GREEN-CURRY CHICKEN POTPIE
This recipe makes enough curry paste for three potpies, so you'll have some extra. It can be frozen for up to three months. Keep it on hand to use in meat, seafood, or noodle dishes for a quick meal.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Pie & Tarts Recipes
Yield Makes one 9-by-12-inch potpie
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Make the curry paste: Puree lemongrass, cilantro, garlic, scallions, chiles, ginger, lime zest and juice, coriander, cumin, peppercorns, and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Make the curry sauce: Puree spinach, coconut milk, and 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon curry paste in blender until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make the filling: Bring curry sauce to a simmer in a medium straight-sided skillet. Whisk in flour, and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add zucchini, and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until zucchini is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Make the topping: Transfer filling to a 9-by-12-inch (8-cup) baking dish. Brush 1 sheet of phyllo with butter. Layer phyllo sheet over filling, crumpling slightly. Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter, leaving space between each sheet to vent. Sprinkle top with salt. Bake until phyllo is golden and filling is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Garnish with basil.
CREAMED GREENS POTPIE
This one-skillet, vegetarian pot pie trades the traditional chicken filling for creamy, garlicky greens. Hearty greens turn silky in a mixture of heavy cream, garlic, shallot, thyme and Parmesan under a lid of flaky puff pastry. Using store-bought puff pastry in place of homemade pie crust ensures a perfect result every time. It also steers pot pie into the weeknight-possible category. Greens and heavy cream require a good amount of salt to taste like their best selves, so taste and season well when the recipe says to do so.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories dinner, lunch, pies and tarts, vegetables, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- In a medium (10-inch) oven-proof skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic, shallot and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add a handful of the greens and season lightly with salt and pepper. Using tongs, toss the greens in the butter until wilted. Repeat, making sure to season each batch, until all the greens are added and wilted. (They will eventually all fit.)
- Stir in the flour until it disappears into the greens, then add the cream and hot sauce and stir well to combine. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured work surface or the bottom of another baking sheet, use a lightly floured rolling pin, roll and trim the puff pastry into a 12-inch circle. If you find the pastry contracts when you roll it, give it a few minutes between each roll to relax a little.
- Transfer the skillet to the lined baking sheet. Drape the puff pastry over the skillet so that there is about 1/2-inch hang over on all sides. (Trim any sides that have more than an inch.) Brush the beaten egg onto the puff pastry, then cut four large slits into the pastry. Bake until the puff pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake until the pastry is cooked through and the filling is bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. (If the pastry is getting too dark, cover with foil.) Let sit for a few minutes before diving in.
CURRY POT PIE WITH THAI GREEN CURRY CHICKEN
An Asian-inspired twist on the old American standard.
Provided by Phinneas Stone
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place curry paste in a large saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Break the paste apart using a wooden spoon and add about 1/4 of the coconut milk to the paste; cook and whisk until heated through and smooth, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir chicken into coconut milk mixture and simmer for about 3 minutes; add the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce and stir well. Turn heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and sauce is slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and cool curry sauce slightly.
- Mix eggplant, long beans, onion, bok choy, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, garlic cloves, Thai dragon chile peppers, and basil to curry sauce. Return saucepan to burner and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes more.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 2-quart, 8 1/2-inch baking dish with 1 pie crust.
- Carefully transfer curry to the crust-lined baking dish until dish is filled to 1/2 inch from top. Moisten the exposed pie crust with water and lay the second pie crust over the filling, folding excess dough in a pleat-like formation. Press the 2 crusts together to form a seal. Cut a few slits into the top of the crust for ventilation.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Wrap the sealed edges of crust in aluminum foil and continue baking until top crust is golden, 30 to 45 minutes more. Cool pot pie slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40 g, Cholesterol 32.3 mg, Fat 22.2 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 17.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 1008.5 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
GREEN CHICKEN CURRY PIE
Based on a recipe from the Australian Women's Weekly. This is a typical Aussie version of a Thai green curry.
Provided by PanNan
Yield 4 individual pies, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- To make filling, heat oil in large saucepan. When hot, saute chicken, stirring, until browned. Add potato and paste to the chicken; cook, stirring a few minutes, until fragrant. Add coconut milk, the water and juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until potato is tender and sauce is thick. Remove from heat, stir in beans and cilantro. Season to taste. Cool 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease four holes of a large (3/4 cup each) muffin pan. Cut four 5 1/4" rounds and four 3 3/4" rounds in the pastry sheets.
