LAMB LEG GRILLED WITH ROSEMARY, GARLIC & DIJON MARINADE
How to grill a leg of lamb over indirect heat for tender, juicy meat. Flavor it before you grill it with a thick and fragrant leg of lamb marinade with rosemary, garlic, lemon, Dijon mustard and olive oil. Tips on cutting a bone-in leg of lamb.
Provided by CraftBeering
Categories Cooking Tips and How Tos
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Make the marinade for the lamb leg - very finely chop the rosemary leaves, mince the garlic and press onto it with the flat side of the knife, zest the lemon. Combine all three with the olive oil, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Trim any excess fat from the leg of lamb, leaving a good fat cap on top. Score the fat cap in a diamond pattern until you just reach the meat. Apply the marinade paste all over the lamb, rub it in the scored parts. Place onto a plate, season with salt and pepper and cover*. Marinate refrigerated from 4 hours to overnight.
- Bring the leg of lamb to room temperature (about 30-40 minutes of the counter) and preheat a charcoal** grill to 325F. No need to scrape off the marinade paste - it will help form a flavorful crust.
- Place the leg of lamb directly onto the grill rack, over indirect heat, fat cap facing up. Turn it over/reposition it every 20 minutes or so to expose all surfaces to the indirect heat and the grill rack. Do so last for the side with the fat. Maintain a constant grill temperature and grill until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 135 F for medium-rare. If you'd like a section of the lamb leg to be cooked medium (as seen in the pictures) grill the meatiest side of the leg until the temperature there is 140-145F. *** Allow the lamb to rest onto a board for 10-15 minutes before you carve it. You may loosely tent it with foil to keep it warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 639 calories, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 211 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 43 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 58 grams protein, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 928 milligrams sodium, Sugar 0 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 23 grams unsaturated fat
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.
- Prepare grill for cooking over direct heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure.
- Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade) and run 3 or 4 skewers lengthwise through lamb about 2 inches apart. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over occasionally and, if necessary, moving around on grill to avoid flare-ups, until thermometer registers 125 to 128°F, 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and remove skewers. Let lamb stand, loosely covered with foil, 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 135°F while meat stands.) Cut across the grain into slices.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB STEAKS
- Place lamb steaks in a single layer in a shallow dish. Cover with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Flip steaks to coat both sides. Let sit until steaks absorb flavors, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Cook steaks until browned on the outside and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side for medium. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327.3 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Cholesterol 92.9 mg, Fat 21.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 29.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 112.1 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place lamb in a large shallow dish with marinade, and turn to coat. Cover; marinate 1 hour at room temperature or up to overnight in refrigerator, turning occasionally. (Bring to room temperature before grilling.)
- Heat grill to medium-high. Thread several metal skewers through lamb in both directions to hold meat together during cooking.
- Grill lamb until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 140 degrees for medium rare, 10 to 15 minutes per side. Let the meat rest, covered, about 10 minutes. Remove the skewers. Slice the meat thinly, against the grain where possible.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271 g, Fat 13 g, Protein 35 g
MARINATED GRILLED LAMB
It's fun to fire up the grill on Easter, especially if you live in a cold climate! A mild marinade we created fabulously flavors lamb.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a shallow dish, combine first 9 ingredients; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours. , Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Drain lamb, discarding marinade. Place rosemary sprig on lamb; roll up and tie with kitchen string, leaving a portion of the sprig exposed. If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper., Grill lamb, covered, over indirect medium heat 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from grill; tent with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Discard rosemary sprig before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 304mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, SAM'S WAY
This lamb recipe comes from a feast that Mark Bittman and Sam Sifton prepared in Charleston, S.C. They found good lamb and decided to cook it two different ways, braised and grilled, to bring different textures and flavors to the plate - and also to nod to the tradition of the paschal lamb in Jewish and Christian springtime traditions.
Provided by Mark Bittman And Sam Sifton
Categories dinner, barbecues, main course
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the garlic, rosemary and olive oil in a bowl. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, then massage with the garlic and rosemary mixture and put the meat in the bowl. Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Allow it to come to room temperature, approximately 30 minutes. Meanwhile, build a fire in your grill, leaving 1/3 of the cooking area free of coals.
- When the fire is hot, sprinkle the pecan shells or wood chips over the fire and place the lamb fat side down. Sear each side of the lamb for approximately 4 minutes each, then remove the lamb to the side of the grill without coals and roast, covered, for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Tent in foil for 10 to 15 minutes, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 543, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 39 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 45 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 757 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY, GARLIC, AND MUSTARD
- Open lamb like book on work surface. Using tip of small knife, make 1/2-inch-deep slits all over lamb. Thinly slice 4 garlic cloves. Insert garlic slices into slits in lamb. Combine remaining 4 garlic cloves, mustard, olive oil, white wine, rosemary, and lemon juice in processor. Blend until coarse puree forms. Spread underside of lamb with half of puree. Place lamb, seasoned side down, in 15 x 10 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Spread remaining puree over top of lamb. Cover lamb with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Let lamb stand at room temperature 2 hours. Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Sprinkle lamb generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill lamb to desired doneness, about 17 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer lamb to cutting board; let rest 10 to 20 minutes.
- Thinly slice lamb against grain. Overlap slices on platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh herb sprigs.
