STUFFED IOWA CHOPS
Here's a hearty dish for big appetites. The corn and apples make a tasty stuffing for the chops. -Judith Smith, Des Moines, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chops on each side; cool slightly., In a bowl, mix onion, parsley, milk and seasonings. Add apple, corn and bread crumbs; toss to combine. Spoon into pork chops; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish., In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients; reserve half of the sauce for brushing. Pour remaining sauce over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads 165°, brushing occasionally with reserved sauce during the last 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 601 calories, Fat 24g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 112mg cholesterol, Sodium 875mg sodium, Carbohydrate 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 41g protein.
GRILLED APPLE BRINED PORK CHOPS
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 cup of water, apple juice, pepper, salt, sugar and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer making sure to stir occasionally to dissolve the salt and sugar. Remove from heat and add to a large bowl with 2 cups of ice.
- Once the brined has cooled add pork chops. Brine for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove pork from brine, rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Sprinkle 1 side of the pork chops with 1/2 the grill seasoning. Place chops on hot oiled grill, seasoned side down. Sprinkle the topside with remaining grill seasoning. Grill chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
APPLE-STUFFED PORK CHOPS
I've been making these delicious extra-thick chops for over 30 years. It's a wonderful entree to serve company and it also savored by our family on special occasions. -Paula Disterhaupt, Bakersfield, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; add the bread cubes, apples, celery, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt. , Cut a pocket in each chop by making a horizontal cut through the meat almost to the bone. Sprinkle inside and outside with pepper and remaining salt. Spoon stuffing loosely into pockets. , In a large skillet, brown the chops on both sides in oil. Place in an ungreased large baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364 calories, Fat 19g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 107mg cholesterol, Sodium 534mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
APPLE STUFFED PORK CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet saute onion in butter or margarine until tender. Remove from heat. Add the bread crumbs, apples, celery, parsley and salt. Mix all together. Cut a large pocket in the side of each pork chop; season inside and out with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon apple mixture loosely into pockets.
- In skillet, heat oil to medium high and brown chops on both sides. Place browned chops in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 30 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 483.2 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 89.7 mg, Fat 18.9 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 32.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 625.7 mg, Sugar 7.8 g
GRILLED APPLE-STUFFED PORK CHOPS
French's has been America's favorite mustard brand for over a century. Learn more about your favorite yellow mustard and other French's sauces & products today!
Provided by French's
Number Of Ingredients 7
- COMBINE 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons mustard and 1 tablespoon honey in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, apple, onion and parsley; toss until crumbs are moistened. Combine remaining 3 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons honey in small bowl; set aside for glaze.
- CUT horizontal slits in pork chops, using sharp knife, to make a pocket for stuffing. Spoon stuffing evenly into pockets. Secure openings with toothpicks.
- PLACE pork chops on oiled rack. Grill over medium heat 40 to 45 minutes until no longer pink near bone, turning often. Baste chops with reserved glaze during last 10 minutes of cooking.
IOWA STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET APPLE DRESSING
- Cut 2 inch pockets into chops from bone side so dressing stays in.
- In bowl combine apples,bread,sugar,cinnamon and salt.
- Mix well.
- Stuff into pockets of pork chops.
- Place chops in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour Melted butter or marg.
- over chops and bake at 350.
- When chops have browned,add 1 cup of water and cover with foil.
- Bake for 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422.3, Fat 24.8, SaturatedFat 11.5, Cholesterol 102.1, Sodium 224.2, Carbohydrate 26.7, Fiber 2, Sugar 19.8, Protein 23.6
STUFFED IOWA STEAKS (PORK CHOPS)
My local butcher used to cut these nearly 2 inch thick gorgeous pork chops. We would slice open the chop to the bone and stuff with a sweet savory sausage stuffing, these thick pork chops are a summer time hit.
Provided by Chummers
Yield 8 chops, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Ask your butcher to cut up some inch and half nearly two inch thick bone in pork chops.
- Prepare rub and coat pork chops up to one day before grilling.
- Brown sausage, drain, set aside to cool. Cook down onions in hot oil until slightly brown and translucent. Not looking for the caramelized onions you might put on your burger here. Return sausage to pan, add remaining ingredients for stuffing, heat and then cool to touch.
- Cut center slit in pork chops to the bone, stuff with sausage, onion, fruit mixture. Over stuffing these monsters is okay. A saturated bamboo stick could help hold it together but not necessary.
- Warm marmalade over low heat until slightly liquid form.
- Heat grill to medium high, MOM on a three burner Weber (medium-off-medium) , or about a 7-8 count (hand over heat) for charcoal.