- Line the greased muffin tin holes with the larger rounds. Divide the filling among the four lined holes. Brush the smaller rounds on one side with the egg. Place them egg side down onto the filled muffin holes and seal the edges. Brush egg on the top side of the pastry rounds too. Use the remaining pastry scraps to decorate the pies as desired. Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 545.5, Fat 34.6, SaturatedFat 8.3, Cholesterol 46.5, Sodium 491, Carbohydrate 50.9, Fiber 5, Sugar 1.5, Protein 8.5
More about "green curry pot pie recipes"
GREEN CURRY CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE • COOKING …
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Chicken RecipesCalories 3107 per serving
- Add half of the coconut milk and continue cooking and stirring until curry paste is incorporated into coconut milk. If you are using raw chicken, add it to mixture and cook for 5 minutes. If using leftover chicken that is already cooked, do not add it yet as it will be overcooked.
THAI GREEN CURRY CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - THAILAND …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHICKEN CURRY POT PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GREEN CHICKEN CURRY PIE | TRADITIONAL SAVORY PIE FROM …
1-POT VEGETABLE GREEN CURRY - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
OUR 9 BEST THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
VEGETABLE CURRY POT PIE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
HEALTHY GREEN CURRY VEGGIE POT PIE WITH MUSHROOMS AND …
THAI GREEN CURRY | RECIPETIN EATS
CURRY GRAVY VEGETABLE POT PIE [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN …
CURRY POT PIE - LITTLE GREEN APRON
AUTHENTIC GREEN CURRY RECIPE | WATCHAREE'S THAI CURRY RECIPES
GREEN CURRY LOBSTER POT PIE RECIPE WITH THAI GREEN CURRY SAUCE ...
3 EASY ONE-POT RECIPES TO MAKE FOR DINNER - TODAY.COM
THAI GREEN CURRY POT PIE | VEGAN RECIPES | QUORN
GREEN CURRY PORK PIE | THE COOK UP | BREDA FENN | SBS FOOD
GREEN CURRY CHICKEN PIE
GREEN CURRY | PERFECT THAI CURRY IN YOUR INSTANT POT OR SLOW COOKER
CHICKEN CURRY POT PIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THAI GREEN CURRY CHICKEN POT PIE - LIFE'S SIMPLE INGREDIENT
GREEN CURRY VEGETABLE POT PIE RECIPE | VEGETARIAN RECIPES | SBS FOOD
THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY PIES RECIPE | NEW IDEA MAGAZINE
GREEN CURRY VEGGIE POT PIE - THE HOME CHANNEL
COCONUT CURRY POT PIE [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
GUSTO TV - GREEN CURRY VEGGIE POT PIES
THAI CURRY CHICKEN POT PIE IS YOUR NEW FAVOURITE WINTER ... - FOOD …
GREEN CHILE CHICKEN POT PIE - NEW MEXICAN FOODIE
THAI GREEN CURRY POT PIE | VEGAN RECIPES | QUORN
GREEN CURRY VEGGIE POT PIE | RECIPE | VEGGIE POT PIE, GREEN CURRY, …
THAI GREEN CURRY POT PIE | MEAT-FREE RECIPES | QUORN
VEGGIE POT PIE WITH THAI GREEN CURRY... - OH JOY!
HEALTHY THAI GREEN CURRY SHEPHERD'S PIE - HEALTHY THAI RECIPES
GREEN-CURRY CHICKEN POTPIE RECIPE | RECIPE | GREEN CURRY CHICKEN, …
CHICKEN CURRY POT PIE - ROTI N RICE
GREEN CURRY CHICKEN POT PIE | MEKHALA LIVING
GREEN CURRY POT PIE – FOODLYN
WATCHAREE'S GREEN CURRY POT PIE RECIPE - AUTHENTIC THAI RECIPES
COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN POT PIE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHICKEN GREEN CURRY HAND PIES - COOKING WITH A WALLFLOWER
CURRY CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GREEN CURRY CHICKEN POT PIE – THE ESSENTIAL
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love