GRILLED CHEESE & TOMATO SOUP BAKE
This casserole brings together two classic comfort foods: grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. There's no need for your hands to get messy dipping bread into a bowl of hot soup! Best of all, my picky-eater husband devours every bite. -Megan Kuns, Perrysburg, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 teaspoon basil until blended; spread onto 6 bread slices. Top with the mozzarella cheese and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter. Arrange in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish., In a small saucepan, combine tomato paste, garlic, salt, pepper and remaining basil; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat., Whisk the eggs in a large bowl; gradually whisk in a third of the milk mixture. Stir in the remaining milk mixture; pour over the sandwiches. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend., Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485 calories, Fat 29g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 137mg cholesterol, Sodium 918mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
GRILLED TOMATO AND CHEESE
Butter does more for a grilled cheese than just browning the bread. Using cultured butter, one made with fermented cream, can add depth and a touch of sweet and tangy richness, thereby elevating the sandwich to new heights.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and lay them on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and let sit to release any water, about 15 minutes. Pat dry.
- Lay out 4 slices of the bread on a work surface. Layer each with 2 slices of cheese, making sure that they cover to the edges. Follow with 2 slices of tomato and then 1 more slice of cheese. Close the sandwiches with the remaining bread. Thinly and evenly spread the butter on both sides of the bread using about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter for each sandwich.
- Place 2 sandwiches into a nonstick medium skillet over medium heat. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until the bread is evenly golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip, cover again and cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is visibly melted, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
GRILLED CHEESE & TOMATO SANDWICH
I started liking grilled cheese & tomato sandwiches years ago at a little restaurant near my office. I would go about three times a week to order a grilled provolone cheese & tomato sandwich. Today I wanted something different, something a little spicier, so I made up the following recipe. I thought it was delicious! Hope you try it and enjoy it!
Provided by Paulette
Yield 1 sandwich
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Spread both slices of bread with a light layer of mayo.
- Put slice of cheese on one piece of bread.
- Add tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper& Italian Seasoning.
- Cover tomato slices with other slice of cheese, then cover with other piece of bread.
- In the meantime, heat griddle or pan with butter and garlic power or minced garlic.
- Also spread butter on top of each side of bread.
- Grill until sandwich is brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SANDWICHES
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches are so easy and delicious, perfect for that lunchtime fix. Perfectly melted cheese surrounding a juicy tomato inside with toasted whole grain bread outside, make this sandwich the ultimate comfort food.
Provided by Country Crock®
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spread Country Crock® Spread on one side of each bread slice.
- Place 2 slices, Spread side down, in skillet. Top each with tomato, then cheese, then remaining bread slice, Spread side up.
- Cook until lightly browned on one side. Flip over and cook until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377.4 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 59.5 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 21.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 573.6 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
THE ULTIMATE GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP BOWL RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: unsalted butter, large yellow onion, garlic, crushed tomato, chicken broth, heavy cream, salt, pepper, white bread, butter, garlic, large egg, cheddar cheese, olive oil, dried oregano, pepper, salt
Provided by Katie Aubin
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make the tomato soup: melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and stir for 6-8 minutes, until the onions just start to brown.
- Add the garlic and stir for another minute. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and transfer to a blender. Remove vent so that steam can escape. Blend for 2 minutes, until the soup is smooth and thick. Alternatively, leave the soup in the pot and use an immersion blender.
- Make the grilled cheese bowl: cut the crusts off the bread and set aside in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the bread slices into 3 lines: a line of 5, a line of 4, and a line of 2.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and garlic and use a brush to spread the mixture over each piece of bread.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Brush the bottom of each slice in egg wash and then dab the bottom of each piece of bread in the line of 5 and the line of 4. Dab all four sides of the bread in the group of 2. Overlap the edges of the 5 pieces of bread, then press the edges together to adhere. Repeat with the line of 4.
- In a greased medium oven-safe bowl, place one of the single slices of bread. Then, take the line of 5 slices and make it into a circle on the inside of the bowl. Press down the edges to adhere to the piece of bread at the bottom of the bowl.
- Cover the bread with 6 slices of cheese. Lay the remaining single slice of bread over the cheese, then make a circle with the line of 4 slices of bread, pressing to seal the edges and adhere to the bread below. Lay the remaining slice of cheese on the bottom.
- Using a small bowl, press down on the bread bowl to compress slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the bread is golden brown.
- Make the crouton fries: Add the olive oil, oregano, pepper, and salt to the bowl with the crusts. Toss until thoroughly coated. Transfer the crusts to a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, until the crusts are golden brown.
- Remove the bowl and crouton fries from oven. Use tongs to move the bread bowl from the bowl to a serving dish. Fill with tomato soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 740 calories, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 57 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 8 grams, Sugar 13 grams
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO QUESADILLAS
- Preheat grill or skillet to high heat. Sprinkle each of 4 tortillas with 1/4 cup cheese. Cover with tomatoes; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese; top with 4 remaining tortillas. Grill until bottom tortilla is brown and cheese is melted. Flip; cook until brown, cheese is melted, and tomato is hot. Transfer to a cutting surface; cut into wedges.
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP BAKE
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Fill bread slices with Singles to make 6 sandwiches. Mix tomato soup and half-and-half until blended.
- Spray rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread outsides of sandwiches with mayo; place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 min. Remove baking sheet from oven; turn sandwiches.
