KEEMA (INDIAN-STYLE GROUND MEAT)
Serve over rice or noodles for a quick, flavorful meal. This recipe may be modified by adding peas (mattar), potatoes, or any other vegetable you like. It can also be used as a samosa or pastry filling.
Provided by ajr
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook ground lamb until evenly brown. While cooking, break apart with a wooden spoon until crumbled. Transfer cooked lamb to a bowl, and drain off all but 1 tablespoon fat. Saute onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and saute 1 minute. Stir in garam masala and salt, and cook 1 minute. Return the browned lamb to the pan, and stir in tomato paste and beef broth. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until meat is fully cooked through, and liquid has evaporated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 513 calories, Carbohydrate 6.4 g, Cholesterol 124.3 mg, Fat 40.7 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 29.6 g, SaturatedFat 17.6 g, Sodium 884.6 mg, Sugar 2 g
KHEEMA MATTAR (GROUND LAMB AND PEAS)
This is a fantastic dish from northern India. It can be made with ground chicken, turkey, or pork, but it's best when made with lamb.
Provided by Cluich
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for about five minutes over medium heat, until browned. Add the garlic, ginger and chillies and fry for two more minutes.
- Add the lamb and stir-fry over high heat for about five minutes, then stir in remaining seasoning and water. Cover the pan and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Add the peas and lemon juice, then cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. (Suggestion: Serve with warm naan and plain yogurt.).
GROUND LAMB WITH PEAS
- Heat the mustard seeds in the oil over medium heat.
- They will begin to pop, so keep the pan covered until they stop.
- Now saute the onion, garlic, chilies, bay leaves, and cinnamon until onion is soft.
- Brown the lamb in a separate pan.
- Drain the fat and then add the meat to the onions.
- If you are using a leaner meat, you can just brown it in the original pan.
- Add the peas and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, garam masaala, and yogurt.
- Allow the yogurt to become fully warm, then remove pan from heat.
- Top with cilantro.
More about "ground lamb with peas recipes"
GROUND LAMB WITH PEAS - BIGOVEN.COM
4.5/5 (2)Category Main DishCuisine IndianTotal Time 30 mins
10 BEST GROUND LAMB WITH PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
GROUND LAMB AND PEAS IN YOGURT - SAVEUR
GNOCCHI WITH LAMB, PEAS AND PARSLEY MINT PESTO | TASTY ...
KEEMA BIRYANI - BIRYANI WITH GROUND LAMB AND PEAS ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Course, RiceCalories 767 per serving
- Rinse the basmati rice in cold running water. Cook it in the 2 1/2 cups water with salt added till most of the water evaporates and little holes are formed on the surface of the rice. Switch off the heat and cover the rice and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee and oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the bay leaves. Toss in the red onions and sauté till translucent. Now add the spice paste and the turmeric and cayenne. Let it cook over medium high heat till all the spices combine with the onions. Now add the tomatoes and let it cook till the tomatoes soften and the ghee separates on the side.
- Now add the ground lamb and salt and let it cook well. Toss in the green peas and let it all cook well together.
INDIAN GROUND LAMB CURRY | MY HEART BEETS
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
LAMB KEEMA WITH PEAS - SKINNYTASTE
4.7/5 (14)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 240 per serving
EASY ONE POT GROUND LAMB AND COUSCOUS • BEYOND MERE …
4.4/5 (66)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 553 per serving
- Saute onion and garlic with olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or saute pan (use one with a cover that fits) over medium heat until fragrant and beginning to soften. (Only about 30-60 seconds depending on heat level).
- Add minced lamb. Break it up (I like to use a potato masher). If there is more than a coating of grease, drain it off!
- Add the cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, coriander, and cayenne. Continue cooking until the lamb no longer shows any pink, and the pan has very little or no liquid. (See notes).
ROSEMARY GARLIC GROUND LAMB AND POTATOES | MY HEART BEETS
4.9/5 (119)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Calories 560 per serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet or a dutch oven/heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, then add the ground lamb, potatoes, onion and Serrano pepper and cook for 10 minutes. The meat should be fully browned.
GROUND LAMB AND CHICK PEAS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
5/5 (8)Calories 371 per servingServings 6
LAMB AND PEAS LASAGNA RECIPE · I AM A FOOD BLOG
Servings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
LAMB KHEEMA WITH PEAS | RECIPE | GROUND LAMB RECIPES, LAMB ...
4.7/5 (14)Total Time 30 minsServings 4
MOROCCAN-STYLE LAMB AND CHICKPEAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (50)Total Time 40 minsServings 4Calories 430 per serving
SPRING TAGLIATELLE RECIPE WITH GROUND MEAT RAGU AND SPRING ...
GROUND LAMB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
KEEMA PEAS - RECIPES CONNOISSEUR
GROUND LAMB AND RICE CASSEROLE | SOLERANY THE RESTAURANT
EASY-PEASY SPICED GROUND LAMB WITH PEAS | FOOD GAL
GROUND LAMB WITH PEAS AND JASMINE RICE — BE LIKE BECCI
GROUND LAMB RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
BEST INDIAN GROUND LAMB DISHES RECIPES
INDIAN GROUND LAMB WITH PEAS RECIPES
GROUND LAMB WITH PEAS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
#curries #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #lamb-sheep #asian #indian #stove-top #dietary #spicy #stir-fry #meat #taste-mood #equipment #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Lamb and chickpeas in a pan?Moroccan-Style Lamb and Chickpeas is a great go-to choice for fast weeknight cooking. Serve over a simple Couscous-Arugula Salad. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb to pan; cook 6 minutes, stirring to crumble. Remove lamb from pan with a slotted spoon. Discard drippings. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
What is ground lamb and how to cook it?Ground lamb is sauteed with onions and lots of masala, and served over rice or noodles for a quick, flavorful meal. This recipe may be modified by adding peas (mattar), potatoes, or any other vegetable you like.
How do you cook a lamb stew?Heat oil in a large skillet or a dutch oven/heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, then add the ground lamb, potatoes, onion and Serrano pepper and cook for 10 minutes. The meat should be fully browned. Add the garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
How to make lamb kebabs?How to Make It. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and carrot to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Add cumin, cinnamon, coriander, and pepper; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add reserved lamb, broth, and next 5 ingredients (through chickpeas); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.