GRUYERE SPINACH CASSEROLE
This delicious combination of fresh spinach and Gruyere cheese especially compliments beef entrees. It's easy to prepare. I've not yet made this without everyone loving it! I don't add the salt as I find the cheese makes it salty enough.
Provided by Jackie
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the spinach over boiling water in a pot fitted with a steamer basket, and steam 2 to 3 minutes, until wilted. Remove spinach to a colander and cool with cold water. Once cool to the touch, squeeze as much moisture from the spinach as possible.
- In a saucepan, begin making a white sauce by heating 1/4 cup of butter over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the flour and cook for one minute. Then add half of the milk and whisk. Once incorporated, add the rest of the milk, the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce to low and allow to simmer for eight to ten minutes, stirring frequently until sauce has thickened.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Chop the cooled spinach and spread evenly into a lightly buttered, shallow baking dish. Place small dabs of the remaining butter on top of the spinach. Season lightly with salt, pepper and paprika. Pour white sauce over spinach. Sprinkle Gruyere cheese evenly over the top.
- Place in oven under broiler for ten minutes, or until top is browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379.8 calories, Carbohydrate 21.7 g, Cholesterol 76.1 mg, Fat 26.7 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 17.5 g, SaturatedFat 16.2 g, Sodium 420.4 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
CREAMED SPINACH WITH GRUYERE
- Coat a large, straight-sided saute pan with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add 2 cloves of garlic and a pinch of crushed red pepper and cook until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute. Remove the garlic and discard.
- Add half of the spinach to the pan, season with salt and saute until gently wilted. Remove the spinach from the pan to a towel-lined colander set inside a bowl to let the spinach drain and cool. Repeat the process with the remaining garlic and spinach and another pinch of crushed red pepper. Squeeze the towel to remove most of the liquid from the spinach.
- Remove any liquid from the bottom of the saute pan and coat lightly with olive oil. Heat the oil over medium heat, add the shallots and season with salt and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Saute until the shallots are translucent and very aromatic, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the butter and, when melted, stir in the flour. Cook until it is the texture of wet sand, 5 to 6 minutes. Whisk in the milk and heavy cream. Taste for seasoning and season with salt, if needed, (it will). Bring the milk and heavy cream to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally so the milk doesn't scorch on the bottom. Stir in the Gruyere and Parmigiano until melted. Add the reserved spinach and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl, top with a sprinkle of Parmigiano and serve.
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Spray four 10-ounce ramekins with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Add the pancetta and cook until browned, about 6 minutes. Remove the pancetta using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add the shallots, salt and pepper in the same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until soft, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cooked pancetta, shallots, bread, eggs, spinach, gruyere and milk until all the ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins. Place the ramekins on a small baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Cool the ramekins for 20 minutes. Using a paring knife, loosen the edges of the ramekins and unmold onto serving plates. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More about "gruyere and spinach bakes recipes"
SPINACH, DILL & GRUYERE STRATA | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
VEGETARIAN BAKED PASTA WITH SPINACH AND GRUYèRE # ...
5/5 (2)Category MainCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and sauté about 5 minutes, until it begins to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Gradually add the spinach to the skillet, stirring to combine with the onions and garlic. Lower to medium low heat and cook about 5 minutes, until the spinach is wilted. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm while the pasta finishes cooking.
- Begin cooking the pasta according to package instructions shortly after the spinach is added to the pan. When the past is done, drain the pasta and toss immediately with the spinach / onion mixture.
SPINACH AND GRUYERE GRATIN RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
4/5 (665)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 8Calories 407 per serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until evaporated, 4 to 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, nutmeg, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir in the spinach, shallot mixture, Gruyère, and Parmesan. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
FENNEL, SPINACH & GRUYERE POTATO BAKE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 59 per serving
- Toss the Red Potato (1.25 pound) with the Olive Oil (2 tablespoon), Salt (1/4 teaspoon), and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (1/4 teaspoon); arrange in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Rearrange potatoes halfway through to promote even browning.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the Egg (4) and Half and Half (1/4 cup) along with Salt (1/2 teaspoon); stir in the Gruyère Cheese (2 cup), Fresh Basil (1/4 cup), Fresh Parsley (1/4 cup), and Garlic (3 clove) in a large bowl.
BAKED SPINACH AND GRUYèRE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 8Calories 417 per serving
MUSHROOM, GRUYèRE, AND SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (19)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 6Calories 317 per serving
CREAMED SPINACH WITH GRUYèRE - RECIPE - OH, THAT'S GOOD!
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
BAKED PANCAKES WITH GRUYèRE - THE HAPPY FOODIE
Cuisine FrenchCategory Brunch, Lunch, Main CourseServings 4
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES
MUSHROOM, GRUY RE, AND SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRUYERE SUBSTITUTE IN RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES RECIPE
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES – RECIPES NETWORK
SPINACH AND SAUSAGE EGG BAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS ...
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES RECIPE
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES | RECIPE | SPINACH BAKE, FOOD ...
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES RECIPES
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES VIDEOS RECIPE
MUSHROOM GRUYERE QUICHE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SPINACH POTATO CASSEROLE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
MUSHROOM, GRUYèRE, AND SPINACH QUICHE
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES | SIMPLE BY CINDY
SODIUM IN GRUYERE CHEESE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
GRUYERE AND SPINACH BAKES | SPINACH BAKE, GIADA RECIPES ...
You'll also love