- Grill on indirect heat for 8-10 minutes on first side, flipping and grilling for a remaining 6-8 minutes. This can be one of those times that a fine set of grill marks will pay off big dividends on presentation, so if you're thinking grill marks I am sure you know what to do. When only a few minutes are left coat chop with glaze, being careful not to put on too soon and have sugars burn. Grilling pork can be a personal choice as to when they are done. Because of the moist stuffing, these do not tend to dry out. But with the glaze you can blacken them and give that bitter burnt taste to what was going to be your best meal of summer.
- Check temp of pork chop and remove from heat. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. I might use a tinfoil tent from time to time if I need to stretch out the time before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 625.2, Fat 25.6, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 150.1, Sodium 2274.8, Carbohydrate 50.5, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 39.8, Protein 50.4
GRILLED STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: porterhouse pork chops, bacon, smoked gouda cheese, fresh cilantro, fresh thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, salt, pepper
Provided by Kyle Gibson
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown bacon in a skillet. Once browned, drain and set aside.
- Combine bacon, gouda, and cilantro in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Stuff pork chops with bacon, gouda, and cilantro stuffing. Season both sides with all seasonings and grill on medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until the middle measures 160°F.
- Top with any remaining stuffing mixture and allow to melt.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1014 calories, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 75 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 77 grams, Sugar 1 gram
GRILLED APPLE STUFFED IOWA CHOPS
- 1. In saute pan, "sweat" onion, garlic, and green apple in olive oil, salt, ground pepper and margarine. Once onions are translucent, turn off heat.
- 2. Stir in entire bag of Stove Top. Mix well, cover and let sit until at room temp. The Stove Top should pull in the moisture from the apple, onion, butter and oil to create a mix that can be balled up.
- 3. With boning or thin blade knife, cut a slit in the pork chop toward the bone from any spot along the meat or fat edge. This slit should be wide enough to put a finger or teaspoon into, and all the way to the bone. You want to create a "pocket" in the chop to stuff the apple/onion mix in to. Gently widen and deepen the slit with your finger, being careful not to puncture the meat from the inside. Punctures will let the stuffing come out.
- 4. With your hands, stuff the apple/onion/Stove Top mixture into the pork chops. If the mixture is crumbly, add slight amounts of water to moisten. Continue this, dividing the mixture amongst the 6 chops.
- 5. Heat grill to High. Sear pork chops on both sides (a little olive oil on chops will transfer heat and allow faster, more even searing). Then stand pork chops up on bone, turn heat to med-high, and let cook 15-20 minutes, checking frequently to make sure no fires pop up. This step heats that tender meat and stuffing next to the bone that would normally only cook after the rest of the chop dries out.
- 6. After bone is blackening, and appears cooked, lay chops back down and allow 4 minutes per side, 3-4 turns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
More about "grilled apple stuffed iowa chops recipes"
APPLE STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - EASY - MY LATINA TABLE
GRILLED STUFFED APPLES RECIPE - GRILLING 24X7
STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH BROWNED BUTTER APPLE FILLING
GRILLED PORK APPLES - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
APPLE BACON STUFFED PORK CHOPS - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
10 BEST GRILLED STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED APPLE-NUT STUFFED PORK CHOPS - CROWNBBQ RECIPES
GRILLED STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - GRILLONADIME.COM
SAUSAGE-AND-APPLE-STUFFED IOWA CHOPS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHEESE STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE - HOSTESS AT HEART
APPLE STUFFED PORK CHOPS - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
CHEDDAR AND APPLE STUFFED PORK CHOPS | METRO
GRILLED BONE IN PORK CHOPS STUFFED AND TOPPED WITH APPLES
GRILLED KIMCHI STUFFED PORK CHOPS | HY-VEE
APPLE AND BLUE CHEESE STUFFED GRILLED PORK CHOPS - RECIPE GIRL
APPLE BAKED STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
10 BEST GRILLED STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPES - YUMMLY
GRILLED STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
APPLE STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH HERBED GRAVY - SHUGARY SWEETS
HOW TO GRILL IOWA CHOPS - OUR EVERYDAY LIFE
STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE, IRISH CHEDDAR, AND SAGE
GRILLED APPLE-NUT STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPE
GRILLED APPLE-NUT STUFFED PORK CHOPS - BIGOVEN.COM
RECIPES > BARBEQUE > HOW TO MAKE GRILLED APPLE NUT STUFFED …
GRILLED STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPE – THECOOKINGGUILD
PERFECT IOWA CHOPS - FOOD & SWINE
STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE SAUCE - NORAH'S COOKING DIARY
GRILLED STUFFED PORK CHOPS | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN RECIPE
APPLE- AND SAUSAGE-STUFFED PORK CHOPS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
APPLE HERB BAKED STUFFED PORK CHOPS - WEST VIA MIDWEST
APPLE STUFFED PORK CHOPS – LOUISIANA-GRILLS
ASTRAY RECIPES: PORK CHOPS RECIPES
APPLE STUFFED PORK CHOPS - NEW YORK APPLE ASSOCIATION
10 BEST GRILLED STUFFED PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love