HAMBURG CHOWDER (HAMBURGER CHOWDER)
This is an old family recipe from my children's great grandmother (Gram aka Maude Jackson :-)). Family legend has it that this recipe was passed down to her from an uncle who fed railroad crews as they built the lines. He had run out of most supplies and had to come up with something hearty enough to feed a bunch of very hungry workmen...this is what he came up with. We love it!
Provided by Likkel
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine all of the ingredients in a Dutch oven.
- Simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
- If the soup is too thick, add up to a quart of boiling water.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.6, Fat 3.1, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 26, Sodium 777.3, Carbohydrate 26.8, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 6.6, Protein 11.7
To add extra variety to this easy soup, toss in whatever leftovers you have on hand. This recipe is quick to assemble, a definite plus here on our small but busy livestock farm.-Stephanie Allread, Bradford, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 10 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook ground beef with onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 840mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
- In a saute pan brown the ground beef. Drain and set aside. In same saute pan saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add garlic, carrots, basil and parsley. Saute about 3 minutes. Add broth and beef and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender. Meanwhile melt remaining butter in a small skillet. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually add evaporated milk, stirring constantly, cooking and stirring for 6 to 8 minutes. Gradually stir the sauce into the soup. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Continue to stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream. Garnish each serving with chopped fresh tomatoes and dill pickle slices.
I made this up when I was in highschool, wanting a thick stew for dinner one cold winter evening, but only having ground beef in the house. It satisfied me then, and satisfies me and my family now - especially with some garlic cheese bread and a fire going in the hearth!
Provided by Tornado Ali
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Brown ground beef in large dutch oven, breaking it up. Drain off grease.
- Add tomatoes to dutch oven, breaking them up into small pieces. Add back in ground beef, and rest of ingredients up to the mixed vegetables. Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add tomato paste, 1 tablespoon at a time, until thickened to your taste. Serve in bowls, with fresh grated cheddar, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217.4, Fat 11.1, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 46.3, Sodium 348, Carbohydrate 15, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 5, Protein 15.1
HEARTY CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER
"This is a family favorite for cold blustery days," writes Rebecca McCabe from Ekalaka, Montana. "It's very filling and an easy meal when served with corn bread or biscuits."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add potatoes, water, celery, bouillon and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender., In a small bowl, mix flour and 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in remaining milk; heat through. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 14g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 696mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add diced potatoes and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix milk, processed cheese food, and Cheddar cheese into beef mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until heated through and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes; season with pepper. Add mashed potatoes for a thicker chowder; cook until heated through and thickened, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.6 g, Cholesterol 116.7 mg, Fat 34.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 34.3 g, SaturatedFat 18.6 g, Sodium 912.1 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
Thick, creamy and hearty, chowder has a built-in fan club. And that club gets even bigger when you add all the tasty things that make a cheeseburger!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings, about 1 cup chowder and 5 crackers each.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Brown meat with onions in large saucepan; drain.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir 2 min. Add broth and tomatoes; cook on medium-low heat 5 min. or until heated through. Stir in VELVEETA; cook and stir 8 to 10 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and soup is heated through.
- Spoon into soup bowls; top with relish. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 1060 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 7 g, Protein 18 g
Dinner ready in 20 minutes! Enjoy this cheesy ground beef chowder made using Progresso® Potato Soup - a delightful meal!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Add soup and milk; mix well. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese spread; cook and stir until cheese spread is melted. Top individual servings with shredded cheese, tomato and onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fat 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 810 mg
More about "hamburger chowder recipes"
HAMBURGER CHOWDER | RECIPELION.COM
Category Campbell's Soup RecipesEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Cook the beef and onion in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the soup and milk in the saucepan. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Divide the soup among 8 serving bowls. Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon remaining cheese and 2 tablespoons croutons.
HAMBURG CHOWDER HAMBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HAMBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE | MY WEBLOG
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE | MAGNOLIA DAYS
HAMBURGER CHOWDER | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
HAMBURGER - VEGETABLE CHOWDER - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HAMBURGER CHOWDER - BIGOVEN.COM
HAMBURGER CHOWDER - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HAMBURGER VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
15 GROUND BEEF SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HAMBURGER VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
HAMBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
HAMBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE
10 BEST CROCK POT HAMBURGER SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
HAMBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HAMBURGER CHOWDER - BIGOVEN
CROCK POT CORN AND GROUND BEEF CHOWDER RECIPE
HAMBURG CHOWDER (HAMBURGER CHOWDER) RECIPE | YUMMLY
HAMBURGER CHOWDER SOUP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HAMBURGER CABBAGE CHOWDER - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE FROM BARSTOW’S LONGVIEW FARM
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER - SIMPLY STACIE
HAMBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE | RECIPELAND
HAMBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE: HAMBURGER CHOWDER - RECIPELINK.COM
HAMBURGER CHOWDER - THAT'S MY HOME
ALL AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
HAMBURGER SOUP RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
EASY HAMBURGER SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
RECIPE FOR HAMBURGER CHOWDER - ONLINE RECIPES FROM HINDS …
CHEESEBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE FOR STOVETOP OR CROCK POT
HAMBURGER CORN CHOWDER SOUP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
HAMBURGER CHOWDER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
You'll also love