ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SLIDERS
- Heat a grill pan or grill over medium heat.
- Slice each zucchini on the diagonal into 12 slices (24 slices total). Brush one side of each zucchini slice with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches, place them oil-side down on the grill pan and cook for 2 minutes. Flip each slice and continue grilling until they have grill marks but are still somewhat firm, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the mozzarella into 6 slices, then cut each slice in half. Slice each tomato into 6 slices crosswise (12 slices total).
- To make the dressing: Combine the mayonnaise, pesto and vinegar in a small bowl and stir together until well combined.
- To assemble the sliders: Top a slice of grilled zucchini with 1 teaspoon of the dressing. Arrange one of the half-slices of mozzarella on the dressed zucchini slice so that it fits the zucchini. Arrange a slice of tomato on top, followed by a basil leaf. Spread a teaspoon of the dressing on a new slice of zucchini and top the stack as if building a sandwich. Secure the slider with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have 12 sliders.
- Arrange the sliders on a platter, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish the platter with more basil.
This caprese sandwich is a staple in my family. We make it several times a month when things are hectic and we need a fast, fresh and healthy dinner-it's always a hit! -Stacey Johnson, Tacoma, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Spread mayonnaise on 1 side of each slice of toast. Top half the toast slices with tomatoes, salt and pepper. Add onion, mozzarella and basil; top with remaining bread slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 463 calories, Fat 29g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 52mg cholesterol, Sodium 753mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
More about "grilled zucchini caprese sandwiches recipes"
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICH - THE LITTLE KITCHEN
Reviews 25Total Time 15 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SALAD – THE COMFORT OF COOKING
GRILLED CAPRESE ZUCCHINI BOATS RECIPE - HOME COOKING …
CAPRESE SALAD WITH GRILLED ZUCCHINI RECIPE - PUREWOW
GRILLED ZUCCHINI AND CHEESE SANDWICHES - RECIPE
GRILLED VEGGIE CAPRESE SANDWICH RECIPE - COOKING LSL
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICH - TASTES LOVELY
5/5 (5)Total Time 15 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 585 per serving
- In a small mixing bowl, make the pesto mayonnaise by combining the mayonnaise and pesto. Stir to combine, cover with saran wrap, and keep in the fridge until ready to use. Will keep for 1 week.
- Preheat your grill (or indoor grill pan) over medium heat. Drizzle the cut side of the sliced bread with olive oil, and grill cut side down for about 2 minutes, until they are lightly toasted with grill marks. Remove from heat and set on a plate.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, toss the sliced zucchini with 2 tablespoons olive oil until they are evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the zucchini 1-2 minutes per side, until just crisp tender. Remove from heat and set on a plate.
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading the pesto mayo on both sides of the bread, then topping with 3-4 slices of zucchini, 3-4 tomatoes and 3-4 slices of mozzarella.
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICH | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
5/5 (24)Category SandwichCuisine ItalianTotal Time 20 mins
- Trim off the top end of the zucchini and cut lengthwise into 4 thin slices. Slice the tomato and slice the mozzarella. Slice off the top of one piece of focaccia; this will be the bottom of the sandwich.
- Preheat the grill pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and grill the zucchini slices for approx. 3 min. per side. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried Italian herbs. Add water, balsamic vinegar, and honey to the zucchini and let it boil for approx. 2 min. Remove zucchini and set aside.
- Spread the pesto on the top of the bottom piece of focaccia, and the underside of the top piece. Alternately layer the slices of tomato and mozzarella on the bottom piece and season with salt and pepper. Add arugula, grilled zucchini, and basil leaves.
- Grill in a hot panini press for approx. 5 min. or until the cheese is slightly melted, and the sandwich is crusty and hot. Cut in halves or quarters and enjoy!
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICH - AOL.COM
Servings 4Total Time 15 mins
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (29)Total Time 15 minsServings 4Calories 343 per serving
GRILLED ZUCCHINI STUFFED WITH CAPRESE ORZO - OLD HOUSE TO NEW …
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE STACKS - THE MERCHANT BAKER
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES - DAILY OMNIVORE
GRILLED ZUCCHINI SANDWICH WITH GREEN OLIVE PESTO - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE STACKS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE STACKS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES RECIPE
CAPRESE STACKS WITH GRILLED ZUCCHINI - MARIE BOSTWICK
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SALAD - THE PRODUCE MOMS
HEALTHY GRILLED CAPRESE ZUCCHINI - OUR BEST BITES
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES - CHICAGODINNERBELL
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES - EZ PEAS-Z RECIPES
GRILLED CAPRESE ZUCCHINI ROLL UPS - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES | ALSTEDE FARMS | NJ
CRAZY DELICIOUS CAPRESE GRILLED ZUCCHINI - PERFECT FOR SUMMER!
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICH
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES RECIPE
GRILLED CAPRESE SANDWICH - DINNER AT THE ZOO
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE - LITTLE BROKEN
EASY GRILLED CAPRESE SANDWICH (10 MINUTES!) - I HEART NAPTIME
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES
61 EASY FATHER’S DAY DINNER IDEAS TO HONOR DAD
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
CARAMELIZED ZUCCHINI PASTA - GRILLED CHEESE SOCIAL
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICHES - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
GRILLED CAPRESE SANDWICHES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE SANDWICH RECIPE | NOA'S GOING HEALTHY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a zucchini Caprese sandwich?This grilled zucchini caprese sandwich has something for everyone. The grilled zucchini gives the sandwich a great meaty feeling, you won’t even miss the meat. It’s then layered with thick slices of tomato and mozzarella cheese. My mom will leave the cheese off, and adds in mashed avocado instead.
How good is the zucchini and garlic sandwich?These sandwiches came together quickly and won over the crowd. The zucchini was so flavorful with the garlic and oil. I wouldn't make any changes to the recipe! (served with chips and fresh veggies for lunch) April68 Rating: 5 stars 08/06/2012 This sandwich was great!
How to cook Zucchini on the grill?Step 1 Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Place zucchini in a shallow dish. Add 2 teaspoons oil and garlic; toss to coat. Arrange zucchini in grill pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. Cut each zucchini piece in half crosswise. Return zucchini to shallow dish. Drizzle with vinegar.
How do you cook zucchini in pesto Mayo?Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the zucchini 1-2 minutes per side, until just crisp tender. Remove from heat and set on a plate. Assemble the sandwiches by spreading the pesto mayo on both sides of the bread, then topping with 3-4 slices of zucchini, 3-4 tomatoes and 3-4 slices of mozzarella.