- What to drink:
- Syrah would be delicious with the grilled lamb. Mix things up by skipping California and Australian Syrahs and going with an Italian Syrah instead. One to try: the velvety, full-bodied 2006 Villa Pillo Syrah Toscana ($16, Italy).
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- To a blender, add: the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until thoroughly combined. Pat the lamb dry and put it on a shallow platter. Season all over with salt and pepper. Pour half of the vinaigrette over the lamb, turning the meat to get it well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Heat the grill (or large cast iron skillet) and oil it lightly. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Adjust the time accordingly for other degrees of doneness.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the mache (or mixed baby greens), mint leaves, and scallions in a bowl and dress the salad with about 3 tablespoons of the reserved vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the lamb into thick slices and serve with greens.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine the onions, tomatoes, garlic, pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander, and cardamom in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Put the lamb in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over to cover. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature, about 30 minutes, before grilling.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat and rub with oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove the lamb from marinade, reserving the marinade for basting, and season generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Lay the lamb on the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Using tongs, carefully flip the lamb over and grill the second side for 15 to 20 minutes more, basting with reserved marinade occasionally. If necessary, move the lamb around the grill to avoid flare-ups. The internal temperature of the lamb should register 125 to 130-degrees F for medium-rare.
- Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and tent with aluminum foil. Let the lamb rest for 15 minutes (internal temperature will rise to 135-degrees F while the meat stands.) Thinly slice the lamb across the grain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 558.2, Fat 39.5, SaturatedFat 16.9, Cholesterol 156.5, Sodium 133.8, Carbohydrate 7.6, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 2.6, Protein 42.1
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Have ready a dish large enough to accommodate the lamb in a single layer. Place the coriander, dill, and fennel seeds in a spice grinder, and finely grind.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground spice mixture, garlic, rosemary, sage, mint, and olive oil. Spread the mixture on both sides of each lamb section. Place lamb in dish, and transfer to refrigerator. Marinate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat a grill or grill pan until medium hot. Season lamb with salt and pepper, and place lamb on grill. Cook until medium rare, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board. Let meat stand 5 minutes. Slice, and serve.
MOUTHWATERING GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
I admit it, I was scared to try lamb until I tried it this way. Now I love lamb. This is a marinade that's quick to put together and then just grill. We love to serve it with roasted potatoes. A touch of mint jelly or A-1 Sweet and Tangy are good condiments for lamb. Try the electric fry pan method - even better. ***** About the 67% calories from fat - the marinade is disgarded so it's really much lower.*****
Provided by Puppies777
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix all ingredients together except lamb until well combined. Add lamb and marinate in a ziplock bag for 8 hours or overnight.
- Discard marinade. Grill for about 20 - 25 minutes for medium rare.
- Tried a new cooking method - turned out FANTASTIC; so moist!
- In an electric fry pan place marinated lamb on a rack. Add water to pan to cover bottom (add more during roasting to keep bottom covered). Preheat to 400°F Roast 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°F; roast about 20 minutes per pound for medium or until internal temperature reaches 145°F when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 10 - 15 minutes before carving. Internal temperature will continue to rise 5° - 10°F during stand time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 695.9, Fat 52.3, SaturatedFat 18.8, Cholesterol 156.5, Sodium 131.1, Carbohydrate 2.8, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.6, Protein 40.9
More about "grilled leg of lamb recipes"
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY RECIPE
5/5 (46)Total Time 4 hrs 45 minsServings 6-8
- Spread the lamb on a work surface. With a boning or paring knife, cut between the muscles and separate them using your fingers. Trim away any excess fat and gristle.
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 4 hours, turning a few times.
- Light a grill. Season the lamb with salt and pepper; do not scrape off the garlic or rosemary. Grill the lamb over a hot fire, turning often, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in each piece registers 125° to 130° for medium-rare. The times will vary according to the size and shape of the lamb leg, anywhere from 8 minutes for a 6-ounce piece to 20 minutes for a 1 1/2-pound piece. Transfer the lamb to a carving board as each one is done, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Thinly slice the lamb and serve.
GRILLED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - WEST VIA MIDWEST
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
JUICIEST GRILLED LAMB KABOBS | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | TIPS & TECHNIQUES | WEBER GRILLS
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | RICARDO
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - HEY GRILL, HEY
SLOW-GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST BBQ GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - CHAR-BROIL
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH HERB BUTTER (RECIPE) - THEONLINEGRILL.COM
MEDITERRANEAN BONELESS GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - LIVEBEST
LEG OF LAMB RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | PAGE 2 | BON APPéTIT
GRILLED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
SLOW-GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH GRILL ROASTED LEG OF LAMB
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, MEXICAN-STYLE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
HOW TO GRILL A GREAT LEG OF LAMB ON A ROTISSERIE
GRILLED AND BRAISED LEG OF LAMB | RICARDO
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - Z GRILLS® BLOG
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - SABER® GRILLS
GRILLED ROSEMARY LEMON BONELESS LEG OF LAMB - GRILL GIRL
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE – SASHA'S FINE FOODS
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | SAVEUR
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - GRILLED HONEY MUSTARD LAMB
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE 2022 - FLAME GORILLA
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
BBQ & GRILLED LAMB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED LAMB RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
ROSEMARY GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - COOKS WITHOUT BORDERS
RECIPE: GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #lamb-sheep #dietary #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love