss the potatoes around to coat with other ingredients.
- Put in the oven and crank up the heat to 250°C (480F).
- Start roasting the potatoes and when they're golden-brown, stir them to bring the white sides up and push to the side of the pan to make room in the middle for the chicken.
- If all the water has evaporated, and potatoes have started to stick to pan, add 1/2 cup more.
- Add the chicken, breast-side down, and pour any juices that have accumulated in bowl over.
- Return to very hot oven and roast until chicken is golden-brown.
- Turn over, breast-side up and continue roasting until chicken is nearly as golden-brown on other side.
- At this point, I turn the oven off- don't open it- and leave the chicken in for another 1/2 an hour. I like to think I'm saving energy this way, but it also cooks the chicken beautifully.
- In all, I'd say from when you put the potatoes into the cold oven to when you remove the chicken to carve after sitting in off oven for 1/2 an hour, we're talking 2 hours.
- Serve with pan juices.
GREEK ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON-DILL POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 450˚ F. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and lay skin-side down in the skillet. Cook until the skin is well browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer skin-side up to a plate. Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon drippings into a small bowl and reserve.
- Add the olives, garlic and oregano to the skillet and cook until the garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Return the chicken skin-side up to the skillet. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until the chicken is no longer pink near the bone, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water; add a few big pinches of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved chicken drippings, the lemon zest, half the dill and a big pinch each of salt and pepper and toss.
- Divide the chicken and potatoes among plates. Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice into the sauce in the skillet; season with salt and pepper, then stir in the remaining dill and spoon over the chicken and potatoes. Top with the feta.
More about "greek lemon chicken and potato bake recipes"
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hrCategory ChickenCalories 974 per serving
- Arrange two oven racks so that one is in the center and the other 4-6 inches below it. Preheat oven to 450F (225C).
- To make the potatoes: Put the potatoes in a large bowl. Pour over chicken stock, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and oregano. Toss around to coat with the seasonings. Dump everything onto a large rimmed baking sheet in an even layer, cut sides down.
- Slide the potatoes onto the lower oven rack and roast 55-60 minutes, until fork-tender and the edges are golden brown.
- Spread the leek and shallot over the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch (2-quart) baking dish. Season the chicken very generously on both sides, then arrange it on top of the leeks and shallots. Pour over the wine and olive oil. Scatter the tomatoes over the chicken and sprinkle with the fennel and chili.
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES (KOTOPOULO …
Reviews 2Servings 4Cuisine Greek, MediterraneanCategory Entree
EASY GREEK CHICKEN AND POTATOES| THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
AUTHENTIC GREEK LEMON ROASTED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
GREEK LEMON-GARLIC CHICKEN (KOTOPOULO SKORTHATO) …
EASY GREEK LEMON CHICKEN | THE RECIPE CRITIC
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATO RECIPE - ALESSANDRAS …
HOW TO MAKE GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES
GREEK SLOW COOKER LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES
EASY BAKED GREEK CHICKEN AND POTATOES - SIMPLY …
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATO BAKE | ROO RILEY | COPY ME THAT
BAKED GREEK CHICKEN AND POTATOES - REAL GREEK RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CHICKEN & POTATOES | EASY GREEK LEMON …
GREEK CHICKEN - BESTCOOKINGGUIDE.COM
GREEK LEMON ROAST CHICKEN AND POTATOES - RICKYTIMS.COM
SHEET PAN GREEK CHICKEN - THE COUNTRY COOK
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES - YUMMY TUMMY
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN - RECIPES - THE TASTE OF KOSHER
AMAZING ROASTED GREEK CHICKEN AND POTATOES - SCRUMMY LANE
ONE PAN GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES - JENNY CAN COOK
GREEK SHEET PAN CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND POTATOES
BAKED GREEK CHICKEN AND POTATOES - WHERE IS MY SPOON
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES - SARCASTIC COOKING
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN & POTATOES - PLATE ON A BUDGET
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES RECIPE - ROBUST KITCHEN
GREEK BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE (WITH POTATOES) - THE HUNGRY BITES
LEMONY GREEK ROASTED CHICKEN AND POTATOES - GREECE IS
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATO BAKE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
GREEK LEMON ROASTED POTATOES - BUSY COOKS
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATO BAKE - RECIPESRUN
GREEK LEMON POTATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GREEK LEMON POTATOES
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN & POTATOES RECIPE - YOUTUBE
GREEK-ISH GRILLED HALF-CHICKENS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN - A CEDAR SPOON
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATO BAKE - SKIP THE SALT - LOW …
GREEK CHICKEN AND POTATOES - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ONE PAN GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES | FOODLOVE.COM
GREEK CHICKEN AND POTATO TRAYBAKE - COOL FOOD DUDE
BAKED LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN WITH ROASTED POTATOES | COOKING MAMAS
GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES - 100KEASYRECIPES
BEST GREEK CHICKEN AND POTATO TRAYBAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
GREEK LEMON ROAST CHICKEN AND POTATOES | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
You'll also love