- Spoon tomato soup mixture over sandwiches; spread to evenly cover tops of sandwiches. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 10 min. or until shredded cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 610 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 10 g
GRILLED CHEESE-AND-TOMATO CASSEROLE
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat the broiler. Brush a 9-by-13-inch flameproof baking dish with some of the melted butter.Lay 6 of the bread slices out on a baking sheet in 1 even layer. Brush the tops generously with butter. Broil, rotating the baking sheet as needed, until the bread is golden brown and toasted, 2 to 4 minutes. Flip the slices (untoasted side facing up). Put 2 slices of the Cheddar each on 3 pieces of the bread and 1 slice of the Swiss cheese each on the 3 remaining slices. Return the baking sheet to the broiler until the cheese completely melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Sandwich together each Swiss-topped bread slice with a Cheddar-topped slice. Repeat with the remaining bread, Cheddar and Swiss and more butter.Trim the crusts off the sandwiches, then arrange the sandwiches in 1 layer in the prepared baking dish. Scatter the Parmesan over the top.Scatter the tomatoes on the baking sheet, and toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Broil until they are very soft and the skins are wrinkled and browned in spots, 4 to 5 minutes. Scatter the tomatoes over the sandwiches.Switch the broiler to bake, and preheat to 350 degrees F.Whisk together the half-and-half, mayonnaise, eggs, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a large bowl. Pour over the tomatoes and sandwiches (the liquid won't completely cover). Cover with foil, and bake until the custard is mostly set, about 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue to bake until the casserole is hot and golden brown in spots, about 15 minutes more. Scatter the parsley on top, and serve hot.Source: foodnetwork.comRecipe formatted with the Cook'n Recipe Software from DVO Enterprises.
Nutrition Facts : Calories per serving 333
More about "grilled cheese and tomato casserole recipes"
BEST GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP BAKE RECIPE
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP BAKE | THE LEAF …
GRILLED CHEESE WITH TOMATO AND ONION - DELICIOUS ON …
GRILLED CHEESE & TOMATO SOUP CASSEROLE RECIPE
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
GRILLED TOMATOES WITH CHEESE RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST TOMATO GRILLED CHEESE …
7 FRESH TOMATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TOMATO CASSEROLE WITH ONIONS AND CHEESE RECIPE - THE …
GRILLED CHEESE WITH TOMATO - SPEND WITH PENNIES
THE CHEW: CARLA HALL GRILLED CHEESE TOMATO CASSEROLE …
GRILLED CHEESE TOMATO SOUP CASSEROLE - SWEET RECIPEAS
BEST GRILLED CHEESE-AND-TOMATO CASSEROLE RECIPES
3.2/5 (40)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsServings 6-8
10 GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES THAT ARE NEXT LEVEL | 12 TOMATOES
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP CASSEROLE | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
GRILLED CHEESE GARBAGE STRATA IS SELF-CARE IN A CASSEROLE DISH
THE TRULY ULTIMATE GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE (WITH TOMATOES!)
GRILLED CHEESE CASSEROLE | TASTYCOOKERY
GARLIC GRILLED CHEESE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
THIS GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP CASSEROLE IS EASY …
SLOPPY JOE GRILLED CHEESE CASSEROLE - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
GRILLED ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO CHEESE BAKE - AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPES
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH CASSEROLE - FRAMED COOKS
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP CASSEROLE
GRILLED CHEESE-AND-TOMATO CASSEROLE – RECIPES NETWORK
GRILLED CHEESE-AND-TOMATO CASSEROLE | RECIPE | CASSEROLE RECIPES, …
GRILLED TOMATO-AND-CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BBQ & GRILLING | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP PASTA BAKE | BEST PASTA BAKE RECIPE
GRILLED CHEESE & TOMATO SOUP BAKE | MRFOOD.COM
TOMATO SOUP & BACON GRILLED CHEESE CASSEROLE
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP CASSEROLE - GIANT EAGLE
HAMBURGER CASSEROLE RECIPE - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP CASSEROLE
CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED CHEESE AND TOMATO SOUP CASSEROLE | RECIPE | DELICIOUS …
GRILLED CHEESE & TOMATO SOUP BAKE | EASY CASSEROLE RECIPE
GARDEN TOMATO GRILLED CHEESE | GOODCOOK RECIPES
10 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE TOMATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED CHEESE, TOMATO SOUP MIX IN NEW TAKE ON CLASSIC - ACCESS …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook Grilled Cheese and tomato soup in oven?This Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Bake is a delicious casserole that your family will fall in love with. It's an easy dinner that doesn't disappoint! Preheat to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread cubes onto large baking sheet and toast in oven for 10 minutes.
How to cook Grilled Cheese and tomato sandwiches?Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches are so easy and delicious, perfect for that lunchtime fix. Perfectly melted cheese surrounding a juicy tomato inside with toasted whole grain bread outside, make this sandwich the ultimate comfort food. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spread Country Crock® Spread on one side of each bread slice.
How do you make tomato and cheese casserole?Pour half of the tomato mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Arrange the sandwiches inside the dish and then pour the remaining tomato mixture on top. 8. Sprinkle the cheddar evenly over the casserole. Bake until the tomato mixture is bubbly and the cheese is melted, 25 to 30 minutes.
How to cook tomatoes and cheese for pizza?Directions. Thinly slice the tomatoes and lay them on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and let sit to release any water, about 15 minutes. Lay out 4 slices of the bread on a work surface. Layer each with 2 slices of cheese, making sure that they cover to the edges. Follow with 2 slices of tomato and then 1 more slice of cheese.